Type keyword(s) to search

Season Four General Discussion

not once does the State of Alaska recommend cutting off the cabin steps

Oh my goodness, they invented something new! Applause all around for the heroic Brownclownz! (I really hope I don't need a /sarc tag for this)

(edited)
On 7/22/2016 at 10:43 PM, DoctorK said:

Dammit, I am only 10 minutes into this episode and I don't think I can go any further. So they have discovered doughnuts? The producers have nothing but contempt for the viewers. I just want a final show where all of these defrauders, grifters, despoilers of the environment got to jail for a long time. Not to mention the child abuse these grifters have committed against their children.

You lasted 10 minutes?  I couldn't make it that far.  I can't stand to look at Bird and her mouth.  It is so disgusting and unnecessary.  Billy with that disgusting mustache.  Someone needs to just walk up to him and cut that shit off.  Ami needs deprogramming.   I can smell them all through the tv.

Run, Matt, Run!  Then fix your alcohol problem and then do a tell-all show about how the whole thing is a scam.  I would watch that.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Run, Matt, Run!  Then fix your alcohol problem and then do a tell-all show about how the whole thing is a scam.  I would watch that.

I've wondered about Matt and the whole oil money fraud thing. Why was it that he was the only Brown, well except for the youngest who was a minor, not charged? I pretty much came to the conclusion (ok, zero actual evidence) it was because he escaped the madness and was living away from the "wolf pack". Then, when Billy sold the idea to Discovery to do the show he got sucked back into the fold. Despite the scandal sites trying to mess with the dates, his dui arrest/conviction came in 2013, before anything was aired, when the whole "pack" got together for filming the first season. He may not have had exactly normal life, rumors are he and girlfriend were into booze and drugs. Then the show came along and he gets arrested after a night of partying with a girl he reportedly just met at a bar. Now the world knows him as that graying, almost 35yo, "kid" who needs a professional matchmaker to find him a date because he was born and raised in the bush. No wonder he checked into rehab and then stayed away for additional counseling. I wondered if he was escaping the cult, but then the social media pix started appearing showing he had rejoined the family vacation in Maui.

• Love 6

I'm actually not sure what to think at this point. At first I was sort of an innocent, I guess..the first season I thought (if I thought at all) that they may have been semi-legit. Stupid but semi-legit. Then that obviously became total scripted BS. Then I started wondering about the cult idea--which I haven't completely dropped. Then I fully embraced the grifter/lying/cheating/scamming/thieves angle; which I still adhere to. Add to that the whole anything for money thing--which I'll sign on to.

And let's not forget the entire anything for a paycheck angle which seems to have some major mojo, all scripted, they couldn't build a weather proof cabin or survive in the actual bush if guns were figuratively put to their heads. Instead of being a tightly knit wolfpack (evidently a lie scripted by TPTB) they're a seriously dysfunctional family with alcohol/drug problems, estrangements, major legal issues and possibly a few grandbabies in the background.

Lies upon lies upon lies.

• Love 5
(edited)

I read somewhere that Matt was in California at the time that the others filed for their black gold money, therefore he was not part of the fraud scam.  He may have been living apart from them ( sweet freedom!) but conveniently discovery channel doesn't mention anything about him not being included in the great matter and why. However he was never shown present at the court pow wows.  I guess they thought they could slip that by us those rascals. So instead disc chan just makes Bam look like the hero while everyone wonders why Matt, being the oldest, didn't step up to the jail plate to serve with daddy dearest.  

Edited by Dennie
  • Love 3

As memory serves (which it doesn't always), Matt wasn't included in the charges, nor were either of the girls. They may have both been minors at the time. Him being out of state would certainly be a viable reason for him to not be charged. I'm amused/horrified by the corporate spin regarding how they were all innocent--INNOCENT, DO YOU HEAR ME??!!-- and it's just the system which no one can possibly buck, especially when you're just simple bush folks trying to live your bush lives. And they were locked up in cages and Billy could have DIED when all they want is to be free.

I'm also bemused by the % who still buy this bullcrap. But then there's also the old saying about how 10% never get the memo.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/23/2016 at 4:52 AM, Beden said:

And--dear lord above--are you suggesting that you'd allow a couple of your (over 30 years old) children stay alone. In the woods? With bears? With lord knows what could happen? And they could die????

LOL ya I couldn't figure that out either...why did EVERYONE stay in Juneau during the 30 days of daddy dearest & Bamster's hotel arrest?   Shouldn't the other boys been back at the ole homestead taking care of business, sprucing up the place? (I still don't know what it is exactly they do all day, but meh, that's a whole other topic.)  But you do bring up some very compelling scary points, that no father would, in his right mind, leave his adult mankids to have to contend with such as the woods, bears, and the ever looming fear of death.  We can even throw in the dangers of the tide, mud, fire,mud, guns, mud, falling out of trees, mud, using tools without parental supervision, and gawd forbid running the "family hauling business"?   ;)

But seriously, it sure is some creepy hold that dd has on his adult mankids that for some reason discovery seems to think we find entertaining.  I would be happier to see actual lives the boys lead outside of Brownsville. At least it would be more believable and hilarious...and not so creepy.  I would probably drink also if Browntown was my life.  I do have genuine sympathy for Matt and I think the way discovery handled his situation on air was, well more for ratings (big surprise) than an actual concern for his problem.  His is a real life or death issue and I wish him the best. 

Edited by Dennie
  • Love 4

So tonight's episode was a sort of behind the scenes and never before seen footage kind of show. It was stated that about 2000 hours gets filmed every season. That begs the question...why oh why with all this filming and never before seen footage do they not include more of content in the regular season shows? In each program they find it necessary to tell us what's coming up after the commercial break and then spend the first moments recapping what we just saw. So annoying...

• Love 6

If they film 2000 hours I don't understand why they don't have more content.  Even in the never before seen the week before they had two good stories, Bear and Bams tattoo's and Matt's infected hand that could have been an entire episode between the two (or more likely Disco would stretch each into a full episode).  But neither made it why?  For more filler of coming up Billy takes pills (commercials) before the break Billy was going to take his pills, now let's watch him take his pills.

Actually the most entertaining "real" thing in the behind the scenes episodes was the crew member that got stuck in the mud.

• Love 4

Okay, so TPTB were simply trying to extend the season by using the previously rejected footage, a legit thing to do rather than just toss it or shove it in a storage closet. What I find semi interesting is that they went for shots which showed us (mostly) those happy Bushfolk being happy, living their bushlives or doing their bush projects or laughing at the somewhat put upon crew coping as best they can because they're not really bush. They also seemed to be showing us how they're legit because they have all these old bush friends going back to way back when.

Fine. Whatever. None of this changes the fact that they're lying, stealing, thieving grifters, with a rep for non-payment and abandoning huge dump heaps/destroyed boats or abandoned homes when they move on to their next bush home. They got lucky with a semi-lenient judge who allowed them to not actually be locked in a jail cell (and thereby saving the state $).

And the question remains; will they keep this increasingly dubious mess going for another season?

• Love 2

I think it's really interesting the discovery chose to put the show Homestead Rescue right after ABP. The Raineys are doing what the Browns implied they'd be doing: actually living off the land. It's very interesting to see each of the three explain something or construct something on the homesteads. Contrast that with the Brown knuckleheads who claim to have been living in the bush forever, but have an episode where Ami teaches the girls how to cure deer hide. If they'd  been in the bush regularly, the kids would have grown up watching that their whole lives (the same way no one had to text me to write a check, because I watched my mom write them at the grocery store every week for years as a kid.)

I wonder whether the juxtaposition is going to shoot DSC in the foot or not. 

• Love 3
On July 30, 2016 at 11:28 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

Actually the most entertaining "real" thing in the behind the scenes episodes was the crew member that got stuck in the mud.

That was pretty funny.  He got stuck while filming Bear, being EXTREME of course.  The Browns didn't even notice him stuck...or that's how it was portrayed anyways. 

• Love 1

They surely have enough footage to entertain us with until the new season starts, supposedly in Nov.  

The Brown clan has heard the wolf cry and have returned to Brownville for filming. Matt, Extreme Bear, Gabe and the girls arrived at "home" first and get the punctually kuddos from daddy. We all know how important that is to them.

Bam was supposedly in New York pictured sharing soup (1 bowl 2 spoons...Awww) with a lady friend rumored to be one of the crew. He must have charmed her with his uplifting  happy personality. But hey he's a bad boy now too, complete with ankle bracelet scars and criminal history and all so....

Noah-lot was in L.A., no doubt giving symposiums about all the things he made and invented in the bush. Inspiring the youth of Merica!

Ashamedly looking forward to the next season. ? Withdrawals already. I need donuts. 

• Love 4

Oh Jeez, I just started watching this so called "episode". Nothing but more of the Brownclownz crap. They show these people being even more ignorant, stupid and dishonest than the prior "real" episodes.

• Love 1

A random thought; when their previous boat sank while tied to the dock, causing them to all be really, really sad and bemoan how they'd just lost everything (again)--did anyone notice any booms surrounding the boat? I didn't.  When a power boat sinks, be it a relatively small vessel like theirs or a big oil tanker like the Exxon Valdez (sp?) I thought it was standard procedure to place floating booms around it to prevent or minimize escaping oil/gas from polluting the area. There's always oil or fuel in/on the engine and various moving parts or left in the tanks. Even the sunk battleship Arizona in Pearl Harbor is still oozing oil 70+ years on.

But why should the Browns or TPTB worry their little heads about trivial oops. I'm sure they pay Hoonah and similar places to be able to film...

• Love 1

A cow. Rumor has it there is going to be a Browntown cow next season. Will there be round the clock bear/cow watch?  Who is watching the cow while the family goes to their Hoonah hotel home every night? That cow is a bear treat... Poor cow. 

Edited by Dennie
  • Love 2

Will that episode be named, "How now, Brown cow?"   Gosh I crack myself up sometimes.  Thank you, thank you.  I'll be here all week...

Perhaps before said cow becomes said bear treat, maybe they can use it to barter with.  Like maybe traveling to a dentist and using the cow as payment to finally get poor Snowbird's teeth fixed.   Just a thought.

So it sounds like we may get another season of Browntown hijinks?  Oh, goody!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, brgjoe said:

So it sounds like we may get another season of Browntown hijinks?  Oh, goody!

That was my initial reaction and, while I always enjoy the snark here, the thought of the Browntownies continuing to scam anyone within a 5,000 mile radius, the on going ruination of that pristine area and the fact that the Browns are getting some decent $ for this steaming pile all make me just....sigh....

• Love 2
On 9/7/2016 at 1:06 AM, Dennie said:

A cow. Rumor has it there is going to be a Browntown cow next season. Will there be round the clock bear/cow watch?  Who is watching the cow while the family goes to their Hoonah hotel home every night? That cow is a bear treat... Poor cow. 

Just googled and found this article about the new star http://www.lyndentribune.com/news/local/reality-show-alaskan-bush-people-casts-local-edelweiss-cow/article_9b90463e-6bc4-11e6-99d6-ebf086e0fe7e.html not sure how they found Sabrina, the cow, down there in NW Washington on an organic farm. From reading the article, she may have been picked since she was originally a 4H project cow and has competed several times in fairs, is older, tame and halter broken. Sounds like she was something of a pet, but as an older (10yo) cow on a working dairy farm, her milk production is dwindling and she would have sent to the butcher in a few months. Now, to quote the article, "After moving to Alaska, Sabrina would stay with the Brown family for a month while video footage was shot, before being adopted by an Alaskan local to live out the remainder of her life." hmmm so she's only scheduled to be a Brown cow for a month? 

• Love 4

Glad to hear Sabrina was saved from the butcher, now hopefully she can survive the Browns and retire to greener pastures. 

How long will it take for Extreme boy to either jump over or roll under the cow? I'm sure everyone will get the lecture from gloom and doom Bammer on how dangerous Sabrina is. What goodies will Ami cook up with fresh milk? Oh can we stand the anticipation! Now they can have fresh milk with their newly discovered donuts. Stop the madness. 

• Love 2

Oh no! They are going toget a cow? People who couldn't provide adequate care to a pet rock? I really hope the support people (who do most of the actual work on this show) take decent care of this poor animal. Maybe we should start a gofundme site to save this poor animal.

• Love 2
On September 10, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Beden said:

I'm thinking Noah might use an old ink toner cartridge to make a pasteurization machine so they can have acceptable milk and cheese, not to mention butter....

Hahaha!  If No-a-lot's making it, it will definitely work. He's da Vinci.  Another trip to the junkyard!  Do you think they have a running tab there?  Oh Kenny! 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, clod said:

the ABP producers should talk to the producers of a canceled reality show called "Utopia".   

animal lovers did not like how the animals were treated.

I have to think we'll be treated to another farce - I still liken the Brown homestead to the old Eddie Albert show Green Acres (with groans and "You gotta be kidding me!" moments and instead of laughs). We saw them pretend to raise chickens, now it's on to a milk cow. They should be able to milk this cow for the whole season worth of episodes - but not sure how much actual milk mill be produced. Just because they got ahold of a retired dairy cow doesn't mean they'll be getting milk. Even if the cow calved this year, it will go dry unless bred again. Ok, I've never lived off grid or homesteaded, but a cow would not be my choice for livestock.

• Love 1

Rumor has it Noah-lot has a steady girlfriend and it doesn't appear to be a disco made/ordered girlfriend. How is it he's the one who may give Ami her first grandbabies.  I thought for sure he was in fifth place in the grandbaby race.  Is there more to Noah than meets the eye?  Could he really be the da Vinci we all dismiss him to be or are there other talents he may possess that disco has failed to reveal?   I never was good at betting on the winning horse. 

• Love 2

Ah Noah, you sly fox...

But wasn't there a rumor a while ago that brother Bam has already done the deed with some wench and it's simply not part of the plot of this hot mess? Anyone have any thoughts or info about this?

• Love 3

Seems there were rumors that Bam was canoodling a member of the production crew in New York - don't know if there was every any evidence of anything. Past experience shows these folks are willing to track down and delete incriminating evidence when they can get away with it.

• Love 2

Supposedly Bam-the-man was getting touchy feely with one of the shows producers Alison.  Maybe she was doing research? ?. There were pics showing them in New York together this summer. She was showing him the big city I guess....you know, jump in with both feet with this "crazy civilization stuff".  How will he ever return to the bush now that he has tasted the modern world? But alas the summer romance seems to be fading. Watch out Matt...Bammers and his broken heart will be even grumpier than before...if even that's possible. 

• Love 3

No official word from Discovery yet but early November is still the rumor.  Disco is so dramatic...just let the cat out of the bag already!  Hoonah locals definitely see film crew and Wolfie Pack back in filming mode.  They also say they are not spending as much time (aka sleeping, eating, living) at the local holiday lodge as usual.  Maybe disco and family have finally come to realize that with today's "advanced technology" that they can not hide and lie about their where-abouts.  Or, my bet is on that Noah-lot has invented a bush family cloaking devise!  Or, now this is really out there... their booming "hauling business" has kept them busy and out of town delivery goodies to Alaskans everywhere.  They've been seen in Edna Bay and elsewhere. The Browns are getting arounds!

• Love 4

Rumors ...Bamster and producer Alison kiss and made up and got married. Highly doubtful she will be moving to fictional Browntown...or Hoonah, or Alaska for that matter. She is a Brooklyn girl.  Rut ro... 

Rumor...There is more family trouble brewing as four of the mankids (Matt, bam, Gabe and Noah) no longer want to do the show and DaddyBrown is not happy with this.  They will probably have to stick with it if they are under contract with Disco but not sure when that runs out.  Looks like daddy is losing control. (Dagnamit)  What medical issue will he invent now to keep the boys tethered?  Run menkids run!!! 

Disco is filming but rumor is they may try to sell the show off to another network. Hence the non communication that is going on about start dates driving fanatical fans crazy. 

While I will miss loving to hate this show if it does not return, I hope the "kids" can break free from the mental control Billy has on them.  Despite the genuine love they may have, it's just not healthy. Probable cause for Matt's self medicating problems and all their stunted maturity. 

• Love 1
On 10/25/2016 at 1:23 AM, Dennie said:

Rumors ...Bamster and producer Alison kiss and made up and got married. Highly doubtful she will be moving to fictional Browntown...or Hoonah, or Alaska for that matter. She is a Brooklyn girl.  Rut ro... 

Rumor...There is more family trouble brewing as four of the mankids (Matt, bam, Gabe and Noah) no longer want to do the show and DaddyBrown is not happy with this.  They will probably have to stick with it if they are under contract with Disco but not sure when that runs out.  Looks like daddy is losing control. (Dagnamit)  What medical issue will he invent now to keep the boys tethered?  Run menkids run!!! 

Disco is filming but rumor is they may try to sell the show off to another network. Hence the non communication that is going on about start dates driving fanatical fans crazy. 

While I will miss loving to hate this show if it does not return, I hope the "kids" can break free from the mental control Billy has on them.  Despite the genuine love they may have, it's just not healthy. Probable cause for Matt's self medicating problems and all their stunted maturity. 

Not sure what to think about the Bam and Alison rumor.

If the show goes, I will miss my Friday night trash show, for sure, but my intelligence won't take the beating that it has. :)

• Love 5
On October 25, 2016 at 10:18 PM, brgjoe said:

You know what that means, boys and girls.......grandbabies for Browntown!

Lol oh gosh I'm sure Ami is probably making some kind of magic bush fertility necklaces for them with mr cupcakes fur. Supposedly Allison is in her 40's so not sure about grandbabies though. Not impossible but....

Hard to figure out why Allison would chuck her extensive production career for a Brown boy. Unless she plans on taking Bam the man with her. They both like photography. Maybe they will start the Brown Family Photography Company.  Take pics of tourist on the Integrity for $5 a shot. 

Ami might have more luck with grand babies from Noa-lot and his lady Rhain. Seems they are actually seen hugging and touching. Noa-lot must have abandoned his chivalry ways. 

• Love 2

I watched about 3/4 of last night's offering and it looks, no surprise, like more of the same. The moron twins had clearly never hunted ducks before (or not with any success at any rate) standing in the open blasting away, running after the birds as they flew away, barely aiming, just shooting in the general direction. No blind, no waiting till the ducks were actually in shooting distance. Then forgot to bring enough rope to tie or anchor the skiff so have to go swimming (in their clothes) after the thing.

Seriously, it had been a long day, I was tired and finally simply couldn't watch anymore. I love a good snark as much as anyone but idiocy being shilled as how bush things are done...please. I was also semi-interested in Matt's return. It's good he's home, I suppose, back in the environment which might well have spurred his problems. I genuinely hope he's overcome his problems but it seems he's reverted to playing his mindless simpleton persona he's been selling for the last few years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Beden said:

I watched about 3/4 of last night's offering and it looks, no surprise, like more of the same. The moron twins had clearly never hunted ducks before (or not with any success at any rate) standing in the open blasting away, running after the birds as they flew away, barely aiming, just shooting in the general direction. No blind, no waiting till the ducks were actually in shooting distance. Then forgot to bring enough rope to tie or anchor the skiff so have to go swimming (in their clothes) after the thing.

Seriously, it had been a long day, I was tired and finally simply couldn't watch anymore. I love a good snark as much as anyone but idiocy being shilled as how bush things are done...please. I was also semi-interested in Matt's return. It's good he's home, I suppose, back in the environment which might well have spurred his problems. I genuinely hope he's overcome his problems but it seems he's reverted to playing his mindless simpleton persona he's been selling for the last few years.

Well, you outlasted me for sure. Guess I just wasn't up to their foolishness. What did it for me was the way Bear was carving that ridiculous knife handle while holding it on his leg, then numnuts takes off running with it in his hand. Then Matt breaking the metal bars to get to the plastic to make a sled... was he really going to use that saw. I guess we're supposed to have forgotten that Noah has all kinds of tools in his laBORatory (including a drill press, welder, and cutting torch). Course with the way those jokers just toss their tools anywhere when finished with them maybe he really didn't have a drill, or it was just faster to build a fire, go get the new channel locks, heat up a nail, and melt a hole in the plastic. Yeah, the Bush way .... or should that be the BROWN way. Oh, almost forgot the scene where we see Noah standing back supervising the rest of the "kids" haul that giant christmas tree through the woods. 

• Love 1

OK, I made it to 30 minutes. I suffered through the duck hunting fiasco, I have never seen such a display of ineptitude and ignorance on TV before (and I have seen some doozies). What finished me off was the "Christmas decorations". First of all, Matt calling what they are collecting "bullets" is so wrong that it hurts; they are collecting fired cartridge cases. If they are actually living in the bush for real, they would have collected fired casings whenever possible for reloading, not leaving them all conveniently scattered right in their front yard. What finished me off was after Matt (correctly) referred to fired casings (not bullets), when he talks about hanging them up by the "notch" on a string and holds up his pride and joy, it is a loaded round complete with bullet.. Nothing to watch here, just waiting for the snark but this is so pathetic that that will be like kicking blind puppies.

I've only seen a handful of episodes and watched a marathon the other day.

I have a question,  why does the mom cry SO much?  In every single episode I've seen all she does is cry.  

The way these people speak is really annoying. I had to mute them a few times because I couldn't take those "accents" any longer. 

26 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

I've only seen a handful of episodes and watched a marathon the other day.

I have a question,  why does the mom cry SO much?  In every single episode I've seen all she does is cry.  

Well, put yourself in her shoes. She has all these grown kids living at home and not a single one of them married or even dating ... well except during the off season. Then she is continually suffering various back/neck pains, and has had to barter fish to get her teeth worked on.

• Love 2