Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Out of Genoa

• Start Topic

era_protest_at_capitol.png?itok=vriikWpE

GOP attorneys general seek to block Equal Rights Amendment -- The five attorney generals - Tennessee, Alabama, Louisiana, Nebraska and South Dakota - are men, serving under conservative governors and legislatures. Thanks guys.

B. Smith, model-turned-TV host and lifestyle guru, dies at 70 after Alzheimer's battle

Losing $450,000 in Three Days: Hackers Trick Victims Into Big Wire Transfers -- Oops!

California agrees to spend $50M to help kids who can’t read

Appeals court approves of $6.7M award to graffiti artists

Bear that wandered yards near Los Angeles moved to forest

‘We’re in a Petri Dish’: How a Coronavirus Ravaged a Cruise Ship

Don’t Send Them Here: Local Officials Resist Plans to House Coronavirus Patients

Judge halts plan to move virus patients to California city

California tells 7K people to stay home because of new virus -- Self-quarantine.

Virus pushes beyond Asia, taking aim at Europe, Mideast

How the feds missed their chance at a coronavirus vaccine -- Scientists say interest and funding waned after SARS died out.

800.jpeg

10,000 mourn victims of racist shooting rampage in Germany

It’s Jeff Bezos’s Planet Now -- In an age of political dysfunction, the Amazon founder has begun to subsume the powers of the state. -- We're not paranoid.

Bill to prevent sexual assault testing delays appears dead -- Thanks asshats.

Probe finds sexual, physical abuse at school for the deaf -- An investigation has revealed multiple credible allegations of sexual and physical abuse by former faculty and staff spanning decades at a school for deaf children in Connecticut.

Michigan sex-misconduct claims mirror Ohio State doctor case

Nassar victim slams Michigan for response to doctor abuse

Teaching Children How to Reverse an Overdose -- Horrifying.

Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths

BB10hRTl.img?h=1375&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

Brazilian transgender dancer shatters Carnival parade taboo -- You're magnificent, Camila! Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Report: At least 138 sent from US to El Salvador were killed

San Diego sheriff agrees to share immigration information

The Lost 110 Words of Our Constitution -- The 14th Amendment says states that infringe the vote must lose representation in Congress. It’s time to make this happen.

Is $13 too much for a box of cereal? General Mills doesn't think so

2020-02-23t031330z_683878661_nocid_rtrma

Hurricanes turn to Zamboni driver as emergency goalie

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6

BB10kOsK.img?h=450&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=

Harvey Weinstein convicted of sex crimes -- Harvey Weinstein, the powerhouse film producer whose downfall over sexual misconduct ignited a global movement, was found guilty of two felony sex crimes after a trial in which six women testified that he had sexually assaulted them (NYT). Monday’s verdict in Weinstein‘s New York trial means the attention now will shift west to California, where the disgraced former movie mogul faces similar charges (People). With the 25-year maximum on the first degree charge, the conviction could see the 67-year-old Weinstein spend the rest of his life in prison. There is a four-year minimum on that conviction (Deadline).

This chart is the best explanation of middle-class finances you will ever see

Administration asking Congress for $2.5 billion to fight coronavirus

Drugmaker Ships First Experimental Coronavirus Vaccine for Human Tests

All 16 of Vietnam's coronavirus sufferers cured

South Korea to launch mass coronavirus testing, U.S. pledges $1 billion for vaccine

?m=02&d=20200225&t=2&i=1494812322&w=780&

An employee from a disinfection service company sanitizes the floor of a traditional market in Seoul, South Korea, February 24. Fears grew that the coronavirus outbreak in China will grow into a pandemic with disruptive and deadly consequences for countries around the world, after sharp rises in infections in South Korea, Italy and Iran. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji Reuters Photos: Fears grow as coronavirus outbreaks spread beyond China

OxyContin maker Purdue Pharma starts ad campaign for claims

Opinion: $143,396.66 biopsy charge highlights medical bill transparency woes

A man was awarded over $150K after he was denied a license plate that read 'IM GOD'

Kent State 'gun girl' vows return to Ohio University with 'army of gun owners' after protest

Animator Ismael Sanz-Pena took a single image of a medieval cathedral and used the facade’s repeating elements to find the movement within, kind of like a zoetrope.

US appeals court uphold rules involving abortions -- The changes ban taxpayer-funded clinics in the Title X program for low-income women from making abortion referrals, a restriction opponents characterize as a “gag rule.”

America May Be Nearing the End of the Roe Era June -- June Medical Services v. Russo presents the Supreme Court with the power to green-light extremely restrictive abortion laws.

Ex-Guatemala prosecutor granted asylum in U.S. -- Unlike her fellow countrymen seeking asylum from the civil strife generated by government corruption.

Where the US already has a border wall with Mexico -- Nearly 25 years ago, the federal government divided Nogales, Arizona, and Nogales, Sonora, Mexico, with a wall that looks a lot like the one being extended along the southern border.

Michigan teacher won't let student write about gay marriage

5d3d67b3bac844be84169f2ace51159a_18.jpg

Really? The administration couldn't see the offense in this? Fashion college probes runway show criticized as racist 

6 myths about the history of Black people in America -- Six historians weigh in on the biggest misconceptions about Black history, including the Tuskegee experiment and enslaved people’s finances.

Christopher Caldwell’s big idea: The civil rights revolution was a mistake -- Debate in four, three, two, one ...

Here’s an idea to save local news: Stop trying to make a profit from local news -- As another huge newspaper chain just filed for Chapter 11, which means it’s a good time to hear John Thornton’s $1 billion “venture philanthropy” plan for US news sites.

The best case for and against a fracking ban -- Fracking has helped reduce greenhouse gas emissions. But it also keeps us dependent on fossil fuels.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Somewhat. I first saw it in the paper the other day. Yes, we are troglodytes who still get a newspaper. 

So do I.  I can't start the day properly without one.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Same. I have to have my tea and NYT crossword puzzle. And I like to get the color Sunday funnies.

I do the same, minus the crossword.  I'm literally dumb as a post when I first get up.  I count only walking into ONE wall in the early morning a win.

I always start with the comics, then the local news and by that time, I'm up to dealing with whatever horrendous crap is in the hard news section.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, boes said:

I do the same, minus the crossword.  I'm literally dumb as a post when I first get up.  I count only walking into ONE wall in the early morning a win.

I always start with the comics, then the local news and by that time, I'm up to dealing with whatever horrendous crap is in the hard news section.  

Isn't it funny how we all have our little rituals? I too am an absolute zombie in the morning. I open my computer and let the horrors in the news wash over me before I can fully comprehend them. Then my DH leaves for work and the couch and the paper are all mine. I read my horoscope, do the Hocus Focus and then the front page. Since I already know what most of it is, I read the oped page and the letters to the editor. Then it's the Living section, Ask Amy, Dear Carolyn and then the funnies. The crossword puzzle I save for last.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Isn't it funny how we all have our little rituals? I too am an absolute zombie in the morning. I open my computer and let the horrors in the news wash over me before I can fully comprehend them. Then my DH leaves for work and the couch and the paper are all mine. I read my horoscope, do the Hocus Focus and then the front page. Since I already know what most of it is, I read the oped page and the letters to the editor. Then it's the Living section, Ask Amy, Dear Carolyn and then the funnies. The crossword puzzle I save for last.

Mr.Stunt and I get 3 dailies, NYT, WashPost, LATimes. There's no bickering over crossword puzzles when subscribers get them online. I still read the paper, but my online news consumption expands my reach.

Case of missing children tied to doomsday beliefs, 3 deaths

2 hours ago, jpagan05 said:

This story is bananas! Has anyone else been following it?

When this was first was broadcast, I wondered if the mother was some sort of Truther/Flat Earth/QAnon/Conspiracy Pizzagater. As the story unfolded, it's become more deranged and grim. This morning news reports investigators searching inside Yellowstone National Park for teenage Tylee Ryan -- Not good, since a recent winter storm went through this week. Ryan, 17, and her 7-year-old brother Joshua "JJ" Vallow haven't been seen since September.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Mr.Stunt and I get 3 dailies, NYT, WashPost, LATimes. There's no bickering over crossword puzzles when subscribers get them online. I still read the paper, but my online news consumption expands my reach.

When this was first was broadcast, I wondered if the mother was some sort of Truther/Flat Earth/QAnon/Conspiracy Pizzagater. As the story unfolded, it's become more deranged and grim. This morning news reports investigators searching inside Yellowstone National Park for teenage Tylee Ryan -- Not good, since a recent winter storm went through this week. Ryan, 17, and her 7-year-old brother Joshua "JJ" Vallow haven't been seen since September.

How does that even work? How can two children vanish off the face of the earth for six months and no one tries to find out where they are?

• Love 3

Stepping in to say I’m back after having an abdominal hysterectomy last week. Caught up on show but have not felt well enough to post. I deliberately didn’t say anything about it after what happened with Valley. 

Finally feel semi-human tonight. Yay! 

I have had to hold my belly when reading the posts. But it feels good too! ❤️

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Stepping in to say I’m back after having an abdominal hysterectomy last week. Caught up on show but have not felt well enough to post. I deliberately didn’t say anything about it after what happened with Valley. 

Oh, sweetie! I hope you mend quick. We can't do without you, you know. 🌹

• Love 9
3 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Thanks for letting us know and love to you as you recover.  You've had too many hard things to deal with lately, I hope you get a physical and emotional break from it all.

We are all so glad you're here!!

• Love 9
12 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

(((PatsyandEddie)))

O Lord God, the Life and strength of all that put their hope in You, Whose mercies are numberless, and goodness that is infinite, we give thanks to You for the blessings and restored health which You have bestowed on PatsyandEddie. As You guide her to bodily health, grace her continued perseverance to You in this life and in the Life to come. For to You are due all glory and honor, now and forever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

How does that even work? How can two children vanish off the face of the earth for six months and no one tries to find out where they are?

Unfortunately situations like this can easily happen: a mobile, shifting society where homelessness isn't uncommon, strained or non-existent family ties, single parenthood, home-schooling where states conduct little or no monitoring of students, politicians using child welfare for political theater as they institute budget cuts to over-burdened social welfare systems and education departments (starve the beast).

Another ghastly explosion of child abuse is splashed all over the media and we are appalled and disgusted and everyone demands Something Must Be Done So This Never Happens Again! The legislature gathers with new purpose and a heaping helping of righteous indignation and their bill is buried in committee. Someone is arrested, our attention wanes, a new round of idiocy is splashed all over the media … and we're right back where we started.

• Love 6

Beautiful prayer as always CS and it’s truly appreciated. 😘

12 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Unfortunately situations like this can easily happen: a mobile, shifting society where homelessness isn't uncommon, strained or non-existent family ties, single parenthood, home-schooling where states conduct little or no monitoring of students, politicians using child welfare for political theater as they institute budget cuts to over-burdened social welfare systems and education departments (starve the beast).

Another ghastly explosion of child abuse is splashed all over the media and we are appalled and disgusted and everyone demands Something Must Be Done So This Never Happens Again! The legislature gathers with new purpose and a heaping helping of righteous indignation and their bill is buried in committee. Someone is arrested, our attention wanes, a new round of idiocy is splashed all over the media … and we're right back where we started.

Kind of like your school shootings ☹️

• Love 6
15 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Cheers to feeling semi-human!!  Hope you feel better and stronger every day!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

true, true, true...all of it.

I HAVE been following this case.  I think my level of "pistified" (half pissed off and half mystified) reached a new high last week.......this story has been on broadcast news in the evening, at least the one I watch (NBC).  Not front and center but there have been frequent updates. Random people, all over Hawaii, were following this woman around with their I-phones, filming her getting coffee, buying plane tickets, whatever and wherever.  You could hear the person filming quietly ask "Where are your children?".......when they got home from whatever trip they took, concerned citizens had placed a cardboard sign at the entrance of the neighborhood they live in saying "Where are the children?".  There were other signs, too, I just don't remember where they were.  Someone at the airport followed her around with their I-phone, filming her.  Where were the police???

I was incensed!  This woman should have been arrested the second she didn't appear in court!  Ordinary citizens knew where she was!  They were filming her!  They knew where she was!  Why couldn't the police have "found" her sooner?  Why wasn't she being arrested?  Why wasn't she arrested the minute she didn't appear in court?  Maybe there's just a lot of stuff I don't know.....

I thought my husband was going to have ME arrested, I was so angry!  A day after my tirade, she was arrested.  But why did it take so long?  And, frankly, her arrest means nothing, since she still isn't saying where her children are!  She coerced someone to say the children were with them, but now that person has confessed that she was asked to lie.  

I fear the worst for these poor children.  I hope I'm wrong, but I fear they are gone forever.   It's just been too long....and if they were somewhere safe, why wouldn't she just say where?

Sorry for the rant.  Please carry on......

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I'm glad you're feeling better @PatsyandEddie *hugs*

I love the story of the Zamboni driver who got to play in an NHL game. What a dream come true. It just made me smile.

Reminds me of the story about The Who. Keith Moon was too drunk to play so they asked if anyone in the audience knew their songs. A kid stepped up and said he did so they had him play the rest of the concert and he was apparently great.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Beautiful prayer as always CS and it’s truly appreciated. 😘

We love you. You've had a painful New Year, and we're praying for your recuperation.

Kind of like your school shootings ☹️

Yes.

1 hour ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

true, true, true...all of it.

I HAVE been following this case.  I think my level of "pistified" (half pissed off and half mystified) reached a new high last week.......this story has been on broadcast news in the evening, at least the one I watch (NBC).  Not front and center but there have been frequent updates. Random people, all over Hawaii, were following this woman around with their I-phones, filming her getting coffee, buying plane tickets, whatever and wherever.  You could hear the person filming quietly ask "Where are your children?".......when they got home from whatever trip they took, concerned citizens had placed a cardboard sign at the entrance of the neighborhood they live in saying "Where are the children?".  There were other signs, too, I just don't remember where they were.  Someone at the airport followed her around with their I-phone, filming her.  Where were the police???

I was incensed!  This woman should have been arrested the second she didn't appear in court!  Ordinary citizens knew where she was!  They were filming her!  They knew where she was!  Why couldn't the police have "found" her sooner?  Why wasn't she being arrested?  Why wasn't she arrested the minute she didn't appear in court?  Maybe there's just a lot of stuff I don't know.....

I thought my husband was going to have ME arrested, I was so angry!  A day after my tirade, she was arrested.  But why did it take so long?  And, frankly, her arrest means nothing, since she still isn't saying where her children are!  She coerced someone to say the children were with them, but now that person has confessed that she was asked to lie.  

I fear the worst for these poor children.  I hope I'm wrong, but I fear they are gone forever.   It's just been too long....and if they were somewhere safe, why wouldn't she just say where?

Sorry for the rant.  Please carry on......

Don't apologize for being outraged by thoroughly craven behavior -- You have good reason to rant.

I've seen the same news reports in Oahu, and shout at the TV Why aren't you calling the police!

I don't under stand it either. Is the casual abandonment of children so normalized that no one can make protecting two children as their first response?

• Love 3

I don't under stand it either. Is the casual abandonment of children so normalized that no one can make protecting two children as their first response?

Now she's asking the court to lower her bail. Sure, I mean she's not a flight risk at all.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peacheslatour said:

Now she's asking the court to lower her bail. Sure, I mean she's not a flight risk at all.

Right?  I heard that and thought "Boo fucking hoo, lady. You're lucky they are even considering bail!"

And why she should even get bail?  She doesn't deserve it!  She's dangerous, as far as I'm concerned!  She should be locked up until she reveals the whereabouts of her flesh and blood.

• Love 6

P.S. and I swear I'll stop with these angry posts.....

This woman who won't reveal the whereabouts of her children is involved in some sort of doomsday cult.  She's concerned about doomsday?  I'm sure whatever jail she's going to end up in will be happy to show her freakin' doomsday.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

P.S. and I swear I'll stop with these angry posts.....

This woman who won't reveal the whereabouts of her children is involved in some sort of doomsday cult.  She's concerned about doomsday?  I'm sure whatever jail she's going to end up in will be happy to show her freakin' doomsday.

Vallow reportedly believes she is "a god assigned to carry out the work of the 144,000 at Christ's second coming in July 2020," according to divorce documents Charles Vallow filed before his death.

• Love 3

CCO_BlogAshWednesday_315x315-300x300.jpg

Today is Ash Wednesday and derives its name from the placing of repentance ashes on the foreheads of participants to either the words "Repent, and believe in the Gospel" or the dictum "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return." The ashes are prepared by burning palm leaves from the previous year's Palm Sunday celebrations.

America’s failure in Afghanistan, explained by one village -- 18 years after the US-led invasion of Afghanistan, the capital city of Kabul is prospering. In rural areas, it’s a different story entirely.

UN: 100,000 civilians casualties in Afghanistan in 10 years

New virus has infected over 80,000 people, killed 2,700

'Black Patriots' Were Heroes Of The Revolution, But Not The History Books

Minnesota's constitution still allows slavery as a punishment for crimes. Now lawmakers are trying to change that

800.jpeg

Activists with assault rifles stir fears at Nebraska Capitol

New Jersey just raised its threat level for white supremacists to 'high,' well above ISIS and al Qaeda

Girl, 11, brings AR-15 to Idaho hearing on gun legislation

New Mexico governor to sheriffs: Enforce gun law or resign

Greyhound will no longer consent to warrantless searches by border patrol agents -- Greyhound previously said it had no choice under law but to let CBP conduct warrantless searches.

MIT Physicist Proposes New "Meaning of Life" -- Jeremy England explains how simple physical laws make complex life more likely than not. In other words, it would be more surprising to find no life in the universe than a place like Earth.

I Was a Hollywood Assistant and I Got Yelled at on the Toilet -- Mean people suck.

Hot Pockets heiress Michelle Janavs sentenced to 5 months imprisonment in college admissions scam

Former University of Texas tennis coach sentenced in admissions scam

BB10pJgf.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

A man crosses the frozen Volga River. MSN In Photos: Winter weather across the globe

Milan's timeless fashion icons share what style means to them

Why the Restoration Hardware Catalog Won’t Die -- The surprising persistence of the mail-order business

Renowned Catholic figure Jean Vanier has been accused of sexual manipulation and abuse -- Once considered a near-saint, Vanier is accused of sexual abuse by six women.

University of Michigan officials told of abuse decades ago

Bob Moore, founder of Bob's Red Mill, on his recipe for success

Student debt forgiveness will widen national divide

These 26 words 'created the internet.' The US government is coming for them

The United States of Anxiety

David Roback, Mazzy Star Co-Founder, Dead at 61

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

CCO_BlogAshWednesday_315x315-300x300.jpg

Today is Ash Wednesday and derives its name from the placing of repentance ashes on the foreheads of participants to either the words "Repent, and believe in the Gospel" or the dictum "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return." The ashes are prepared by burning palm leaves from the previous year's Palm Sunday celebrations.

America’s failure in Afghanistan, explained by one village -- 18 years after the US-led invasion of Afghanistan, the capital city of Kabul is prospering. In rural areas, it’s a different story entirely.

UN: 100,000 civilians casualties in Afghanistan in 10 years

New virus has infected over 80,000 people, killed 2,700

'Black Patriots' Were Heroes Of The Revolution, But Not The History Books

Minnesota's constitution still allows slavery as a punishment for crimes. Now lawmakers are trying to change that

800.jpeg

Activists with assault rifles stir fears at Nebraska Capitol

New Jersey just raised its threat level for white supremacists to 'high,' well above ISIS and al Qaeda

Girl, 11, brings AR-15 to Idaho hearing on gun legislation

New Mexico governor to sheriffs: Enforce gun law or resign

Greyhound will no longer consent to warrantless searches by border patrol agents -- Greyhound previously said it had no choice under law but to let CBP conduct warrantless searches.

MIT Physicist Proposes New "Meaning of Life" -- Jeremy England explains how simple physical laws make complex life more likely than not. In other words, it would be more surprising to find no life in the universe than a place like Earth.

I Was a Hollywood Assistant and I Got Yelled at on the Toilet -- Mean people suck.

Hot Pockets heiress Michelle Janavs sentenced to 5 months imprisonment in college admissions scam

Former University of Texas tennis coach sentenced in admissions scam

BB10pJgf.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=

A man crosses the frozen Volga River. MSN In Photos: Winter weather across the globe

Milan's timeless fashion icons share what style means to them

Why the Restoration Hardware Catalog Won’t Die -- The surprising persistence of the mail-order business

Renowned Catholic figure Jean Vanier has been accused of sexual manipulation and abuse -- Once considered a near-saint, Vanier is accused of sexual abuse by six women.

University of Michigan officials told of abuse decades ago

Bob Moore, founder of Bob's Red Mill, on his recipe for success

Student debt forgiveness will widen national divide

These 26 words 'created the internet.' The US government is coming for them

The United States of Anxiety

David Roback, Mazzy Star Co-Founder, Dead at 61

the time lapsed, 28" snowfall was amazing to watch!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/25/2020 at 6:24 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Love you ❤️ X infinity. Get well soon! 

My morning ritual walking George. 

6164D66A-58A7-40FE-8A86-656F111C5CA8.jpeg

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I've gone native. Swim suit, cutoffs flip fops, tee shirt, sun screen. Mr. Stunt and I surf, do chores, doze in the hammock, eat until we're tired, ignore the phone.

My in-laws have a commercial vegetable and fruit truck farm. Bea and I run in the morning and then she goes to work at the farm for the day. The in-laws love having her around and they asked her to stay with them until they return home in April.

There's a melancholy, a silence in Bea that's not been there before. She fills it with physical labor, wears herself out. And it's there again the next morning. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I've gone native. Swim suit, cutoffs flip fops, tee shirt, sun screen. Mr. Stunt and I surf, do chores, doze in the hammock, eat until we're tired, ignore the phone.

My in-laws have a commercial vegetable and fruit truck farm. Bea and I run in the morning and then she goes to work at the farm for the day. The in-laws love having her around and they asked her to stay with them until they return home in April.

Sounds like heaven! 

• Love 7
On 2/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, peacheslatour said:

I first heard about it when the couple moved to Kaua'i from Idaho and family members were concerned about her kids not being seen in months. She was with a new husband (#5) and had at least two dead exes, one killed, supposedly in self defense by her brother, who is also dead. And new hubby has a dead ex-wife who died of "natural causes" at 49 years old. They have exhumed her body. I have only recently heard about the cult stuff, which makes me believe that the children are definitely dead. I was shocked that she wasn't arrested after not showing up to court but my understanding is that they are making an airtight case before going forward. Unreal.

17 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Hawaiian style, sistah! I hope that Bea finds some inner peace soon.

@PatsyandEddie Glad you are on the mend. I hope you are good as new asap.❤️

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jpagan05 said:

I first heard about it when the couple moved to Kaua'i from Idaho and family members were concerned about her kids not being seen in months. She was with a new husband (#5) and had at least two dead exes, one killed, supposedly in self defense by her brother, who is also dead. And new hubby has a dead ex-wife who died of "natural causes" at 49 years old. They have exhumed her body. I have only recently heard about the cult stuff, which makes me believe that the children are definitely dead. I was shocked that she wasn't arrested after not showing up to court but my understanding is that they are making an airtight case before going forward. Unreal.

That's one sick woman or a female Jonah with her trail of destruction.

Hawaiian style, sistah! I hope that Bea finds some inner peace soon.

giphy.gif

Hangin' loose, jpagan.

I never want to leave. Bea and the in-laws came with us to the beach today. Boogie boarding, surfing, swimming, lunching, dozing, watching the Billabong Surf Team … If I were 25 years younger, they'd still run me over.

@PatsyandEddie Glad you are on the mend. I hope you are good as new asap.❤️

Sending you good vibrations from Oahu, PatsyandEddie.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

the cult stuff, which makes me believe that the children are definitely dead.

Yeah, I suspect the kids are either dead or they've been sold into human trafficking. Either way, the "mother" can't say anything without explaining how it happened because she likely had some knowledge. If the kids had simply disappeared then the first question would be why she's never alerted the police.

• Love 5

800.jpeg

Female wrestler wins North Carolina high school championship -- Congratulations, Heaven!

Baseball, Fiction, and Life: Roger Angell’s Era-Spanning Career at The New Yorker

Survey finds Olympic, elite athletes struggling financially

Sorry, hard core athletes, those electrolytes don't help as much as you may think

Brooks Koepka, the World's Best Golfer, Has Some Issues With Golf -- Koepka is collecting majors at a record clip while upending the tour's social norms, wearing Off-White on the course—and making clear he wouldn't mind changing the game forever.

New study asks: Should we replace mental health meds with exercise?

2016_162_001.jpg

Katherine Johnson, ‘hidden figure’ at NASA during 1960s space race, dies at 101

This is the math that made Katherine Johnson, one of NASA’s “Hidden Figures." a legend -- Johnson, who died Monday at age 101, did groundbreaking work in helping return astronauts safely to Earth.

You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus -- Most cases are not life-threatening, which is also what makes the virus a historic challenge to contain.

U.S. coronavirus outbreak inevitable, CDC official says -- “Ultimately, we will see community spread in this country."

Coronavirus Spread to Japan, South Korea Raises Risks to US Supply Chains

‘Time is everything’: World braces for spread of new virus

Dashboard of a downturn: coronavirus starts to set off some recession alarm bells

Coronavirus wipes out $1.7 trillion in US stock market value in two days

Why Iran’s coronavirus outbreak may be worse than you think -- If you had to pick a region primed for an outbreak, the Middle East would be a top choice.

The Opposite of Socialized Medicine -- A small, litigious group has spent decades trying to stop the government from telling doctors what to do. What happens if it succeeds?

Military Will Study Brain Injuries From Iran Attack for Years: Pentagon

Boys, 13, charged with murder in California library fire

Ohio State doc’s accusers: End mediation, proceed with suits

2000.jpeg

Agence France-Presse photojournalist Angela Weiss, center, and video correspondent Diane Desobeau wait for Harvey Weinstein to leave court during jury deliberations in his rape trial, Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020, in New York. (AP Photo/Mary Altaffer)

Associated Press Photos: A corps of women are covering the Weinstein trial

Some say the Me Too movement has gone too far. The Harvey Weinstein verdict proves that’s false. -- Weinstein is the first major figure taken down by #MeToo to be convicted.

What the Harvey Weinstein trial won’t change for survivors -- The Harvey Weinstein conviction was momentous. But trials can only do so much.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

coffee-company-fuck-fuck-off-funny-joke-

Starbucks: A reconsideration -- As the coffee giant approaches its 50th birthday and 32,000th store, what exactly does the siren song of Starbucks mean anymore? -- Their coffee is still terrible, so what's there to reconsider?

Walmart is quietly working on an Amazon Prime competitor called Walmart+ -- Amazon Prime has devastated traditional retail. Walmart is about to fight back.

Corporate monopolies are hiding in your grocery aisle -- Psst: The same company is selling you Q-Tips, mayonnaise, and Ben & Jerry’s. -- One-Stop Shopping

A 22-year-old grocery store bagger won $70 million from a lottery ticket he bought at work -- Taxes first and lawyer second, then give a dollar to all the relatives that are going to come out of the woodwork to touch you for some cash.

Facebook would have to pay $3.50 per month to U.S. users for sharing contact info: study -- That's not going to happen.

Facebook is suing a company that improperly harvested user data -- The social media giant is suing OneAudience, which allegedly paid third-party developers to track users who used the “login with Facebook” feature. -- Turnabout isn't fair play collecting information on your members/client/customers/suckers?

Disney has a new CEO, but its old CEO isn’t going away quite yet -- Bob Chapek, who ran Disney’s parks business, is the new boss. But Bob Iger, the old boss, and one of the most powerful people in media, isn’t really leaving. -- How can we miss you and sing your praises if you won't go away.

How National 5G Policy Became Chaotic -- How Washington fell into disarray on the future wireless Internet.

A hearse stolen with a body still inside was recovered after a pursuit with Los Angeles police

It's illegal to destroy saguaro cacti. So why are they being removed for the border wall? -- The Feds don't care about endangered species when they get in the way?

GettyImages_91243099.0.jpg

Carbon offsets, explained in 500 words -- The controversial tactic to fight against climate change is becoming increasingly popular among companies, countries, and travelers.

Can you really negate your carbon emissions? Carbon offsets, explained. -- Offsets have become a wildly popular, and controversial way to fight climate change. -- So where does the carbon go?

The Assimilationist, or: On the unexpected cost of passing as a trans woman -- The trouble with finding my true self in the beauty aisles. -- Headline reads: Pink Tax Bites Man -- Purse your lined blue lips a little tighter and get used to it.

‘A constant nightmare’: Grandfather charged in toddler’s cruise-ship death agrees to plead guilty

‘Intensive’ Parenting Is Now the Norm in America -- The style of child-rearing that most aspire to takes a lot of time and money, and many families can’t pull it off.

The case against smart baby tech -- Maybe our babies don’t need to be included in the Internet of Things just yet. -- All the sooner to sell your information, my dear.

KidKraft's Alexa-powered toy kitchen sizzles and tells dad jokes -- Kids can't resist a good hot dog gag -- All the better to listen to you and yours, my dear.

Gender-neutral baby clothes: a quietly radical movement -- A century ago, we swaddled infants in basic gowns. Why is that so hard now?

US ‘honor roll’ of historic places often ignores slavery

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Happy Birthday Leap Babies! See you in four years … Tired of Leap Day? Wish Christmas was always on a Monday? Get on board with the permanent Hanke-Henry Permanent Calendar -- The creators say it simplifies life "If our permanent calendar was adopted, you'd be simplifying all kinds of commercial life, and just life in general would be a lot simpler," Hanke said.

1567340777265_0901_8AM_Main_Dorian_Forec

New NOAA Hurricane Dorian emails show how tenuous scientific credibility has become

MSN update on the coronavirus outbreak

U.S. workers without protective gear assisted coronavirus evacuees, HHS whistleblower says

Central banks may mount a coronavirus rescue. It may not be enough

There's a simple reason why gold is falling along with coronavirus-afflicted global stocks -- That's where the money is?

Coronavirus bursts Big Tech’s bubble -- Keep calm and maybe panic a little.

CBS Suspends ‘The Amazing Race’ Production Over Coronavirus Fears

Madoff customer payout nears $14 billion, as dying swindler seeks freedom -- Let's ask the customers, whose lives you destroyed and trust you betrayed.

Elliott Management wants to oust Jack Dorsey as Twitter CEO, reports say

What the Ring hacks tell us about tech’s backward approach to security -- It’s not your fault if you get hacked. Blame tech companies for not forcing you to be more secure. -- You get what you pay for.

Delta passenger's MacBook screen is destroyed after the person in front of him reclines their seat and crushes his laptop, as the controversy about proper in-flight etiquette continues

A woman took 550 times the usual dose of LSD, with surprisingly positive consequences -- Sky pilot … How high can you fly?

original.jpg

A mural of Greta Thunberg is seen on the side of a building in Bristol, England, on February 27, 2020 -- Peter Nicholls / Reuters

Photos of the Week: Carnival Colors, Medieval Combat, Avalanche Training

'The world is on fire,' Greta Thunberg tells UK climate rally

AI just found a new type of antibiotics. It may save your life one day.

Clearview AI leak names businesses using its facial recognition database -- Thousands of organizations from around the globe gave the software a try. The world’s scariest facial recognition company is now linked to everybody from ICE to Macy’s

The awakening of Norman Rockwell -- For decades, the artist’s Saturday Evening Post covers championed a retrograde view of America. This is the story of the politically turbulent 1960s, a singular painting, and Rockwell’s unlikely change of heart.

Why we can’t always be “nudged” into changing our behavior -- Recent studies looked at “nudging” interventions and mostly found disappointing results.

Wisconsin rejected new gun control laws. Then a mass shooting happened. -- It’s at least the 11th mass shooting in the state since 2004.

Scotland could soon end “period poverty” -- Scotland’s Parliament has passed a bill to provide free menstrual products to everyone who needs them.

Feminism’s Purity Wars -- Why has Erin Pizzey, once a pioneer of the women’s movement, been written out of its history

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

My own story:  Years ago I was emceeing a conference in a posh resort hotel.  It was something I did a lot and was very comfortable doing.  This evening was different because it involved a lot of different talent, that required me to go back on the stage from my seat in the audience to introduce the next entertainment act.  I looked extremely stylish, wearing long black silk trousers and a statement blazer.  When I ran back up the few steps about the fourth time to intro the next act, my heel caught in the hem of my trousers and I fell forward on the steps.  Luckily I was not injured and also luckily most of the 500 ppl in attendance didn't notice.  The people who did notice were the VIPs seated right at the front!  Yes, I was teased endlessly.

• Love 7
(edited)

china-li-zehua-wuhan-video-feb-2020.jpg

‘They’re chasing me’: the journalist who wouldn’t stay quiet on Covid-19 -- Li Zehua is missing, presumed detained. He’s one of many for whom the coronavirus crisis has led to a political awakening and a demand for free speech.

Epidemics expert Jonathan Quick: ‘The worst-case scenario for coronavirus is likely’ -- The former chair of the Global Health Council talks about the mentality that left the world vulnerable to the Covid-19 epidemic and what can be done to minimize its effects

Outbreak starts to look more like worldwide economic crisis

Iran says ‘tens of thousands’ may get tested for coronavirus

It’s not overreacting to prepare for coronavirus.-- Five things you can do now to get ready for an outbreak. -- And Wash Your Damn Hands!

Amazon’s bestselling products read like a coronavirus prep guide -- As shoppers stock up, Amazon is scrambling to block scammers and schemes.

Epic, the software company that's changed the sharing of medical records (including, probably, yours)

2a936b66015b900163ee8ca8da8e40ed56a33862

Peace, but not at our cost: Afghan women fear Taliban return

A female Saudi rapper is facing possible arrest over her “Mecca Girl” music video -- Saudi Arabia is trying to show it’s becoming more liberal with entertainment. Asayel Slay’s arrest warrant may dent that image.

Ask Your (Male) Colleagues What They Earn -- Samira Ahmed’s case against her employer, the BBC, illustrates the value of transparency in closing the gender pay gap.

Simone Biles blasts USA Gymnastics’ settlement proposal; Aly Raisman assails ‘massive cover up’

Vatican opens archives on history's most controversial pope -- Shielding veneration and beatification, while trudging on to sainthood.

Recruiter told Oklahoma students to line up by skin color -- How racially integrated is Oklahoma Christian University campus population? As segregated as their chapel on Sunday?

200227-india-violence-mc-1222_38d852d852

As violence sweeps New Delhi, one friendship crosses the Muslim-Hindu divide -- At least 30 people were killed and more than 200 injured in sectarian riots engulfing the Indian capital.

Real IDs, explained -- Millions of Americans who have driver’s licenses still haven’t upgraded to a Real ID.

The 100 Million Project Report

Generations Are an Invention and How They Came to Be -- Europeans created the idea that individuals share something important with, as one lexicographer put it in 1863, "all men living more or less at the same time"

Gen-X Women Are Caught in a Generational Tug-of-War -- The average caregiver is a 49-year-old woman, and the demands of caregiving seem likely to increase.

Alzheimer's Is Type 3 Diabetes -- The idea that Alzheimer's is a form of diabetic disease has been gaining currency in medical circles for almost ten years.

image_atget_eugene_jean_eugene_auguste_a

Eugène Atget, “Coin des rues de Seine et de l’Echaudé, 6ème arrondissement, Paris” (1911), albumen print, from the collection of the Musée Carnavalet (CC0 Paris Musées / Musée Carnavalet)

Images of 100,000 Artworks From Paris Museum Collections Now Freely Available to the Public -- Paris Musées is offering digital downloads of masterpieces by artists including Rembrandt, Gustave Courbet, and Eugène Delacroix. -- What a treasure trove this is. I was particularly happy to see a bunch of work in here from Eugène Atget, chronicler of Parisian streets, architecture, and residents and one of my favorite photographers.

Identifying and Tackling Manipulated Media

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

They probably thought it was endearing. I would! 

George was super upset all weekend. He had a minor issue (I hope it’s minor) at daycare. I’m trying to keep this brief. But from what I gather he was jumping down from a ledge w a blanket on it and his foot was caught in a hole and maybe struggling to grab it strained his shoulder. He walking and sleeping down but was super pissed, aloof and cried after. I know he wasn’t putting on like the sitter said since he cried in his sleep a bit and was real careful about his positioning. His vet is very good and I told him I’ll take him if it doesn’t improve, the vet is A++ but I know he get panic attacks going so he doesn’t want that as kind and efficient as he is. He seems better today.

Its so hard like @jewel21 @AngelKitty @boes @peacheslatour when our babies we understand but they also can’t talk and they always wanna be so strong for us.  

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

They probably thought it was endearing. I would! 

George was super upset all weekend. He had a minor issue (I hope it’s minor) at daycare. I’m trying to keep this brief. But from what I gather he was jumping down from a ledge w a blanket on it and his foot was caught in a hole and maybe struggling to grab it strained his shoulder. He walking and sleeping down but was super pissed, aloof and cried after. I know he wasn’t putting on like the sitter said since he cried in his sleep a bit and was real careful about his positioning. His vet is very good and I told him I’ll take him if it doesn’t improve, the vet is A++ but I know he get panic attacks going so he doesn’t want that as kind and efficient as he is. He seems better today.

Its so hard like @jewel21 @AngelKitty @boes @peacheslatour when our babies we understand but they also can’t talk and they always wanna be so strong for us.  

That's so true. Peaches seemed to want to hide her suffering from me. I sincerely hope George is on the mend and feels his good old self tomorrow.

• Love 9