Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

BKWurm - But Thea specifically said "I figured it out" and Felicity is smart enough to deduce how Thea figured it out since Thea was doing campaign research on Oliver.  So I think Felicity could legitimately call Thea on the carpet with "if you figured it out, why didn't you guys think other people - you know like the media - couldn't figure it out? Even if William didn't get kidnapped, I might have learned about it on the evening news! Does that sound like a good plan to you?"

This particularly point bothers me as much as the trial bothers our resident lawyers. Because the point of doing research on your own candidate is to figure out what the news or your opponents can find on you and get ahead of the story. In a campaign world that resembled reality - Oliver would have been told "you have to release this story and find a way to put a positive spin on it because it's going to get out - sooner or later, someone will find this kid."

Oh sure, Thea keeping quiet after being able to figure it out in a half hour was beyond stupid.  I've complained about that from the start, but would she feel that warranted an apology to Felicity?  I think it's all water under the bridge to Thea. 

Oh Laurel, if she just hadn't touched his face....I would not hate that entire conversation. 

Why? Why would she touch him on the face? That's just...what?

It's such shipper bait.  And for the unspoiled really cruel stuff.  As is suggesting that KC is the one left alive to give the time of death.  I bet money is being put on either Diggle or Quentin right about now. 

It sounds like KC to me. 

"I know exactly what that kevlar won't protect." 

EXCUSE ME, MR. DIGGLE. WE NEED TO HAVE WORDS. 

Looking more and more like Andy IS the him.  Though that said, he could just be the red herring.  Do we know if all our baddies are in the episode?   Wouldn't it be awful though if what really happened was Laurel diving in front of a bullet meant for Oliver from Diggle?  (Ours, not Andy).  Toss in some mind control (that yellow injection) and John might not even be in control of his actions.  I'm prepared for just about anything.  Maybe DD would still be the him since he'd be the one calling the shots. 

That moment with his husband makes me worried for what it will take for Curtis to become Mr. Terrific. I felt some foreshadowing there.

Funny enough, apart from her hypocrisy revolving her sister and Anarchy, I think she's been a good character this season, especially when she's not in your face. (I know I'm in the minority on this lol)

Really sticking Laurel in the background without a solid storyline is what they should have done in season three at least for a while.  Let the audience get used to her not being so...Laurel.  Yeah, apart from the Sara stuff and the behind the scenes crap that until tonight meant Thea and Felicity couldn't talk, I've not really had problem with her either. 

I think Paul is doomed. 

At least he is if they follow the comics.

I was so focused on the 11:59 I didn't hear what Laurel said to Oliver. She reminded him of the dangers of getting between two siblings. I'm pretty sure thats not a fair comparison Laurel. LOL

• Love 11

If I didn't already know Laurel was gonna kick it next week, this episode would make me sure. This is a nice sendoff, making her useful, thoughtful, AND insightful all at the same time for the first time ever.

Was that KC or Willa that said the 11:59?

Was it that obvious or is it just because I know? It seemed beyond belief obvious that they were setting the character up for death but, i wondered if unspoiled people would see it.

I don't know, from what I'm reading around, it wasn't that obvious to the unspoiled. Most seem to have been baited, and some seem to think that the show is setting Felicity to leave the show.

The 11:59 line seemed to be said by someone else to me. Who knows.

I don't know, from what I'm reading around, it wasn't that obvious to the unspoiled. Most seem to have been baited, and some seem to think that the show is setting Felicity to leave the show.

The 11:59 line seemed to be said by someone else to me. Who knows.

In the extended trailer, there's a female doctor shown at the end. 

And I'm just ::facepalm:: that anyone that still thinks Felicity is dying at this point. If the promos are setting up anyone, it's Diggle.

Yeah, a lot of people think Felicity might still leave the show and if not her, Diggle is dying. You'd be surprised.

No, not dying, but leaving. She's out of the Team, and has new purpose with PalmerTech. NO ONE expects it to be Laurel. No one has seriously ever put her in the run. Ohhh, I can't wait. 

#ByeFelicia

• Love 4

Diggle or Thea, with that Thea/Malcolm fight.

Could "him" be Andy? Not Malcolm or Damien?

It might be Malcolm while Laurel tries to intervene the Thea/Malcolm fight and Laurel dies saving Thea.

Might be Damien because I don't see him being occupied in that promo

I don't think it's Andy... I think that's a separate plot in this episode. Only because I don't see how it could be Andy... Or what could happen is that Malcolm gives Andy orders to kill Laurel, and then Andy comes to his senses and has to deal with killing someone (Like Thea 2.0) and TA decides to kill Malcolm? 

I just want Malcolm to be a part of this because I want the team to kill him.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Yeah, a lot of people think Felicity might still leave the show and if not her, Diggle is dying. You'd be surprised.

No, not dying, but leaving. She's out of the Team, and has new purpose with PalmerTech. NO ONE expects it to be Laurel. No one has seriously ever put her in the run. Ohhh, I can't wait. 

#ByeFelicia

Oh, ok. That I can kind of get. Let me guess their train of thought: the assumption is that Curtis is going to join the team, replacing Felicity's as the tech genius and Diggle as the "black guy". That way the show finally sheds its non-comics characters and returns to the "true" Green Arrow team with just Speedy and Black Canary. Oh, and with Felicity gone, Oliver is totally going to start up with Laurel again.

ucjersam.jpg

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

I thought the Dr. was saying "Time of death 11:59."

The promo is putting Thea and Diggle in danger. The end of this episode and the preview implied Andy is a bad guy.

I'm going with Thea and Diggle are safe and Andy isn't "him". 

• Love 8

I just want Malcolm to be a part of this because I want the team to kill him.

I'm totally in agreement. I really want "him" to be Malcolm, and Malcolm to be dead at the end of the season. I know I might be asking too much of this show, but getting rid of both Laurel and Malcolm in the same season? I can dream, can't I? :)

• Love 7

I think the doctor person says "time of death" and then it is Katie Cassidy who says "11:59" if this is being used to have fans think she'll survive whatever the episode brings then kudos to whomever edited that portion. It's working because I have read some comments (scary place to go if you like Felicity and Olicity) say "if it's Laurel who says the time how can she be dead?", so I think it's paying off for the show. So smart move on their part to insert her voice. Either way I hope they show who is DEFINITELY DEAD and not leave it as a cliffhanger while the show takes another hiatus that would just be cruel and bad TV IMO!

• Love 4

Is there a specific planned reaction in the works? Or will it just be #crickets? I might get on Twitter just for this. :)

Good question.  Anyone here follow the heavy hitters of Arrow fandom on Twitter? 

I personally was thinking that there would be a some shock along with a hefty dose of wailing, gnashing of teeth and general hysterics but maybe that's already happened. 

In some ways I wished I hated Laurel more so I could enjoy this more.  From a character standpoint (at this point)  I'm meh, but then I remind myself that I do  think the character's existence on the show created several crippling effects that accounts for a lot the season four issues (the ones not involving Oliver's annual plot based stupidity).  Take away Laurel and you lose the need to make sure everyone is equal and always in the field.  Poof, the fights would be better.  Take away Laurel and chances are the characters would be allowed to more naturally speak to each other (aka Thea off Laurel island and probably Diggle too) 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4
"end of an era" tagline for the promo-- are they trying to make it look like it's Diggle in the grave? He's certainly been on the team for longer than Laurel.

If it's Laurel, they probably figured  'End of an Error' was too harsh.....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 16

Well, it does seem like Andy is trying to play Oliver and Diggle in the promo and Diggle is buying it. So maybe he might not be the one to do it but he will have a a part in the team falling apart somewhat. 

Well, it does seem like Andy is trying to play Oliver and Diggle in the promo and Diggle is buying it. So maybe he might not be the one to do it but he will have a a part in the team falling apart somewhat. 

...I mean Felicity not being there would do that to any team.

I'm gonna make that salted caramel apple pie. I even bought a bird shaped cookie cutter to do a cutout on the top crust.

That's commitment.

Or are they playing him?

Sorry, I realize I could have been clearer - early morning English is a feat - but my question was whether the people that will be glad about the death had some social media plan to celebrate it. :)Still, I appreciate the input on celebratory foods and drinks. :) Alas the fact that I watch it in the morning stops me from drinking :(

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

Work is going to be so hard next week....right around my lunch time, you guys will get the episode and I will still have another 4 hours to get through then it's my Dad's birthday and I guess I can't skip it to watch Arrow. :(

The cake will be a celebration for 2 events.

ETA: As for the promo, maybe Laurel explains what an 11:59 means (which I think someone said meant police officer down), on police scanners as the fake-out, and they will play up Lance in Danger and then she will bite it.

I honestly believe that last sound bite was splice between the doctor and KC,. The promo monkey really are at their most trolliest.

Edited by Genki

I think the doctor person says "time of death" and then it is Katie Cassidy who says "11:59" if this is being used to have fans think she'll survive whatever the episode brings then kudos to whomever edited that portion. It's working because I have read some comments (scary place to go if you like Felicity and Olicity) say "if it's Laurel who says the time how can she be dead?", so I think it's paying off for the show. So smart move on their part to insert her voice. Either way I hope they show who is DEFINITELY DEAD and not leave it as a cliffhanger while the show takes another hiatus that would just be cruel and bad TV IMO!

The extended promo definitely makes the different voices more obvious.   You can hear two distinct voices, I believe it's the female doctor saying "Time of Death" and the cut in KC/LL saying "11:59".  If I had to guess, 11:59 isn't the actual time of death but rather the time that something Darhk or Malcolm has planned.  Maybe an explosion?  Maybe the start of Genesis? 

• Love 5

My boss is a *huge* fan of Arrow. She just watches from week to week, and doesn't follow spoilers or read anything about the show. I just saw her a few minutes ago, and based off last night's episode, she thinks:

* Felicity is leaving Star City/the show

* Diggle is going to die and

* Oliver and Laurel are going to get back together.

She likes Laurel a lot, but loves O/F as a couple, and said she thought it was gross that Laurel was hitting on him so soon after Felicity called off their wedding, lmao.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 22

Is there a specific planned reaction in the works? Or will it just be #crickets? I might get on Twitter just for this. :)

Sorry, I realize I could have been clearer - early morning English is a feat - but my question was whether the people that will be glad about the death had some social media plan to celebrate it. :)Still, I appreciate the input on celebratory foods and drinks. :) Alas the fact that I watch it in the morning stops me from drinking :(

huh, i'm in favor of starting a twitter trend. if we have enough people we may even be able to actually trend.

#LaurelLance6ftUnder

or #DingDongBucklesGone

But anything can work.

As for food: I will be making a chocolate soufflé, and will be buying a small bottle (I have classes and work the next day) of champagne or some other form of sparkling wine, depending how much I will have in my bank account come Wednsday.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3

My boss is a *huge* fan of Arrow. She just watches from week to week, and doesn't follow spoilers or read anything about the show. I just saw her a few minutes ago, and based off last night's episode, she thinks:

* Felicity is leaving Star City/the show

* Diggle is going to die and

* Oliver and Laurel are going to get back together.

She likes Laurel a lot, but loves O/F as a couple, and said she thought it was gross that Laurel was hitting on him so soon after Felicity called off their wedding, lmao.

My sister is unspoiled and loathes Laurel, next week will be fun to watch with her. I'm glad they don't have the same hiatus as the Flash.

• Love 3

If I shipped Oliver and Laurel, then this episode (417) would be a cruel raising of my hopes - to be crushed next week, assuming Laurel is the big death. 

As for Laurel dying, I'll still believe it when I actually see it.

I think HIVE is going to be based in Monument Point.

• Love 1

The extended promo definitely makes the different voices more obvious.   You can hear two distinct voices, I believe it's the female doctor saying "Time of Death" and the cut in KC/LL saying "11:59".  If I had to guess, 11:59 isn't the actual time of death but rather the time that something Darhk or Malcolm has planned.  Maybe an explosion?  Maybe the start of Genesis? 

I froze the trailer and beside the doctor, that really looks like a female nurse to me.  So, even if the time of death is 11:59, I think it could be an exchange between two woman and they just overlaid KC's voice because she says 11:59 at some other point in the episode.

Four separate people contacted me with variations on "OMG! Have you heard anything? They aren't going to be stupid enough to kick Felicity off the show, are they? Diggle's not dead! Tell me Diggle's not dead! Are they putting Oliver and Laurel back together?"

So I'd say that Arrow's done a pretty decent fake-out here. 

Also, just a guess on my part, but I'm expecting at least one more crossover - Barry Allen popping up for either 422 or 423 to give Arrow a little ratings/viewers boost.  That's worked remarkably well for Arrow so far.

• Love 9

I listened to it several times with headphones, both promos, and sometimes I hear KC, sometimes I hear a rando woman's voice that's either the doctor or the nurse.

#nothelpful

My two dudebro comic book friends who are completely unspoiled think Andy is gonna kill Diggle.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5