Type keyword(s) to search

Drag Pool & Top Three Predictions

• Start Topic

My team is BenDeLaCreme, Courtney Act, and Kelly Mantle. Kelly's departure in episode one is worrying for me. But in previous seasons, I had Raja, Sharon Needles, and Jinkx Monsoon, so I'm hoping to keep my streak alive of always having the winner. All-Stars doesn't count

I have four main favorites in Courtney, Bianca, Joslyn and Adore. Aside from really wanting Courtney in the finals, I really can't pick between the other three. I also really like DeLa, but not so much that I want her to beat the other four. 

The final three that "feels" right is DeLa, Courtney and Bianca. All three of them are extremely talented queens who can really turn it on when called for, and they all seem to be good people to boot. Joslyn and Adore are sort of the underdogs, but I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both of them really hit their stride soon.

I've basically written off the rest of them. Milk had potential, but she has unfortunately failed to live up to it. 

It's a shame, because I wanted to LOVE Milk pre-season, but she's just not doing it for me, or for the judges, obviously.  I respect wanting to stay true to your drag, I respect a queen with a defined aesthetic, that's fine by me.  However, what the judges want to see is growth in the competition.  They want to see the queens expand - they want comedy queens to do glamour, they want pageant queens to tackle comedy, and they want quirky queens to polish up their drag just to show that they can be flexible - they don't have to change who they are forever.  Just change it up for the panel once in a while when they ask them to.  A queen who maintains her status-quo from the beginning of the competition is doomed.  If Milk wants an example that "change is good", look no further than last year's top three.  Jinkx could pretty much do anything, but when they asked her for glamour, she finally gave it to them.  Alaska finally broke free of her clique and took off by herself, and blazed through the second half of the competition.  Even Roxxxy, for as much as she kept blabbing that "Drag isn't comedy" actually WAS funny when she needed to be.  So my concern for Milk is that it might be too late for her to give the judges what they want to see.  

Edited by Raspberry2012

At work we do a pick'em where you select a queen based on just their name.  I chose Darienne Lake (who I still think can make top 3, but probably won't win), but if I had to guess who the top 3 were going to be, I'd go with BendelaCreme, Adore Delano, and Courtney Act.  Bianca and Joslyn are awesome, but I see Joslyn losing around 6th and Bianca seems like a surprise 4th place finisher.  Or maybe I just expect her there because so many of my favorites are out in 4th/5th place.

If I were picking my top three at the start of the season, I would've gone with Bianca and Courtney for sure, and probably Milk.

At this point, I'd stick with Bianca, but fill out the other spots with Ben and Adore--the latter of whom has really surprised me.

My picks for final three will be Bianca, Trinity and Adore.

I've liked Bianca from the beginning. She just has it all. I've also liked Trinity from the start, and now she's is in a redemption arc that I can see taking her to the end. Adore mainly has her charm and wit, but she also has a ton of talent. Like Michelle said, if she gets over her self-doubt, she's going to be unstoppable.

Bianca has the most crossover potential.

This. There's usually a lot of talk each season about this being the "Year of the <blank>", but I can totally see a lot of crossover potential with Bianca, and that's something I think Ru might be looking for most of all. She's one of the most articulate queens they've ever had. I'm actually anticipating a bottom-two finish for her within the next couple of weeks - which always seems to happen with the front-runner - which will give her a chance to demonstrate her lip sync/performance skills. Unless she tanks on that, I think her chances are looking pretty damn good.

I just had this thought occur to me and now it seems like a pretty good guess as to what will happen for the next two eps. 

Next ep, they'll have Darienne and Dela in the bottom two, so the producers can finish that particular subplot, per script instructions on page 78. Dela will win, because obviously, he's going to be top three, along with Bianca.

Then the episode after that, Courtney and Adore will be in the bottom two, battling for the last spot in the top three, thus fulfilling Ru's daydream of Idol Against Idol, only this time... to the DEATH! But my crystal ball isn't sure who wins between Courtney and Adore.

Edited by Nerdlove
  • Love 1

I'm still on for Ben, Bianca and Courtney for final three.  Adore is turning in to Laganga and Darienne is just a bitter person.  She looks great in drag but I'm not seeing any other talent.  I still doubt Bianca will win it, it's too obvious and she doesn't need a win to get tot the top from being on this show.  

Just revisited this thread to see if I had guessed correctly. I choose Adore, Bianca & Courtney. Unless pigs start flying that seems a pretty sure bet because no way does Dorriene have a rebound well enough next week to oust any of the remaining queens. The question now is who wins, Adore or Bianca?

I don't think two of the glamour girls will make it to top 3. I predict Katya as the shocking elimination at #5, guaranteeing her the Congeniality prize, and Pearl out at 4th. With a final 3 of Ginger, Violet and Kennedy.

• Love 3

The spoiler I heard on Reddit - from someone who was apparently right about this last year - is that Ginger, Pearl, and Violet are the F3, with Kennedy fourth. Now, it would make more sense that the F3 is Kennedy, Ginger, and Violet, with Pearl as fourth, considering Pearl's lax recent performance. However, one has to factor in the ball challenge falling on the F4. Kennedy's runways have been the most inconsistent of any of those four queens, and she could easily get knocked out in that position. If she and Ginger are in the bottom, I think Ginger's staying over her. I've also heard rumors that TPTB are really pushing for Ginger as a winner. Honestly, it would make sense that the other two finalists would be Pearl and Violet in that case, since neither gives Ginger a run for her money. Due to various clues off the show, I'm fairly sure Katya gets eliminated at 5th or 6th place, guaranteeing her a (deserved) Miss Congeniality win.

I'm a firm believer, however, that the deserving final three - the three most talented queens on a given season - are the three best at Snatch Game. I'd discount Season 2 from that, since most of the queens didn't understand what Snatch Game entailed yet. That challenge involves everything you need to be a drag super-star, from pitch-perfect use of look to impeccable comic timing. In S4, the three best were Willam, Sharon, and Chad; in S5, the three best were Roxxxy, Alaska, and Jinkx; in S6, the three best were BenDeLa, Bianca, and Adore. In S7, the three best - and the deserving F3, IMO, based on talent - were Ginger, Kennedy, and Katya. I like the idea of Violet as a spoiler based on her spunk and runway skills, but she hasn't done well enough in areas outside her comfort zone, despite good-faith efforts, to warrant getting in to the F3 over Kennedy, Katya, or Ginger. This is, of course, in a fair-ish world, which RPDR is most decidedly not. 

• Love 1

My hope: Ginger, Katya, Kennedy for a group of talented performers who have overall done well throughout the competition. More likely: Ginger, Kennedy or Trixie, Violet... which I would be fine with(Violet has mostly underperformed, but she at least tries and could be a tremendous drag queen in a few years if she comes out of her shell). Dread: Pearl, because Pearl has underperformed throughout the season and is, along with Fame and Serena ChaCha, one of the overall weakest contestants the show has ever had.

But ultimately the season is Ginger's to win. As in there really is no chance she isn't winning it.

• Love 1

Not to be a concern troll, but I AM concerned--are we sure they didn't set up this season to give the social media kids the win they didn't get with Adore?

The F3 spoiler saddens me.

• Love 1
I'm a firm believer, however, that the deserving final three - the three most talented queens on a given season - are the three best at Snatch Game. I'd discount Season 2 from that, since most of the queens didn't understand what Snatch Game entailed yet. That challenge involves everything you need to be a drag super-star, from pitch-perfect use of look to impeccable comic timing. In S4, the three best were Willam, Sharon, and Chad; in S5, the three best were Roxxxy, Alaska, and Jinkx; in S6, the three best were BenDeLa, Bianca, and Adore. In S7, the three best - and the deserving F3, IMO, based on talent - were Ginger, Kennedy, and Katya. I like the idea of Violet as a spoiler based on her spunk and runway skills, but she hasn't done well enough in areas outside her comfort zone, despite good-faith efforts, to warrant getting in to the F3 over Kennedy, Katya, or Ginger. This is, of course, in a fair-ish world, which RPDR is most decidedly not.

Right there with you up until the bolded text.  IMO Kennedy was the funniest, the biggest risk taker in the challenge and a queen that  imitated the physical qualities of Little Richard as well as getting his personality/persona right.  Therefore Kennedy should have won; it was not even close.  Ginger was spot on with Adele's physical appearance but I don't think Adele is a mindlessly eating, wine swilling dumbass as Ginger chose to portray her.  That's the thing about Ginger, she goes for the lowest common denominator in her comedy.  (Her "Divine" character was repulsive and not funny at all either.)  The Snatch Game winners that are freshest in my mind, Sharon, Jinxx and Ben, all gave very witty, smart renditions of their characters.  Maybe Ben didn't nail the look of Dame Maggie Smith but he sure as hell got her essence and put it across in a very funny, creative and original way.  Sharon and Jinxx both took smart risks with their character picks that paid off as well.  Katya disappointed me as Suze Ormand.  She really wasn't all that funny.  Lesbian jokes. stereotypes and references to VAGINA aren't the definition of wit to me.  I thought Violet was better as Alyssa Edwards and Pearl was  better as Big Ang.  Pearl was much better than many people gave her credit for and got in a few good one liners.

Ginger has won four (I think) challenges and so is pretty much gauranteed a spot in the F3.  In addition I think Violet will be there and either Pearl or Katya depending on who comes on strong down the stretch.  I like both of them but Pearl's drag is better and I like her lip synch so I prefer Pearl.

Right there with you up until the bolded text.  IMO Kennedy was the funniest, the biggest risk taker in the challenge and a queen that  imitated the physical qualities of Little Richard as well as getting his personality/persona right.  Therefore Kennedy should have won; it was not even close.  Ginger was spot on with Adele's physical appearance but I don't think Adele is a mindlessly eating, wine swilling dumbass as Ginger chose to portray her.  That's the thing about Ginger, she goes for the lowest common denominator in her comedy.  (Her "Divine" character was repulsive and not funny at all either.)  The Snatch Game winners that are freshest in my mind, Sharon, Jinxx and Ben, all gave very witty, smart renditions of their characters.  Maybe Ben didn't nail the look of Dame Maggie Smith but he sure as hell got her essence and put it across in a very funny, creative and original way.  Sharon and Jinxx both took smart risks with their character picks that paid off as well.  Katya disappointed me as Suze Ormand.  She really wasn't all that funny.  Lesbian jokes. stereotypes and references to VAGINA aren't the definition of wit to me.  I thought Violet was better as Alyssa Edwards and Pearl was  better as Big Ang.  Pearl was much better than many people gave her credit for and got in a few good one liners.

Ginger has won four (I think) challenges and so is pretty much gauranteed a spot in the F3.  In addition I think Violet will be there and either Pearl or Katya depending on who comes on strong down the stretch.  I like both of them but Pearl's drag is better and I like her lip synch so I prefer Pearl.

Since I only know Adele from her popular songs like "Rolling in the Deep", I couldn't judge Ginger's Adele based on any similarity to Adele. I can only judge it based on finding it, for the most part, funny, which tends to be how Snatch Game contestants are judged. I agree that the "fat girl eating" is a crutch and Ginger didn't need to go there to make it funny. I had mixed feelings about Katya's Suze Orman. I liked the deadpan aspect of it and she captured Suze's corny diction, but you're right that she relied too much on lesbian stereotypes. What I think made Katya's performance was her reads on the other queens, namely Fame's Donatella. As for Pearl's Big Ang and Violet's Alyssa... I feel like impersonating another reality TV character isn't really doing Snatch Game justice, since they've already been pre-digested and equipped with funny tics by other reality TV editors. It's entirely too meta for me. I think Pearl's Big Ang was her best performance of the whole season - the Batman and Robin and medical mystery lines were priceless - but it wasn't quite up to the level of Kennedy, Ginger, or Katya. As for Violet's Alyssa...I could probably impersonate Alyssa pretty accurately after a few cocktails and watching Alyssa's Secret on loop. Violet did well, but it didn't require a lot of creativity or effort. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Not to be a concern troll, but I AM concerned--are we sure they didn't set up this season to give the social media kids the win they didn't get with Adore?

To continue their revenue stream WOW would be foolish to let Ru hand the crown to one of the social media darlings and I don't think they will. In reality the following for those queens is largely made up of fans too young to attend a drag show, or in a location where they can't even get Logo (hence the outright begging for live streams and proxy servers on Reddit every Monday night), or both. That mythical 13 year old in the Central American hut without electricity that Bianca claims is criticizing her eye makeup skills - that's the core of the social media fanbase for these baby queens. They aid the buzz, but they won't generate revenue for anyone in the long term. The social media darlings this season are nothing like Adore, who is a slightly busted baby queen using drag to further a singing career and loaded with charisma (and frankly Bianca and Courtney are far more prominent on the drag scene than Adore will ever be). The season seven queens are mannequins with arresting looks that post great pictures on Instagram.  A few successful episodes aside, they are not ready for prime time beyond stomping a runway, and not too many folks will buy a ticket to see that. WOW, Ru, Logo and the various talent agencies will come up dry after a few months if one of them is crowned. If it happens I'll be shocked. They won't make money for the producers nor do they generate ratings for Logo.

Edited by SteveAC10

There was some discussion in the episode thread about who would be eliminated next and maybe it's appropriate for here?

I would assume that, if she ends up in the bottom 2 again, Pearl will probably sashay. I'm certain that Kennedy, Ginger, or Katya could take a few ambien and still out-perform her. I've never seen Violet lip sync, but by virtue of the fact that she hasn't yet and Pearl has twice, and Pearl seems to be a one-trick pony, Violet will probably win.

Also, the sneak peak shows that next week's main challenge is 

sewing a Hello Kitty-inspired outfit, and that neither Ginger nor Kennedy can sew. Based on this, I think that Katya and Violet will excel, and that the other three will wind up on the bottom. Maybe it's wishful thinking (because she's my least favorite remaining) but I expect Pearl will be out.

(edited)

My bet would be on Kennedy or Katya next.

I love Katya, but it's a look challenge and they've often been stank about her low budget style.

There have been a number of spoilers - and other signs - this season that make me quite sure Katya is eliminated next. For one, the top four always performs at the Parliament White House Party in Orlando, and this year the line-up was Pearl, Ginger, Violet, and Kennedy. Then, there's a fairly reliable spoiler on Reddit (who gave away the final four last season) that the final three are Pearl, Ginger, and Violet, with Kennedy fourth. Of course, this means Katya will probably win Miss Congeniality (like last season's fan favorite, Ben, who didn't make the finals.) If I were going to go all conspiracy theory about it, I'd say that Ruduction really wants Ginger to win - there's a rumor along those lines - and that they made a final three with two other mediocre queens to ease the fan voting process.

My prediction for next episode is a Katya vs. Kennedy lip-sync. Ginger is clearly a judges' favorite (for good reason), and I don't think they'd put her in the bottom three for the third time, especially against Kennedy or Katya, who are superlative lip-sync queens. Even if they were to keep Ginger in a third LSFYL, they need to make it look like she won the lip sync, and that would be hard against Kennedy or Katya. Pearl's style is very suited to "Hello Kitty" couture, as we saw with the Japanime character she brought out in the John Waters challenge, and Violet's specialty is runway (and costume construction.) Katya can sew - she's the only other queen besides Violet who makes virtually all her own outfits - but I think they'll finally get on her for "not being polished enough" or some BS. And a Kennedy vs. Katya lip-sync is a recipe for sure-fire splitting and spinning pyrotechnics, which we've lacked this season in our LSFYLs. 

Edited by vrocotamy
(edited)

My prediction for next episode is a Katya vs. Kennedy lip-sync.… Katya can sew—she's the only other queen besides Violet who makes virtually all her own outfits—but I think they'll finally get on her for "not being polished enough" or some BS. And a Kennedy vs. Katya lip-sync is a recipe for sure-fire splitting and spinning pyrotechnics, which we've lacked this season in our LSFYLs.

I'd rather see Kennedy go than Katya. She'd better at least win Miss Congenialty. (Past Miss C's include Latrice Royale, Nina Flowers, Pandora Boxx, and Ben de la Créme.)

ETA that somebody mentioned in another thread that $100,000 could threaten Katya's recent sobriety. So I'd be okay with her not winning. Of the rest, I think it's time for a bigger queen—so I'm switching my loyalty to Ginger Minj.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1
(edited)
ETA that somebody mentioned in another thread that $100,000 could threaten Katya's recent sobriety.

Yeah maybe but from what I've seen around the internet is that Katya is a very popular queen (as she should be) so her sobriety could go either way without a win.  She's obviously gonna get A LOT of gigs now (in clubs and such where a lot of people drink) sooo IDK, it's kinda up to her what happens.

As far as next week's challenge being a sewing challenge, remember last year when Adore won that type of challenge.  She was the LAST person I would have predicted to win that so I don't base too much on who can and can't sew. 

I too have heard the rumor that it's Ging, Pearl, & Violet in the F3.

I'm ok with this and it would be my guess as well. 

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'd rather see Kennedy go than Katya. She'd better at least win Miss Congenialty. (Past Miss C's include Latrice Royale, Nina Flowers, Pandora Boxx, and Ben de la Créme.)

ETA that somebody mentioned in another thread that $100,000 could threaten Katya's recent sobriety. So I'd be okay with her not winning. Of the rest, I think it's time for a bigger queen—so I'm switching my loyalty to Ginger Minj.

I think concerns over Katya's sobriety shouldn't play in to the decision to award her $100,000 or not, however well intended. Katya's been sober for about two and a half years at this point, making a living in nightclubs, about the environment least conducive to sobriety, and survived the most stressful experience imaginable (reality TV!) without relapsing.  Interestingly, she intended to go to graduate school for counseling before being cast on RPDR. She's not Sharon or Alaska, who were in the throes of substance use and abuse in 2012 and 2013. I don't think Katya will win for other reasons - production wasn't really pushing for her and she didn't get enough improvisational comedy challenges to really show off her skill-set (or do her Russian prostitute character) - but she would be the most compelling, original winner out of this group, IMO. She's arguably the most well-balanced queen this season - she's a fantastic stage performer, has a unique, absurdly hilarious sense of humor, and knows how to use visuals effectively to create character (and do sexy, albeit in an ironic way.) She wouldn't really be like any previous winner, whereas I think Ginger has marked similarities to both Jinkx and Bianca. Katya is most similar to Alaska, but I think she's quite a bit sharper and more mature than Alaska, with broader references, and more consistent in her output.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 5
(edited)

The predictions are right! With 4 left, I think Kennedy will leave next week, with the final 3 ending up being Pearl, Violet and Ginger. If they leave it up to fan votes and social media, it is highly possible that Pearl might be the winner. I am rooting for Ginger however.

Edited by Mattipoo