Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Hey, we've all been there. 

I did it once when I was kid......then looked at myself in the mirror and was like "WTF?"

Being a kid, you think you can "fix" it.  I took a jar of paste....yes, paste......and tried to paste my hair back.  Needless to say, it was NOT a good look. My parents were furious and from that moment on, I always had a pixie cut, until I was old enough to prove I could handle longer hair - LOL!  It took a little longer to prove that, because another time, after I tried pasting my hair back to my head, I used my mom's Dippity-Do and her brush hair rollers to try and curl my hair.  I used so much Dippity-Do, the curlers had to be CUT OFF MY HEAD.

All I can say is, I was an only child.  A curious, only child!

Oy, to be young and that stupid.  Seems like nothing compared to now, does it?

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Hubs is officially laid off. Unemployment site is still down. All bars and restaurants have to close as of today. Some are offering to-go options. All tourist attractions are closed. I have a cold but no other symptoms so I'm not worried. Part of me is glad that K, my hubs, is not at the hotel and at risk of getting sick, but I am desperately worried about money. I turn 52 tomorrow and maybe I'll ask him to mop the floor in his underpants for my birthday.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

I did it once when I was kid......then looked at myself in the mirror and was like "WTF?"

Being a kid, you think you can "fix" it.  I took a jar of paste....yes, paste......and tried to paste my hair back.  Needless to say, it was NOT a good look. My parents were furious and from that moment on, I always had a pixie cut, until I was old enough to prove I could handle longer hair - LOL!  It took a little longer to prove that, because another time, after I tried pasting my hair back to my head, I used my mom's Dippity-Do and her brush hair rollers to try and curl my hair.  I used so much Dippity-Do, the curlers had to be CUT OFF MY HEAD.

All I can say is, I was an only child.  A curious, only child!

Oy, to be young and that stupid.  Seems like nothing compared to now, does it?

No, it does not. I was also an only child (third gen, my son is fourth) I remember trying to dye our white cocker poo purple. My dad said if I ever did anything like that again he would dye ME purple.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just got a text message that California is the latest state to be on "stay at home orders" by the Governor.

PA closed down non-essential businesses.  Did not do a stay at home order, I don't think.

Everyone, be safe. 

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Just got a text message that California is the latest state to be on "stay at home orders" by the Governor.

PA closed down non-essential businesses.  Did not do a stay at home order, I don't think.

Everyone, be safe. 

California Dreamin' … 

Work in Skypeland is becoming the new normal …

giphy.gif

Thing1 and I delivered school meals with extra apples from the corner vendor this morning. Then stopped at a prop store to pick up bottles of polymer grain for 3D printing. He and Thing1 met up with a group of other bored engineering students to print face masks for local nursing homes and hospitals. There's open source design files available online, and they need something productive to do.

My parent's are working hard at the orchard. They've been setting up bee hives, and checking the trees daily. It's hilarious to imagine of my rancher father walking around in beekeeper suit and netted hat. Locally there aren't any coronavirus diagnosis, but plenty of people with colds/flu. 

Another project for Mr.Stunt has been put on hold until October, and he'll have to start laying off employees by the end of March. He's gutted.

Neighbors laid off early this week are working at a wholesale food distributor driving forklifts. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10

Then there's the side effects of the virus.

My oldest brother died yesterday.  He had a fainting spell on Monday, went to the hospital and they discovered he'd had a heart attack sometime in the past 6 months that he hadn't been aware of, but it damaged his heart.  Plus, major artery blockage.  He and his wife retired to Arkansas to be near their oldest son and his family who works down there.  It's a nice town, on the small side with a decent little hospital.  My brother has had some major health issues over the last 15 years that against all odds, he survived.  For those, he went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston - that place can be miraculous and was, in his case.

But at the hospital where they live, the heart surgeon was away, quarantined in Colorado because he'd been exposed to the virus.  Another was coming from Bentonville - which has excellent care since it's the headquarters of Walmart and (Tyson Chicken Inc. who my nephew works for).  Before that doctor could get there my brother had another major heart attack and that was it.

My brother was a .... tumultuous man, shall we say?  But he became a nicer person after his own health crisises, more thoughtful and kind and he mellowed tremendously.  He had/has the most wonderful wife and three great sons and delightful granddaughters.  

There won't be a funeral because nobody can gather together.  My nephews are thinking of trying, at some later point, of having some sort of virtual, online Skype type wake, something to bring everyone together online since we can't gather in person but I don't know.... We're a gathering kind of clan......

We are living in "interesting times".

(((boes)))

Lord be with us, and hear our prayers.

Christ the eternal, give rest to the soul of boes brother. In Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all, pardon his sins for no one lives and sins not, You are the Resurrection and the Life. Bring repose and guide boes family in their grief. To You we proclaim Your glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

(((boes)))

Lord be with us, and hear our prayers.

Christ the eternal, give rest to the soul of boes brother. In Your Kingdom, where there is no pain, sorrow or suffering. In Your goodness and love for all, pardon his sins for no one lives and sins not, You are the Resurrection and the Life. Bring repose and guide boes family in their grief. To You we proclaim Your glory with Your Eternal Father and Your All-holy Spirit; both now and forever and to the ages of ages. Amen

Amen

• Love 7
5 hours ago, boes said:

Then there's the side effects of the virus.

My oldest brother died yesterday.  He had a fainting spell on Monday, went to the hospital and they discovered he'd had a heart attack sometime in the past 6 months that he hadn't been aware of, but it damaged his heart.  Plus, major artery blockage.  He and his wife retired to Arkansas to be near their oldest son and his family who works down there.  It's a nice town, on the small side with a decent little hospital.  My brother has had some major health issues over the last 15 years that against all odds, he survived.  For those, he went to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston - that place can be miraculous and was, in his case.

But at the hospital where they live, the heart surgeon was away, quarantined in Colorado because he'd been exposed to the virus.  Another was coming from Bentonville - which has excellent care since it's the headquarters of Walmart and (Tyson Chicken Inc. who my nephew works for).  Before that doctor could get there my brother had another major heart attack and that was it.

My brother was a .... tumultuous man, shall we say?  But he became a nicer person after his own health crisises, more thoughtful and kind and he mellowed tremendously.  He had/has the most wonderful wife and three great sons and delightful granddaughters.  

There won't be a funeral because nobody can gather together.  My nephews are thinking of trying, at some later point, of having some sort of virtual, online Skype type wake, something to bring everyone together online since we can't gather in person but I don't know.... We're a gathering kind of clan......

We are living in "interesting times".

I am so sorry to hear this.  Much love to you and your family. 

• Love 9

I have to bring Steve to the vet later this afternoon for his re-evaluation. And then tomorrow I have my dental course all day. I'm actually confused right now about the teeth in the child's mouth so I can't wait to go in and clear that up. 

I found out the physio clinic is shutting down for at least two weeks starting next week. Crazy times. 

• Love 9

It's been a day and it's not over ...

The in-laws and Bea made a run for the mainland this morning. Mr. Stunt waited outside the Taxi Stand 5 hours for them to go through screening in order to leave LAX. The in-laws are tucked in at home, and Bea is resting with us for the day and driving home in a rental tomorrow morning. 

The 3D Printers delivered their first batch of face masks to Good Samaritan and VA hospital. They have enough poly to work flat out until Monday. 

Our neighbor that owns a commercial sewing company is making washable face masks, keeping 138 seamstresses, 20 cutters, 15 material handlers at work.

Corporate reindeer games prance on, but our division commercial sales are up 6% … Screw you guys. Show me your profits in the time of coronavirus.

I picked up sacks of oranges for the volunteer delivery group to pass on to the students … I wonder what these kids do over the weekend for breakfast/lunch.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I cleaned the laundry room. Melvin was amused someone was up to hang out with. He's a little confused why there are so many people around the house again, but all the skritches and petting make up for it.

• Love 12

coronavirus_surge_shutterstock_155649093

Ethical dilemmas in the age of coronavirus: Whose lives should we save? -- We usually leave these questions of to insurance company policy writers/"death panels."

The Coronavirus stimulus plan

As virus grips nation, advocates move to halt evictions -- It turns out, the vast majority of renters will not be covered by the protections. That’s because the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s plan only covers single-family homes with loans through the Federal Housing Administration — roughly 8 million homeowners, most of whom are not under foreclosure, according to HUD.

Here's what you can expect to get from the government coronavirus relief

Here's what the Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee expected to get from dumping $1.7 Million of stock after reassuring the public about coronavirus preparedness -- Intelligence Chair Richard Burr’s selloff came around the time he was receiving daily briefings on the health threat.

Here's What Sen. Kelly Loeffler Expected to Receive When Dumping Millions in Stock After Coronavirus Briefing

Here's why an elected official using information from their work is illegal, a breach of their oath of office and breaking the public trust

Presidential briefing on the coronavirus at the White House Friday, March 20, 2020.

'I Have Bills I Have to Pay.' Low-Wage Workers Face Brunt of Coronavirus Crisis

MSN State-by-state coronavirus news and COVID-19 Global Tracker

Lining up to the open trough -- Elizabeth Warren has a list of demands for companies bailed out by Washington

3ac6dfe5b95a48c27d9db6398d6bd296

US seeks $3 billion to boost oil producers as prices plunge

U.S. oil plunges to 18-year low as lockdowns trigger market meltdown

U.S. shale producers cut executive pay as oil prices crash

Calls for U.S. farm debt, loan relief grows as coronavirus spreads

The tech execs who don't agree with 'soul-stealing' coronavirus safety measures -- ‘If we wish to maintain our productivity, we need to continue working in [our] offices,’ one CEO told his staff in an email -- Translation: Our profits supersede the worker's health and welfare during a pandemic.

A Coronavirus Explosion Was Expected in Japan. Where Is It? -- Two months after its first case, Japan hasn’t seen virus surge. Infections well below G-7 members such as the U.S. and Germany

Exclusive: Ferrari and Fiat look at helping Italy make ventilators in coronavirus crisis

Potential coronavirus treatment touted by Administration already in shortage, pharmacists say -- The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), which maintains a list of drug shortages

• Love 8

I'm just going to take a break from all of the sadness and terrible news and scary times to wish @jpagan05 a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I turned 52 in December, another baby born in the winter after the Summer of Love.  Take a break from the worries and enjoy your day!

Today is also the International Day of Happiness!  Let's all try to be grateful for any happiness we can find in this mess.  

Birthday kitty.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Happy birthday @jpagan05! I hope you had a lovely day.

Steve gained three grams which is good. The vet did another nasal flush and told me to do them at home two to three times a week. We took another nasal culture and he will call me next week with the results.

My cousin asked if I could take in her pet mouse. Her name is Zappa and she is already a year and a half so realistically speaking we’re not sure much time she has left. Apparently my cousin’s new landlord won’t let her keep Zappa. I said sure. It will be nice to actually be able to pet a living creature since Steve won’t let me pet him, heh.

I was informed the physio place will be closing for at least two weeks starting next week. It looks like I won’t be working for awhile...

• Love 5

Thanks, Preverts, one and all for your kind and thoughtful wishes.  I really appreciate it.

But that's the kind of people you are and once again I'm reminded of how incredibly lucky I was to find this community.

Love to you all.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, boes said:

Thanks, Preverts, one and all for your kind and thoughtful wishes.  I really appreciate it.

But that's the kind of people you are and once again I'm reminded of how incredibly lucky I was to find this community.

Love to you all.

I'm with you bro. This community has got me through a lot of stuff. 

• Love 10

Because of the state lockdown (no one exactly knows the penalties or how they are being enforced), Mr. Stunt hitched a ride for Bea on a produce truck (associated with the corner vendor I buy fruit from; food transport is essential work -- They left at 2AM) driving to San Francisco with a load. Brother-in-law Stunt picked her up in SF, and drove Bea the rest of the way home. Both are safe and sound and exhausted; poured into the capable hands of my parents.

The 3D Printers come home for showers, meals, supplies and back to their mission making masks. Thing2 had to be reminded to complete his classwork and study for his online finals to graduate this spring. 

Mr. Stunt is working on an advertising presentation, and I'm dragging my heels cleaning kitchen cupboards. 

• Love 10

Cul-boywindow-465870291.jpg

What's a ‘Shelter in Place’ Order, and Who’s Affected? -- The spreading coronavirus prompts public officials in several states and cities to order residents to stay inside, except for “essential” business.

Self-isolation, quarantine and California's stay-at-home order: What the terms mean and how they differ

Denial Is the Only Thing We’re Prepared For -- A major, worldwide pandemic is finally here. Luckily, we Americans have been training for this moment for our entire lives.

The Doctor Who Helped Defeat Smallpox Explains What's Coming -- Epidemiologist Larry Brilliant, who warned of pandemic in 2006, says we can beat the novel coronavirus, but first, we need lots more testing.

Coronavirus Outbreak: A Cascade of Warnings, Heard but Unheeded

GettyImages_1207749077.0.jpg

Why we’re not overreacting to the coronavirus, in one chart -- Italy tried to stem its outbreak, belatedly. We’re on the same course.

U.S. intelligence reports from January and February warned about a likely pandemic

How Spain’s coronavirus outbreak got so bad so fast and how Spaniards are trying to cope -- After a slow response from the government and the public, Spaniards now say “I will resist.” 

Coronavirus Stimulus Package Spurs a Lobbying Gold Rush -- Free Money!

Airlines are asking the US government for a $50 billion bailout. -- Should they get it? Labor unions and some lawmakers are calling for strict bailout conditions to hold airlines accountable for federal money. -- Explain where all the profits went that they raked in for the last 10 years.

Tucker Carlson demands a Republican senator either explain his stock sell-off or resign -- “There is no greater moral crime than betraying your country in a time of crisis.” -- When Tucker Carlson unleashes his ethics, you know you're in trouble.

Sen. Burr defends stock sales as fellow Republicans call for investigation -- Convince us, Sen. Burr.

Senators allegedly dumping stock as the market tanks is why some people think senators shouldn’t own stock -- As the economy slides toward a recession, some senators have already sold their stocks.

This charity is giving cash directly to Americans suffering during the coronavirus crisis -- GiveDirectly gives people money. Now it’s doing it for the coronavirus.

covid-wedding-1.jpg

Coronavirus hits wedding industry

I live in the first US city ordered to “shelter in place.” Here’s what it’s like.

How to make sure everyone can vote during the coronavirus pandemic -- Voting by mail is a crucial reform, but the details of how you implement it are very important.

Here’s how your coronavirus rescue check from the government could be taxed

Why lifesaving ventilators will be in short supply for the foreseeable future -- It’s not as easy as just asking a bunch of factories to pump out these complicated machines.

Coronavirus in N.Y.: ‘Deluge’ of Cases Begins Hitting Hospitals

NYC Hospitals set up coronavirus tents, seek emergency credit and $100 billion in US aid as they face onslaught of cases -- U.S. hospitals are lobbying Washington for a $100 billion stabilization fund to help ramp up capacity and buy necessary supplies. At Mount Sinai Health System’s Morningside hospital in New York City, the number of coronavirus patients at the 500-bed facility doubled in two days this week. New York-Presbyterian Hospital warned its debt holders this week that the financial toll of its emergency response will be steep.

How Mrs. Meyer’s took over the hand soap aisle -- Hand soap has taken a more prominent position in all of our lives, but Mrs. Meyer’s has been popular for years.

How soap kills the coronavirus -- Plain old soap and water absolutely annihilate coronavirus.

1287981.jpg

How artist Edward Hopper became the poster boy of quarantine culture -- The 20th-century American artist, known for his scenes of derelict urban life and social alienation, is going viral

Soothe Yourself With These Zoo Livestreams

Welcome the Berliner Philharmoniker into your home – on your TV, computer, tablet or smartphone. -- The Digital Concert Hall now free for everyone while the Philharmoniker is closed.

6T2MBFLQN7HWH5APAYYQISZ2G4.jpg

There’s a Secret Zoom Filter to Make You Look Better on Video Calls

Why rich people use so much more energy --  It’s mainly all the traveling, says a comprehensive new study. -- Conspicuous consumption in all things.

Los Angeles Prosecutors Take First Step to Extradite Harvey Weinstein

Singer, actor, ‘The Gambler’: Kenny Rogers dies at 81

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

DfrPjGeYB6dJMaFymavmtEZoF63iubECrVozX1x-

The 9 most important unanswered questions about Covid-19 -- Is reinfection possible? Will it be seasonal? How prevalent is it really? These are some of the top questions on researchers’ minds.

AMA head: Lack of protective gear for health care workers is 'unacceptable' -- “We need to see masks on their faces, gowns on their body,” Dr. Patrice Harris told NBC News in her first interview since coronavirus outbreak.

'This system is doomed': Doctors, nurses sound off in NBC News coronavirus survey -- More than 250 health care workers responded to a social media survey seeking first-person accounts from those on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.

WHO officials warn health systems are ‘collapsing’ under coronavirus: ‘This isn’t just a bad flu season’ -- World Health Organization officials warned Friday against dismissing the coronavirus that’s swept across the globe as just a bad outbreak of the flu. Mike Ryan, executive director of the World Health Organization’s emergencies program, said the virus has overwhelmed health systems around the world. Last week, the WHO declared that Europe had become the new epicenter of the outbreak, which began in Wuhan, China in December.

Remember where you are. This is Thunderdome, and death is watching …  A bloody battle or a long war? The ethical dilemma of tackling coronavirus -- Francois Balloux, a computational epidemiologist who worked on an influential new coronavirus model, on the trade-offs that have to be made.

Ethical issues in pandemic influenza planning

Ethicists agree on who gets treated first when hospitals are overwhelmed by coronavirus

During the Covid-19 pandemic, nowhere is safe for homeless people -- The coronavirus crisis poses a new threat to those who have poor access to food, shelter, and basic hygiene.

How the Administration has responded to coronavirus outbreak

Administration confronts a growing coronavirus threat within -- As they scramble to address the spiraling health and economic crises, federal officials face a mounting challenge inside their own workforce.

Stupid is as stupid does -- Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska) dismisses 'beer virus,' tells seniors to 'go forth with everyday activities'

Americans continue to stockpile supplies as coronavirus fear spreads

The upcoming job losses will be unlike anything the US has ever seen -- The coronavirus crisis is likely to result in layoffs on a scale that the U.S. has never seen before. Economists expect April to be the first reporting month when the damage starts to show up. Forecasts for that month range from 500,000 to 5 million. The worst month during the financial crisis saw nonfarm payrolls decrease by 800,000. Weekly jobless claims numbers are expected to be so bad that the White House has reportedly asked state officials to delay releasing precise counts.

Exclusive: Goldman warns clients about a rise in hostile takeovers amid coronavirus market meltdown -- The stock market drop means opportunities for corporate raiders.

2O5HDVS2FYI6VDX5B6IEXXMAK4.jpg&w=1440

The inside story of the CPAC scare: When the coronavirus passed within a handshake of the president, no public health agency took charge

Pressure is growing to allow members of Congress to vote remotely amid coronavirus concerns -- Rep. Katie Porter is leading the charge to set aside centuries-old rules governing congressional business.

‘Virus at Iran’s gates’: How Tehran failed to halt outbreak

Florida won’t close its beaches. Here’s exactly what DeSantis said about that.

19 Care facilities have suspected coronavirus infections, Florida official

Covid-19 could mean extinction for many charities

Coronavirus gathering bans raise religious freedom questions

Search for Coronavirus Vaccine Becomes a Global Competition

Coronavirus Test Availability -- Celebrities, politicians and professional athletes faced a backlash this week as many revealed that they had been tested for the coronavirus, even when they didn’t have a fever or other tell-tale symptoms.

News organizations drop paywall for coronavirus information

Tax Day is now July 15. Here’s what that means. -- Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says that the filing deadline has been pushed back, but that doesn’t mean you should wait.

When you Needed it Most. . .ESPN8: The Ocho Returns on ESPN2, Sunday, March 22

Livestream This: CGI and 3D Arts Festival QUARANTIN3D

Celebrities, This is Not What We Need From You Right Now

Tired of ‘Into the Wild’ rescues, locals want bus removed

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

Thanks for the bday wishes! You guys are the best.

Andaz is closing as of Thursday for 30-60 days. I don't know why I'm surprised but somehow it is shocking. A couple of young friends of mine (early 30s) are really sick. So sick they can barely take care of themselves. I don't think it's the virus but probably the flu which has turned to pneumonia. I've been cooking and leaving food for them but I am really worried. My little consignment store closed yesterday, so no work for me either. I do their visual merchandising and social media. Boss said I can keep posting intermittently so I think I will post funny, stupid stuff for escapism. 

I host a Paddy's dinner every year, usually not on Paddy's because of conflicting schedules. My sick friends and boss and kids are my usual guests. Same for Friendsgiving. It was suppose to be today so I'm going to cook my brisket and fixings and bring some to them. K and I made "boxed cake hack" chocolate cupcakes with ganache yesterday and they are yummy. I wish I could share with you. 

Saturdays are my weeks-worth-of-y and r-days. I wonder how many we have left? It would be fun if they showed classic episodes.

• Love 10

My little consignment store closed yesterday, so no work for me either. I do their visual merchandising and social media. Boss said I can keep posting intermittently so I think I will post funny, stupid stuff for escapism. 

My husband's model rail road store is closed to the public, online orders only. He goes in to handle the phones and receive incoming stock. The repair guys are there as well. Maybe they can get caught up for once. So grateful to still have a paycheck coming in.

• Love 10

Guys, I’m pissed. 

I got a text from my uncle today asking what am I doing? Why am I mingling with people? Do I not realize what is happening? How I am putting his father at risk by going to this course which isn’t essential?

I told him the course consists of 5 people including myself and we’re practicing social distancing and disinfecting everything. 

And isn’t he putting his father at risk just today by coming over with my cousin, especially since he is going to pharmacies and grocery stores?

He told me the difference is that is ESSENTIAL and what I am doing is NOT essential, just ask anyone. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Guys, I’m pissed. 

I got a text from my uncle today asking what am I doing? Why am I mingling with people? Do I not realize what is happening? How I am putting his father at risk by going to this course which isn’t essential?

I told him the course consists of 5 people including myself and we’re practicing social distancing and disinfecting everything. 

And isn’t he putting his father at risk just today by coming over with my cousin, especially since he is going to pharmacies and grocery stores?

He told me the difference is that is ESSENTIAL and what I am doing is NOT essential, just ask anyone. 

Some people are more toxic than any virus. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

• Love 11

This is sad. A woman in early 40s moved into the nursing home a week and half ago. She was recently diagnosed w frontal lobe dementia. I feel bad for all the residents who aren’t able to see family, go on social outings and because of the the news rules this week must eat every meal alone in their rooms. For some of these people they don’t have a lot of time left and are spending it in isolation. Most have been really kind and understanding about it. 

Thank the Lord I got the nursing home job when I did or I’d have no income and virtually everything is closed and/or not hiring. Illinois is in Stay in Place order aka a quarantine. 

I hope we squash the curve soon so at least some of the nursing home residents can do back to eating together in the dining room and socializing more. 

I work the front desk so handle the phones calls in and dispatch them, calls from residents for things, incoming and out going mail and stuff but since the virus got worse I’ve been helping in the kitchen prepare food trays and delivering them to rooms and it goes fast because even between meals I can prep items for the trays and wrap them like drinks, cookies fruit salad ect, scrub and sanitize trays, scrub the kitchen. 

• Love 10

Dear boes, I am so sorry for your loss. Start planning for a memorial service in the fall. It's not unusual to have one many moths later, and it gives people time to prepare. But I'm sure you know all of this.

• Love 11

Luckily I've been working from home all week. And it looks like I will be for at least a couple more weeks. I've been sick with a bad cold/flu that I got over and then got again. I'm hoping round two is the last of it and I can recover well before I get Covid-19.

• Love 4

BB11x0Ls.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Coronavirus tests American belief that the country can rise to meet any challenge

Physicians and bioethicists on a pressing question: Who lives, and who dies? -- Triage.

Can the Administration cancel the November election? -- No.

Italy, Pandemic’s New Epicenter, Has Lessons for the World

Why Italy? The factors behind a coronavirus disaster

The next Pandemic Fields -- Africa, Latin America fragile targets for coronavirus spread

Africa lockdowns begin as coronavirus cases above 1,000

30 Drugs in Short Supply in the US Right Now

The Administration keeps promoting an unproven coronavirus treatment, despite his experts’ advice -- The Administration promoted an unproven coronavirus treatment Saturday — but Dr. Anthony Fauci said much more research is needed.

What you need to know about hydroxychloroquine, promoted Holy Grail treatment for Covid-19 -- The Administration wants to use the anti-malaria drug to treat the new coronavirus, but the evidence is lacking. -- I get my quinine from Stoli and tonic, twist of lime

People moved here to escape big city drama. With coronavirus, that’s impossible. -- Wherever you go, there you are.

Judging the Economic Damage of the Pandemic: Economy Week Ahead

The coronavirus recession is already here -- We’re sacrificing parts of our economy for the sake of public health.

The fight over stock buybacks and corporate coronavirus bailouts, briefly explained -- The Administration supports limits on stock buybacks for companies getting federal coronavirus help, which legislators have advocated.

web1_20200319_web1_20090618-42-CTY-WORKE

The unprecedented tsunami of unemployment insurance claims, explained -- It’s very literally off the charts.

Here’s how you can help people who’ve lost jobs or housing in the wake of coronavirus -- From fighting xenophobia to rent assistance, these groups are offering support to vulnerable groups, and have advice for how you can help.

When coronavirus is behind us, will you still think of restaurant and bar workers? -- The pandemic has shown Americans that the millions of service industry employees are an economic force. But until this moment, did patrons and lawmakers ever really see us?

The many faces of health workers around the globe fighting coronavirus

FDA authorizes new test that could detect coronavirus in about 45 minutes

In hard-hit areas, testing restricted to health care workers, hospital patients

How to Clean and Disinfect Yourself, Your Home, and Your Stuff -- These are our in-depth best practices for keeping yourself (and just about everything else) clean and virus-free.

One would think the Queen of Clean, Martha Stewart, would have stepped up with rubber gloves and bleach solution recipes, but not yet. She does have loads of cleaning articles on her site. There's a cleaning clickbait button on top of the page, but her front page is all about magazine trending features. It's easier to shift the deckchairs, than to turn the Titanic.

7cede627-4c84-44b6-93b2-1122a0c9d727.jpg

Cultural events are being canceled amid the coronavirus. So what?

Tulips from Amsterdam? Not in times of coronavirus crisis

Africa’s mountain gorillas also at risk from coronavirus

Parents, police struggle to herd the young in virus outbreak

Business model churches feel the bite of quarantine -- As offerings dwindle, some churches fear for their future

An Olympic Showdown: The Rising Clamor to Postpone the Tokyo Summer Games

No, the world is not ending -- "But in all this separation, we are still connected by what our better angels are whispering. 

We'd truly have to go out of our way to be uncaring in these uncertain times.   For once, the road to kindness and compassion is actually the easier one.  

We can now see the plights of our neighbors, of the bus driver, or the cab driver, anyone who had been forgotten – all views that perhaps used to be obscured from the hustle and bustle of our lives before.  

For anyone wanting a re-set to get back to what matters most – the heart of the human condition – this may be that moment … a test to see if love really does conquer all.

No, the world is not ending. Instead, we just might be getting a new start."

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

No, the world is not ending -- "But in all this separation, we are still connected by what our better angels are whispering. 

We'd truly have to go out of our way to be uncaring in these uncertain times.   For once, the road to kindness and compassion is actually the easier one.  

We can now see the plights of our neighbors, of the bus driver, or the cab driver, anyone who had been forgotten – all views that perhaps used to be obscured from the hustle and bustle of our lives before.  

For anyone wanting a re-set to get back to what matters most – the heart of the human condition – this may be that moment … a test to see if love really does conquer all.

No, the world is not ending. Instead, we just might be getting a new start."

image.png.9423c6a1280e4f663b875668e32690ee.png

That.......that.......that.......!

All of it!

THAT!

(P.S. Thank you for posting this, @Cupid Stunt)

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Love 8

Members of my Quaker meeting house met at the North Hollywood Interfaith Food Pantry with donations and to pray. Our intention is to meet each Sunday at a different food shelf. 

Mr. Stunt helped me finish putting the dishes back in kitchen cupboards last night. We took down all the blinds, washed windows and the blinds today. Mr. Stunt made the PVC washer for me a few years ago. They're drying on the patio. Melvin is not amused with the household upheaval, and is sulking behind the davenport, worrying his collection of pens, crumpled cellophane and foil.

The 3D Printers made a delivery of masks to nursing homes in East LA and Huntington Park today. Thing1 and 2 are back for real beds and hot meals. Mr. Stunt found more poly grains, but they won't be delivered until Tuesday.

The Stunt family property management is halting all rent collections (commercial and residential) until June. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

@Snaporaz The ashwagandha is giving me crazy dreams. I'm normally a light sleeper and vivid dreamer but I can't tell that I'm asleep like I normally can. Last night I had a dream that I was playing an ukulele with one broken string. I was flawless. No, I don't play ukulele. The night before it was about a batch of fully-formed tiny cats. A vet was picking them up with tweezers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Oh no!  Sorry, @jpagan05!  It's never had that effect on me.  I'm not taking it now, but I was going to start again because of all of this heightened anxiety.  The other night, I dreamt that I was lying in bed awake stressing out, but I had to have been asleep because the time flew by.

• Love 3