Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: What About Fred

I have to wonder how super hip and cool, world traveler mom and dad ended up with Fred. 

I wonder if when Fred was growing up, the hipness and coolness of his parents completely overshadowed him, even when going to tribal school in Africa and everything he did growing up desensitized to it. There is very  little he could do to be more interesting than his parents, especially when he was a kid and chose just to give up at a very young age. I got to give him credit; he had no problem breakdancing in the middle of the street just to get to dinner. Even though most people aren't interested in model trains, I kind of liked that he was passionate about it.  I am the dullest person you will ever met, but because I am Indian, I have been to India 8 times for months at a time,  which is something the average American would talk endlessly if they made the trip once.  When my mother told my sister that she never studied abroad when she was a young girl, we had to remind her she was an international student in America, it was just that normal to her. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

The return of Ferguson the Cat makes everything better. I have to wonder how super hip and cool, world traveler mom and dad ended up with Fred. 

As a parent, it's scary how much nature (genetics) overrules nurture.  

I loved the part where it came around to the parents bargaining with Jess to keep on with Fred.  And Jess and Winston were on fire!

• Love 1

OMG, Fred doing all the dancing in the street was hysterical. The actor playing that role was so funny and actually kind of cute! It's too bad his character was such a bore. Henry Winkler and Julie Haggerty were both great too. This was one of the better episodes they've done in a while. And Ferguson is back! So cute.

• Love 4

I thought "pretend like you're about to break dance but do not actually break dance" was a funny line, but then the first three seconds of his dance were so hilarious I had to rewind several times. He does that little miniature jazz square think that I have never noticed break dancers do, but it is totally the move they all do. So funny!

• Love 5
possibilities, on 13 Jan 2016 - 5:52 PM, said:

That's Taran Killam, who is a current cast member on SNL. He's usually pretty great there, too.

He is funny - I like that guy. He's married to - and has 2 children with Cobie Smulders (Robin from How I Met Your Mother).  He also starred as Blauman on a handful of episodes of HIMYM.