Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (Vaulted)

Can't remember whose show John Dean was on yesterday  :(   but as usual he's the best.

It was a discussion of trump saying Hillary's"new" emails are worse than Watergate and John Dean basically saying, sorry, no!

Edited by stormy
  • Love 7

Was someone wearing an Andrea Mitchell costume to report the news this morning? Whoever it was seemed to be trying very hard to be fair to Clinton on email, on the FBI, on Obamacare, and she even brought up with some detail the controversies for Trump over his relationship with Russia and the suspicious Russian hacking. She even led discussion that somewhat debunked a new poll that shows Trump leading nationally by 1 point (Mark Murphy didn't seem impressed by it and mentioned others that show her still with a 6 pt. lead)  While she described a downcast mood on the Clinton plane but showed Hillary laughing and having fun with her staff on Halloween and an interview with Chris Cillizza and Sam Stein left the impression Hillary was still going to win, with a lock on PA and NH.

Whoever this new woman was, I hope she stays!

Listening to MSNBC in the car today and heard Hugh Hewitt say, "Everyone is just so fatigued by the Hillary information, I've talked about it for three hours already today!"

This shit just writes itself.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Listening to MSNBC in the car today and heard Hugh Hewitt say, "Everyone is just so fatigued by the Hillary information, I've talked about it for three hours already today!"

This shit just writes itself.

I know, right?  His lack of self-awareness is hilarious, and not in a ha-ha way.

Yeah, motherfucker, we're tired of hearing about Huma's emails!  Let's talk about that Manchurian Candidate who is the GOP standard bearer.  Even if he's not a Manchurian Candidate, at the very least he's a useful idiot.

Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow were thoroughly on point last night and I'm looking forward to more of the same tonight.

• Love 13

Heh, I bought a new car (for me, certified pre-owned to anyone else) a couple months ago and had no idea until two weeks ago that I had SiriusXM.  It's a damn blessing and a curse at this point, if you know what I mean.

Matthews - Eau Claire is like Eau de Parfum... not ewe, it's really not that hard.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 6

Chris Jansing is interviewing James Taylor in North Carolina!  And she asked him to sing a little of "Carolina on My Mind" -- maybe later, I think he said! 

And now four hours later, watching President Obama pour his heart out to the American people in Chapel Hill.  Sleeves rolled up, hot day, exerting himself like he is single-handedly pulling everyone to the right side.  About keeping the Supreme Court seat vacant:  "I used to teach Constitutional Law -- I never saw that provision"  "They say they will impeach Hillary Clinton -- and she hasn't even been elected yet.  They don't have evidence -- they will find something and try to pin it on her"  "It's hard to view me as objective here, but I'm about to leave"  "Gridlock is what happens when politicians like Richard Burr decide they are going to oppose anything that is good for the country, just because a Democrat proposes it.  And that is Richard Burr's platform."  "If you believe what I believe, that America can do better, if you care about equal pay for women... then I need you to vote for Democrats up and down the ticket.  They want to go forward"  "Reject the mean-spirited politics that will take us backward."  "You have a chance to shape history."  "If Hillary wins North Carolina, she wins.  The fate of the Republic rests with you.  It's not often that you can change the arc of history" "If two votes per precinct had gone the other way, I would have lost North Carolina.  Your vote matters.  Protests aren't enough if you are not voting."  "North Carolina, I'm asking you today what I asked you eight years ago:  believe in your ability to bring about change."  How can we miss him so much already when he still has 2 1/2 months left? 

Chris Jansing immediately afterward:  "I haven't seen the President fired up like this in a very, very long time"

HRC has the President, the FLOTUS, Joe Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, and more -- Trump has... Giuliani?  Gingrich?  Not even Christie anymore. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 9

Eric Trump's wife, I think---she's in charge of the "women's outreach" with Omarosa.

It is starting to piss me off (no pun intended) with the MSNBC hosts calling nervous Democrats bedwetters.   

2 minutes ago, car54 said:

Eric Trump's wife, I think---she's in charge of the "women's outreach" with Omarosa.

Yes, that's who they said she was.  "All the women in our family are voting for Donald Trump!" Well, there's a ringing endorsement!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Matthews - Eau Claire is like Eau de Parfum... not ewe, it's really not that hard.

At least he got the state right. This morning, Joe Scarborough said Eau Claire, WASHINGTON!

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, nowandlater said:

They should give equal time to Chelsea Clinton's husband.

Yes:  "All the menfolk in Hillary's family will be voting for her."  How ludicrous is it to drag your own relatives out to say they are voting for you? 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, car54 said:

It is starting to piss me off (no pun intended) with the MSNBC hosts calling nervous Democrats bedwetters.   

23 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Yes, that's who they said she was.  "All the women in our family are voting for Donald Trump!" Well, there's a ringing endorsement!

And, yet Drumpf's son-in-law's paper won't be endorsing any candidate this year.  I wonder why?

I'm glad that sanity prevails after 8 p.m. on MSNBC.  Chris Hayes is always an absolute joy to watch.  I loved that Rachel and LOD covered the bizarre debate at Dillard University in Louisiana last night, featuring "ex" KKL Grand Wizard, David Duke.  You know, the same David Duke who got all defensive and butt hurt and claimed that he's "not opposed to all Jews."  I'm glad that they were able to connect the dots between the folks now running Drumpf's campaign, the alt-right being emboldened to come out of the shadows and the mainstreaming of hate, as embodied by David Duke.

Rachel has also kept up the drumbeat on the voter intimidation efforts by white supremacist groups, and the violation of the consent decree with the RNC where they aren't supposed to engage in this type of racialized behavior.  

Edited by MulletorHater
Misspelled the nectarine nightmare's name
  • Love 6

Well we seem to have a new even less seasoned group of Trump surrogates on today.   The guy who was just on who brought a set of handcuffs for Hillary was a really classy guy.

• Love 2

I'm kinda pissed at MSNBC that they haven't made trump's harassment of Katie Tur (twice) into any real kind of story.  So why should we think that bringing a guy on with handcuffs supposedly for Hillary, isn't right up their alley?

Poor Katie.  She's going to need a mental health break after this train wreck.

• Love 3

Several of the hosts have talked to here about it and for sure she got huge support from a lot of people on Twitter--#I'mwithTur was going like crazy yesterday.  I know Craig Melvin talked about it this morning for sure.

• Love 2

One of the headlines today was about Blitzer on CNN talking to Kellyanne about it yesterday. She was useless as ever, practicing CYA in saying she "talked with him about it" and then lying (as always) in saying he "had no intention of intimidating" or threatening her of course. Oh no! Not him!

I loved LO"D pointing out how absurd it was to bring out Melania today to address the nation on the evils of cyberbullying when "her husband is the worst, meanest cyberbully in the world". True, that! Also enjoyed David Frum's reasons for voting for Hillary and going public with it. If there's any bright light in the dim and fading to darkness Republican Party, it's the conservative intellectuals and former officials and policy experts who have broken with their party over Trump. Wish there were more GOP politicians with some guts to do it--and show some forceful leadership--but at least its good to see what we have!

(Oh, and its hard to find a more disgusting image than the sight of Ted Cruz smarming on Trump's behalf about what a "liar" Hillary is!  Cruz, the man called Trump a "pathological liar" and whose wife and father Trump insulted and lied about.  He is truly so repulsive in every way. Hope Texas will do the right thing in 2020.)

• Love 11

Brian Williams gave way too much air time to Trump trumpeting that he heard the FBI is about to issue a criminal indictment of HRC.  Why show so much of that speech?  And then the first guest was - surprise! - Kellyanne, who kept trying to say that even if this was not an actual indictment, one would be coming after HRC was elected.  Ugh. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

My idea of Karma is that, when this election is all over & Kellyanne is looking for her pay check, she gets stiffed like the rest of Donald's sycophants!!!

KAC is probably getting her $$ directly from Breitbart's single largest funder, billionaire donor Robert Mercer. KAC worked for Mercer before she joined Drumpf's campaign.  

http://mediamatters.org/video/2016/08/25/rachel-maddow-explains-money-man-behind-both-breitbart-news-and-trump-campaign/212685

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, NextIteration said:

Oh, I hope you don't think I meant to take credit - I just think it's sort of the go-to assumption.  KWIM?  She's been a paid operative of Mercer's for a while.

I put the "probably" in the first post to indicate I wasn't exactly sure of my supposition, so I was glad when you pointed out it wasn't just me thinking along those lines.   ;)

• Love 1

Those connections among Trump & staff to Breitbart and Mercer are so interesting. I hope Rachel keeps on it because there's something crooked there beyond ideology. I wonder if the rightwing Trump supporters leaking within the FBI are ideologically on board with the alt-right.

Different note: I've been happy that Ali Velshi is with MSNBC. Very surprised to see he and Alex Witt now have the 2-3 a.m. gig. He was really good, did world news in the part I saw and used the time difference to interview NBC reporters live in the Middle East.  It's my dream that MSNBC is getting ready to switch this pair with Mika and Joe, but I know that's just a dream....

Edited by Padma
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, stormy said:

Rachel talked about the Mercer/Trump/Breitbart/KAC connections last night

I also loved her for breaking the news on Kurt Eichenwald's Newsweek cover story about why Vlad the Impaler's Russia is really backing Drumpf.  He really is Putin's puppet.

And, was that haggard harridan, Kellyanne Conway, really talking to BriWi about the culture of corruption that surrounds Secretary Clinton?  Yeah, she's right.  Let's see:  Rogue FBI agents, gloating Ghouliani with the bad dentures, the possibility of Chaffetz and Comey being in bed figuratively together, and a GOP that is trying to undermine the will of the voters should Secretary Clinton be elected.  Not to mention Mr. "Lock Her Up!" possibly facing criminal charges himself in New Jersey now that two of his former aides have been convicted of conspiracy and fraud.

Meanwhile, Kellyanne is willing to prop a sociopathic rapist, racist, conman and dangerously unfit demagogue financially beholden to Russia and China.  Heffa, please.

• Love 14
22 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I also loved her for breaking the news on Kurt Eichenwald's Newsweek cover story about why Vlad the Impaler's Russia is really backing Drumpf.  He really is Putin's puppet.

And, was that haggard harridan, Kellyanne Conway, really talking to BriWi about the culture of corruption that surrounds Secretary Clinton?  Yeah, she's right.  Let's see:  Rogue FBI agents, gloating Ghouliani with the bad dentures, the possibility of Chaffetz and Comey being in bed figuratively together, and a GOP that is trying to undermine the will of the voters should Secretary Clinton be elected.  Not to mention Mr. "Lock Her Up!" possibly facing criminal charges himself in New Jersey now that two of his former aides have been convicted of conspiracy and fraud.

Meanwhile, Kellyanne is willing to prop a sociopathic rapist, racist, conman and dangerously unfit demagogue financially beholden to Russia and China.  Heffa, please.

I am completely baffled by the fact that Eichenwald's stories have gotten virtually NO ATTENTION from other news outlets.  If I didn't see these stories on Rachel's show, I would know nothing about them despite the fact that I spend an inordinate amount of time on news/political websites.

And Ghouliani (thank you for that nickname) has admitted on TV that the Trump campaign got a heads-up from the FBI about the latest email story.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Padma said:

I wonder if the rightwing Trump supporters leaking within the FBI are ideologically on board with the alt-right.

Of course they are, their nasty secret investigation of the Clinton Foundation was based on Breibart beloved Peter Schweizer's bullshit tome Clinton Cash.

I'm so damned stressed that I forgot why I came the thread, lol.  I'm ready to punch Kornacki in the face, I can't take his gloating shit anymore - it's pretty clear that he doesn't want Clinton to win.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

I second enjoying Ali Velshi.  I'm sensing some kind of after election shift coming with hosts--I wonder how they'll absorb all the "road warriors" who have been on camera daily.  On my program guide it's always listed just a generic MSNBC Live up until this week  suddenly the guide lists the hour's host.   I wonder if the rumors I've read of Matthews retiring after the election will happen or if the aftermath is so juicy he will want to keep involved.    I also thought Brian Williams show was supposed to go through the election--but they are on all next week so maybe he did well enough to continue. 

I wish they'd add a show at 8am instead of re-playing the first hour of Morning Joe.   

Happy to see that Chris Hayes and Joy will have some extra time between now and election day--those two both bring it every time they're on.

For people interested in Kurt Eichenwald--follow him on Twitter--he is always on top of whatever's happening.   He posts on a lot of breaking news stories.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NextIteration said:

Of course they are, their nasty secret investigation of the Clinton Foundation was based on Breibart beloved Peter Schweizer's bullshit tome Clinton Cash.

I'm so damned stressed that I forgot why I came the thread, lol.  I'm ready to punch Kornacki in the face, I can't take his gloating shit anymore - it's pretty clear that he doesn't want Clinton to win.

Kornacki and Nate Silver are nerdy numbers guys (both gay BTW) but they make me stabby with the way they report on this stuff. They don't want Orange Hitler to win but they love what they do too much to realize how much they are feeding into the anxiety on the left.

• Love 9

I thought they had that Melania-worked-here-illegally documentation months ago. Maybe it was finally vetted? Or maybe Melania was considered "off limit" until she actually joined the campaign?

Had MSNBC on this morning and I don't know which idiot Trump surrogate was on but for a while about all she said was "Saul Alinsky Hillary Saul Alinsky Satan Lucifer Lucifer Hillary...."

The moderator did a decent job trying to shut her up to the point of telling her numerous times to not put her glasses on to read from Rules for Radicals.

Moot point 'cuz her feed died! I thought maybe he had shut off her mic but he came back and said something about not knowing if it was an act of god or a gremlin or what but they lost her connection! I'm pretty sure I heard him chuckle.

In car, didn't see names and faces.

That was Thomas Roberts and some congresswoman from NC.  The way he chuckled when her feed died, I thought maybe he'd done something.  I truly hope it was an accident because even though the woman was annoying, I do believe in civility and it would have been rude of him to cut her off. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

The moderator did a decent job trying to shut her up to the point of telling her numerous times to not put her glasses on to read from Rules for Radicals.

Moot point 'cuz her feed died!

Best thing evah!  It was Renee Primaried Ellmers, the rumored mistress of Kevin McCarthy.

• Love 5

I'm starting to like Brian Williams better now than when he first came back.  I think his 11th Hour show is a better format for him than hosting the after debate shows. 

Padma, thanks for posting the link to that exchange.  I can't believe how much Halperin is in the tank for Trump.  He tries to pretend he's objective on WADR, but his love for Trump is pretty thinly disguised.   

• Love 2

I wish they'd let Chris Hayes sit at the grownups table for the big events like elections and debates.

Ali Velshi is hosting this afternoon, yay!   And he is arguing back with the Trump surrogate!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, SierraMist said:

I'm starting to like Brian Williams better now than when he first came back.  I think his 11th Hour show is a better format for him than hosting the after debate shows. 

I totally agree, he's better at chatting than anything else.  I've enjoyed the panels, though not the Pence or KAC interviews.  Nicolle has looked beautiful as well lately.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Chris Hayes is so cute.  "I'm not an anchor.  I know that's not Katy Perry.  I know that's Bon Jovi.  I don't just read what's on the prompter."  He was adorably put out.  Lol.

I hope they rerun that hour later.  I was out of town, and so grateful to be able to watch MSNBC all night -- they kept rerunning the evening shows all Friday night, not like other weekend nights when they go to Dateline. 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 1