Type keyword(s) to search

Best Twin Peaks Moments

The owls are not what they seem...  Gotta be the greatest cryptic line in the history of television.  I gotta say that might be my favorite scene in the whole show... the whole extended set piece with Cooper lying on the floor of his hotel room having been shot, the old waiter and then the vision of the giant... the pacing especially with how agonizingly slow the waiter was moving is so unconventional for television and so gloriously David Lynch.  I can't describe how excited I would be if David Lynch ever returned to television.

• Love 1

Bobbo crawling over the back of the couch was so perfectly creepy that when a friend and I were at a concert shortly thereafter and saw a man who looked a lot like that actor, we were freaked out.

• Love 2

I can imagine.  I agree that was creepy... that was from a Lynch directed episode.  There were a lot of things that made it creepy but the #1 thing was the sound. I still remember Bob's creepy wheezy breathing on the soundtrack of that scene. Lynch is a genius with sound (he actually is directly involved in the sound design of his films which is fairly uncommon). I'd bet any semi astute observer could watch the entire series without credits and tell which episodes Lynch directed just by listening to the sound.

• Love 2

Bobbo crawling over the back of the couch was so perfectly creepy that when a friend and I were at a concert shortly thereafter and saw a man who looked a lot like that actor, we were freaked out.

Dude. I am scarred for life by that scene. Even catching a glimpse of it (like when someone on another forum the other day posted a GIF of just the couch climb) will guarantee I don't sleep for the next three nights.

• Love 2

ITA.  That couch climb was the creepiest thing ever.  Some of the scenes with Leland used to give me nightmares, too.  The combination of the horror and the heartbreak was just too intense.

I must admit though, when I saw the thread title, my first thought was, "Anything with Albert."  He made the show for me.

• Love 2

Perhaps not the BEST moment, but hands down, the most shocking moment of the show was when Maddy was killed.

Just the shocking suddeness of the moment, coupled with the violation of it being a family member, and the brutality of it all. I was shocked that they got away with that on TV in that era! I mean he rammed her face into the mirror, FFS!

• Love 3

It only took a second at most, but the cutest, sweetest and funniest scene I´ve ever seen is when Cooper took Sheriff Truman´s nose :) it was in one of the earliest episodes, can´t remember which. I also agree with an earlier poster that Albert was great, his speech about how he loved Sheriff Truman (and everyone) was so good. And Audrey´s dance is another favorite. But in general I can divide all of the scenes from the first 16 episodes into: a) awesome and perfect, b) pretty cool, c) defying description because it´s so great.

• Love 1
On Monday, April 21, 2014 at 5:57 AM, ShadowDenizen said:

Perhaps not the BEST moment, but hands down, the most shocking moment of the show was when Maddy was killed.

Just the shocking suddeness of the moment, coupled with the violation of it being a family member, and the brutality of it all. I was shocked that they got away with that on TV in that era! I mean he rammed her face into the mirror, FFS!

With Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World playing in the background.

And now the hair on my arms is standing up because I'm creeped  out remembering it. 

• Love 1

David Duchovny as cross-dressing Agent Dennis/Denise delivering pies. It's still my favorite role of his, X-Files notwithstanding!

Edited by Ms Lark
Pizza may be pies, but pies aren't pizza!
  • Love 3

The therapy session where Bobby had a breakdown over Laura. 

The tape recording of Waldo's last moments recalling Laura's last moments in the cabin. That "hurting me...hurting me" really messes me up. It's just chilling. Whoever did the voice acting for Waldo did a terrific job. 

Maddy's vision of Bob over the sofa. 

Shelly lighting her cigarette on the stove. 

Leland having a breakdown in the middle of a big formal gathering at the Great Northern and Catherine managing to convince everyone that he was just trying out a brand new dance, leading to all of them joining in the dance. TP's black comedy at its funniest. 

Any Bobby/Shelly makeout scene because...yeah. 

• Love 1
(edited)

My top ten favorite moments - by related quote:    :)

1. "Good thing you guys can't keep a secret."
  2. "I'm going to first talk to you a little bit about the country called Tibet."
  3. "DAMN good coffee - and HOT!"
  4. "Hey, look - it's trying to think."
  5. "There was a fish in the percolator."
  6. "Yep, Lucy sets it up for us every night."
  7. "Normally if a stranger walked into my station talking this kind of crap, he'd be looking for his teeth two blocks up on Queer Street."
  8. "Hester Prynne."
  9. "Are you okay, Harry? Better call that ambulance."
  10. "Don't I know you...?"
Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1
(edited)
  • Cooper's face when he first introduces Harry to Albert.
  • Cooper returning to his room, tooting twice on his whittled whistle, and doing a little "yes!" arm-swing.
  • The llama in Dr. Lydecker's office.
  • "The Norwegians are leaving!"

And I second "Damn good coffee...and hot!" and, "Look, it's trying to think." And from FWwM, Laura's "Bobby, look," followed by a little unremarkable dance.

Worst moment: "Just yoooooooou...and Iiiiiiii...togeeeether, foreeeeever, in love."

Oh, ETA in "best": "I can't understand you; you have a THING in your mouth," and Andy's outburst at Albert "Rosenflower."

Edited by TattleTeeny
(edited)

For some reason, i just love the Audrey/Julie (receptionist) scene in the pilot - the little tah-dah flourish of Audrey's as she removes the pencil from the cup and how Julie's reaction is all just "Oh Audrey, look what you've done - oh -oh Audreeee - look what you've dooooone...."

"On top of the morning to you, Pete"

"Get your boots off my bed and GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

Edited by dwmckim
  • Love 2
On 6/9/2017 at 0:58 PM, ChipBach said:

Best moments this season?  End credits...

I know you're joking, but I actually am enjoying the end credits, as they're the first real closing credits I've seen on TV in what feels like decades.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know it was a bit...crass, but I have to admit that the "Jade give two rides." "I'll bet she did!" exchange last episode is on my best list. I laughed at that scene way more than I should have. Naomi Watts was perfect.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 2