Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Lily Marshall is a name on one of the headstones. My first throught was they buried HIMYM.

It really seems like MM takes over the big bad for the season. If he doesn't die after everything then there really is no point. I can't figure out what DD is going to do or what happens with him.

• Love 1

I thought of HIMYM too.

Maybe DD goes into hiding after he gets beaten up in prison to plot his revenge. MM becomes the Big Bad for this season, gets killed off in the finale, and DD emerges with new powers just in time for the hiatus.

• Love 1

Oh, she is second-billed? Yep; totally safe.

David Caruso, Shannen Doherty, Charlie Sheen, Valerie Harper, Lisa Bonet, and a host of other leads who were fired would beg to differ.  Regardless of the length of their contracts, these people are at will employees, which means they're locked into their contracts for as long as the studio/production company wants them to be, but the studio can fire them whenever they please. 

At this point, given everything we know, I will eat my hat if it's not Laurel. As Morrigan said at few pages ago, Oxcam's Razor and all that.

• Love 11

David Caruso, Shannen Doherty, Charlie Sheen, Valerie Harper, Lisa Bonet, and a host of other leads who were fired would beg to differ. Regardless of the length of their contracts, these people are at will employees, which means they're locked into their contracts for as long as the studio/production company wants them to be, but the studio can fire them whenever they please.

At this point, given everything we know, I will eat my hat if it's not Laurel. As Morrigan said at few pages ago, Oxcam's Razor and all that.

Not to mention actors who ask to be let out of their contracts, are fired due to feuds with producers, or are just plain done once their contract has ended(Crystal Reed, Patrick Dempsey, Katherine Heigl, Nina Dobrev). Where your name appears in billing does in no way guarantee your safety.

• Love 4

I don't know if the story about part of the reason KC is being written out is because of issues on the set and feuds with castmates is true,  but nobody looks really sad in those pictures. The expression on DR's face in particular is hilarious. He looks like the proverbial cat who ate the canary.

My guesses
1. Arrow will shoot various scenes; featuring different cast members; therefore the death will be uncertain.
2. Laurel is in hospital (since Katie was filming on the hospital set the other day); and William's mother dies.
3. Arrow could go all dark and twisted, and kill off William.
4. Mama Smoak? Where is she?
5. I know that AK was there.
6. Laurel dies but finds Constantine  in hell, and is involved in the plot of magic, which are related to what also happens in flashbacks with oliver
7. Laurel dies, and arrow continue without her 

So I get no credit for including the caveat that I wouldn't believe it unless she got squirrelly on social media?

I only care about the bottom line, and that's you eating your shoe :)

I don't know if the story about part of the reason KC is being written out is because of issues on the set and feuds with castmates is true,  but nobody looks really sad in those pictures. The expression on DR's face in particular is hilarious. He looks like the proverbial cat who ate the canary.

I don't want to believe it (because I'd like to think that KC has a bit more decorum than that), but I don't have trouble believing it if that makes sense. I've been hearing these rumors for a while not to mention it can't be a coincidence that KC not getting along with the cast was widely rumored when she was in Supernatural (which was a big reason why she was booted off that show). (sorry for the word salad :p I'm not particularly articulate today).

My guesses

1. Arrow will shoot various scenes; featuring different cast members; therefore the death will be uncertain.

2. Laurel is in hospital (since Katie was filming on the hospital set the other day); and William's mother dies.

3. Arrow could go all dark and twisted, and kill off William.

4. Mama Smoak? Where is she?

5. I know that AK was there.

6. Laurel dies but finds Constantine in hell, and is involved in the plot of magic, which are related to what also happens in flashbacks with oliver

7. Laurel dies, and arrow continue without her

When was KC filming on a hospital set?

IIRC The funeral scenes is the only confirmed filming she has done this episode. She posted a photo but it was a an old one.

Edited by Chaser

When was KC filming on a hospital set?

IIRC The funeral scenes is the only confirmed filming she has done this episode. She posted a photo but it was a an old one.

I don't recall any pictures of KC filming on a hospital set, certainly not for 419. However, i think this is all just spec. I saw that exact list posted on SpoilerTV

Ok...so I have a question...CG had said that the burial plot/casket had no headstone whereas the flash forward did.  Is this significant or an inconsistency?  Did Oliver not attend the actual funeral and only came by later after the headstone was put up?  or did he go to a different headstone to talk with Barry after the funeral?  Just wondering what you guys are theorizing...

Edited by ComicFan777

Ok...so I have a question...CG had said that the burial plot/casket had no headstone whereas the flash forward did.  Is this significant or an inconsistency?  Did Oliver not attend the actual funeral and only came by later after the headstone was put up?  or did he go to a different headstone to talk with Barry after the funeral?  Just wondering what you guys are theorizing...

I asked the same question. I thought maybe he was interacting with someone else's headstone, but the grave was pretty fresh and the flowers were still there. I'd think they take the flower stands away? And Barry said sorry he missed the funeral, which seems weird if it's days later, bc how would Barry know to show up then, randomly a couple days later when Oliver happens to be standing there brooding? And it SEEMS that Oliver goes from the grave/Barry to the limo with Felicity, which would also be kind of weird days later.

This show, though, sucks at consistency, so really tough to tell whether this stuff means anything.

I asked the same question. I thought maybe he was interacting with someone else's headstone, but the grave was pretty fresh and the flowers were still there. I'd think they take the flower stands away? And Barry said sorry he missed the funeral, which seems weird if it's days later, bc how would Barry know to show up then, randomly a couple days later when Oliver happens to be standing there brooding? And it SEEMS that Oliver goes from the grave/Barry to the limo with Felicity, which would also be kind of weird days later.

This show, though, sucks at consistency, so really tough to tell whether this stuff means anything.

How long to flower stands stick around - just the day of the funeral or until they wilt?  Yeah, it seemed weird, but I just don't know about inconsistency regarding this one because it is such an important scene - I just don't know if they would mess that up.  Could it be multiple deaths?

How long to flower stands stick around - just the day of the funeral or until they wilt? Yeah, it seemed weird, but I just don't know about inconsistency regarding this one because it is such an important scene - I just don't know if they would mess that up. Could it be multiple deaths?

They're there for a few days at least. Normally the grounds crew pick them up during their rounds and toss them in the back (at least that's what happens at my cemetery)

I have no idea about the grave stone, maybe it's a continuity error. Could they CGI it in later?

• Love 1

I have no idea about the grave stone, maybe it's a continuity error. Could they CGI it in later?

IRL Canadagraphs is right, it takes awhile to get and set a headstone, but I bet you're right. I bet even for them that was too big a spoiler, so they are going to CGI it in later. 

• Love 1

Headstones take time. They normally go up after the burial. I could see them not putting up a headstone anyway. They probably thought they were being clever, filming the two scenes together, but figure there is a chance photos will leak. A headstone with the characters name one it would be pretty difinite.

Or it's an inconsistency. I would say that is a strong possiblity given their history.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

I've determined Laurels death is still going to be a shock. Just read a write-up at ComicBook.com about the photos. They say it points to Capt Lance. They acknowledge he is wearing the flashback wig but apparently it's only to throw off fans. They don't mention KL but think the young girl is probably flashback Laurel. They note Donna isn't there and no mention of KCs look.

Wow.

• Love 2

In real life the grave stone does go up much later. However it's TV and those are usually up right away/before or ignored altogether.

I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to tie the Flashforward scene to the funeral scene if there's no stone.

At what point do tpdb start barring Canada graphs if he keeps leaking all the stories??

They kind of can't. I mean I'm sure he's not actually on set, but if they film in public areas, they're pretty limited re keeping people out. And he has an inside source. They can't bar him from talking to the source, bc they have no authority over him. If they knew who the source was they'd probably do something about that person, but I doubt they know or they prob already would have done something.

In real life the grave stone does go up much later. However it's TV and those are usually up right away/before or ignored altogether.

I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to tie the Flashforward scene to the funeral scene if there's no stone.

I think you were right, and they'll CGI it in.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

There was a tweet going around that SA had a group scene and an individual one so I think CGI is probably right.

If he shows up for the actual funeral, that'd be growth, which I'm pretty desperate for at this point. So I hope he's there, participating, and not just gazing from a distance or whatever.

• Love 1

I stopped watching and pretty much disconnected but truly, they're killing off Laurel? Like, it's not a drill?

I mean, Thea approves of lying (my rage-quit moment this time around, I love Thea and just NO, NO, NO) the BMD happened and the magic/superpowers make the show a hefty pile of shit right now for me, but...I'm willing to eat a pretty hefty pile of shit if I get my OTA centered-show back. Because Comics is pretty much why I don't get OTA anymore. And no more BC = OTA, right, right?!

I might get my show back! My Roy and My Quentin might be safe! My Donna might not be heartbroken!

• Love 5

At what point do tpdb start barring Canada graphs if he keeps leaking all the stories??

Are you talking about the funeral stuff? He didn't leak it, not this time. Some other pap/photo agency did. But he's "confirming" stuff on Twitter. Also, not sure they can stop him. He's got sources, and those are the people TPTB would have to find and shut down. As for photos. Can't hide from telephoto lenses, especially if filming is outdoors.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

ok, stupid question here...when Laurel dug up Sara's body, was she in a real casket?  For some reason I remembered it being a make-shift box (not real casket), but then I would have imagined that they would have just put her back in her original casket if there was one.  If she was a make-shift box, then I would guess she never had a casket or a casket procession in the first place then...but maybe I remembering things wrong.  I just remember the icky Sara corpse, but just wondering if anyone remembers the details to jog my memory... 

It definitely looked like a simple box, because I can remember that awkward moment when LL was caressing it.

Well, they might have used a real casket at her "real" funeral in the FB; but TA in her s3 funeral did not have access to a casket so they just used a make-shift box.

I also think there is a strong possibility that since there was no body to bury, the Lances might have simply rented a casket for the funeral. It's a thing to save costs when there is no need for an actual burial of a real body. So after the services there was nothing to bury, therefore no casket for TA to use 3 years later, so they improvised. However, there would be a gravestone to remember her and have a physical reminder.

• Love 1

I'm not sure CG has actual sources within the Arrow crew does he? He only ever seems to spoil outdoor scenes. Anyone can find out when and where Arrow is filming if it's an outdoor scene. All the Vancouver paparazzi/autograph hounds seem to tweet when and where the outdoor scenes for any Vancouver production are filming. It's not that hard to figure out what's going on in the scene if you're there taking pictures.

Definitely a plain box

But yeah I had a friend who's father was cremated but they had a services for him in a beautiful rented casket (there was a insert that held the body but it looked the same to me).

It definitely looked like a simple box, because I can remember that awkward moment when LL was caressing it.

Well, they might have used a real casket at her "real" funeral in the FB; but TA in her s3 funeral did not have access to a casket so they just used a make-shift box.

I also think there is a strong possibility that since there was no body to bury, the Lances might have simply rented a casket for the funeral. It's a thing to save costs when there is no need for an actual burial of a real body. So after the services there was nothing to bury, therefore no casket for TA to use 3 years later, so they improvised. However, there would be a gravestone to remember her and have a physical reminder.

• Love 1

And it just accrued to me that 4.1 ended at the FF grave and 4.2 ended at Sara's grave. If Laurel is the grave and the flash back is Sara's funeral, It will be a poignant imagery for the season. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

I wonder, what will we talk about once she's gone? Whose failures will @quarks write about? ? :D

We don't really talk about her right now, just how dumb the writers are! haha

But seriously, if the writers just grow up and marry Oliver/Felicity and not fling unnecessary drama at them, S5 has the potential of being really good especially IF we get Bratva flashbacks.

• Love 12

We don't really talk about her right now, just how dumb the writers are! haha

But seriously, if the writers just grow up and marry Oliver/Felicity and not fling unnecessary drama at them, S5 has the potential of being really good especially IF we get Bratva flashbacks.

Now your optimism is getting out of hand :p
  • Love 7

I wonder, what will we talk about once she's gone? Whose failures will @quarks write about? ? :D

Maybe it will be Thea's turn, or we can go with the default...it's going to be Oliver's turn all the way until the very last season.

Maybe it will be Thea's turn, or we can go with the default...it's going to be Oliver's turn all the way until the very last season.

I hope not, I like Thea and I'm ready to forgive her last missteps. :) But I guess it will be everyone's turn sometime or the other- sadly!
  • Love 2

It'll go like this: elation for another week, then the paranoia about how they'll screw the show up after she's gone will kick in.

You left out the a step in the middle:  the crushing doubt that she is not, in fact, the person in the grave.

• Love 4

I'm curious if they are going to try and pretend she is still on set or if we are getting Miami selfies.

Regular viewers aren't going know either way.

Edited by Chaser

If he shows up for the actual funeral, that'd be growth, which I'm pretty desperate for at this point. So I hope he's there, participating, and not just gazing from a distance or whatever.

Thinking about the fact that Oliver's probably literally buried at least five people (four on the island plus Sara) has made me let go of the fact that he didn't attend Moira's and Tommy's funerals. If he were a normal guy and avoided this stuff, I'd think he needed to grow up. The thing is, his experiences don't make him a normal guy, and while there are areas in which he needs to grow, I can't say I'm all that bothered about this one. Even though I do believe he will be at this funeral and that will be used to showcase him evolving.

• Love 8