Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I just find it odd. cause usually when someone hacks a twitter or facebook account they post unrelated spam..

Maybe he's just drunk?

Or, now that laurel is Dead he just doesn't care what the other ship thinks.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 4

Not trying to imply anything but it's interesting that Stephen and Emily have started interacting again on social media. Wonder if it's just coincidence or because they haven't been working as much together anymore.

It's weird to me, the same week KC leaves, the same week OTA interact more... It can't be that they have more scenes together because they had a lot of scenes together in 4A and didn't interact nearly enough... At least, I don't think it's because of the more on screen interactions...

Maybe these are all weird coincidences. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Just defended Sara being a hero in the Gail tweet thread thing after I said BOP should be Sara, Felicity and Helena and this woman reply's to me:

"not for me...I don't forget her trying to kill Roy and don't think the Pit/Death changed how she was in her bones"

I'll let you all guess why I shared this with you all..

Edited by foreverevolving
(edited)

Just defended Sara being a hero in the Gail thread thing after I said BOP should be Sara, Felicity and Helena and this woman reply's to me:

"not for me...I don't forget her trying to kill Roy and don't think the Pit/Death changed how she was in her bones"

"HOW SHE WAS IN HER BONES"

I SPIT OUT MY DRINK lmfao

Also didn't Laurel also almost kill the Komodo for killing Sara? I mean............

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Just defended Sara being a hero in the Gail tweet thread thing after I said BOP should be Sara, Felicity and Helena and this woman reply's to me:

I'll let you all guess why I shared this with you all..

You know, I'll never understand how many people think characters should remain stagnant and how they were one time is how they'll be forever. Yes, Sara wanted to kill Roy because he was a threat. But she could have evolved from that assassin mentality. Personally that was something I actually wanted to watch, seeing Sara change and start to believe that she wasn't a killer anymore and that she could be a hero. I'm glad she's getting that development on LoT but that potential could have been seen on Arrow and was sacrificed for that ridiculous BC arc instead. 

(edited)

It's weird to me, the same week KC leaves, the same week OTA interact more... It can't be that they have more scenes together because they had a lot of scenes together in 4A and didn't interact nearly enough... At least, I don't think it's because of the more on screen interactions...

Maybe these are all weird coincidences. 

I think that we are seeing more of OTA interaction over social media because people are kinda bummed with the storylines right now.  Olicity is currently over and lack of Diggle lately - I think it is a way for them to try to keep the audience's spirits up during the hiatus.  I think that OTA and olicity is probably some of the biggest draws to the show, so their interactions galvanize viewer support when things are down right now - at least that is what it seems like to me. I don't think it has to do with KC leaving.  The real OTA friendship outside of the show makes OTA special, so it does lighten things a bit.

Edited by ComicFan777

I don't want Laurel on LoT.  KC can play her and Sara's great-grandmother or something, but no Laurel.

And I am a Black Canary fan and like Laurel in season one. She lost me in season two but I've been wanting her to win me back over for awhile now. But the best I can manage is indifference.  I'm just over the character.

There's about a dozen DC women I'd want to see cast and played by even so-so actresses before I'd want Laurel on LoT.

• Love 4

Re: Ben Sokolowski's tweet about Olicity vs Lauriver-- if Laurel gets killed, and the possibility of Lauriver disappears forever, the writers don't have to pretend to be impartial anymore, right? 

• Love 2

Re: Ben Sokolowski's tweet about Olicity vs Lauriver-- if Laurel gets killed, and the possibility of Lauriver disappears forever, the writers don't have to pretend to be impartial anymore, right? 

After Lauriver is buried, do you think the writers would throw in a new character next season to mess with olicity since there are two more seasons left?  Just because they like drama...

Pretty much. I still think it was weird though and kind of unnecessary. Riling up the fanbase on both sides is never gonna end well. LOL. I saw his tweet and cringed so hard. 

(edited)

Pretty much. I still think it was weird though and kind of unnecessary. Riling up the fanbase on both sides is never gonna end well. LOL. I saw his tweet and cringed so hard.

It does make me wonder though if this is Ben's way to passive-aggressively respond to all of the hateful tweets the writers and EPs have gotten after the news of them potentially killing Laurel broke. Considering that people have tweeted some pretty shitty things directly to them, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 4
(edited)

After Lauriver is buried, do you think the writers would throw in a new character next season to mess with olicity since there are two more seasons left?  Just because they like drama...

I doubt it. They've already stalled Olicity twice with 3rd parties-- Sara in 2B and Ray in season 3. After the mess that was Ray/Felicity, I doubt they're going to try again.

Have they ever really been impartial though? Seems like there were very fewOliver/Laurel hints after S1.

There were still Oliver/Laurel hints up until the end of season 2, when Oliver and Laurel tried to take out Brother Blood's lair, and Sara's parting words to Laurel being "Ollie needs you." I don't think the L/O hints stopped until Kreisberg left the show.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Hi guys

Given that there are spoiler elements to Gail Simone's tweets about Arrow, you can discuss them here rather than the media thread.

However, any talk of Laurier or Olicity fans or fan wars is going to result in the Mod Hammer. The posts in the thread above are the OK way to talk about pairings (ie, how the show and its writers treat pairings). Some of the stuff in the Media thread is NOT.

• Love 3

It does make me wonder though if this is Ben's way to passive-aggressively respond to all of the hateful tweets the writers and EPs have gotten after the news of them potentially killing Laurel broke. Considering that people have tweeted some pretty shitty things directly to them, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Could be. I wouldn't be surprised either. But I still don't like it. I kind of feel like we're being mocked. He needs to step away from his computer! Haha.

There were still Oliver/Laurel hints up until the end of season 2, when Oliver and Laurel tried to take out Brother Blood's lair, and Sara's parting words to Laurel being "Ollie needs you."

But stacking that up against all the dozen Olicity moments in S2, there really wasn't much hinting at O/L in comparison. I think it might have seemed that way to a lot of people because people expected that TPTB weren't going to deviate from canon, but when you look at the actual proof, there wasn't much there in terms of Lauriver--especially since they were pretty much screaming at each other throughout most of S2.

Now that Laurel is supposedly going to die (still not counting unhatched chickens and all) I don't suspect that they'll bring in another potential love interest just yet. Heck, they haven't even allowed Oliver and Felicity to be happy together for more than a third of a season. Considering the positive response they've gotten so far in the media I doubt the show is anxious to rock that boat. When people stop talking about Olicity is when I think we can panic.

• Love 9

This was me when I saw those tweets

5aa5d6321cf7e5c16bef7f4ae6644980.jpg

• Love 2

This was me when I saw those tweets

5aa5d6321cf7e5c16bef7f4ae6644980.jpg

Haha. Same. I'm still cringing because it's still going on and I'd like it to stop now. I don't know what he's trying to do. 

(edited)

Wow. What is going on?

Who is he trolling?

He very oddly posted out of the blue that he loved Olicity and when asked by his fellow writers if he'd been hacked, said, nope, it was a genuine expression of love.  And then went on to request a poll of who you like more, Olicity or Lauriver (retweeting one and liking the other)  Now there's something about a race to reach 1500 (Olicity is at 1200 and Lauriver at 200)  It's like he's pitting fans against each other. 

And from the above link now he's expressing his Lauriver love?

It's weird. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Wouldn't she have a guest trailer already?

It's weird, she didn't post about a trailer before, so it must mean she's moved into a new one. She seems really proud of it. Either that or Mama Smoak is going to be on the show more often...

• Love 2

I doubt it, given her staus as 2nd lead and stuff, KC Would have had a top of the line trailer.

It just seems so surreal that Laurel isn't going to be on Arrow anymore and someone taking over KCs trailer would've made it even moreso which is why I wanted to know :p It's like pinch me is this real?

Another theory has come up about Ben's sudden "I ❤️ Olicity!" tweet. (Which was also followed up with "The I ❤️ Olicity tweet was how I felt in the moment") Maybe he wrote 420 and they're prepping the script for filming and there's going to be a big Olicity moment in the episode? 

• Love 9

It does look like they ripped a name off. It's possible they rotated trailers.

I don't understand those tweets. To rub salt in the wound? To mock all fans?

It does feel like something is going on. I'm pretty sure SA and EBR have exchanged more tweets in the last week than they have in a year. I thought maybe RL shippers made it awkward but now I'm thinking it was KC.

• Love 6

This is very weird. The timing of everything especially. I've never seen the writers so obvious before, at least not on social media.

For the fifth time today I'm asking, what is happening?! LMAO. And please stop. Thank you.

Am I just completely naive to think there's a good chance they are just plain happy she's gone? Writing for her character had to suck, she sucked at filming, especially stunts, which was her main function now, and she's possibly a bit unprofessional. I mean, it's not like they could have been told to say good things about her, considering Guggie pretty much publicly stated that, if she's gone, it wasn't her choice. 

• Love 8

Very weird. If there is some shade being thrown, I would assume it's because KC has left the building. If it's not intentional shade - alcohol? Lots of alcohol. That's all I've got.

(For the past 3 weeks, I've been sitting in a hotel conference room with actors while we try to negotiate a contract. It was just staff today, and by around 2:30, a bunch of us began to lose it. Stress and stir craziness is real, ya'll. Maybe the Arrow writers are feeling the same thing.)

• Love 13

Very weird. If there is some shade being thrown, I would assume it's because KC has left the building. If it's not intentional shade - alcohol? Lots of alcohol. That's all I've got.

(For the past 3 weeks, I've been sitting in a hotel conference room with actors while we try to negotiate a contract. It was just staff today, and by around 2:30, a bunch of us began to lose it. Stress and stir craziness is real, ya'll. Maybe the Arrow writers are feeling the same thing.)

color me intrigued about these negotiations!

• Love 2

I've followed Ben S., and he's always been super friendly and down to earth--I've seen him chat about baseball at length with Arrow fans--and I don't think he's making fun of anyone, although I suppose he might have snapped if he got one too many hate mentions.  It's possible he's drunk, but if he's sober I don't think he's being cruel, at least to the Olicity fandom.

I will be really interested to see if Laurel's leaving releases all this pent-up Olicity love from cast, crew, and even the CW PR.  They may have been limited by the fact that they were contractually obligated to do promotion for their "female lead"--or at least not do more promotion for another actress--and with those bonds gone, they may go a little nuts. This could be fun.

• Love 8

The writers are really getting close to the end of their writing for the season.  I mapped this out in the Social media thread as well but we know they are filming 19 which means 20 is already done and being prepped for production so the script for 21 has likely reached at least a first or second draft and per that essay on The Eleven Laws of Showrunning, 22 would have already reached outline stage (so they'd know what basically happens in each act) and 23 would already be on the writer's room board and the writers trying to figure it out. 

So the weird reactions from the writers could be based on just about anything happening from now until the end.  I'll be keeping my eye out for which writers are doing which of the remaining scripts. 

• Love 2

Currently the credits are: SA, KC, DR, WH, EBR. It probably will continue to be in that order, just minus KC.

Makes sense I have no complaints with however they do the credits for Season 5

• Love 1

A fan said that Catwoman was better than Arrow because at least they didn't kill off an iconic comic superhero, BS replied that it temporary killed Berry's career.

Did he kind of/sort confirm LL is in the grave? At the very least he made no attempts to deny it.

• Love 2

If I worked for the show, I wouldn't deny anyone's death aside from Oliver's and Felicity's, since it's been shown on screen that they live. Everybody else's fate is supposed to be up in the air at this point.

• Love 2

Maybe deny isn't the right word.

If I still cared, I would have responded with a "Who's dead? Who did we kill?" Challenge the assumption they know what is going to happen.