Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It would be super cool if she was connected to HIVE. I do think it's a bit early to bring back a Felicity nemesis, but connecting her to HIVE (and maybe even to Andy Diggle) would be super interesting and it would sort of connect OTA a bit more. I think it would be an cool dynamic that might be fun to explore. 

• Love 4

Definitely the kids talk. Felicity is going to say she can't have or doesn't want to have kids...que BMD!

My friend's husband and his buddies are big into comicbooks and they love Flash/Arrow, they're also really good at predicting what's going to happen (very good track record). Anyway they came up with this theory that i hope, hope, hope is wrong. However, after reading this I'm terrified they got it right.

Basically Olicity break up and due to Felicity's issues with her dad, she nudges Oliver to spend time with both William and Samantha.

I don't want to like this... but I think the theory is a good one. It sounds like something MG would want to do. And wasn't there spoilers at one point that said somebody surprising is going to encouraging OQ to spend more time with BM/W. People theorized LL. But wouldn't it be the kicker if FS is the one that encourages his to go to BM...

Sidenote - I really don't want the kids talk. Because the realistic chances of her staying in the wc for the duration of the series is slim. So for me that is a very deep & weighted conversation to have at anytime in a relationship. However, to have it on top of choosing how your paralysis might impact your ability to have or take care of children is just too heavy an emotional conversation with too many nuances that I think the writers will destroy and wind up being emotionally insensitive. So I hope for no kids talk until she is out of the wc. But knowing these writers we will get it, because it will bring it back to the convo 401 had with the neighbors & wasn't there pics of them coming back?

It would be super cool if she was connected to HIVE. I do think it's a bit early to bring back a Felicity nemesis, but connecting her to HIVE (and maybe even to Andy Diggle) would be super interesting and it would sort of connect OTA a bit more. I think it would be an cool dynamic that might be fun to explore. 

Which means this probably won't happen :p

But I would appreciate the whole 'bee' symbolism tie up.

Maybe Brie is Felicity's long lost half-sister.

*ducks*

Please log off. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

*Laughs until it becomes true like the other worst-case scenario theories*

The one he stuck around for... Betcha he didn't abandon Brie.

I can seriously see this all happening. :(  At least it won't be a secret twin.

The one he stuck around for... Betcha he didn't abandon Brie.

I can seriously see this all happening. :(  At least it won't be a secret twin.

At least it's not another lady Oliver's hooked up with. Wait, did I just jinx it?

Remember when this show had season themes? What's this season's theme? I would give $1.25 to find out what the writers' goals are with their characters because they seem to fail an awful lot. 

ETA: If Brie is, indeed, another foil for Felicity, they really are piling on her this season. I don't know if I'm grateful for the attention - hey, remember when Diggle was going to have a huge story line this year? - or if it's too much for my bb Felicity.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

At least it's not another lady Oliver's hooked up with. Wait, did I just jinx it?

Remember when this show had season themes? What's this season's theme? I would give $1.25 to find out what the writers' goals are with their characters because they seem to fail an awful lot.

He can sister-swap in season nine!

Also, the theme of the season is FAMILY, meaning everyone gets a new family member back. Laurel and Lance got Sara, Diggle got Andy, Felicity got Papa Smoak, and Oliver gets a demon spawn. Because that's exactly what family means.

• Love 10

Why would it matter if Felicity has a similar villain? The fighters often have similar villains-as in they fight? 

That's a good point, but I think my uneasiness at it just comes from when they do bring on similar villains, they place some different pressure or different execution or different solution when fighting them. Like, even though Oliver physically had to beat Malcolm and Slade, who were both fighters who were just executing what they thought was their own brand of justice in a way, there were still different styles going into fighting them and eventually winning.

Now this isn't as big as a big bad, but essentially Felicity would just defeat her in a similar way as she just did with the Calculator or how she did it in Flash 118. There could be something different this time around, but nothing comes to mind immediately, except maybe if this is her first go around in a personal way after breaking up with Oliver, and even then it's not as compelling as  411 or 412. It's kind of like in Flash how the solution often is just for Barry to run faster, and many of the times Barry using his speed or new advances in his powers just doesn't become as interesting or compelling anymore because it's just him doing the same things over and over against negligible villains.

Plus, her appearance wasn't that great or interesting in 118, in my opinion. It was fun to see Felicity take her down, but that's all it was, fun, not important or interesting. At that point, coming on 417, I wouldn't be too up to seeing just a tech fight between Felicity and Brie again after we did a more fun and more influential take of it in 412.

But, who knows? Maybe it will be fun. Maybe the episode has the team all in separate spaces taking on individual enemies and can't help each other, then, while feeling another burn of defeat, Oliver becomes a "Beacon of Hope" for the team as well. I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.

• Love 1

Could she be a new employee at PT? Under a pseudonym I guess.

Or could she have tech that could help Felicity walk?

I thought about the half-sister angle for Brie, I'm hoping the return is for something a little more pseudo-science and a little less emotional impact secret keeping.

Also I think the VotW episodes have been a lot more enjoyable because they are so few.

Could she be a new employee at PT? Under a pseudonym I guess.

Or could she have tech that could help Felicity walk?

I thought about the half-sister angle for Brie, I'm hoping the return is for something a little more pseudo-science and a little less emotional impact secret keeping.

Also I think the VotW episodes have been a lot more enjoyable because they are so few.

I was just thinking that Felicity and Brie haven't met face to face maybe this time they do! I remember quite a few people lamenting that Felicity got a nemesis on The Flash Not Arrow well Here we are Brie is gonna be on Arrow

• Love 1

Was the Clock King not Felicity's nemesis? That always felt fake to me. He attacked her system and she was the one to take him out.

To clarify, what felt fake was Felicity not having a nemesis until the bee lady. She did in my book.

Edited by bijoux

Was the Clock King not Felicity's nemesis? That always felt fake to me. He attacked her system and she was the one to take him out.

To clarify, what felt fake was Felicity not having a nemesis until the bee lady. She did in my book.

The Clock King was her nemesis, MG said as much in S2.

She can have multiple nemesises. Nemesiss? Nemesii?

Every villain with a computer schitch will end up being a Felicity villain by default of her skills. I'm good with that.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8

Yes, which is why that line about her never had a nemesis before was dumb. I mean, yes, you definitely did. And he didn't look like a transfer from a Scooby Doo cartoon. If you can't tell, I didn't think that was so great on The Flash. Felicity had a few cute beats, but that's it. Is Brie supposed to be in those holding cells on The Flassh or whatever at the moment.

She can have multiple nemesises. Nemesiss? Nemesii?

Nemeses.

• Love 1
(edited)

Assuming there is a funeral episode...they might just skip that whole thing since we've seen 2 flash fowards already.

In either case my answer is maybe but, not necessarily. They can always say Sara was off in the future/past and then have a scene of Sara alone at the grave on LoT.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well from Yesterday Caity Posted and made me think of a Lance death. Though it's probably unrelated. I'm not sure how the LOT episodes match up either.

Caity Lotz ‏@caitylotz 23h23 hours ago

Playing a version of Sara I didn't think we'd ever see again

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/695746962243452928

Seems a jump to go from this quote to Lance death. She could be talking about pre-island Sara, Island-Sara or Canary...my money is on Canary.

IF my math is right, Arrow 419 and LoT 112 will air the same week. That's assuming LoT doesn't take the 1 week break on April 7th. If LoT does take a break (like Arrow/Flash will) then it's 419/111 airing on the same week.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I can't help where my mind goes :p And by a lance death I meant neither of the Lances. As I said it's probably not related. and I never would have posted it here but Sara maybe being at the funeral was mentioned. BTW I would love a return to Canary <3 

Seems a jump to go from this quote to Lance death. She could be talking about pre-island Sara, Island-Sara or Canary...my money is on Canary.

IF my math is right, Arrow 419 and LoT 112 will air the same week. That's assuming LoT doesn't take the 1 week break on April 7th. If LoT does take a break (like Arrow/Flash will) then it's 419/111 airing on the same week.

I didn't get a Lance death from Caity's tweet. I figured she'd be playing IslandSara or Pre-GambitSara or even CanarySara. All Sara's she probably thought she wouldn't going to be playing again. 

Edited by Sakura12

I didn't get a Lance death from Caity's tweet. I figured she'd be playing IslandSara or Pre-GambitSara or even CanarySara. All Sara's she probably thought she wouldn't going to be playing again. 

Caity's tweet made me think of Caity playing pre-island Sara for flashbacks to honor her sister's death and show all the good times her and Laurel had. 

Shhhhh everyone, let me have this. :) 

• Love 5

Caity's tweet made me think of Caity playing pre-island Sara for flashbacks to honor her sister's death and show all the good times her and Laurel had. 

Shhhhh everyone, let me have this. :) 

Or maybe she's dressing in her old Canary outfit for an episode to honor Laurel who was originally honoring her after her death. It's like a circle of life.

• Love 4

Or maybe she's dressing in her old Canary outfit for an episode to honor Laurel who was originally honoring her after her death. It's like a circle of life.

You mean because Laurel is dead?  OH PLEASE MAKE IT BE TRUE

Oliver is a flawed hero. He makes mistakes. And I disagree with you that a lie he’s telling in order to be able to have a relationship with his son makes hm a douche.

Well, that's it. I've decided that Guggenheim really hates Oliver because he's not Bruce Wayne.

• Love 4

I should not have looked at tumblr.

The kids question. Felicity is really young because Emily is in her 20s. What? Is he trying to say Felicity isn't going to want children?

And the nanos isn't a catch all. Really?

• Love 1

You know, I'm actually more grossed out by some of the questions than Guggenheim's answers. 

For people wanting Felicity to be cured JUST BECAUSE they want to see her out in the field and doing Olicity stunts and whatnot. I thought those questions were kind of gross and disrespectful for the people who the show is representing. 

• Love 3

He's an ass who is out there trying to early assess how much damage and or fall-out is going to happen after the stupid lying to Felicity story line is broke. He can say its about Oliver having a relationship with his son which no one would deny but it also involves him continuously lying to his "fiancee" a point that Marc is determined NOT to acknowledge. What an asshat!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

hello-ember61 asked:

Mr. producer. Hello Goodnight. I wonder if at some point we will have given flashbacks of Laurel or a chapter devoted to it? The fans know all about Laurel or she hides things?

We’re talking about a Laurel flashback in the writers room right now, actually.

Flashback for death episode? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

• Love 3

So a Sara CL thought she wouldn't play again and they are talking Laurel flashbacks in the writers room. I'm 11 again.

And yes some of those questions are absolutely terrible. Tumblr is such a bad idea.

I should not have looked at tumblr.

The kids question. Felicity is really young because Emily is in her 20s. What? Is he trying to say Felicity isn't going to want children?

And the nanos isn't a catch all. Really?

Don't know anything about "nanos" but the pregnancy answer makes sense to me. I don't know the wording of the question but the answer is talking about production reasons.

The way I read his answer, Felicity is young therefore there's nothing driving a story to make her pregnant (right now). Additionally, EBR is young and not looking to get pregnant so there's nothing production wise forcing thrm to make Felicity pregnant.

• Love 6