Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: The Death of the Heart

Wow, how much do they plan on changing Elizabeth? Now she's a nutcase cop who is stopping Lori because she can, and where is David? Is he coming back to the show? I can't even discuss Carter, this show is nothing like what it's supposed to be.

• Love 1

Wow, how much do they plan on changing Elizabeth? Now she's a nutcase cop who is stopping Lori because she can, and where is David? Is he coming back to the show? I can't even discuss Carter, this show is nothing like what it's supposed to be.

The character assassination never ends.

As for David, it depends if the actor had the good sense to leave.

As for the show, I don't even know what it's trying to be.

Are we even supposed to like the character of Carter? I can't stand her at this point and find myself wanting to fast forward through every scene that she is in. I really enjoyed this show season one, but find myself questioning why I even watch it now. I guess I still like Max, Taylor and Grant, but could care less what happens to everyone else.

• Love 3

Are we even supposed to like the character of Carter? I can't stand her at this point and find myself wanting to fast forward through every scene that she is in. I really enjoyed this show season one, but find myself questioning why I even watch it now. I guess I still like Max, Taylor and Grant, but could care less what happens to everyone else.

If so, they are making it really hard.  When the show started I liked her even though she could be obnoxious because she was clearly affected by the kidnapping thing.  But now she just annoys me. 

Like talking about how they couldn't do things like sell drugs at the party because they were "legit" now. But I guess not legit enough that she doesn't serve alcohol to minors? Which is probably the real reason people come to the parties.

Also, why would Bird be okay lying about how her boyfriend died? I get that Jared could talk Carter into it, but Bird was with him when he collapsed. And other people probably saw what happened. It's obviously going to be a problem.

Did they do a total retcon on Jared?  Suddenly he's been forcing the brother to deal drugs? Was that even hinted at before?

I don't know why I can't stop watching this show.

Like talking about how they couldn't do things like sell drugs at the party because they were "legit" now. But I guess not legit enough that she doesn't serve alcohol to minors?

And not legit enough to not use a fake ID to book the venue, even though Jared was old enough to book it and was standing right there.

Did they do a total retcon on Jared?  Suddenly he's been forcing the brother to deal drugs? Was that even hinted at before?

After Carter told him Ben was the one skimming credit card data at the bar, Jared went to Ben and threatened him that he'd have to do something for him in exchange for not reporting him to the police. This episode was the first time they revealed what exactly Ben was doing for him, but it was clearly implied that it would be something shady.

This show is getting more and more ridiculous.  If someone can do CPR like Jarod did on Seth, they should continue until the ambulance gets there, they might have been able to still save him. Of course, he then wanted to get him out of there but that shouldn't have been the important thing. 

I think they didn't know where to go with this show after revealing the kidnapping story and having it so OTT.

• Love 1

Positive points I saw:

*Grant calling Carter out for her dramatic behaviour - it's about time someone told her she's being stupid

*I'm glad Max's shooting and near-death experience, put the fear of God into Carter regarding guns.

*I have to chuckle at her "You think I'd move in with him if I didn't know him?" comment. Things are beginning to fall apart and she'll really be in the hole.

*Lori can't find employment - I'd hope that after getting away with all that she has, there'd be SOME form of consequence. I hope no one hires her.

I really hate that they're pitting Lori and Elizabeth side by side. Lori still treats Carter like a friend she can talk to whenever things are going bad for her.

Since when does Elizabeth have to beg Carter for forgiveness just so she can trust her when it should be the other way around? This is the same girl who convinced her parents to let her drop out of school while lying about where she worked and who she was dating. She has no grounds for saying anyone needs to "earn her trust."

Season 1 Elizabeth would not have needed David around to get a handle on the kids.

I can't wait till Jared starts to get rough with Carter. Perhaps it'll knock some sense into her foolish head.

Max keeps hitting it out of the park with his performances, it was the only storyline that I found interesting.

Edited by Eri
  • Love 3

All the idiotic people on this show, and the DJ we don't really care about is the one to bite it?!?  I mean, I'm sorry he's gone, because he wasn't an asshole like the other people on this show, and he was actually doing something with his life (kind of; well more than the other children on this show).

And not legit enough to not use a fake ID to book the venue, even though Jared was old enough to book it and was standing right there.

I was coming here to say the same thing.  They needed someone over 21 to rent the space, but the person who was legally old enough to didn't do it?  How does that make any sense.  Especially for someone claiming to want to make this an actual business.  And if Carter wants to be an actual adult, why hasn't she filed for it - I forget what it's called, but it's what all the child stars do to keep their parents from stealing their money.  

Max keeps hitting it out of the park with his performances, it was the only storyline that I found interesting.

If this show was just about Max, I'd enjoy it more.  

• Love 2

Usually when places like lovely old churches are rented out, they are for weddings or choral concerts or fund raising type things. I would be surprised to see such a place rented out for a drinking and loud rock music event. And sorry, but I would think being approached by a 17 year old and a guy who looks like he just rolled out of bed, wouldn't inspire me to think they wouldn't trash the place. Let me say again: I can't stand Carter. Who is she to be insisting Elizabeth is too in her face? She is still a teenager. I really can't stand the stuff with Lori either. She should be in prison.

I really like Taylor and think she looks a great deal like Cynthia Watros, I can really believe they are mother and daughter. The actresses who play Carter and Bird looks 25, not 17. 

Also: It is really a coincidence that every time Jared says something "evil", Carter just happens to miss it. 

• Love 3

I cannot stand Carter and hope that she figures out what's up with Jared sooner rather than later. I'm not sure how much longer I can tolerate her holier-than-thou attitude with Elizabeth, when Elizabeth is only looking out for her (with good reason!). I am still astonished that she was able to brainwash herself into think Jared was a good guy, despite him lying about being married with a child. That's not some small white lie -- that's a huge big deal that should be disclosed right of the gate, before anyone's feelings are involved.

I get that Carter's not used to having an actual parent around, with Lori indulging her stupidity and bad life decisions at every step before the Wilsons found her, but doesn't she get that Elizabeth has seen a lot more in life and just *might* have logical reasons to be legitimately worried/concerned about her daughter dropping out of high school to become an underaged bartender banging her married-with-a-kid old boss?