Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Wow i actually felt for Oliver there. Nice touch from SA when he turned to the pastor.

That's the part that really broke me.

He's just a big dumb in love idiot who is his own worst enemy here. :(:(: 

• Love 1

EBR's dress is ill-fitted, but she's so pretty!

Felicity is so the hero of this episode. I have to say, though, and I know, and accept, that I'm in the minority here...I feel like real and continuing damage was done to Olicity. I have a very hard time seeing Oliver really in love with Felicity now. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

Okay, sooooooo:

the seal says United States District Court. So everyone knows, that means federal court. That means Laurel would NOT be the prosecutor. 

This show's legal stuff is SO DUMB.

Dude, she's taking leave from Team Arrow. 

• Love 1

I thought it was a bit blah, and not thrilled re how resigned Oliver is (he hired movers for her, seriously?!?). All but one small moment of the legal stuff was, so everyone understands, seriously batshit crazy. LOVED Felicity sticking to her guns. Quentin will end the season out of SCPD, yes?

Also, to gloat for a moment, it sounds like she's taking some leave, and also the Canary Cry is almost definitely used to short-circuit bots inside Oliver. Both of which I specced months ago. So cool, esp since those specs shouldn't make anyone hate me.

SA could use a little bit of a tan. I'm pretty pale, but he's really really pale. I'm not saying he should risk skin cancer or Trumpian oranginess, but a teensy but of color might be helpful.

So Laurel dies, Felicity rejoins Team Arrow to catch her killer, Oliver makes a grand gesture to show that he's super serious about the no lying thing, they get back together and the writers stop trying to put a Felicity/Oliver peg in a Laurel/Oliver hole. Sounds good. 

• Love 24

And, officially with the press releases for the other CW shows, Arrow's on break after 418. So death cliffhanger it is!

Bastards. Wonder who all they leave in danger? Def Laurel and Quentin...maybe Digg? Thea? 

Bastards. Wonder who all they leave in danger? Def Laurel and Quentin...maybe Digg? Thea? 

Felicity, since it's her in the grave and Oliver is clearly hallucinating her, obviously.

In all seriousness, I'm going with an ending like 2x20. Laurel is going to be dead dead after saving Lance. Part of me doesn't really think it's going to be a cliffhanger at all but just end with the death. 

• Love 3

Looks Like Felicity finally sees her Nemesis in person. Demented Beth Greene. Writers I'm begging you to have them come face to face and engage in some fistcuffs!

Felicity, since it's her in the grave and Oliver is clearly hallucinating her, obviously.

In all seriousness, I'm going with an ending like 2x20. Laurel is going to be dead dead after saving Lance. Part of me doesn't really think it's going to be a cliffhanger at all but just end with the death.

Yeah I can see them ending the episode with the death as well. Right after she dies the Arrow symbol comes up!

Oliver got stung, but he regrets the sleeveless costume now!

Well we need a reason for a costume redesign next season... bee stings work for me.

317 looks good...

On another note, I really don't care if LL's death is a cliffhanger or not. Because it's pretty obvious who's in the grave. I just think it's a little cruel for her fans, since they will have a whole break of emotional turmoil dealing with denial and coming to terms with it.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

A break after 418? SNORE. What the hell are they doing?! UGH. 

They're totally gonna end it on a cliffhanger.

The trailer to 4x17 surprised me. In a good way. I wasn't expecting the trailer to be so suspenseful. Bees are creatures of horror and the trailer certainly made them more than pests.

LOL

ushfWOp.png

That's amazing. I love Donna. Lol

• Love 1

Re: the 2 week break between 418 and 419-- they took a similar break last season at the same time, with 318 ending on a semi-cliffhanger when Roy "revealed" himself as Arrow. (It was also during that break that the 320 sex scene promo came out, so here's hoping!)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5

This episode is going to make me CRAY CRAY. NONE OF THIS is how THE LAW WORKS!!!

Also, btw, L&O: Original Recipe was pretty decent on the law. Prior bad acts, fruit of the poisonous tree, etc., the show was fairly accurate about. Waaaaaaaaaaay more than Arrow, which takes the law, adds some rotten raw eggs and an avacado, puts in some sand from Mars, and whirls in a cheap blender. It's not just inaccurate, it's full-on nutbars.

Seriously, Arrow is so bad at almost everything law related that I just don't understand how it makes it into the script.  Just by watching other television shows I know better so how come these TV script writers don't???  At this point I almost think they've made a game of how bad can they make the legal stuff. 

The break is probably there as a buffer for processing grief/joy. 

I found this most recent episode really interesting because on one had it really telegraphed to me a person who has watched too much TV that this break up is not the end of the story for this couple but taken at face value, it really seems like the writers are trying to fake out viewers with the seeming removal of a relationship that got in the way of Because Comics "destiny".  It's almost cruel building up a hope like that only to kill Laurel.  I'm curious if next week there will be any Oliver and Laurel "moments".  It seems likely.  We already have Laurel saving Oliver.  Give them a moment to be glad he's alive and they are just throwing fuel on the fire. 

But misdirection is what these writers do around this time of year.  Last year Felicity is in a happy relationship with Ray.  Year before that Oliver seemed content with Sara and Felicity barely a blip.  Season one, it was Laurel and Tommy looking pretty solid.   But that's not the way it ends. 

Speaking of endings.  I can't believe that in just two weeks AyChihuahua will be eating her hat.  Mind boggling.

• Love 7

I read the last two pages with a grin on my face :) I especially loved @AyChihuahua rants about the law stuff :D

BTW, what do you think SA's description of the episode ("Oh..that's inconvenient") referred to?

I think it was this next break he was semi-ranting about in his last fb video. Was last year's two weeks as well?

So, will Stephen's favorite moment be in the next episode?

I have to say that the courtroom shows that Laurel could have her own thing but she isn't needed in the other plot. It is weird. While the law stuff annoys me in general because I think it is boring, she works for me as a woman who works. She has a job and she does that, in situations like this I think she has something to do that only she can do.

Whereas in the action stuff it always feels like they need her there because of the BC title.

All in all, I was a little underwhelmed with this episode. I don't know why. It just didn't hit me emotionally. Maybe I am turning to stone. But I have to admit, the writers got me to think 'poor Oliver' once, which is a small miracle.

I am not sure how they are going to get back together or when but I hope that Oliver will finally learn what he hasn't learned in the last 4 years. Probably not, but one can hope.

As for the breaks, they are annoying and seriously hurt the flow sometimes. And this close together. Maybe the should have them off the air 6 weeks and then have only new epiodes...

• Love 1

I think he was referring to their decoy wedding.

I thought that too, before watching. But then I thought it could be Quentin testifying, or Felicity leaving at the end? Too many options!

I think the episode showed very clearly that the team's dynamic won't suffer one bit without Laurel.

I agree, I did not miss her- I do however still very much miss Roy, Why can't we have Arsenal and Speedy in the field!!

Also without her in the lair and in the field we even got Thea and Felicity interacting,

• Love 3
(edited)

Taking into consideration the break, when will they release the episode summary for 4x19?

It's probably ending on a cliffhanger but I hope not.

Episode descriptions are released 3 weeks prior to the episode airing.  If They only skip a week then we should get 419's description next week.  If they skip 2 weeks then we get 419's description on 4/6 or 4/7 after the death airs.

Based on the promo I'm guessing Laurel uses the Canary Cry in the lair to kill the Bees either while they're still in Oliver or as they come out of his body after they cut him open?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

So apparently Echo was on the Afterbuzz tv Arrow aftershow and said:   "The calculator might be big on the show soon, oh boy."

It would make sense to me if they did bring back The Calculator this season, because I think part of the reason that Felicity can't trust that Oliver has changed is her abandonment issues form her Dad, as well as his latest betrayal. We also still don't now who he was working for and why, that whole storyline was so damn rushed.

For Oliver and Felicity to reconcile, Felicity needs to move away from her "people don't change" stance and Oliver need to give a big damn gesture to show that he trusts her and prioritises her.

It will be interesting to see Donna's talk with Felicity next week,, though I'm still not sure what Thea is doing at PT with them.

• Love 5