Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: No Bull

"It's like we're using these things on a weekly basis now." Yeah, those stocks have been given a surprising amount of use.

Phil, don't trust Phil. You knew Phil 2 would bolt the first chance he got! But I like that he came back.

But hey, we have a calf! And a bull to mate with the cow to make more and oh yeah it's dead now. That meat's going to go to waste if they don't find a way to power freezers soon.

Next time:

Christmas! Looks amazing.

So glad I'm not the only one who thought, "Wait -- they killed the bull already?" Especially since we know there are plenty of Scoops left at the grocery store. They're not at starvation level yet.

I just want Jason Sudekis to land already!

• Love 3

So much for breeding a herd of cows. I get the idea they wanted the meat, but if they'd bred, they'd have meat and milk in the future, too.

Was the astronaut killing himself, or just getting high?

I think I'd work harder than Melissa is working at getting along, if I knew the likelihood of finding anyone other than this handful of people was unlikely.

I don't think they killed the bull on purpose. Too many tranquilizers. I was glad Carol realized that almost immediately. 

I kind of like Gail with Todd. Gail is nurturing with the group. She was also badly in need of a living companion. While I can sympathize with Melissa's issue trusting Todd, she was starting to come across as bratty for the sake of being bratty. Holding a grudge seems like a luxury one can't afford in a world with 7 (known) living people.

Tandy should probably avoid big demonstrations. That said, throwing the rock at the window (and not at the table) seems like growth. So maybe he's getting there. I did really like his continued support of Phil II. Tandy can be a jerk, so it's nice to see him truly caring about other people.

Edited by Dots And Stripes
  • Love 3

"It's like we're using these things on a weekly basis now." Yeah, those stocks have been given a surprising amount of use.

Phil, don't trust Phil. You knew Phil 2 would bolt the first chance he got! But I like that he came back.

But hey, we have a calf! And a bull to mate with the cow to make more and oh yeah it's dead now. That meat's going to go to waste if they don't find a way to power freezers soon.

But, but, but ..... there's a house not too far away with working solar panels and a working chest freezer that was formerly full of bacon.  Instead of freezing the bulk of meat from the bull they cooked it all.

Could they just kill everyone off and call this 'The Last Cow on Earth' ?  At least the cow is likable, and now it has a calf.

Was the astronaut killing himself, or just getting high?

He was just getting high.  Not sure why they would need all that nitrous oxide on the ISS -- do they do a lot of dental work in their off hours ?  </sarcasm>

• Love 1

That said, throwing the rock at the window (and not at the table) seems like growth.

Thank goodness....I was lusting after that gorgeous table.

All those thin and fit actresses pigging out on that beef made me laugh...they're probably all vegetarians in real life.

• Love 1

Damn, why did they have to kill the bull? Sure, the cow had a bull calf, but that would mean serious inbreeding.

I have mixed feelings about Melissa's anger at Todd. On one hand, it's not as if there are a lot of other options, but his hoarding the bacon was pretty low. I'd wonder what else he was hiding, the last can of gas, the last bottle of penicillin?

I liked that Todd wasn't judgmental about Gail and the CPR dummy, though their mutual embarrassment before they talked was pretty funny.

I'm glad Phil 2 came back. Original Phil is working his magic. Who will he convert next?

I don't mind Phil's brother being up in the ISS because I know the writers have a plan, but I'm very curious what's going to happen with him. And yeah, what's the nitrous oxide's purpose up there?

Apparently, nitrous oxide is used as rocket fuel:

http://www.aerospace.org/news/highlights/nofbx/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrous_oxide_fuel_blend

http://www.braeunig.us/space/propel.htm

I wish every episode wasn't about the folks fighting. Sometimes they could do something fun, or work together cooperatively. Show them exploring the neighborhood, discovering something like the bacon bounty together and having a party, or... I don't know. It's like they don't even try to bond or enjoy their circumstances, they just sit around being resentful and suspicious of each other. I get that there's tension, and I don't mind some episodes being about that, or about the trauma they've all been through. But it's not funny when they don't even bother with anything else. Phil and Carol had fun just the two of them in the season opener. Since they've been back with the group, it's been all tension all the time.

• Love 2

That scene with Mike and the radio was almost too sad. I hope he gets down to Earth soon. 

I'm glad Phil2 is back with the group. I also want the group to do more fun things together. I liked seeing the group work together to find the bull, and then shooting him in unison.

• Love 2

Wow they cooked the WHOLE BULL? what about beef jerky? that would last a long time, instead they'll have to binge-eat it all, of course as mentioned here they also have a freezer where the bacon was...

I'm starting to think January Jones is like that in real life, she's just being herself on this show (and others)

• Love 2

Oh, it's such a perfect day...I'm glad I spent it with you...you just keep me hanging on...

Man, I was not prepared for the ISS stuff; it almost brought me to tears.

So we have a milk cow and and a beef cow...there's gotta be a good pun there...help me out people! ;)

I have mixed feelings about Melissa's anger at Todd. On one hand, it's not as if there are a lot of other options, but his hoarding the bacon was pretty low. I'd wonder what else he was hiding, the last can of gas, the last bottle of penicillin?

I think Melissa is just angry. Angry at Todd about the bacon. Angry at Phil1 for his lies and shitty behavior. Angry at the world for being dead. All of the women are dealing with the loss of the world differently. Carol's trying to stay positive and focuses her energy on the future (the tomato garden and baby plan). Gale is self-medicating with alcohol. And Melissa is angry and likes to destroy things. She shoots skeet using iphones and does the dishes by throwing them out the window. Erica is the only one I can't figure out. She drinks with Gale a lot but Gale seems to drink out of sadness while Erica seemed to drink because she thought it was fun. Maybe that's what she's doing, just focusing on having a good time.

• Love 2