Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Doctors With Borders

This show makes me cry every week. Neal with his parents was heartbreaking. Wish that Krista and Neal will hook up already- who can resist an attending like that! I guess that's the bad part about this show not having drama outside the ER.

I liked that Mario and Angus made up, and hopefully Mario won't act like an idiot anymore.

• Love 5

Good episode, although I must watch too much TV or read too much, because as soon as the woman said that she was preparing the food in a tent 'near the pool', I thought to myself 'chlorine, maybe?'  One question, though:  Wouldn't that much chlorine gas smell to high heaven and alert someone at the hotel that something was wrong?

The 'rebar fight' in the hallway between Mario and Angus was cute, although I kind of hope that Mario slips back into his bad habit of looking out for himself over the other doctors now and then--to me, that would be more believable than having him change so much overnight.

• Love 2

I liked that Mario and Angus made up, and hopefully Mario won't act like an idiot anymore.

Angus asks and Mario's says basically "Well, I was looking out for number one, so I threw you under the bus!"

So, Angus's response is "Oh!  Well that's all right then!"

• Love 1

I think it was my favorite episode so far. I just love Neal. I think I'm as doe-eyed as Christa when I look at him onscreen, LOL.

I really liked how they played with the cliché of the "disapproving father" and how Neal's dad wasn't one-note and stubbornly obnoxious, just worried for the woman he loves (after all those years, awww) and wanting the best for her.

This show makes me cry every week. Neal with his parents was heartbreaking. Wish that Krista and Neal will hook up already- who can resist an attending like that! I guess that's the bad part about this show not having drama outside the ER.

They had so much eye sex in this episode that I can't believe they won't hook-up soon. And she called him "Neal", one more point for my ship.

But I'm glad to see some build-up and for once, the UST is used in a positive way, as in they learn to know and appreciate each other.

• Love 4

I liked the episode also. We had to know it was a chlorine issue but I couldn't figure how patient 1 got it. I was flipping between the Series (yay Royals!) & CB so I probably missed why she got it.

I don't think one can cut rebar with bolt cutters.

• Love 1

I don't think one can cut rebar with bolt cutters.

You can, providing you don't have tiny bolt cutters and massive rebar.  I've cut 5/16" rebar and my bolt cutters aren't very large at 24".  It does take some grunt.

• Love 3
We had to know it was a chlorine issue but I couldn't figure how patient 1 got it. I was flipping between the Series (yay Royals!) & CB so I probably missed why she got it.

I think she was helping prepare the food for the dinner outside in a big tent near the pool.  She got more of a concentration of the gas than the other guests (although was she the only person working in the tent?  What about other kitchen workers?).  From the remark about the doctor's mom swimming in the pool everyday, I'm guessing that only the people who swam in the pool (probably more than once) got sick.  The ones who didn't get sick didn't swim in the pool at all (or much). 

I still don't know anyone's names, though

.All you need to know is Mom.  Everyone else is superfluous.  Just kidding, every character is really getting stronger each week.  This episode had the right mix of tension and action, without too much of the usual histrionics of lesser hospital dramas ("Let's move it people, NOW"  and that sort of stuff.)

• Love 2

Good episode except that all those in quarantine, who were not ill, would have had personal protective equipment on.  Just because you are already exposed does not mean you don't need to protect yourself.  Masks will help prevent further exposure.  Especially since they didn't know what the pathogen was.

• Love 1

They also wouldn't have kept the rest of the ER open if it had been a real unknown pathogen.

I don't know, I like a medical drama, but the A-plot about Neal and his father was just so cheesy.

• Love 1
No i mean the doc who died first. I'm calling her patient 1.

Oops, I forgot about her.  They didn't really say why she died first.  I would assume that she got a bigger dose (swam in the pool more?), but they didn't really give an explanation.  And her husband specifically mentioned that she didn't have asthma or various other things that might have contributed.

Oops, I forgot about her.  They didn't really say why she died first.  I would assume that she got a bigger dose (swam in the pool more?), but they didn't really give an explanation.  And her husband specifically mentioned that she didn't have asthma or various other things that might have contributed.

She was older, so maybe her system was more fragile and the chlorine was more damaging.  Whether she swam or not, she might have been spending time at the pool sipping cocktails because that's fun when you're at a conference.

• Love 2

They also wouldn't have kept the rest of the ER open if it had been a real unknown

That was mentioned with the head of the ER saying they might have to close after 80 years or whatever. The protective gear was also mentioned with one intern trying to wear it but Neal saying they were exposed but should have still worn them. I don't blame them- it is hard to wear those respiratory masks and you can't think straight when you're feeling faint most of the time.

She was older, so maybe her system was more fragile and the chlorine was more damaging.  Whether she swam or not, she might have been spending time at the pool sipping cocktails because that's fun when you're at a conference.

Its a gas so its also possible she just in low lying area or an enclosure like a cabana and got a higher dose that way.

I think it was my favorite episode so far. I just love Neal. I think I'm as doe-eyed as Christa when I look at him onscreen, LOL.

Raza Jaffrey has the same effect on me, and many others I am sure. Not only is he a good actor, gorgeous, but throw in his accent. All mixed together enough to make you swoon!

• Love 8

How did the clown that wrote this episode think we train doctors in the UK?

Also the God Save The Queen ringtone was bordering on offensive. Even card carrying members of the BNP wouldn't have that.

Apart from that the episode was great.

• Love 1

This show has definitely improved. I was watching it mostly for Marcia Gay Harden but the rest of the cast is good too. I don't need a lot of back story, just enough context to tell who's who.

And Raza J is smokin' hot.

• Love 2

Yeah I think I finally really like this show. Its no longer on my DVR because there is nothing else but Nashville on. I even liked the shots of all the blood and gore. It felt like it had purpose and a point on the story and wasn't blatant gross out cam.

While I am totally shipping Christa/Neal I like his relationship with Pineda as well it feels very real and natural.

Also the rebar  sword fight was adorable. I'm glad the guys made up. I liked Mario's no apology. I mean it was very dickish but it felt in character and honest. It also felt less Alex Karev like than most of his other moments which is a good sign. I love Alex but I would like to see Mario be his own character not just a different version of the same character.

• Love 2

I was half expecting to see one of them clobber an overhead light, or an orderly, with one of those rebars.  Trust the show to bring the two of them up to standard, then knock them down a peg.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • Love 1