Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm waiting for the surprise surprise, the fake wedding ends with them really married LOL

It wouldn't work like that IRL, but with this show, who the hell knows.

I think it'll be interrupted prior to even in-show completion, though.

I love how we specced this, but it seemed like a ginormous flag that there are no guests, and surely Cupid would sense a trap if there are no guests. I guess she IS Oliver and son-levels of dumb!

• Love 2
(edited)

It wouldn't work like that IRL, but with this show, who the hell knows.

I think it'll be interrupted prior to even in-show completion, though.

I love how we specced this, but it seemed like a ginormous flag that there are no guests, and surely Cupid would sense a trap if there are no guests. I guess she IS Oliver and son-levels of dumb!

I doubt they'd want to endanger civilians (considering LL is in court, Diggle/Thea are probably there or hiding in order to get to Cupid). I'm just going to headcanon the lady officiating them is ARGUS or something. Yep. 

Plus, I doubt Oliver/Felicity have many friends outside the team/ The Flash team haha

BTW i just looked up thise writers and they're total noobs. I really wonder if this episode will be good or horribly, horribly bad

Either way it's going to be entertaining! I have my popcorn ready :D

Edited by wonderwall

I doubt they'd want to endanger civilians (considering LL is in court, Diggle/Thea are probably there or hiding in order to get to Cupid). I'm just going to headcanon the lady officiating them is ARGUS or something. Yep. 

I absolutely get why they don't have guests. I don't get why Cupid doesn't think "Hmm, no guests at an otherwise formal wedding, and I've been murdering couples at their weddings...I WONDER if this is a trap?"

Felicity's a well-known billionaire CEO and Oliver was a budding politician. If they had brains in their heads they'd have tons of guests. Not inviting important people to important people's weddings is a good way to lose out on future business with those important people. They would have had quite a guest list. But they certainly would have had SOME guests, and those chairs were empty. 

• Love 2

I absolutely get why they don't have guests. I don't get why Cupid doesn't think "Hmm, no guests at an otherwise formal wedding, and I've been murdering couples at their weddings...I WONDER if this is a trap?"

Felicity's a well-known billionaire CEO and Oliver was a budding politician. If they had brains in their heads they'd have tons of guests. Not inviting important people to important people's weddings is a good way to lose out on future business with those important people. They would have had quite a guest list. But they certainly would have had SOME guests, and those chairs were empty. 

It could be that the public Oliver and Felicity, after hearing that there is a serial killer out attacking couples on their wedding days and after recovering from a kidnapping from a magical domestic terrorist and after being attacked the same night that they got engaged, would not want to take any chances and have a very private wedding with just the two of them to get through it together before something else bad happens to them, but that's just me trying to defend Cupid's judgment...

The staged wedding plot line is definitely falling under "so bad, it's good" for me. I am curious as to whose idea it will be though.

Same, I can't help but be excited to see what goes down. If the writers want to avoid making this plot completely cruel instead of just indirectly, they'll make the plan Felicity's. Honestly, I can't picture anyone else actually standing up and coming up with that plan, but I've been surprised before. To me, Oliver wouldn't agree to this plan otherwise unless it were Felicity's plan or if Felicity immediately jumps on the idea to support it. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I mean, it's bad because they probably could've had a couple of ARGUS agents pose as bait, if they wanted to, especially as Lyla's in charge now. Having it be Olicity is so contrived. But it's also good because I get to look at their faces while they have to pretend to get married all the while knowing that they both really wanted nothing more before it got ruined by lies. And I really like their faces when they gaze at each other. LOL.

Either way, low expectations. I've never really liked the Cupid episodes anyway. They tend to be OTT and cheesy.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

I think it sounds awful, and I usually like the Cupid episodes. Or rather..I like Cupid. Both her episodes so far have had other storylines that I didn't care for. Anyway. If it weren't for being curious about what Malcolm's going to do to Damien, I actually think I would skip this one. :(

• Love 1

LMAO so it just had to be Oliver and Felicity posing as a married couple. Had to be! Hahaha. That sounds terrible and funny and I'm totally gonna watch.

This predictable show why couldn't it be Diggle and Laurel? They have being pushing that "friendship" pretty much all season but when they need a fake marriage it just has to be the 2 who just broke up. Sometimes regardless of how much I like Oliver, Felicity and this show I just want to scream GET A DAMN CLUE AND DO BETTER SHOW, DO BETTER!!

That's way too close to Smallville for my liking, haha.

What happened on Smallville I never finished the series? Thanks.

(edited)

Ooookay. Wow. Never would have guessed that. Mind Blown. I'm shocked.

Yeah, I'm going with so bad it's good. Hopefully? I'll tune in just to check out the writers.

Surprised there is no mention of DD and Laurel. Question for people who may know. Do you think they will hold off on releasing the description for 4x19 till after 4x18 airs?

Edited by Chaser

Ooookay. Wow. Never would have guessed that. Mind Blown. I'm shocked.

Yeah, I'm going with so bad it's good. Hopefully? I'll tune in just to check out the writers.

Surprised there is no mention of DD and Laurel. Question for people who may know. Do you think they will hold off on releasing the description for 4x19 till after 4x18 airs?

No but they'll make it vague and short. You should see the episode descriptions for The Walking Dead, they're a single sentence (if you're lucky)
  • Love 1

This predictable show why couldn't it be Diggle and Laurel?

(snip)

What happened on Smallville I never finished the series? Thanks.

Cupid knows Dig and Lyla are married.

Zatanna sent the gang some magic champagne, they all went crazy and had a ~night of adventures, and everyone woke up with no memory of what had happened. "The Hangover" ripoff, basically. After they piece everything together, it turned out Chloe and Ollie got married.

• Love 1

Zatanna sent the gang some magic champagne, they all went crazy and had a ~night of adventures, and everyone woke up with no memory of what had happened. "The Hangover" ripoff, basically. After they piece everything together, it turned out Chloe and Ollie got married.

Didn't the Hangover premiered well after that episode aired?

Thanks. Yeah I remembered after you said she knows that she and Deadshot were with them on that assignment to save the Senator. Hell anyone else then but I guess the show has to and really wants to use Oliver and Felicity (imagine that lol).

(edited)

She's not the only one. How do we know they're ot filming?

SA mentioned it on facebook.

After 88 episodes and over 700 days of production, Arrow finally called an insurance day (Day Off!) on account of the Great Set Flu of 2016. Not me though. Got up early, worked out, had a Belgian ale with lunch and spent the afternoon versing my daughter in the arts of parkour. Best I can tell, the days only half done.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

This is all hilarious to me. What did fandoms do before social media and the internet? What a time to be alive!

I tried to talk with co-workers and they just told me to get back to work. It was lonely and sad. It was the darkest timeline.

• Love 13

This is all hilarious to me. What did fandoms do before social media and the internet? What a time to be alive!

We were genuinely shocked by things that happened as we watched? LOL. Reminds me of when I used to watch ER and didn't do spoilers (or even Internet) and I remember screaming out loud at a few things that happened because I just had no clue what to expect. I actually miss that feeling sometimes. Wow, I'm old. Haha.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe she was, maybe she wasn't. If she was (which I lean towards), it puts those tweets with EBR in a new light.

How could she not know they weren't filming?

Because she doesn't work there anymore! I mean, if Friday was really her last day, she wouldn't be up-to-date on what's going on on set.

Edited by lemotomato

Because she doesn't work there anymore! I mean, if Friday was really her last day, she wouldn't be up-to-date on what's going on on set.

I'll rephrase. If she didn't know that they weren't filming, then she probably never talked to EBR today. Which makes those tweets interesting.

• Love 1

I'll rephrase. If she didn't know that they weren't filming, then she probably never talked to EBR today. Which makes those tweets interesting.

Maybe they didn't talk about work out of respect for KC's feelings? Or maybe EBR wasn't supposed to be on set today so she didn't know either.

• Love 1

The episode description reminds me of every fanfic pretending to be a couple trope that I love and would have loved to have seen on this show two years ago. Before Oliver and Felicity got together. Now it's just cruel for them to do this, and not just to the fans, but also for the characters. 

Felicity doesn't deserve this (unless it was her idea), she doesn't deserve to be lied to for months and then forced to offer support to the woman who made her fiance lie to her, and then be forced to pretend to get married. I am really hoping this show handles this episode right, because it could come off as mocking fanfic/fandoms... 

• Love 14

I do remember excitedly getting the newspaper's weekly TV guide and immediately turning to see the blurb for Lois & Clark every week. I think Roswell was my first online fandom. 

Anyhoo, I read EBR's tweet about KC. I didn't take away that it had anything to do with filming or being on set. Did I miss something? I thought it was about Skyping. Which is totally a thing that would/could happen if KC was no longer employed by Arrow. 

• Love 3
(edited)

When I first saw that, I just figured "Oh KC, you tried" because I thought she was trying to imply she was at work...

But if I were desperately looking for clues that she isn't in the grave, I could also see this as some hope. KC didn't claim the photo to be new or to be at work, she just said this is her office, present tense, which can give people some hope. 

Does that sort of make sense? IDK lol I'm just really tired haha

Edited by wonderwall

I just find it weird that EBR wouldn't mention that they weren't filming that day due to a super flu bug. Apparently that doesn't happen offen and KC worked with those guys for 4 years.

Also IDK why I'm so sure that this wedding/ruse idea is Felicity's. She's the kind of person to put her feelings and her life second when it comes to saving the city so it would definitely be in character. 

• Love 12

When I first saw that, I just figured "Oh KC, you tried" because I thought she was trying to imply she was at work...

But if I were desperately looking for clues that she isn't in the grave, I could also see this as some hope. KC did say that this is her office, meaning she's still working there and also took the day off too but wanted to post about her 'office' which is still her 'office' even though she's not working today.

Does that sort of make sense? IDK lol I'm just really tired haha

Do you still think she's dying and it's just an old pic or do you think we were wrong?

I just find it weird that EBR wouldn't mention that they weren't filming that day due to a super flu bug. Apparently that doesn't happen offen and KC worked with those guys for 4 years.

I never really thought she'd be the kind of person to mention a day off. She seems like the kind of person who only comes on to post weird random things and not about her life/vacations etc.

Do you still think she's dying and it's just an old pic or do you think we were wrong?

Oh no I definitely think LL is dead :p Unless the show is trolling us HARD (which I severely doubt), she's gone. 

• Love 2

Also IDK why I'm so sure that this wedding/ruse idea is Felicity's. She's the kind of person to put her feelings and her life second when it comes to saving the city so it would definitely be in character. 

Also, as iffy the writers are about Oliver's characterization, I don't think he's the kind of person to push Felicity into this situation after having lying to her for months. He's a dummy, but he's a dummy who cares A LOT about Felicity.

• Love 11

Also, as iffy the writers are about Oliver's characterization, I don't think he's the kind of person to push Felicity into this situation after having lying to her for months. He's a dummy, but he's a dummy who cares A LOT about Felicity.

He's also a dummy who would say his real wedding vows at a fake wedding with his dumb SA face because he feels like he'll never be able to say them in reality, very much in character for Oliver actually. 

• Love 23

He's also a dummy who would say his real wedding vows at a fake wedding with his dumb SA face because he feels like he'll never be able to say them in reality, very much in character for Oliver actually. 

If anyone can make this episode NOT DUMB it's EBR/SA. I hope they act the hell out of that scene so it doesn't fall flat. Who am I kidding? They're them. They'll knock it out of the park. 

But yeah, that sounds heartbreaking :( Poor Oliver, maybe he thinks it's the only time he'll be able to tell her his vows so he just goes for it :(((

• Love 14
(edited)

...maybe he thinks this is his chance to save the city and his relationship by letting her know through his vows that he will always fight for them with everything he's got because he believes in their relationship...

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 4
(edited)

I know that the actors have mentioned that the death is going to be very sad, but I can't help get the feeling...Ding Dong the witch is dead!...from all the olicity social media hoopla going on...

I think you probably meant to say: Ding Dong Buckles Gone!

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

If anyone can make this episode NOT DUMB it's EBR/SA. I hope they act the hell out of that scene so it doesn't fall flat. Who am I kidding? They're them. They'll knock it out of the park. 

But yeah, that sounds heartbreaking :( Poor Oliver, maybe he thinks it's the only time he'll be able to tell her his vows so he just goes for it :(((

Yeah, if anything, I feel like this is supposed to be heartbreaking for both of them. Oliver is going to miss what might have been and start running his mouth before he can stop it, and Felicity is shooting herself in the foot with her own plan feelings-wise, believing that they can push their feelings aside for the mission but being completely mistaken.

Maybe, like all of the Olicity moments from 409-414,  it'll make me forget the details of why they are broken up and just make me focus on the basic facts and feelings of them being broken up and brokenhearted, which I would be ok with until we need to get to the reasoning of them getting back together.

• Love 9
(edited)

Oliver's first I love you was a ruse, but real.

And, now his vows are a ruse, but real.

Seriously, he really needs to get his head out of his ass and find another way of doing things.  Geesh!

At least their first orgasm wasn't fake??? I guess?

Too much? 

I'll see myself out. This is what happens when I'm sleep deprived. I apologize.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10