Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I wonder if back-to-back episodes with non-Oliver flashbacks was always the plan, or if the writers realized the island storyline was such a dud no one would miss it even that late into the season. 

Also, if it does turn out to be Laurel, then KC's scheduled appearance at HVFF in Chicago in 2 weeks is going to be veeeery interesting.

No matter which Lance is in the grave, I'm grateful for the entertainment produced by all the speculation and reactions. And I'm really glad that for once, I'm not the part of the group that's fearful about what's going to happen.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9

If one of them is Sara's funeral, I can see the police coming out in force to support Quentin.

I thnk Talia's younger. Why would Nyssa bring her little sister to Laurel's funeral? 

To set up new storylines for future seasons?  In-show, to honour her friend and the sister of her beloved.  Talia, or whatever they're going to call her, would have known Sara quite well.

what if... this girl is Malcolm's daughter from his time in the league?!!

That would be hilarious. She could be Good Daughter while Thea is now Ungrateful Daughter.  And it would maybe explain why he wanted to head the LoA so badly. so that she could be Heir To The Demon.

• Love 1

For me the biggest evidence against it at this point is Guggie's Tumblr response that KC has not asked to leave. Is he that real-life cruel? To preemptively say she hasn't asked to leave, so if she does leave, everyone knows she was fired? That seems really hateful to me, and I'm not sure what the benefit would be to him, because it's not like he was trying to prevent a spoiler by misleading a journalist...they were Tumblr asks. He chose which to respond to, so that would be going out of his way to be cruel and sabotage her career.

• Love 4

For me the biggest evidence against it at this point is Guggie's Tumblr response that KC has not asked to leave. Is he that real-life cruel? To preemptively say she hasn't asked to leave, so if she does leave, everyone knows she was fired? That seems really hateful to me, and I'm not sure what the benefit would be to him, because it's not like he was trying to prevent a spoiler by misleading a journalist...they were Tumblr asks. He chose which to respond to, so that would be going out of his way to be cruel and sabotage her career.

yes, yes I remember it, MG could not be cruel at this point, but wait a little, we'll see

The one photo caption said she was being fired for bad behavior, so maybe he just dislikes her. Who knows.

lol, bad Behaviour? I do not believe, they know each other a long time and katie work with the cw for many years before arrow

Maybe it is a ruse. I mean a part of me still believes Lance is in the grave. Or perhaps they are letting the info be out to temper dramatic reaction from BC fans. When Sara died there was a decent size outcry. Maybe they think publicity from actually killing a big comic character who has been a regular for 4 season will get the show attention.

I do think there is some merit and truth about leaks calming the fandom down or at least prepping them for the worst.  Had I not had weeks to come to terms with Felicity's paralysis storyline I'm not sure how I would have reacted with my viewership.  It seems forever ago but I remember considering it a move they would make to writer her out of the main storyline.  A cooler head prevailed and by the time it happened, I was still concerned how they were going to handle it, but I was ready to keep steadily watching. 

Every character IMO has their do or die fans that if they are not there, then the show will drop from their watch list but I think for myself, if I get used to something, even something I don't particularly like, I react better and more calmly.  Like when I accidentally was spoiled about Matthew on Downton Abbey.  Being prewarned meant I handled it much better than if I'd had it sprung on me while watching.  

Same thing with the Olicity break up.  I handled that far better because we pieced it together when it was happening long before it happened. I'm positive the vitriol from viewers like myself was simply not there because of judiciously used leaks. 

If this actually turns out to be true, well, MG started giving hints with his "super heroes can be killed" quote.  He wants to warn the ones most paying attention.

Or he wants to troll us all.  Really, I can't rule that out. 

It's strange, now that Laurel in the grave seems like a genuine possibility, I'm almost sad.  I care about her character so little now that I'm not getting the expected satisfaction.  My biggest grudge was killing Sara and they already fixed that.  Now I'll just be sad for Quentin.    

The actress looks to young to do damage to Olicity even if she's legal.  But comic Oliver has his own raped to father a child story. Though they already used Shado and Oliver just had a child storyline that wasn't popular so hopefully they won't go there again.

A younger actress could mean a foil for Thea to play off of.  They used to have Roy and Thea on the younger end. Maybe they decided she needs a buddy.  And now as I wrote that, it occurs to me  she would if Laurel was in the grave. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 4

Now that the photos came out, for sure we will know soon enough, will there be a confirmation can be, or we look the next day shoot

They are not going to officially confirm it.

Btw I don't believe the unprofessionalism claims. Everyone always says how professional she is - well, aside from cons.

• Love 2

What photo are you referring to?

I found it (this tweet), but the screenshot is unsourced. From the context, it might be from the feed of one of the paparazzi guys. The description also sounds completely made up by the guy just so he can get more media publications to buy his photos.

CcRi9f4WEAA2yDX.jpg

Edited by lemotomato

I found it (this tweet), but the screenshot is unsourced. From the context, it might be from the feed of one of the paparazzi guys. The description also sounds completely made up by the guy just so he can get more media publications to buy his photos.

CcRi9f4WEAA2yDX.jpg

if it's true, I'm in shock, but fortunately I prefer to be prepared now, is better.

I think maybe MG with his answer on tumblr wanted to keep the speculations going and didn't realize he was implying that in the case LL was the one in the grave KC didn't choose to leave on her own.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the spoilers we got are accurate because it happens every year with Arrow and even with big moments. They always end up spoiling everything. I guess maybe they think most of their audience isn't online so even if it's not ideal they can live with that.

• Love 4

The only thing that I'd actually be sad about if it really turns out to be Laurel (I am still disbelieving, like I cannot believe they'd actually do it) Poor Quentin Lance then had to say goodbye to both his daughters. No father deserves that kind of pain. That's why I always believed they'd kill him instead of LL. Maybe Sara will come back next season if LoT only has 13-episodes again. 

Also the little thumbnail beneath the picture could just be a rumor. I mean KC seems to get along with some cast members. And for some reason, I doubt she is unprofessional. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3

Also the little thumbnail beneath the picture could just be a rumor. I mean KC seems to get along with some cast members. And for some reason, I doubt she is unprofessional.

Yeah thats why the cast had to keep reminding us oh how great they all get along this season. If you have to sell it that hard, something is off.

• Love 1

That caption seems like bullshit.  There are so many plot/character reasons to get rid of Laurel, they don't need to air dirty linen in public even if it was true.  They could just trot out the old "We needed a big name to bite the dust" or "The show is going in a different direction" or "Her story had run its course" bla bla.

Of course I think her story had run its course in episode 2 of season 1, but better late than never I suppose.  But yeah, that caption. Nah.

• Love 5

For anyone questioning the title of the folder, the folder didn't belong to anyone involved in the show. Whoever took the photos, labeled the folder that way.

After flipping thru CGs tweets, I'm more convinced now it's Laurel than before. The guy clearly has sources and he doesn't give out false spoilers. He seems to indicate that the photos are confirming what his own sources said.

• Love 7

Actors always say that, this is the best cast, everyone gets along, we're like family. My personal favorite are the one's I've heard lately that actually acknowledge that every actor says it and, then add but, this time it's really true. Which of course implies that in most cases it's not AND that the average audience has actually picked up on the sterotypical Hollywood bullshit line.

Personally I think DR's comments at cons not to mention KC's own actions at cons are more telling than the standard Hollywood line, JMHO.

• Love 18

Yeah I don't buy that just because they say we're all friends and get along so well it means its true.So many shows have hidden bts drama behind PR friendships on sm and in pap pics so I wouldn't be suprised at all if Arrow was too and I really think considering the situation with the female lead and romance focus changing the way it did,arrow had plenty of bts drama.

Edited by tangerine95

I am leaning more towards Laurel being in the grave with seeing pics of PB with a flashback wig and present day hair. I suppose it could still be a fake out and he's in a suit for his open casket. 

I really wonder how they thought that shooting outdoors at a graveyard was going to be kept a secret. If they wanted to keep it secret they should've held the funeral inside. 

I don't believe that caption is true. I know most casts don't always get along. I just don't believe they are firing KC because of that. I think if she's gone it's because it's been 4 years and the character is still not fitting into the show. They barely remember to write for Laurel and when they do they don't put a lot of effort into it. Most of the time she's just there in the scene. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

When is the next Con?

The whole professionalism and getting along with cast mates, I don't know. Her Con behavior is questionable. DR and SA have made comments that could be read as shade. I was expecting something on social media on her last day. A pic, a comment. Not something as obvious as CH but something. Instead we got chipper SA/EBR/DR interactions and EBR hasn't responded on Twitter to KCs mentions. If this new actress is Talia then chances are she is coming back next season, which means that on KCs apparent last day SA gave a shout out to the new girl.

Edited by Chaser

KC tends to cancel her Con appearances at the last minute. I still haven't decided if I want to go that Con. I might just get the Saturday ticket and see some panels because they should be interesting to try to read the casts body language if they get the who's in the grave question. I wanted to go to SDCC but couldn't get tickets. 

I don't believe the caption is true either, especially if it's written by CG guy, who has shown a tendency of being venomous to actors he doesn't like. Like I said, he probably fabricated it to get more people interested in buying his photos. The caption Implies that there's some previously unknown BTS drama, that it's the last day on the job for a second-billed actor, and spoils a much publicized season-long mystery. That's a lot catchier than "Arrow films scenes in graveyard".

Edited by lemotomato

Nope, not everyone. Still a nonbeliever right here :P

Hi! *fist bump* I will never believe it. Not until I actually see it with my eyeballs. LOL. No way am I getting my hopes up either. I can't operate that way unfortunately.

Edited by Guest

Personally I think DR's comments at cons not to mention KC's own actions at cons are more telling than the standard Hollywood line, JMHO.

I sometimes got the feeling that these two were just colleagues but other than that had no interest to interact with each other. But again, who knows. 

But no matter the BTS relationships, I still don't think it was necessary to kill off anyone this season. Every year is just a bit too much for my taste. Even if it turns out to be LL.

• Love 2

Hi! *fist bump* I will never believe it. Not until I actually see it with my eyeballs. LOL. No way am I getting my hopes up either. I can't operate that way unfortunately.

Me three!! It'd be nice, but I'm skeptic until definitely proven otherwise :)

• Love 1

I don't blame anyone for not believing it because this show is this show.

But I'm not going to pretend it's not looking that way. Like I said before, there is no benefit in making it look like she is leaving BTS.

I think they kind of figured these photos would get out, so I'm not expecting a big blow up. More like half hearted denials.

• Love 2

Yeah I believe it's her. It just feels weird finding out this way.

As for MG's tumblr response, I don't think it necessarily reflects badly on KC. Both Colin Donnell and Susanna Thompson were written out, and as far as I know neither of them asked to leave. But I don't think anyone thinks it was anything more than a storyline choice. It doesn't have to be any more than that for KC, paparazzi comments aside. I think it was probably just a poor attempt by MG to deflect attention from who it actually is.

I'm guessing the part that Canadagraphs was confirming was the "last day on set" part. The rest of it....who knows.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

I'm guessing the part that Canadagraphs was confirming was the "last day on set" part. The rest of it....who knows.

Agreed. Though, knowing him, it seems weird that he didn't mention this before, if he already knew.

Edited by looptab

The "last day on set" thing could have easily come from someone who works on the show, that babbled to the pap who took this pics. This is super very normal. Drivers, caterers, dudes from electrical, stand-ins, they're all hanging around set. And they know the paps and vice-versa. There can be 40-50 people working a location shoot, and it's BORING.

What I got from CGs tweets, his sources said one thing but he wasn't going to confirm until there was more proof. The photos was the proof he was looking for. If I'm reading correctly, a lot of those photos another photographer took.

I am surprised they would kill Laurel rather than have her leave like Roy.

I am disgusted that Malcolm is probably responsible.

I am NOT surprised that if they wanted to kill a "mask" - they would pick her.

I am NOT sorry because they have written her character wrong from the start.

I DO think it will improve the show just because they won't be trying to "fit" a character in that just doesn't "fit."

I do feel a little bad for the actress, but when I think of her talking about Laurel and Oliver being soulmates after four years of the show making them one of the most toxic pairings I have ever seen - I get over it.

If it's her - I wish KC very well on her next project.

• Love 15

Agreed. Though, knowing him, it serms weird that he didn't mention this before if he already knew.

Not at all Canadagraphs is very careful about what he confirms and what he releases. He's a Dbag but he won't release anything that he can't confirm/proove.

As I mentioned awhile back when we first learned of Felicity being in the wheelchair up to 414 (and I put together that Canadagraphs=Y2John on IMDb) Canadagraphs has had information since S1. He flat out told me in June before S2 that Arrow EPs wanted to get rid of KC after they filmed the pilot. They wanted to either recast or write Laurel out completely but the Network (CW or CBS, not sure) wouldn't let them. He also told me that KC was a problem on set and the crew didn't like her. There's also the other pap (Ken Pursuit i think) who got into a Twitter fight with a KC fan back in S2 and commented that she was lucky to still have a job.

You can believe or not believe the info, label it as rumors, gossip, or the paps being haters but, this information has been out there for a long while. The guy maybe a huge Dbag but he's been right on everything he's released, I have been given no reason to doubt him. The closest he's come to being wrong was when he said Felicity was still having hallucinations in 414 when that turned out to be a one episode thing.

• Love 10

I'm not 100% sold on it being Laurel. Most things are just pointing in her direction. I won't be surprised if it's Lance in the end though.

If it is Malcolm, I hope Sara comes back stabs in through the back and that's it. Not fanfare, no big huge death, they can just find his dead body somewhere. He just dies and that's it. That's the death Malcolm deserves. However knowing this show, that's not something they would ever do for an actor they can't seem to let go of. His death will probably be a big event, where he'll get to fight then lose or worse die a heroic death just because he has a penis. 

• Love 2

As I mentioned awhile back when we first learned of Felicity being in the wheelchair up to 414 (and I put together that Canadagraphs=Y2John on IMDb) Canadagraphs has had information since S1. He flat out told me in June before S2 that Arrow EPs wanted to get rid of KC after they filmed the pilot. They wanted to either recast or write Laurel out completely but the Network (CW or CBS, not sure) wouldn't let them. He also told me that KC was a problem on set and the crew didn't like her. There's also the other pap (Ken Pursuit i think) who got into a Twitter fight with a KC fan back in S2 and commented that she was lucky to still have a job..

So... Do you mean she just had a 4 year contract? Weren't we all thinking it was 3 years some time ago?

I guess I'm almost convinced it's really Laurel who dies. It's about time, to say the least. But a part of me still can't believe it, after all this time.

• Love 1

Not at all Canadagraphs is very careful about what he confirms and what he releases. He's a Dbag but he won't release anything that he can't confirm/proove.

As I mentioned awhile back when we first learned of Felicity being in the wheelchair up to 414 (and I put together that Canadagraphs=Y2John on IMDb) Canadagraphs has had information since S1. He flat out told me in June before S2 that Arrow EPs wanted to get rid of KC after they filmed the pilot. They wanted to either recast or write Laurel out completely but the Network (CW or CBS, not sure) wouldn't let them. He also told me that KC was a problem on set and the crew didn't like her. There's also the other pap (Ken Pursuit i think) who got into a Twitter fight with a KC fan back in S2 and commented that she was lucky to still have a job.

You can believe or not believe the info, label it as rumors, gossip, or the paps being haters but, this information has been out there for a long while. The guy maybe a huge Dbag but he's been right on everything he's released, I have been given no reason to doubt him. The closest he's come to being wrong was when he said Felicity was still having hallucinations in 414 when that turned out to be a one episode thing.

Oh, okay, I hadn't read his tweets about waiting for confirmation. I thought he already knew for certain. 

I had read your posts about him confirming the wheelchair, but had no idea about all that other stuff. Wow. Though, he has been saying all kinds of stuff about EBR, I don't know why we should believe some things and not others. Not doubting your input, just that we have seen before how his bias may color some of the things he says (not talking about the hard facts like the wheelchair arc or other things he confirmed).

Anyway, I still don't believe it because it would be too good to be true. Like, I'd expect she's be resurrected in S5 or some other shit, haha.

• Love 1