Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

(edited)

coronavirus-hong-kong-750x400.jpg

Coronavirus Task Force Briefing -- April 3, 2020

CDC recommends people wear cloth masks in public, but the Administration says they won't -- “The CDC is not recommending the use of medical grade or surgical grade masks," President Donald Trump said, noting they need to be saved for medical professionals. <cough>

The Streetwear Face Mask Market Is Booming -- Need a mask? Yesterday's corny hypebeast trend is today’s going-outside essential, and prices are skyrocketing on fashion resale sites.

Jared Kushner takes charge of coronavirus response at FEMA, to include manufacturing, supplies and long-term planning. <cough> With expected results. Related: The Administration tries to narrow stockpile’s role for states

Inside efforts to rescue the Administration's coronavirus response -- Related: The Administration edits national stockpile website a day after it contradicted new FEMA spokesperson

Despite push to expand testing, US struggles to keep up with outbreak

Why U.S. hospitals see promise in plasma from new coronavirus patients

Exclusive: Navy probe to decide future of fired U.S. carrier commander

How the coronavirus job cuts played out by sector and demographics

AA94rgx.img?h=555&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Payrolls fell by 701,000 in March, first jobs decline since 2010

This Brooklyn Landlord Just Canceled Rent for Hundreds of Tenants

Questions about the coronavirus economic crisis you were too embarrassed to ask -- From how to think about the stock market to what to do if you lose your job, here’s what you need to know about coronavirus and the economy.

U.S. dairy farmers dump milk as pandemic upends food markets

Oil majors rush to raise billions in debt as crude prices sink

Oil crash poses severe test for OPEC+ after Moscow, Riyadh miscalculate

Exclusive: Hackers linked to Iran target WHO staff emails during coronavirus - sources

Inside the coronavirus testing failure: Alarm and dismay among the scientists who sought to help

Some cities see jumps in domestic violence during the pandemic

Why I Am Not Leaving New York

SPING-BREAKERS-1024x576.jpg

More than 40 spring breakers who ignored public health advice test positive for coronavirus -- Well worth the sunburn and hangover.

At least 70 people infected with coronavirus linked to a single church in California, health officials say

Hospital ship USNS Comfort changes criteria for accepting non-coronavirus patients -- The updated guidelines say that an asymptomatic patient does not need to have a negative coronavirus test. They will be isolated and tested on the ship -- Well, at least they're putting together a plan that involves treating patients.

Spain’s Coronavirus Cases Rise to 124,736, Surpassing Italy

Trump Organization has laid off about 1,500 employees as pandemic hits business

Mexico stops brewing Corona beer, deemed non-essential in epidemic

Colorado AG steps in after Hobby Lobby defies COVID-19 stay-at-home order

Everything to Know About the FlyLady Cleaning Method -- Find out why Pinterest users are obsessed with this clever cleaning schedule. -- 20+ years later.

Jan-12-20-golf-course-generic.jpg?crop=3

Three Massachusetts golfers arrested for violating Rhode Island quarantine order

How Christian Siriano Turned His Fashion House Into a Mask Factory

Tone-deaf or tuned-in? Coronavirus epidemic proves a minefield for celebs -- It's all about me!

The shows must go on!: Lloyd Webber musicals to be aired for free -- Due a lack of popular demand ...

B-Real, Santana & Snoop Dogg’s Covid-Proof Side Hustle? Selling Marijuana

Loretta Lynn Pens Book About 'Big Sister' Patsy Cline, Talks Quarantined Life: 'Damnedest Thing I Ever Seen'

Updated Livestreams & Virtual Concerts to Watch During Coronavirus Crisis

What I'm really watching -- It's not all classy arthouse and the best new releases

Bill Withers, 'Lean On Me' and 'Lovely Day' singer, has died at 81

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

I've heard of that.  I'm digging out my sewing machine to see if I remember how to use it   😉  I've been sewing since I was 10 (my Aunt Glyna was a seamstress) just haven't touched it in about 10-15 yrs.  I have fabric out the waz so I'm going to try my hand at some masks.

I noticed during my brief stay last week I only saw a few folks at the hospital in masks.  None of the DRs, nurses, techs, cleaning staff wore masks around me yet hubby wasn't allowed past the lobby.  No visitors, he couldn't come up to get me and they take everybody's temp when you come in the lobby door.  I went to my local hospital first where I had my endoscopy before but they are reassigning surgeries to certain hospitals now in prep for the coming wave so I had to be transferred down to Dayton to a major hospital.  No fun but luckily I didn't need one after all.  I am postponing my annual stuff for a while till this passes.  I just turned 69 so I ain't no spring chicken and I want the least exposure possible.  Hubby has to work with the public and there are dumb asses coming in coughing, not covering their mouths, still saying this is all a hoax or overblown.  The guys put a row of cases of anti-freeze right in front of the counter so folks wouldn't walk right up but some guys just move them out of the way, come right up and lean on the counter!!!  He'll probably end up bringing it home anyway.  😟

It's a no win situation. 

What a harrowing experience you had.  Being moved to a different hospital away from home must have been a scary moment for you.  I'm so glad you were able to avoid the worst and get home.

Those customers your husband has to work with.......sigh.......I don't even know what to say about jackasses like that.  Or, I do know what to say but this is a public forum and I really shouldn't.

Stay as safe as you can, both you and hubby, in this "interesting" time.

• Love 12
20 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

Thanks boes.  Taking it day to day.

Just thought of this:

"Six feet apart...not 6 feet under"

Somebody make the T-shirts and send me my royalties.....

That's...that's...BRILLIANT!

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Thanks again everyone for the second, and bigger, round of birthday wishes. I'm able to enjoy them now better than I was 3 days after I was laid off and lost my health coverage. 

As far as masks go, I've just been wearing a bandana train-robber style. I'm going to try the folded bandana with elastic hair ties. It just looks like a lot of fabric to try to get air through. I'm going to have to come up with something lighter weight as it gets warmer out. But probably not with panty liners. haha

The national stockpile hasn't been managed well. CA got broken ventilators and Alabama got dry rotted face masks.

I found out a few more people I know in NYC who have been healing at home from c19 and are on the mend. Good news!

• Love 12
(edited)

This is pretty funny. It's on fb. I looked for it on the regular web but didn't see it anywhere else. If you can see this - enjoy!

It's 5 mins long, so be prepared, but what else are we gonna do. It's sort of a one of those home video shows about what people are doing in quarantine.

Edited by SweePea59
  • LOL 10
10 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

This is really funny. It's on fb. I looked for it on the regular web but didn't see it anywhere else. If you can see this - enjoy!

Thank you, SweePea! I haven't laughed that hard in a week!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

This is pretty funny. It's on fb. I looked for it on the regular web but didn't see it anywhere else. If you can see this - enjoy!

It's 5 mins long, so be prepared, but what else are we gonna do. It's sort of a one of those home video shows about what people are doing in quarantine.

That was great!  Thanks for posting it!

• Love 7
(edited)

"Six feet apart...not 6 feet under"  -- OhioSongbird

621571-gettyimages-638088014.jpg

Super Pink Moon: The Biggest and Brightest Supermoon of the Year

Coronavirus Task Force Briefing -- April 4, 2020

New York reels as 630 die in a single day -- The disease has now killed 3,565 people in New York and the situation is particularly worrying on Long Island, east of New York City, where the number of cases “is like a fire spreading,” Gov. Cuomo told a news conference.

New York is in dire need of ventilators. China just donated 1,000. -- After the Administration couldn’t assure New York the federal government would send ventilators, China sent a supply.

Supplies could be delayed due to confusion from the Administration, companies say

3M Co. pushes back against a request from the Administration to halt exports of protective face masks -- Related: Ford and GM are undertaking a warlike effort to produce ventilators. It may fall short and come too late

The Debate Over Masks Uncovers Deep Administration Divisions

Hospital ship USNS Comfort changes criteria for accepting non-coronavirus patients -- The updated guidelines say that an asymptomatic patient does not need to have a negative coronavirus test. They will be isolated and tested on the ship.

The first medical reports are in, but there’s no silver bullet for coronavirus infection yet. -- Which Covid-19 drugs work best?

Exclusive: Pressed by the Administration, U.S. pushed unproven coronavirus treatment guidance

Secure borders -- 430,000 People Have Traveled From China to U.S. Since Coronavirus Surfaced

?m=02&d=20200403&t=2&i=1512064094&r=LYNX

Job opening -- The watchdogs overseeing the $2.3 trillion U.S. bailout

Georgia Senator Sold Travel Shares Ahead of Trump Flight Ban

Senators urge formal probe of Navy carrier commander's firing over coronavirus plea

It’s Hardly Shocking the Navy Fired a Commander for Warning of Coronavirus Threat. It’s Part of a Pattern. -- In dismissing the commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt, the Navy once again punished the messenger, a frontline leader brave enough to tell the unvarnished truth to superiors about a threat to his sailors.

The inspector general at the Department of Justice, defended Atkinson and vowed on Saturday to continue to conduct “aggressive” independent oversight of government programs.

Some cash-strapped states turn to election security funds to fight COVID-19 -- The states include political battlegrounds of Pennsylvania and Ohio. -- Related: Virus hot spots in South poised for disproportionate suffering -- With equipment shortages coast to coast, local officials are left begging residents to stay indoors.

U.S. Postal Service could shut down by June without more funding, lawmakers warn

BB11lU5d.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Amid coronavirus pandemic, some churches defy orders while others adapt

Why these 8 Republican governors are holding out on statewide stay-at-home orders

Some Georgia beaches will reopen this weekend following an executive order issued by Gov. Brian Kemp that overrode local shelter-in-place mandates from a number of cities.

Breakingviews Column -- Corona Capital: Corporate debt

Saudi-Russia War of Words Delays Oil-Truce Talks

Mexican tequila makers, unlike brewers, plan to keep up production, exports

?m=02&d=20200403&t=2&i=1512083286&r=LYNX

An agricultural worker cleans carrot crops of weeds amid an outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at a farm near Arvin, California, U.S., April 3, 2020. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Coronavirus upends global food supply chains in latest economic shock

This nurse demonstrates just how fast germs spread even if you're wearing gloves

Most people recover from Covid-19. Here's why it's hard to pinpoint exactly how many

'Normal' will look completely different when this is all over

One Pink Tax Falls -- Washington State law halts taxing menstrual products

A gender reveal party ignited a 10-acre brush fire in Florida, fire officials say -- I don't understand why these parties involve explosives.

Thousands of Zoom video calls left exposed on open Web

New York City schools won't be using Zoom anymore because of security concerns

GS23GQ7EMFCGVIWVAIDHCPFZQE.jpg

Sergio Rossi, 'master' Italian shoe designer, dies of coronavirus complications at 84

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Except for the birth of another grandchild in January, 2020 has been a shitstorm. 
My very much younger BIL, a bright, sweet, funny man, died suddenly due to post op complications from his quintuple by pass ( bad family history )surgery two weeks ago. Hubby’s baby sister is completely and utterly devastated. We feel so helpless in these weird times. No interprovincial travel allowed and no funeral, no tight hugs and no sharing of love. Our family is stunned and shaken. I give up. 

Edited by PatsyandEddie

((PatsyandEddie))

The misery just keeps coming.  I feel for you and your family.  It's hard enough to lose someone so young, so suddenly and now we cannot even share our tears with each other in person.

They say God never gives us more than we can handle and He's surely testing us now.

Love and support to you and yours.  Stay strong and stay safe.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Except for the birth of another grandchild in January, 2020 has been a shitstorm. 
My very much younger BIL, a bright, sweet, funny man, died suddenly due to post op complications from his quintuple by pass ( bad family history )surgery two weeks ago. Hubby’s baby sister is completely and utterly devastated. We feel so helpless in these weird times. No interprovincial travel allowed and no funeral, no tight hugs and no sharing of love. Our family is stunned and shaken. I give up. 

I'm so very very sorry to hear that you're going through this.  His death is awful in itself - not being able to gather together and share the pain and the love feels like an unnecessary celestial slap in the middle of it all.

Even when we bear up under it all, it's still unbearable.  

Love to you and your family.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Oh, this upsets me for you......I am so sorry to learn you and your family are having deal with this loss at all, but especially now, at this time.   As others have said, it's hard enough to lose someone you love so much, but to then not be able to share your collective grief and give each other strength and love, it's is just too much! 

I'm sending love to you and your family.

• Love 11
(edited)

I have a quick survey if you choose to answer.  What part of the country/world are you posting from?  Some of you I know your area but just curious.  My location is obvious and I've been sharing your posts with hubby and telling him we're kinda global here with everybody's family spread everywhere.

Location, food supplies, health care availability, etc.....

This is the way my mind works....scary place sometimes.

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I'm in downtown west central Toronto, as most of you know.

The city is just short of total lockdown--and that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Police are authorized to ticket people in clumps and nearly all parks are closed. People are, of course, still behaving like idiots in some cases--a little tough to brunch when restaurants have been closed for over a week. The list of non-essential stores/services that can be open was tightened again yesterday. Pet stores, for example--you can call and pick up stuff, but they're not open as such. I guess it's good that all three levels of government are cooperating. I don't know at this point.

Health care? Who knows? A lot of services adveertise online, but, seriously, why would anyone go near a hospital if they didn't need to?

Standard activities like local street shopping--kind of frightening at the moment. Strongly advised not to do so unless dire necessity. So the online grocery shopping adventures will continue.

It's basically awful here, with numbers still climbing fast.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

I have a quick survey if you choose to answer.  What part of the country are you posting from?  Some of you I know your area but just curious.  My location is obvious and I've been sharing your posts with hubby and telling him we're kinda global here with everybody's family spread everywhere.

I'm in the Seattle area, Kirkland to be specific. Ground zero where LifeCare center is. Not too many shortages actually. TP was the main thing but CostCo has had it and we didn't ever run out. Fresh fish has been harder to find than usual. And it's so quiet. If I could see my son, I'd be rather enjoying it. Oh yeah, I'm worried sick about my dad.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

(((PatsyandEddie)))

Lord hear our prayer. God of all humankind, show mercy to Your servant, PastyandEddie's brother-in-law, now with you in death. Guide him to Your light, a place of renewed life, a place of joy, where there is no pain and sorrow. 

Gracious Father, comfort of the family of PatsyandEddie. Lead them through their grief to endure with faith, courage and wisdom. Grant that this trial may bring them closer to You. Blessed is Your name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I'm so sorry PatsyandEddie. What a rotten thing to happen. Congrats on new grandchild though. That's got to feel like a blessing in all this madness.

• Love 7

SF Bay Area, Concord to be exact.  Paper products have been in short supply since the second last week of February, but if you look around it can be found.  Stores seem to be either out of completely, or sparsely stocked on flour, sugar, yeast, hamburger, salted butter but not unsalted, fish is sparse as chicken can be though both get resupplied rather quickly.  

Otherwise we're either out of certain brands or types of thing but the general item itself is available.  Lots of fresh produce available.

Pet stores are, like in Perlite's area, open for pick up but the public can't browse.  Restaurants, at least some, are doing pick up or delivery.  People can walk for exercise but groups quickly get broken up and ticketed, parking lots at beaches and parks have been closed and I think that a lot of parks, dog parks are now being closed completely.   Gatherings are banned, churches included, but we're such a big bunch of lapsed everythings out here that's not much of an issue, at least in the Bay Area.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Pet stores are, like in Perlite's area, open for pick up but the public can't browse.  Restaurants, at least some, are doing pick up or delivery.  

I've been using Chewy for years. They are so great, especially now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

(((PatsyandEddie)))

Lord hear our prayer. God of all humankind, show mercy to Your servant, PastyandEddie's brother-in-law, now with you in death. Guide him to Your light, a place of renewed life, a place of joy, where there is no pain and sorrow. 

Gracious Father, comfort of the family of PatsyandEddie. Lead them through their grief to endure with faith, courage and wisdom. Grant that this trial may bring them closer to You. Blessed is Your name, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, now and forever. Amen.

Amen.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OhioSongbird said:

I have a quick survey if you choose to answer.  What part of the country/world are you posting from?  Some of you I know your area but just curious.  My location is obvious and I've been sharing your posts with hubby and telling him we're kinda global here with everybody's family spread everywhere.

We're in beautiful downtown Burbank, California. Thing 1&2 are studying at LA colleges and moved back home for the crisis, The Stunt in-laws are primarily located in Los Angeles. My immediate family is spread out through northern California (sister Bea and parents staying with her since her husband's death), Owens Valley (parent's ranch, two brothers and their families), youngest brother works for the state of Florida, with other relations in Nevada, Utah, New Mexico.

I'm working from home, with division offices and studios under restricted use and access to protect the bare-bones number of employees. Mr. Stunt's business offices are still open as an essential service, with restricted access.

Mr.Stunt went full prepper in February, even though the pantry was full and we had plenty of supplies in the house. He saw something in the response to coronavirus that alarmed him and he reacted accordingly.

Locally, food is plentiful, plenty of delivery service from restaurants, hardware stores, pharmacies, UPS/FedEx/Amazon/USPS. There are still random shortages; toilet paper still seems to be a valuable commodity. Gas prices are cheap, but no one is driving anywhere, which makes the city very quiet, and that is disturbing. The state has been in ever-tightening quarantine restrictions since mid-March.

LA is a coronavirus hotspot.

The City of Angels is populated by ghosts.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, crowsworks said:

pull out your melons and talk to          them.

Hey at least she lives in FLA and can but booze unlike PA

So funny and sooo accurate. I've got a Marie Callender chocolate pie thawing on the counter right now. Haven't started day drinking yet. Thanks crowsworks!

• Love 7

I'm in Columbia, MD, a suburb 20 minutes from Baltimore and 40 minutes from Washington, DC (if there's no traffic!).

Our state has become somewhat infamous for having a two-term, beloved Republican governor named Larry Hogan (and we are a very blue state) who has taken some of the swiftest and earliest action to protect us from COVID-19.  We had mandatory stay at home orders starting last week.  Since mid-March, though, he had repeatedly urged us to stay at home, limiting the number of people who could be in a given space.  When that didn't work, he systematically, and on a daily basis, started closing businesses down, all but essentials ones.  Restaurants can do carry out or delivery, grocers can be open, pharmacies, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.....all open, but with limited hours and somewhat limited #'s of people who can be in aisles or even in the total # of people who can be in a particular store.

Cleaning supplies, toilet paper, chicken, seems to be in short supply.  I was at the store this morning and there are no kleenex to be had, either.  I think I'm hitting it at the wrong time or something. Plenty of fresh vegetables, though, which is good.  If you want something, you usually can find it at the store I shop in, maybe just not the brand you're used to getting.  I shop at a store called Wegmans, a regional grocery store out of New York, and they've done an excellent job cleaning carts, disinfecting them for you, disinfecting the check out station after every customer and only letting one person at checkout at a time.  They've taped 6 foot increments where people can stand while waiting to be called to one of 20 check outs and they police it, too.  They've been doing this for at least 3 1/2 weeks.

I'll be making another trip this week, at some point, to Target.  My husband's over 60 and an insulin dependent diabetic, so I won't let him go out.  I'm 57 and in great health so I am fine going out.  However, it is nerve wracking and takes a lot of extra time, since everyone is trying to keep 6 feet away from everyone.  Today, when I got in my car after doing a 2 week grocery store buy, so I won't have to go out when the apex hits (maybe next week?) I started to cry.  I don't know why, it just hit me in a way it hasn't.   Maybe it was the stress of it all or maybe it's just this underlying anger I feel about how we got here, why we got here.   

I love Chewy and have used them for years.......my two cats appreciate their food being delivered every month from the vet. 

We'll get through this.  But I think we're going to be a very changed bunch of folks.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

We'll get through this.  But I think we're going to be a very changed bunch of folks.

Yes, we will be. I've been waking up with a splitting headache every morning because I've been grinding my teeth in my sleep. Our renter came over today to pay his rent and we stood on the front porch six feet apart and he put the envelope on my proffered piece of paper while covering his nose and mouth with his coat. Strange days indeed.

• Love 5

For all of you NPR listeners...our local affiliate WYSO in Yellow Springs has been asking for stay-at-home stories, songs, jokes etc and they play them randomly.  I've also heard a lot from all over the country so tune in and enjoy.  Some of the parodies are hilarious:  "I Gotta Wash My Hands"..."We Didn't Start the Virus"...a gospel group ala Blind Boys From Alabama "You Gotta Wash Your Hands"...Bob Marley, more.  So if you are moved to do so call your local NPR station and contribute.  Beautiful stuff.  Stories about working from home, having the kids (and hubby) at home 🙄, cooking to pass the time, gardening, everything. 

I called in a mid-tempo accapella blues...standard 1/4/5...pick your key:

I'm cookin'       I'm stayin' home

I'm cookin'       I'm stayin' home

Got my cookies in the oven

They're turnin' nice and brown

Got my movies at the ready

I'm 'bout to hunker down

I'm cooking       I'm stayin' home

I'm cookin'        I'm stayin' home

Well I'm cookin'       I'm stayin' home

Well I know that we'll be happy

When this thing is thru

But until that time, honey

What's a girl to do?

I'm cookin'    I'm stayin' home

Remember....mundane is good!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

You all may have seen this already, but these two have become rather popular in the past week.  They have a number of videos they've posted, which they began doing when they started their quarantine.  Their voices are beautiful, and since this happens to be a favorite song of mine, thought I'd post it here.  Enjoy!

• Love 8

My fellow pot smoking Preverts will appreciate this:

I got lucky. Last week my husband was working at my dad's house because, as you know, we're getting it ready to sell. When he took out some garbage he noticed a bag, neatly folded in the bottom of the garbage can. Curious, he picked it up. It was full of excellent bud and an expensive bubbler, some vape sticks and a really nice torch. All bundled up with coffee packages. We figure either some stoner kid hid it there for some reason or some kid's parents found it and knowing my dad's house is empty, put it in his garbage can, either way: SCORE!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

My fellow pot smoking Preverts will appreciate this:

I got lucky. Last week my husband was working at my dad's house because, as you know, we're getting it ready to sell. When he took out some garbage he noticed a bag, neatly folded in the bottom of the garbage can. Curious, he picked it up. It was full of excellent bud and an expensive bubbler, some vape sticks and a really nice torch. All bundled up with coffee packages. We figure either some stoner kid hid it there for some reason or some kid's parents found it and knowing my dad's house is empty, put it in his garbage can, either way: SCORE!

Now that's a spectacular find!  Whoever the patron saint of pot is, they're keeping watch over you.

All I 've found lately is a single kid's sock in  the driveway....

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, boes said:

Now that's a spectacular find!  Whoever the patron saint of pot is, they're keeping watch over you.

All I 've found lately is a single kid's sock in  the driveway....

It was funny because I had just run out and most of the weed stores around here are closed or on very limited hours and I was wondering what the heck I was going to do. When My husband came home he had this bag and he proceeded to tell me this really long, drawn out story about finding it and before he was finished I jumped up and went "Is it pot?" And he cracked up and said "Why, yes, yes it is."

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

I'm in NJ, near NYC. People are still hoarding. It's like a joke to think you can pick up normal stuff at the grocery store. And there are limits of 2 of each item, if you can even find 2. My drs are mostly in NY. I have an apt this week, but I am going to cancel because I'm too scared of the homeless and bad people hanging out in and around Penn Station, where my train line is. I think you must have read upthread about my experience going in two weeks ago. It's more than I can handle. I am very afraid that people will be reaching their breaking points all over. Suicides, addicts with no $ for their addictions, looting and crime... I just read that domestic abuse calls are up 25%, and I'm sure there are a lot, like kids, up but not being reported. Isolation is very hard for probably most people, even if they are comfortable. I am glad that we have social media to stay in touch, in a "community" as it were and to help from feeling so alone. The world is more unbelievable now than ever.

Edited by SweePea59
6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've been using Chewy for years. They are so great, especially now.

The first time I ordered from them I ordered everything - littler, cans, treats. And it all came in one big box so badly packed, (lots of empty space), that all of the cans in all of the cases were dented and all of the treats were crushed because the big heavy container of litter rolled around and destroyed everything. I was pissed and called them. They replaced that cans free of charge. I hadn't realized that the treats were all crushed so I didn't get those replaced. So apparently they hire people who are too stupid to pack a box. Now, the ONLY thing I will order from them is cat treats and hairball remedy, all lightweight items that don't destroy each other if packed badly.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, crowsworks said:

pull out your melons and talk to          them.

Before I watched the vid, I thought you meant boobs! haha! Thanks for that. Pretty close to reality, especially the meat section of the store.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

The first time I ordered from them I ordered everything - littler, cans, treats. And it all came in one big box so badly packed, (lots of empty space), that all of the cans in all of the cases were dented and all of the treats were crushed because the big heavy container of litter rolled around and destroyed everything. I was pissed and called them. They replaced that cans free of charge. I hadn't realized that the treats were all crushed so I didn't get those replaced. So apparently they hire people who are too stupid to pack a box. Now, the ONLY thing I will order from them is cat treats and hairball remedy, all lightweight items that don't destroy each other if packed badly.

I know what you mean - I had similar experiences when I first started using them.  I get a delivery of cat litter every 8 weeks.......6 boxes, as well as Litter Genie liners and hairball treats.  I tried to start remembering to split up my auto delivery into separate dates to avoid that.  I often forget to do this, and have since stopped splitting orders up because I noticed that for the last seven or 8 months now, I'll get several boxes instead of just one or two huge boxes, with everything thrown in.

Now, if I could just get the Fed-X guy to stop putting them up against the front door so I can't get out to retrieve the packages without going out my back and walking around, it would be ideal!!

Edited by lovemesomejoolery
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Remember....mundane is good!

Yes ma'am. 

Coronavirus Task Force Briefing -- April 5, 2020

800.jpeg

Tiger at NYC's Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus -- Nadia and the other big cats could have used a delivery from Chewy.

Premier infuriated by Trump, says Canada helped US amid 9/11 -- We're disgusted too, Prime Minister Trudeau.

Coronavirus death toll: Americans are almost certainly dying of covid-19 but being left out of the official count

Virus data: What’s known and not known about China’s numbers

'Surreal': NY funeral homes struggle as virus deaths surge

Coronavirus first ravaged parts of Washington state. Now there are signs of a change

Top administration officials said last year threat of pandemic kept them up at night

2000.jpeg

Africa faces an 'existential threat' as virus cases spread

The Administration is deploying 1,000 military personnel to New York City, warns coming week toughest yet in coronavirus fight -- It’s unclear exactly how and where the medical military personnel will be utilized in New York, the epicenter of the coronavirus pandemic in the U.S. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said earlier in the day the state has just seven days to prepare for coronavirus apex as it struggles to expand hospital capacity and access to medical equipment -- Related: Nevada Guard emphasizes activation is not `martial law’

U.S. ‘wasted’ months before preparing for virus pandemic

The Administration Favors Unproven Drug Combination Over Ventilators

Governors warn of dire ventilator shortages as virus pandemic rages. The Administration says some are playing 'politics'

Bank of America says 85,000 small businesses have asked for $22.2 billion in loans since 9 a.m. April 3, 2020 -- As of mid-afternoon Friday, among the largest U.S. lenders, only Bank of America and JPMorgan Chase were accepting applications for the program, which was supposed to go live shortly after midnight. The chaotic launch heightened fears among business owners that they could miss out on the historic program if lenders manage to disburse all $350 billion of the money. 

People living in vans and RVs are getting squeezed during pandemic

800.jpeg

Doctors, nurses leave homes to protect families from virus

California COVID-19 testing backlog cut by two-thirds

The daily terrors: Improvising in a makeshift ICU in Spain

Pope urges courage as global death toll tops 65,000

Palm Sunday services held without public; some on rooftops

Navy Captain Removed From Carrier Tests Positive for Covid-19 -- From the wrist that turns the screw --  Defense Secretary Mark Esper defends removing USS Theodore Roosevelt commander who sounded alarm over coronavirus

Top Fund Manager Is ‘Hoovering Up’ Huge Amounts of Cheap Credit -- Allianz-run portfolio beats 98% of peers in turbulent 2020. Exposure to corporate bonds is highest since 2016 debut

Coronavirus Is Making the Public Pension Crisis Even Worse

California cities want transparency rules waived in pandemic -- Of course you do. Why not make the change permanent?

5e8a6819ae422.image.jpg?resize=1200,786

Grocery workers are key during the virus. And they’re afraid

Purell Gets Tariff Exclusion as Trump Reverses Earlier Rejection

Coronavirus Is Spreading And So Are the Hoaxes and Conspiracy Theories Around It -- As the deadly virus spreads, people are making some pretty outrageous (and inaccurate) claims

Amid coronavirus pandemic, black mistrust of medicine looms -- Peebles is among roughly 40 million black Americans deciding minute by minute whether to put their faith in government and the medical community during the coronavirus pandemic. Historic failures in government responses to disasters and emergencies, medical abuse, neglect and exploitation have jaded generations of black people into a distrust of public institutions.

How NYC moved the country’s largest school district online during the coronavirus pandemic -- Over the past two weeks, teachers, students and parents in NYC have begun using online tools to cope with a new system for remote learning. The country’s largest school district is working to distribute internet-connected devices to 300,000 students in need. Teachers are learning to shift their schedules and styles to meet students needs during the coronavirus pandemic.

Judge demands FBI provide new details about its surveillance

California homeless advocate: ‘We’re moving way too slowly’

As U.S. Food Lines Grow, Chef Jose Andres Warns The 'Worst Is Yet To Come'

Feeding the front lines, one duck confit at a time

Marianne Faithfull Hospitalized After Testing Positive for Coronavirus -- “She is stable and responding to treatment,” singer’s management company says

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

A message to all the preachers who insist on holding services in church:

Stay at home...pray at home!

God will hear you.  He doesn't care what house you're in.....

Matthew 6:5 "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

• Love 10