Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

ETA: How would you guys feel if Quentin finally offed Malcolm next season? I'm really starting to get attached to the idea of Malcolm being taken out by someone normal. It would be the ultimate hit to his ego.

Hmm, I'd be okay with that. And if Quentin kills Malcolm, that's a consequence-free killing, because it'd be a police captain killing a criminal.

I do think it's very likely that Malcolm is the "him" this season, but my main fear is -- he is the "him", and either Oliver is unable to kill him for whatever reason, or worse! Oliver kills Malcolm in the finale, and then next season it turns out Malcolm didn't really die again trolololol because Barrowman.

• Love 3

I don't think it will happen, I think that Arrow prohibits it from happening. Which is sort of odd, one show preventing another to take a certain turn. It boils down the LoT exploits in the past to passing time. Honestly, it would be hilarious if the team went back to that warehouse where Savage was defeated and simply collected his ashes before Malcolm.

ETA: How would you guys feel if Quentin finally offed Malcolm next season? I'm really starting to get attached to the idea of Malcolm being taken out by someone normal. It would be the ultimate hit to his ego.

I don't care who kills him, I just want him dead, D-E-D. Dead :-)

As for Bree Larkin returning, that should be really cool.  I'd love to finally see Felicity and her nemesis face-off in an actual scene together.  

• Love 1

Signs seem to point to Felicity and Thea saving themselves in episode 14. Oliver looks down for the count and the rest of the team plus Lance and Curtis are there in the lair with him when something starts fritzing out. Since it's Bree, I imagine she compromises the lair's grid or something. It could be pretty cool. Even Donna could play a part. She could distract the captors like she did the doctor last year so that Felicity was able to administer the nanites.

Does Bree know that it was Felicity who beat her last year? And wasn't that on episode 18 of The Flash? I guess she keeps track of dates and anniversaries.

• Love 2

Signs seem to point to Felicity and Thea saving themselves in episode 14. Oliver looks down for the count and the rest of the team plus Lance and Curtis are there in the lair with him when something starts fritzing out. Since it's Bree, I imagine she compromises the lair's grid or something. It could be pretty cool. Even Donna could play a part. She could distract the captors like she did the doctor last year so that Felicity was able to administer the nanites.

Does Bree know that it was Felicity who beat her last year? And wasn't that on episode 18 of The Flash? I guess she keeps track of dates and anniversaries.

It was Episode 18 and this will be Episode 17 of Arrow. If I remember correctly Brie Larvan never saw Felicitys face. I want them to come face to face and have a physical fight since we know Felicity can defend herself What I'm craving for EBR to show off some of her skills

• Love 3

I was thinking...if both Oliver and Felicity do end up getting hurt in 4x17...I would be kinda pissed if Curtis is the one that defeats Felicity's nemesis in the end.

That was my first thought when I read the description. I really hope it's at least a collaborative effort. Kinda leaning to this being Curtis' hero defining moment. Hope for the best, expect the worst as they say.

I think the Flash comics season 0 (assuming Brie is the one that sent the Sky Lord robots to kill Felicity) might have alluded to Brie already having a vendetta against Felicity prior to the Flash tv episode for unknown reasons, so it's something more than just being the one who put her in jail.  

Excuse me, a nemesis for felicity, IN FLASH AND NOW ARROW, sorry but and laurel lance/Black canary??I am sure that WM will say that laurel is in the grave, as they could not tell what kind of stories for her

Exactly!

I'll be furious if Thea is even one iota pissy with Felicity. Really furious. And why should Felicity be called out when she did nothing wrong? It doesn't make sense to me that if the complaint is that she doesn't get called out when she does something wrong (which is really fairly rare), the solution is to have another much more wrong character call her out when she DEFINITELY did nothing wrong. Breaking up with Oliver was not wrong and was 100% her choice to make. Thea, on the other hand, should feel like total shit for what she did. It may not be her secret to tell, but it certainly wasn't her secret to encourage keeping. (Also, I think that's bullshit anyway...she should have told Oliver that he had to tell Felicity, SOON, and if he didn't, she would.)

On the other hand if Thea apologizes, I'd love it, bc she rarely does that.

• Love 5

I think the Flash comics season 0 (assuming Brie is the one that sent the Sky Lord robots to kill Felicity) might have alluded to Brie already having a vendetta against Felicity prior to the Flash tv episode for unknown reasons, so it's something more than just being the one who put her in jail.  

I'm kind of hoping it turns out that Brie went to MIT with Felicity.  

• Love 14

I'm kind of hoping it turns out that Brie went to MIT with Felicity.

I like that. It wouldn't be a far stretch.

Thea/Felicity. I would like some acknowledgement from Thea about her part in Olivers lie, just a line or a look would make me happy, but I'm not too hopeful. As long as they interact and actually Team Up, I would be happy.

I hope Donna finds out about Oliver. She has to at this point.

• Love 4

Alright, I might have suggested an idiotic scenario - I do believe that Thea shouldn't even think of being mad at Felicity, yet, it doesn't seem that far off to me as a hypothetical reason for a hypothetical conflict. It's not rational, but sometimes it happens to me that if someone I care about is hurting, I'll get upset with the person I believe responsible for it.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About the 'calling out' part, honestly that's an issue I have as well. And not just related to Felicity, most characters never seem to get called out on anything, except Oliver. So, yeah, maybe not the specific scenario I suggested, but something, whatever, it would be nice.

• Love 2

I hope Donna finds out about Oliver. She has to at this point.

You know, I think she might. When she did the interviews for 414, CR mentioned often how she doesn't know how much Donna would like Oliver if she were to find out the dangers Felicity is in, or something like that. Well, I don't know that she will find out that Oliver is GA, but I'm guessing she'll at least begin to catch upon her daughter's activities when they get attacked. :) Edited by looptab

Per MG, Genesis song for 420 is "Land of Confusion" - here are its lyrics...

I must've dreamed a thousand dreams
Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching feet
They're moving into the street

Now did you read the news today
They say the danger's gone away
But I can see the fire's still alight
There burning into the night

There's too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And not much love to go round
Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

Well this is the world we live in
And these are the hands we're given
Use them and let's start trying
To make it a place worth living in

Ooh, Superman where are you now
When everything's gone wrong somehow?
The men of steel, the men of power
Are losing control by the hour

This is the time, this is the place
So we look for the future
But there's not much love to go round
Tell me why, this is a land of confusion

This is the world we live in

I remember long ago when the sun was shining
Yes, and the stars were bright all through the night
And the sound of your laughter as I held you tight, so long ago

I won't be coming home tonight
My generation will put it right
We're not just making promises
That we know, we'll never keep

Too many men, there's too many people
Making too many problems
Can't you see, this is a land of confusion?

Now this is the world we live in
To make it a place worth fighting for

This is the world we live in
And these are the names we're given
Stand up and let's start showing
Just where our lives are going to

http://www.metrolyrics.com/land-of-confusion-lyrics-genesis.html

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I am a little surprised that Oliver and Felicity might be getting back together so soon in 4x20.  Don't get me wrong - I am absolutely thrilled for them getting back together (as long as Oliver never lies to Felicity ever again).  With the awful BMD, I would have thought the writers would make more of an ordeal after the breakup, but there aren't that many episodes between breakup and make up.  Two episodes sorta Felicity-centric, death, funeral, make up - YAY! - would have thought there would be more to it.  It makes the BMD feel even more stupid and pointless to me - it really should have never happened in the first place.

• Love 1

Is there any actual evidence supporting them getting back together in 4x20? I have seen several people talking about it, but normally it's seen as a parallel to 3x20 or the writers of 4x20. Nothing referencing a spoiler though.

• Love 1

Is there any actual evidence supporting them getting back together in 4x20? I have seen several people talking about it, but normally it's seen as a parallel to 3x20 or the writers of 4x20. Nothing referencing a spoiler though.

I think mostly because the writers of 4x20 are the same ones that did 3x20 and 4x06 - very olicity-centric episodes.  Also, the song lyrics kinda make me think of a fresh start by fixing things or fighting for what they care about which it could be for their relationship or the city or both (although I was never good at interpreting lyrics). 

Edited by ComicFan777

Alright, I might have suggested an idiotic scenario - I do believe that Thea shouldn't even think of being mad at Felicity, yet, it doesn't seem that far off to me as a hypothetical reason for a hypothetical conflict. It's not rational, but sometimes it happens to me that if someone I care about is hurting, I'll get upset with the person I believe responsible for it.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

About the 'calling out' part, honestly that's an issue I have as well. And not just related to Felicity, most characters never seem to get called out on anything, except Oliver. So, yeah, maybe not the specific scenario I suggested, but something, whatever, it would be nice.

I would have been fine with Felicity being called out in 4.06, bc she was kind of a jerk in that episode (I get it, she was tired and stressed, I ain't mad at her for it, but her behavior was not great). But not when she literally did absolutely, utterly, completely, 100% NOTHING wrong. I mean she couldn't have handled that whole thing better. She was PERFECT. She was nice and professional and didn't yell and helped find the dumb kid and hung out with the lying hag who started it all and calmly broke up with Oliver.

Also, and this isn't really in reply to your post so much as a general thing, sure he's hurting, but she is too, maybe even more since this is such a shock and a betrayal, and SHE DID NOTHING WRONG. He, on the other hand, did EVERYTHING wrong. She loves him just as much as he loves her, so they're basically equal on the missing each other thing, but she was lied to and betrayed by him, so really, I'd think she's hurting MORE.

I could understand Thea being sad for her brother, but blaming Felicity, who seriously, could not possibly have been more not-wrong in this whole scenario, at all, in any way, will permanently ruin Thea for me, and I'm already pretty close to that anyway.

(Also, I would never consider one of your posts idiotic, just TBC.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

I frankly read @looptab's post as spitballing ways in whih Thea and Felicity could actually interact, even if it's tense and this being the first thing that popped to mind. On principle, I wouldn't be against them clashing over a hypothetical something.

• Love 3

Yeah, I really don't think O/F will be getting back together in 420. I know there's been some fun fan spec that we'd get another sex scene but I doubt it. I can see them starting to get closer again but I think the last 3 episodes will be all systems go with the HIVE/Genesis plot and trying to stop it tbh. If O/F do get back together this season, it probably won't be until 423, IMO. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I frankly read @looptab's post as spitballing ways in whih Thea and Felicity could actually interact, even if it's tense and this being the first thing that popped to mind. On principle, I wouldn't be against them clashing over a hypothetical something.

I want Felicity to be irritated with Thea, but if Thea is irritated with Felicity for breaking up with Oliver, I'll be furious with Thea. Thea did something wrong. Oliver did something wrong. Samantha did something wrong. MM did something wrong. DD did something wrong. Felicity did NOTHING wrong. I don't think it's going to happen, though. I'm hoping even they realize how bad that would make Thea look, plus didn't she look guilty when Felicity glared at her after finding out Thea knew?

I think they're going to keep glossing over Oliver's, and by extension Thea's, shitty behavior and just not really bring it up. Thea could be at PT for a million reasons, including hoping to talk to Felicity about Felicity's feelings (although I don't love that scenario either, the breakup really ISN'T Thea's business), or just to tell Felicity how sorry Oliver is (since so far he hasn't been capable of doing that himself).

I can live with pretty much any scenario re Thea going to PT, EXCEPT to call out Felicity.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

Per MG, Genesis song for 420 is "Land of Confusion" - here are its lyrics...

I must've dreamed a thousand dreams

Been haunted by a million screams

But I can hear the marching feet

They're moving into the street

Now did you read the news today

They say the danger's gone away

But I can see the fire's still alight

There burning into the night

There's too many men, too many people

Making too many problems

Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

Well this is the world we live in

Ooh, Superman where are you now

When everything's gone wrong somehow?

The men of steel, the men of power

Are losing control by the hour

Oh this so fits, acknowledgment of a call to action of those disillusioned by the sufferings of the world = Andy Diggle.  He feels just as justified in his mission to be a savior to the world (or at least on the team to do so) as Diggle.  Right back to the idea that villains see themselves as the heroes of their own stories.  Andy chilling in the cage is so entrenched in his beliefs that he see his brother and Team Arrow engaging in folly to save a world beyond saving.  He has spared Diggle when given the chance so far, but what will he do if/when forced to choose between his mission/philosophy and Diggle (and by extension Lyla and Sara's)? 

Malcolm wanted to destroy the village to purge the evil (the Glades) out of grief/anger, HIVE wants to the whole enchilada because they are "true believers".  They believe this world is not worth fighting for as it is and must be replaced.  I just don't see how they are going to have the time left to flesh this all out this season.  Malcolm may have wanted the Glades destroyed, but he is not warped idealist sort of the HIVE school and is not likely to be there to help them see their plans come to fruition.  It will be interesting to see this all play out.

Edited by Scribbles
  • Love 1

Quick question: was CR filming only 4x19 or was she around for part of 4x20, too?

Also, didn't Diggle mention in one of his interviews that Andy's SL might roll into season 5, too? 

Edited by ComicFan777

Quick question: was CR filming only 4x19 or was she around for part of 4x20, too?

Also, didn't Diggle mention in one of his interviews that Andy's SL might roll into season 5, too? 

Yes, DR talked about Andy being recurring in S5 as well as S4.

For CR they started filming 420 on Monday.  I haven't been keeping track of CR's coming and goings.  I know she's in 419, don't know about 420 but I thought she was in LA?

• Love 1

I want Felicity to be irritated with Thea, but if Thea is irritated with Felicity for breaking up with Oliver, I'll be furious with Thea. Thea did something wrong. Oliver did something wrong. Samantha did something wrong. MM did something wrong. DD did something wrong. Felicity did NOTHING wrong. I don't think it's going to happen, though. I'm hoping even they realize how bad that would make Thea look, plus didn't she look guilty when Felicity glared at her after finding out Thea knew?

I think they're going to keep glossing over Oliver's, and by extension Thea's, shitty behavior and just not really bring it up. Thea could be at PT for a million reasons, including hoping to talk to Felicity about Felicity's feelings (although I don't love that scenario either, the breakup really ISN'T Thea's business), or just to tell Felicity how sorry Oliver is (since so far he hasn't been capable of doing that himself).

I can live with pretty much any scenario re Thea going to PT, EXCEPT to call out Felicity.

I really can't imagine Thea being angry at Felicity.  I can picture any of the following:

-Thea acting as a go-between about something mission/HIVE related if Oliver didn't want to go to Felicity himself.  I know they work together in the cupid episode, but maybe things that get said there make Oliver feel like he should stay away?  Now sure, in this case it would make more sense for Diggle or even Laurel to go but let's just assume they are both busy for "reasons."

-Thea taking it upon herself to beg Felicity to give Oliver another chance.  It would be nice if Oliver did this but since he's usually the type to just mope, I don't think it's going to happen.

-Thea trying to guilt Felicity into giving Oliver another chance. Similar concept as above but playing up the "he really needs you. it wasn't his fault" angle a bit more.  Not the same as calling her out though because it doesn't blame Felicity - just tries to make Oliver look like a victim.  This is not a good option for me, but I would take it if Thea and Felicity actually got to talk through a) why Thea thought it was ok for her brother to lie when she's gotten ragging mad about that kind of thing in the past and b) why Felicity REALLY broke up with Oliver (which really wasn't the lie - it was him not being "all in" the partnership*).

-Thea wanting to apologize to Felicty and encourage her to give Oliver another chance.  Again, similar to the ones above but this time Thea gets to voice how dumb it was to try to keep a secret when multiple people were finding out about it.

*As I was trying to put into words the real reason Felicity broke up with Oliver - I was debating how out of character this whole BM drama has been for Oliver.  On the one hand, Oliver squeezed out Felicity and Diggle last season as he worked with Malcolm to defeat Ra's. And no matter what his excuse was - I think part of it was because he knew what Felicity would think of that plan.  She made it clear she hated the idea of him working with Malcolm.  So thinking about how often he does listen to Felicity - I wonder if he only does it when he knows she'll agree with him or at least, when he's pretty sure she won't get angry.  Because while Oliver does respect Felicity and does listen to her a lot - he also does shut her out and I wonder if there is an intended (or more likely unintended) pattern to that behavior.

Because while Felicity is not a forensic scientist, I'm pretty sure she could have run that DNA test for Oliver as easily as Barry could.  We've been complaining all along that Oliver could have told Felicity the truth and BM would have never known.  But it's not just the lie - it's that Felicity is NOT the one Oliver turns to first when things get messy.  I've said before the Oliver was already lying to BM when he said he wouldn't tell anyone because Barry already knew.  But what IF Oliver had gone to Felicity over this in the first place?  What if Oliver had told Felicity about what happened with BM when he was in college and he just saw a kid who is old enough to be his and could she run the DNA?  Then Felicity (like Barry) would have already known before BM could make him make that stupid promise. Now sure, that would mean they couldn't engineer the breakup, but I think now that they have the breakup - they should have Oliver realize that he could have turned to Felicity instead of Barry and they'd still be together.

They should also cover the fact that over the course of that episode Oliver apologized to Diggle and got his advice.  Vixen offered him her advice.  And BM told Felicity it was her fault.  But NO ONE actually APOLOGIZED to Felicity or asked her what she thought!!!!  At least, not that I can remember. 

It's a pretty big deal that Oliver could have gone to Felicity at any point in time (prior to the promise, after the promise, or after the reveal) and talked to her about it and he didn't.  That is what Oliver should come to realize, but somehow I doubt he will.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 5

I recall that too and it fits with what they (producers and SA) have said about seasons 1-3 being one book/chapter.  Maybe HIVE is the next multi season thing.  It would explain the slow pace of revealing more about the big HIVE plan.  HIVE has been cooking in the background in some way since the first season.  Diggle's war on Deadshot has come undone this season with the reveal that Deadshot didn't actually kill Andy....

This may be a two year thing.

• Love 3

From what I understand, nobody really apologized to Felicity. Thea flashed her a guilty look, BM said to blame her (which is arguably apology-adjacent), and Felicity told Oliver "You're right, you should have told me," meaning there might have been an offscreen acknowledgment that he should have told her, at least, which is also apology-adjacent.

What a crapfest episode for Felicity. SO glad it's over.

• Love 5

Yeah, I was just spitballing :) But I wouldn't even care whether - suppose Thea - were to be right or wrong. In my head, they discuss things more or less animatedly, and at the end of the day each one of them gets to see and understand the other's POV, and become a little closer in the process. To speak in show's terms, I wouldn't be ok with something like Diggle  telling Felicity that Oliver is freaking out because of Ray Palmer. More something like the Oliver/Felicity discussion in Blast Radius. :) Oliver's accusations weren't really founded - and ok, he was actually jealous - but in the end they came to a better understanding of each other. 

Re: Oliver  and Felicity reconciling, I have no idea when that'll happen, but I know that I don't see a sex scene in the immediate future. We have to take into account Buckles kicking the bucket. Maybe they'll end up in bed, who knows, but I doubt they would do a scene like 320.

(Also, I would never consider one of your posts idiotic, just TBC.)

@AyChihuahua, I didn't think you did :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I really don't want Malcolm to die until the end of the series. IMO, he is still the best villain, because he's so unpredictable. I mean we KNOW he's going to do some kind of crazy shit but we just can't always guess what they will be..(well, I did once but that's beside the point).

I like that Malcolm really does think he's not crazy which makes him even more crazy. His total lack of self-awareness is epic. I hate him but I love to hate him. I think they made a mistake last season with the convoluted manner he became Ra's Al Ghul but he's just straight up BSC and has been all along. I just think he's a fun asshole villain. 

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I really don't want Malcolm to die until the end of the series. IMO, he is still the best villain, because he's so unpredictable. I mean we KNOW he's going to do some kind of crazy shit but we just can't always guess what they will be..(well, I did but that's beside the point).

I like that Malcolm really does think he's not crazy which makes him even more crazy. He's total lack of self-awareness is epic. I hate him but I love to hate him. I think they made a mistake last season with the convoluted manner he became Ra's Al Ghul but he's just straight up BSC and has been all along. I just think he's a fun asshole villain.

The thing is, I'm not sure that the unaware crazyness is intentional. I don't believe they are deliberately writing him that way. they just write whatever they can come up with, with not much of a bigger picture of the character in mind. IMO:

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

I kinda hope nobody ever mentions the baby mama drama ever again. I'm willing to trade Oliver not apologizing to Felicity ever for that, even.

I don't think he will apologize. I think that would be too big an acknowledgment that the "hero" behaved like a total douche. Really think they're just going to have him say and show that he wants to be a true/good partner to her. At most he may say he wants to do better, be better (again, apology-adjacent). 

I can live with that. (TBC, I hate it, but I can live with it if we forever move on from this clusterf### of a storyline.)

• Love 3

I just want Thea to go to PT to have lunch with the Smoak women. They have been a team and kind of a family. Oliver doesn't need to be the reason they are together.

That would be great, actually.

• Love 1

I know I'm in the minority on this one but I really don't want Malcolm to die until the end of the series. IMO, he is still the best villain, because he's so unpredictable. I mean we KNOW he's going to do some kind of crazy shit but we just can't always guess what they will be..(well, I did once but that's beside the point).

I like that Malcolm really does think he's not crazy which makes him even more crazy. His total lack of self-awareness is epic. I hate him but I love to hate him. I think they made a mistake last season with the convoluted manner he became Ra's Al Ghul but he's just straight up BSC and has been all along. I just think he's a fun asshole villain. 

I do want Malcolm to die because he's done some truly horrific things and gets away with it because he's blood 'family.' Allowing him to be in their lives just makes everyone look like idiots tbh. But I actually don't think they're going to kill him off. As long as they start treating him like an actual villain again and not some misguided hero, I can deal with that for now.

But he does need to get it by series end, preferably via sword through his neck. I'm not too fussy actually. Haha.

• Love 2

I don't think he will apologize. I think that would be too big an acknowledgment that the "hero" behaved like a total douche. Really think they're just going to have him say and show that he wants to be a true/good partner to her. At most he may say he wants to do better, be better (again, apology-adjacent).

I think they might do a vague apology without mentioning the BMD. An "I'm sorry I made a mess of things" kind of line, without specifics.

But I'm willing to skip the apology entirely if nobody on this show ever again mentions what happened, or refers to BM or demon spawn. I want everyone to get selective amnesia about this. "Why did Felicity break up with Oliver?" "He lied." "About what?" "Oh, funny, I can't remember, but it was something big." "Right."

• Love 11

I think they might do a vague apology without mentioning the BMD. An "I'm sorry I made a mess of things" kind of line, without specifics.

But I'm willing to skip the apology entirely if nobody on this show ever again mentions what happened, or refers to BM or demon spawn. I want everyone to get selective amnesia about this. "Why did Felicity break up with Oliver?" "He lied." "About what?" "Oh, funny, I can't remember, but it was something big." "Right."

Add in a "Thank GOD he learned never ever ever ever ever to do that again!" and I'd make that deal, too.

I can imagine them never giving an apology - after all, it's been a month by the time they come back.  An apology coming out now would seem kinda insincere.  I would think...wow, it took you a month to actually feel sorry!

I do want Malcolm to die because he's done some truly horrific things and gets away with it because he's blood 'family.' Allowing him to be in their lives just makes everyone look like idiots tbh. But I actually don't think they're going to kill him off. As long as they start treating him like an actual villain again and not some misguided hero, I can deal with that for now.

But he does need to get it by series end, preferably via sword through his neck. I'm not too fussy actually. Haha.

I never said to never kill him. Just do it at the end of the series.  I am well aware of all of Malcolm's shit. In fact, I frequently point out all the shitty things he's done. Like every single one of the them. 

But as the saying goes, you can't have a good hero story without a good villain and I think Malcolm is a good villain.

Malcolm sinking the Queen's Gambit started started all of Oliver's misery in the first place.  Maybe Oliver and Thea could kill him together.  Or they do a 'Murder on the Orient Express" thing where everyone has a shot at him. So killing him at the end is symmetry for me. It book ends the series.

• Love 4

I can imagine them never giving an apology - after all, it's been a month by the time they come back.  An apology coming out now would seem kinda insincere.  I would think...wow, it took you a month to actually feel sorry!

I think an apology can be made part of getting back together, not as a delayed reaction, but as part of making up. If Oliver apologizes out of nowhere next week then it's weird. If they're talking and reconnecting so they get back together and Oliver apologizes during that talk, it makes sense.

I still think it's gonna be super vague. Or Oliver will start saying sorry and Felicity will interrupt and ask to leave the past in the past, or something else clichéd that buries storylines six feet under for my personal enjoyment.

• Love 3

I never said to never kill him. Just do it at the end of the series.  I am well aware of all of Malcolm's shit. In fact, I frequently point out all the shitty things he's done. Like every single one of the them. 

Uh...I never actually said you weren't aware? I was just adding on top of your comment, you know, to discuss. I wasn't attacking you or your opinion.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Malcolm himself isn't even the problem in my opinion. It's the way the show treats the character, making everyone else dumber so Malcolm can stick around. A good chunk of season three's missteps happened because they had to keep Malcolm around; Oliver's stupidity, poor Thea being manipulated and taken advantage of by someone she arguably should not give a shit about even if he is her biological father, even Roy defended working with him at one point. Felicity's distaste for Malcolm is pretty much the only thing about his interactions with the rest of the cast that makes sense to me. 

• Love 17

Malcolm himself isn't even the problem in my opinion. It's the way the show treats the character, making everyone else dumber so Malcolm can stick around. A good chunk of season three's missteps happened because they had to keep Malcolm around; Oliver's stupidity, poor Thea being manipulated and taken advantage of by someone she arguably should not give a shit about even if he is her biological father, even Roy defended working with him at one point. Felicity's distaste for Malcolm is pretty much the only thing about his interactions with the rest of the cast that makes sense to me. 

Oh see, I totally disagree that they had to write Oliver stupid to keep Malcolm. IMO everything they did with Malcolm was to give rise to Laurel as BC.  I think he was actually the plot device here. 

• Love 2