Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Climbing Into Bed (1)/S03.E06: You Never Know Who's Who (2)

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

CPD is on for 2 hours next week.

After a botched undercover job, Ruzek is under scrutiny by the new Street Deputy Crowley who will determine his future with the unit. A suspicious person call turns into a murder investigation when Burgess and her temporary partner Price discover the body of a dead man in an SUV. After Mouse identifies the victim as the owner of a security company, the unit soon realizes there might be more to his story. Halstead and Lindsay take a step forward in their relationship.

I started late and am only 40 mins into the first ep. However, I am hoarse from screaming at my tv. Didn't Ruzek pull out his rifle from the back of the truck, aim and yell "Chicago PD"???? So OF COURSE the bad guy is going to immediately kill the go-between who introduced them, yes?!? I know I watch a lot of cop tv, but isn't that informant 101? I couldn't understand why the CI was so anxious to help when it was clearly a death sentence. Then I hand waved that Ruzek deliberately didn't tell him that he outed himself. But dude - then you can't be surprised/pissed/hurt that he turned up dead!!!!!

/endrant

ETA: just rewatched and he def IDs himself as Chicago PD. He's too dumb for Burgess.

Edited by betsyboo
  • Love 2

So Ruzek is involved in a triple homicide - didn't call his supervisor, didn't notify the "raid team." In serious trouble. Yet he himself did not kill anyone. Fired his weapon, executed poor judgement - yes, but did not kill anyone. He's on desk duty.

Antonio, on the other hand, kills a bad guy and doesn't so much as have to turn over his weapon  - or talk to the "street deputy" - and he's back on the street chasing another bad guy.

??????????????????????? At least be consistent in your stupidity, CPD.

Hi, I'm Italian and I didn't catch what exactly is a "Street deputy"... can anyone explain, please? Tnx!

I live here and I am not sure! My best understanding is that is a title for the person who investigates any officer-involved shooting. (whether they shot someone or not - could be just a "shots fired" review.) Sometimes you might notice that when they call in for help they say "officer requesting backup <whatever the code is> officer-involved shooting." In all police departments, any officer-involved shooting will require a higher-up at the scene; sometimes it is Internal Affairs, sometimes a Deputy Chief, sometimes a "professional responsibility" unit that is separate from Internal Affairs.

My best guess for this woman was she is high up the food chain and investigates to ensure it was a "good shoot."

EDIT: per a quick online search, via the Chicago Journal: street deputy: a member of the police leadership who rolls out into the streets to run the show when major incidents occur.

Edited by betsyboo

Let me just say, from the shallow end of the pool, that the way Jay disarmed the crazy "CIA guy" in the warehouse was totally hot.

I'm not even ashamed of rewinding the scene and watching it again.

• Love 6

I've come to like Olinsky's maybe-daughter despite myself, and so I found his choice at the end rather interesting. I don't know what his wife and daughter are going to think, but I understand what he did. He's taken her in, and he's apparently all she has. So now she's his daughter.

I hope she doesn't pull a Nadia, though.

• Love 2

Let me just say, from the shallow end of the pool, that the way Jay disarmed the crazy "CIA guy" in the warehouse was totally hot.

I'm not even ashamed of rewinding the scene and watching it again.

Good thought it was just me being too into him. I too watched that scene a couple times. If the would show more stuff like that I'd put on some floaties and just hang out a while.

• Love 2

What's the point of the Roman and bone marrow plot? Did the actor have other commitments and need to miss a few episodes?

To make him look like a good guy and set the stage for a relationship with Burgess.  Just a guess:)

Edited by Andy
  • Love 1

I started late and am only 40 mins into the first ep. However, I am hoarse from screaming at my tv. Didn't Ruzek pull out his rifle from the back of the truck, aim and yell "Chicago PD"???? So OF COURSE the bad guy is going to immediately kill the go-between who introduced them, yes?!? I know I watch a lot of cop tv, but isn't that informant 101? I couldn't understand why the CI was so anxious to help when it was clearly a death sentence. Then I hand waved that Ruzek deliberately didn't tell him that he outed himself. But dude - then you can't be surprised/pissed/hurt that he turned up dead!!!!!

/endrant

ETA: just rewatched and he def IDs himself as Chicago PD. He's too dumb for Burgess.

I just head canon that he suffered a head injury and reverted to training which is to identify yourself giving the suspect the option of stopping his bad deeds.

Hi, I'm Italian and I didn't catch what exactly is a "Street deputy"... can anyone explain, please? Tnx!

I suppose it is a Deputy Chief over the patrol and detectives rather then administration. The "Deputy Ops"(operations) on The Wire. A look at the CPD's actual organizational chart would probably make her real life counterpart, there being no Intelligence unit, the a Deputy Chief Executive Officer from the  Bureau of Organized Crime

• Love 1

I've come to like Olinsky's maybe-daughter despite myself, and so I found his choice at the end rather interesting. I don't know what his wife and daughter are going to think, but I understand what he did. He's taken her in, and he's apparently all she has. So now she's his daughter.

I hope she doesn't pull a Nadia, though.

I cannot get enough of Al!  MORE AL, please!

Was anyone else pulling their hair out with the 2 hour special episode?  I know I was!  The second hour with the CIA storyline was just too much.

Was there a reason it was 2 hours?  I wanted to scream midway through.

The Roman/sick kid storyline keeps coming out of left field.  I also thought (like another posted mentioned) that it was a way to bring Burgess and Roman closer.  I don't see her with Adam.

I believe Rusek identified himself after he murdered the woman in cold blood and started executing the others.  I didn't have a problem with him identifying himself at that point.  I do think that Rusek is too job-focused.  I have no doubt that he loves Burgess, but I don't see him settling down.  I do like Burgess and Roman, but the fact that he tends to fall for his partners is also a bit troubling.  He does seem to be a good guy.

I also concur with the other poster who that how Halstead took down the bad guy was very hot.  I rewound that myself a few times.  

Edited by Bishop

I think Ruzek has good intentions with Burgess but I don't think he's ever going to fully give her what she wants. He seems kind of flighty and I could see him being unreliable as well. I was surprised he got reinstated so fast as well.

Roman's sideplot with the kid was super depressing but sweet. They always reserve Willhite's appearance for the extra depressing tear jerkers. I do think they're lining him up as a potential love interest for Burgess but I couldn't see her falling for him long term. I see her fated to be messed around by Ruzek.

It's nice to see Erin and Jay go for it. I hope it works out for them.

So Al is just going to fuck up his family for the sake of a kid he's known a wet week. I love Al but jesus, no wonder his wife had him in the garage for years.

Did I miss the memo? I was under the impression that this was supposed to be the back-door pilot for Med.

I was not/am not a cop, but I know that in Phoenix, the "Duty Officer", a Commander-level person, rolls on officer-involved shootings. (Sorry to hog all the dashes.)

Did I miss the memo? I was under the impression that this was supposed to be the back-door pilot for Med.

I was not/am not a cop, but I know that in Phoenix, the "Duty Officer", a Commander-level person, rolls on officer-involved shootings. (Sorry to hog all the dashes.)

Sure in real life the police use of deadly force brings in the command and in many areas outside investigators but that would break the prejudice of this show that Intelligence can torture people and the like without any outside interference. Until needed for plot purposes then some brass will show up. .

The back door pilot for Med was last year, now they are doing small crossovers like they do with Chicago Fire so you will remember it is Chicago Med ad not Cook County for medical services

I just posted about Burgess and Ruzek on the Burgess thread, but I'll also chime in here...I'm starting to think that perhaps, yes, the sick kid was to bring her and Roman closer. But from what we've seen/heard about Roman's romantic past, that is not exactly good news.

I wish we could see Burgess and Atwater hanging out more, like that time playing video games with his little sister. They seem so content together, why can't they go out? They aren't partners anymore...and heaven knows, poor Atwater needs a storyline.

Re: Chicago Med - I know they're making a thing out of having each ep end at Molly's this season, and I get it. But it seems a little weird to have someone like Will there just about every time. I mean, there was a time recently when he was there with Atwater and Ruzek, no Jay, which seemed a little weird. I can see how he might start getting friendly with his brother's co-workers, especially after he's been away from Chicago for so long. But IMO it seems like he's just usurping Jay's friends or something...