Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I like the hair, veil and makeup in the faux wedding shots.

Whilst I agree that the bodice could be a better fit, the dress itself is inoffensive.

At least she isn't in a full on ballgown. That Toilet Roll Doll aesthetic that many go for is hardly a good look. Though, OK, GI Joe can wear it with attitude.

2645087775_147ee2a535.jpgP1070338.JPG

Personally, I think the ball gown look can be very pretty, as shown by GI Joe, but I feel like one needs the right kind of big puffy wedding to go with it or it overwhelmes. But then I kind of hate the mermaid style of dress that is very in fashion. The simple wedding set up that Oliver and Felicity have here is almost too simple even for the dress she is wearing.

• Love 1

Do they always call all the witnesses? If they did they'd spend days just on the guests from the party.

Considering that Moira's trial for mass murder/terrorism took like a day, when IRL it would literally take, just the trial, probably six months (with actual years of pre-trial stuff leading up to the trial), I'm going to guess this trial will be just as nonsensical.

• Love 1

*sigh* The more I see of this episode the more I really really want to skip it. :(

I'm seriously thinking of skipping :p The trope is too cringeworthy... 

I guess my hiatus has been extended a week! :p Plus next week's episode really does sound awesome

I'm looking forward to 4x17 and 4x18, this episode not so much, But there are a couple reasons I want to watch.

IIRC, 4x16 has new writers and I really want to see what they can do. I figure if they completely embrace the trope it will be in the 'so bad its good' group ala Smallville/Lois & Clark.

• Love 5

Personally, I think the ball gown look can be very pretty, as shown by GI Joe, but I feel like one needs the right kind of big puffy wedding to go with it or it overwhelms. 

Ha! You owe my university a new iMac because I just spewed coffee over mine! Thanks for the laugh!

I understand why a lot of people want to skip this one, but Felicity needs us right now.  I've got her back!  Honestly, I probably watch more for Felicity than I do Oliver these days. I used to love him, but I can't with him when Felicity's mad or hurt because of that doofus. I just watch to make sure she's OK.  I'll be ready to take him back when she is.

• Love 7

I'm seriously thinking of skipping :p The trope is too cringeworthy...

I guess my hiatus has been extended a week! :p Plus next week's episode really does sound awesome

Yeah 417 sounds good. But this fake wedding thing is making me cringe so hard. I'm not even sure why but it really is. Add in courtroom drama that I have absolutely zero interest in, and really I don't have any desire at all to watch this week.

I'll probably watch it eventually. I'm such a completist that it takes a lot for me to skip an episode altogether. I even eventually watched all of season three (though not all in order), and I saved up the Canary trilogy and marathoned it just to get it over with. :( So I'll probably watch this. Eventually. Eventually may not be this week though. Unless the feedback here is better than I expect. :)

• Love 1

There's no way I'm staying away though I won't be able to watch live.  I didn't get my heartache when they broke up.  Need it now. 

It's definitely multiple days in court. 

Thea's outfit in the promo pics:

tumblr_o4eg6fKr551slneb8o10_500.jpg

In the promo she's wearing the same she wears to the wedding:

4x16_zpsjcugutfz.png

So they hang out in the courtroom in the morning and then head over to get "married" in the afternoon?  No wonder the wedding is a bust.  The Groom is not supposed to see the Bride the day of the big event.  Lol.  

• Love 10

Yeah 417 sounds good. But this fake wedding thing is making me cringe so hard. I'm not even sure why but it really is. Add in courtroom drama that I have absolutely zero interest in, and really I don't have any desire at all to watch this week.

I'll probably watch it eventually. I'm such a completist that it takes a lot for me to skip an episode altogether. I even eventually watched all of season three (though not all in order), and I saved up the Canary trilogy and marathoned it just to get it over with. :( So I'll probably watch this. Eventually. Eventually may not be this week though. Unless the feedback here is better than I expect. :)

Is it compulsory for a completist to watch all of the flashbacks, too?  Asking for a #friend.

There's no way I'm staying away though I won't be able to watch live.  I didn't get my heartache when they broke up.  Need it now. 

3003F_zpswrfzgapc.png

I didn't ask for the break up and particularly what led to it, but it damn well better make an emotional impact and I'm counting on this episode to deliver.

• Love 14

Is it compulsory for a completist to watch all of the flashbacks, too?  Asking for a #friend.

Friends don't let friends drive...err...watch flashbacks. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

I love on how most shows, post break-up, the couple would have to pretend to date, but on Arrow they go for the full marriage ceremony. This is going to be painful to watch, and I may skip it.

Arrow: Turning the dial up to eleven since 2012.

• Love 3

I believe there must be Flashbacks, otherwise I have no idea who it is that a friend of mine labelled Boobs McRussian. The fact that my friend is a woman and came up with the moniker said a lot about these mythical Flashbacks to me. *shrug*

Edited by Hipkarma
  • Love 3

If Diggle is called as a witness, surely that means Felicity and Thea will be, too, considering they were also kidnapped by Damien from the Christmas party. I hope so. 

I'm definitely not skipping this episode but I reserve the right to watch the wedding scenes through my fingers. LOL.

Thought you guys might be interested to know that in the last few months, you guys have been averaging 222 posts per day, excluding the episode threads.  More than 90 a day in the Spoiler Discussion thread alone!  

Maniacs! 

Funny-Memes-Excited-10.jpg

2b5839093457016a3a91997988eabce8.jpg

Holy crackers!! so that's why I can't get any work done!

Well that explains it.

• Love 5

Wardrobe, what are you doing?

Unless they're going for the "Felicity and Oliver ran to the nearest bridal rental store and there was no time to make adjustments" look, there's no excuse for the outfits fitting so badly on them both. And Thea's wedding outfit with the coloured top and black skirt looks like she stole it from Moira's mother's closet.

AR416a_0299b_1.max-620x600.jpg

I love how Diggle seems to be smirking at idiot Oliver in this one.

I enjoy how sleezy DD's lawyer looks.

Is that Jason Schombing?  He seems to play sleazy lawyers a lot.

• Love 2

Besides the ill fitting bridal clothes (which are bad), I really want to do something with OQs hair. It looks horrible in those court shots between the length & the styling.

And Thea's wedding outfit with the coloured top and black skirt looks like she stole it from Moira's mother's closet.

It's actually Thea's campaign staffer uniform. She worre the same style to the debate. So I don't take issue with her wearing it to court to project maturity. She wouldn't, or shouldn't, fool no one that it is something she'd wear to her brother's wedding.

• Love 2

I'm definitely not skipping this episode but I reserve the right to watch the wedding scenes through my fingers. LOL.

That's how I plan to get through this.  And keeping myself clear of objects to grasp and throw.

I have a smidge of hope for the next ep because sometimes after the big 'Event' eps, Arrow gives us a character focused ep that ends up being really good. I'm thinking of 3x10, 3x16 and 4x11. Maybe this will follow that pattern. Even if it is full of Cupid (ugh) and fake wedding shenanigans (double-ugh).

I'm still not watching until I read reactions to it though, I'm on a pretty thin line wrt continuing to watch at all (skipped the last 2 - 3 eps before the break - though I watched Felicity bits on YouTube) so I've been trying to avoid seeing stuff that will induce enough rage to make me drop it for good. I don't want to, I've fanned hard for this show since early season 2, but I'm finding it really difficult to care about Oliver thanks to the hospital ditching and BM lying.

I'm also not sure how I feel about LL being in the grave. Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic she'll be gone, but I can't help think it's super gross of the writers to kill off yet another female character. It's just kind of ridiculous at this point. Why couldn't she just move away or something?

• Love 2

Something to look forward to:  From the pictures I can see that Stephen Amell is going to have heart eyes set to stun.  I just hope this situation forces them to have the beginning of some honest conversations and not just some romantic speeches.  

I love that description - "heart eyes set to stun."  It's just so accurate.

My head canon for the loose bodice on Felicity's wedding dress is that she's lost weight since her last fitting due to heartbreak over Oliver's deception and breaking up with him.

Laurel will probably get the credit for successfully convicting Darhk. Then when the head D.A. is killed or otherwise leaves that job, Laurel is offered the position of D.A.

ar416b_0014b.jpg?w=700

ar416a_0028b.jpg?w=700

ar416a_0090b.jpg?w=700

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

SUMMARY OF 416 SPOILERS:

S4, Episode 16: Broken Hearts
-- Production code: 416.  Shoot Dates: Jan. 21 - Feb. 1, 2016.  Director: John Showalter.  Writers: Rebecca Bellotto and Nolan Dunbar.  Airdate: Mar. 23, 2016. (MG tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread, BFS tweet, page 895 of Spoiler Discussion thread, and Hollywood Hills article, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- 416 synopsis: "CUPID RETURNS TO WREAK HAVOC ON STAR CITY – A heartbroken Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) returns to Star City with one goal – to destroy anyone in love. The team learns she’s killing couples on their wedding day so Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) decide to pose as bait. John Showalter directed the episode written by Rebecca Bellotto & Nolan Dunbar (AR416). Original airdate 3/23/16." (ComicBookResources article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 416 promo and extended promo posted. (416 promo and extended promo videos, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- See JackTV 416 promo posted. (JackTV 416 promo video, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 416 video of beginning of Darhk's trial posted. (Nerdist article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 416 sneak peek of Oliver watching Felicity pack up her stuff posted. (TVLine article, page 959 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- See 416 producer's preview posted. This video shows Team Arrow in the Arrowcave and Felicity keeps making this little remarks - for example, when Quentin refers to Cupid's message of "Love is dead", Felicity says something like "maybe she's not so insane after all."  Felicity also says, "Love betrayed her and now she wants to go to war against it."  Thea asks if that makes sense and Felicity answers, "Makes sense to me."  And Oliver gives her a look and say, "okay." WM says that Cupid's journey in a way mirrors that of Oliver & Felicity. Felicity tells the team that she and Oliver are no longer engaged and that she doesn't want to talk about it.  WM says that the whole team has to deal with this issue.  WM also says that this whole episode is framed around the idea of Felicity trying to stay on the team - "she loves being on the team, but how do you work with someone you just broke up with, who's broken your heart, and whose heart you've broken"? (CW_Arrow video, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 416 promo pics posted. (CW Press photo link, page 33 of Spoilers thread, and TVLine photo link, page 956 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- See 416 comic preview posted. (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- 416 dialogue tease: "Really brings a whole new meaning to crazy ex-girlfriend, and you didn’t even get to enjoy the fun parts." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Laurel will be back in court in 416.  (MG tweet, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Laurel, MG: "She's going to prosecute Damien Darhk in 416.  Or try to. ;)." (MG reply tweet , page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Cupid (AG) will appear in 416.  (CBR article, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- Cin tweet, "Broken Hearted..... #Arrow filming scenes with Oliver, Diggle, Willa, Felicity aaaaaand... Cupid today." (Cin@filmsy101 tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- AG: "We re-meet a Cupid who’s kind of given up on love, and believes love leads to inevitable heartbreak and death... She’s now on a mission to save the rest of the world from that... Unfortunately, she has been heartbroken one too many times, and has changed her thoughts and beliefs when it comes to love, and the notion of happily ever after. So she’s targeting celebrity couples as a statement, and to teach the world that love really doesn’t exist." (TheWrap article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- AG: “Cupid is on a mission to stop love... She wants to protect the world from the inevitable pain and heartbreak that comes with love. She is now a believer that love is no longer the cure, love is the disease... She has a long string of heartbreak and has [begun to] target celebrity couples on their wedding days or honeymoons... You know, take ’em out on the happiest moments of their lives.” Given that the Arrow was “in a lot of ways one of her first profound loves,” AG sees Cupid’s return to Star City as the perfect spot to spread the message “that love does not, in fact, exist.”  (TVInsider article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether the wedding ruse will reignite the old Olicity heat, AG: “I think that this episode in particular has a pretty profound effect on where they are, in terms of their relationship and their thoughts on love... They kind of come to some fun, big self-discoveries.” (TVInsider article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)

-- On how Cupid's arrival will affect the Olicity relationship, AG: "I think without knowing it they're already all having some similar thoughts and concerns and questioning the bigger picture of love and meant to be. They are all obviously dealing with it differently. I think for Cupid learning about their relationship, she doesn't know details. She has sort of been witnessing from a distance. I think she sees them as the ideal. If it's going to work, they're the Prince Charming and Cinderella story. But unfortunately, she doesn't believe in that anymore, so they're kind of the ideal target to make this statement to the world. ... Their relationship is in limbo, but there's a lot of things that both parties -- both Cupid and the Olicity love story -- we learn a lot in this episode, and I think it is very profoundly moving and impactful for all involved. I can't tell you how, but there definitely are a lot of realizations that we all have about what is going on, both in our personal lives and in how we interact and where we all are and how our storylines cross in this episode." (IGN article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Curtis (EK) will appear in 416.  (416 extended promo video, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pic of Olicity 'wedding' posted. (MG tweet, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- On the wedding pic, MG: "Not a dream sequence.  Not a hallucination.  Not an alternate reality.  Not a flash forward to a potential future." (MG tweet, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- Canadagraphs: "#Arrow just shot scenes of the Olicity wedding. Episode 416." (Canadagraphs tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- At HVFF-Chicago (on Mar. 13), fan referred to the 416 episode description and asked, on a scale of 1 to 10, how heartbreaking the 'wedding' is going to be and whether Oliver wrote the vows that are going to be used in that 'wedding.'   SA answered "10" and "sure... I can't tell you." (Video of Men of Arrow panel at HVFF-Chicago 2016, page 341 of Social Media thread)
-- ChefB tweet: "@yvrshoots @iAMourCashmier I was there. Wrapped at 1030 and yup a wedding and Cupid." (ChefB@chefbk11 tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- Pics of hotel ballroom and aisle where they filmed the Olicity wedding posted. ((NO)ra tweets, page 837 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- What's Filming tweet (on Jan. 29): "#Arrow setting up in PNE Forum. Saw a 1950s era linens truck /w San Francisco on it. Flashback/Time Travel? Were @ Alsco Linens Wednesday." (WF tweet, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- Taiana (ER) may be in this episode. (ER tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

Episode 416 and/or 417
-- 416 extended promo included shot of Oliver lying shirtless on table in Arrowcave. (416 extended promo video, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Feb. 3, SA tweeted: "It's not a season of Arrow until I'm shirtless on an exam table fighting for my life." (SA tweet, page 866 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

but I can't help think it's super gross of the writers to kill off yet another female character. It's just kind of ridiculous at this point. Why couldn't she just move away or something?

The problem is that the show has set it up so that someone has to die. I'm super uncomfortable with their track record on killing female characters too, but if someone has to die out of the current cast, I'd far rather it be her than someone I actually like. *winces* Sorry.

• Love 18
(edited)

Main Male Characters that have died and stayed dead (regulars and major recurring characters)

Robert Queen, Yao Fei, Fryers, Sebastian Blood, Ra's Al Ghul, Tommy Merlyn, Maseo, Akiko (spelling?), Conklin, Deadshot, DJ DBag, Lucas Hilton, Ivo

Main Male Characters Currently Living

Oliver, Diggle, Roy, Ray, Malcolm, Darhk, Ted Grant, Lance, Reiter, Curtis, Alex, Walter, Anatoly

13/26 = 50% of Main Male Characters killed on Arrow

15/26 - assuming they kill Reiter and Darhk off by end of S4 - 58% dead males

Main Female Characters that have died and stayed dead (regulars and major recurring characters)

Moira, Shado, Isabel, Amanda, Kate Spencer

Main Female Characters Currently Living

Felicity, Thea, Laurel, Sara, Nyssa, Helena, China White, Tatsu, Poppy, Donna, Lyla, Cupid, Dinah, Ruve

5/19 = 26% of Main Female Characters killed on Arrow

If we move Poppy and Laurel to the dead column we end of with 7/19 = 37%.  That's 21% below the amount of main male characters killed off on Arrow through S4

I excluded Paul, Shrapnel, Bronze Tiger, Noah, William, Mei, Carly, Samantha, Johanna, Raisa, Jean Loring, Jessica Dansforth, and the Male and Female Mayors because they really didn't have that big of a role but if you add them back into the mix

Males go to 18/32 - 56% killed off by end of S4

Females go to 7/27 - 26% killed off by end of S4

The Male to Female Ratio is close, the males are still higher than the females but, not by much, IMO.  

Maybe my math is off but, I don't really see this disproportionate amount of Dead, Dead female characters.  

Of the 5 females that died (and stayed dead) Moira sacrificed herself to save Thea, Amanda and Shado were executed, Isabel went out in battle,and Kate Spencer was shot by a Mirakuru Dude.

Of the 13 Males, Tommy died saving Laurel, Robert killed himself to save Oliver and Deadshot died saving Diggle/Lyla/Cupid

Yao Fei and Blood(?) were Executed 

Fryers, Ra's, Maseo, Conklin, and Lucas were killed in battle/fighting

Ivo, Akiko - disease/Injury

DJ Dbag - ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 17

That is what I was saying when people were hoping for a male and for it to be a shocker. That left people wanting Diggle in the grave even though that is not who they wanted in the grave. 

Last season the show killed 4 male recurring characters and if the show would never have came back but ended the same, It would have been 5 to 1 

The problem is how they kill the females-it's for other character's development and not their own journeys. I'm hoping that won't be the case for Laurel.  

• Love 3

I don't think the problem is that females are dying, necessarily. We all know male characters have died on the show. I think it's the way in which they died. Shado, Sara, Waller...they didn't have a chance to defend themselves. Sara's death will forever disgust me, just for the way she didn't go out fighting and then was thrown in the garbage. And then literally stuck in a fridge. Gross.

Edit: Or what @tarotx said. 

Edited by Guest

Honestly, I don't think Waller's death was that problematic. She was killed on her job because of her job. She wasn't used as a pawn like Sara and Shado, and she may not have had a gun to defend herself but she stood firm when she was killed.

• Love 4

Honestly, I don't think Waller's death was that problematic. She was killed on her job because of her job. She wasn't used as a pawn like Sara and Shado, and she may not have had a gun to defend herself but she stood firm when she was killed.

Yes she was killed on the job but she was still captured and had no means to defend herself. That's my point. Otherwise I don't really care about Waller. She was just an example.

Edited by Guest

Main Male Characters that have died and stayed dead (regulars and major recurring characters)

Robert Queen, Yao Fei, Fryers, Sebastian Blood, Ra's Al Ghul, Tommy Merlyn, Maseo, Akiko (spelling?), Conklin, Deadshot, DJ DBag, Lucas Hilton, Ivo

Main Male Characters Currently Living

Oliver, Diggle, Roy, Ray, Malcolm, Darhk, Ted Grant, Lance, Reiter, Curtis, Alex, Walter, Anatoly

13/26 = 50% of Main Male Characters killed on Arrow

15/26 - assuming they kill Reiter and Darhk off by end of S4 - 58% dead males

Main Female Characters that have died and stayed dead (regulars and major recurring characters)

Moira, Shado, Isabel, Amanda, Kate Spencer

Main Female Characters Currently Living

Felicity, Thea, Laurel, Sara, Nyssa, Helena, China White, Tatsu, Poppy, Donna, Lyla, Cupid, Dinah, Ruve

5/19 = 26% of Main Female Characters killed on Arrow

If we move Poppy and Laurel to the dead column we end of with 7/19 = 37%. That's 21% below the amount of main male characters killed off on Arrow through S4

I excluded Paul, Shrapnel, Bronze Tiger, Noah, William, Mei, Carly, Samantha, Johanna, Raisa, Jean Loring, Jessica Dansforth, and the Male and Female Mayors because they really didn't have that big of a role but if you add them back into the mix

Males go to 18/32 - 56% killed off by end of S4

Females go to 7/27 - 26% killed off by end of S4

The Male to Female Ratio is close, the males are still higher than the females but, not by much, IMO.

Maybe my math is off but, I don't really see this disproportionate amount of Dead, Dead female characters.

Of the 5 females that died (and stayed dead) Moira sacrificed herself to save Thea, Amanda and Shado were executed, Isabel went out in battle,and Kate Spencer was shot by a Mirakuru Dude.

Of the 13 Males, Tommy died saving Laurel, Robert killed himself to save Oliver and Deadshot died saving Diggle/Lyla/Cupid

Yao Fei and Blood(?) were Executed

Fryers, Ra's, Maseo, Conklin, and Lucas were killed in battle/fighting

Ivo, Akiko - disease/Injury

DJ Dbag - ??

Sorry, I think we will have to agree to disagree as I don't consider the majority of male characters you have listed to be main characters. And I don't really think villains count since MY main issue is how the show kills off the female protagonists it's had since season 2, often in ways that turns these typically strong characters into victims.

It doesn't matter what a percentage of whatever is, what matters to me is that I've watched a bunch of female characters who were strong and awesome and on the 'right' side (Shado, Sara (x 3!), Moira, Thea and Felicity) be either killed violently or suffer serious lasting injury when the same cannot be said for the male protagonists on the show. I mean, Roy had to get gone but he drove off into a new life. And it ends up being compounded by the fact that these deaths and injuries are used to propel the male character's story. Maybe that doesn't bear out in percentage points, but that's how it feels to me after watching this show for the last several seasons.

I hope they don't do the same thing to LL, and if someone had to go I'm glad it is her, I just can't help that losing another female character makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by GirlvsTV
  • Love 7

Amanda was killed so Lyla can be head of Argus and the show can use Argus the way they want. Amanda did die protecting the program as best she could in that situation. But it was still for another character's gain and/ or plot for the most part. She was shot straight in the head with no remorse by a random male character. 

• Love 2

I also think a subjective difference in the deaths in addition to what has been said is that the majority of the females that have been killed have been friends, family or allies to TA. They are "good guys", so their deaths feel more personal.

It's a superhero/comic show the audience expects the "bad guys" to die, so somehow their deaths don't have the same emotional punch. Therefore technically they do count in the official death count and can be placed in gender categories, but at the end of the day I don't think people care as much about them as we do about characters we've had multiple seasons to connect to. And those multiple season characters in Arrow have been predominantly female. Most of the male deaths have been one and done season characters.

Honestly, I don't understand why Arrow feels the need to kill off so many characters. One of their best written and quality twist to date was keeping Roy alive. I know they want to trim casts and tighten stories, but the need to kill a cast member every year is a little unnecessary in my book. There are other ways to write out characters.

• Love 5

Oliver has closer relationships to women. Shado's and Sara's deaths were the hardest for me as a fellow female. And Thea's issues last year and this year because nothing has been about her really. I don't have issues with Moira's death other than it meant she's not on the show any more. In the end she died doing what she always did in her own way-protect her family. It felt real and true to her character. 

I think the issue is Oliver is the only main character. Everybody else is here to affect his life. Growth for the other characters is so they can keep affecting Oliver's life. 

Who's Lucas Hilton?

Quentin's Partner

• Love 3

I actually think a death needed to happen this season. They need to raise the stakes and remind the audience that death can actually stick. Too many people have come back from the dead on this show, it was starting to get laughable. I also think a mask had to die simply because it's reached the point where they seemed invincible. 

Also, yes, they need to trim the cast to tighten stories/arcs. 

Also just now re-reading my last post, I realize that is why Laurel will be the one to die. She's the outlier in that she's not here to affect Oliver really. But she also doesn't really have her own story any more. The show tried to have two major players but Laurel's journey just feels out of place in Oliver's story. 

• Love 3

Some of the people listed in the percentages above seem to be a real reach to me to call either main or major recurring. Dinah and Quentin's partner, Cupid, China White...none of those are major characters, and I also wouldn't count villains.

For major characters who've died, I'd list Tommy, Moira, and Sara, probably Shado, and soon Laurel. Add near-death experiences and you get Oliver (multiple times), Sara again, Thea, and Felicity. That is a lot more death/near-death for female characters than male characters. I can deal with the ratio so far, but I'd like them to dial back next year. I actually would be fine with no big death next year...it's become inevitable and therefore unsurprising.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

For major characters who've died, I'd list Tommy, Moira, and Sara, probably Shado, and soon Laurel. Add near-death experiences and you get Oliver (multiple times), Sara again, Thea, and Felicity. That is a lot more death/near-death for female characters than male characters. I can deal with the ratio so far, but I'd like them to dial back next year. I actually would be fine with no big death next year...it's become inevitable and therefore unsurprising.

I'd have to include Robert and Yao Fei on that list of people who died because of their strong influence on Oliver's hero journey (mentioned in the honor the dead by fighting scene), even if they weren't in the show much.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3