Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I love that this is a show that asserts that shutting down the electrical grid would kill everyone, and I actually believe it. Because Star City residents are idiots.

Remember when everyone panicked in 305 when the power went off? That's exactly what would happen lol

• Love 2

Apparently MG picked Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young" as the song for this episode.

For the record, the song is about a boy trying to talk his girlfiend into have sex (losing her virginity).

As to what it means for this episode, I have no idea.

• Love 1

I can't wait to see how "only the good die young" relates to this episode... I can stretch a few meanings, but even I'm coming up empty. Unless Poppy is a virgin and then I really don't want to think about that on so many different levels. it's like sometimes I wonder if he actually reads the lyrics or just picks song titles.

Also, just noticed it on the script page but 2/8 is apparently "Family day" - does that mean people bring their families to set or is it something else? If so, I wonder if their will be more social media spills.

i think it's just song titles. 

Although, I'm not 100% because something like Angry Young Man could have (on the surface) applied to Oliver who was Angry or it could have applied to Anarky (which actually seems more fitting to both the title and the meaning of the song).

Also, just noticed it on the script page but 2/8 is apparently "Family day" - does that mean people bring their families to set or is it something else? If so, I wonder if their will be more social media spills.

It's a holiday in Vancouver, no filming that day.

• Love 1

How many days in advance do actors get the scripts before they start shooting? Because, if they got the script for 418 already, Stephen's last tweet makes me suspect that might be the death episode.

Woke up at 4:30 this morning. Read the new Arrow script. Couldn't fall back asleep.

If he is referring to 17, just ignore me. :)

Edited by looptab

I don't think it's 17, since shooting is on he would've had to have it before today, right?

I thought actors got their scripts in advance so they could read through it and rehearse it. Stephen would probably have to read the whole script unlike other actors lol. So I'm guessing it's the script for 418 or 419...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

I don't think it's 17, since shooting is on he would've had to have it before today, right? Unless he didn't crack it open until this morning for whatever weird reason.

Maybe he decided to re-read it and it left him shaken this time around, haha. I do think it's the 418 one, but I don't really know how this stuff works.

Edited by looptab

Maybe he decided to re-read it and it left him shaken this time around, haha. I do think it's the 418 one, but I don't really know how this stuff works.

Stephen said it was a new Arrow script and they're a;readu 2 days into filming 417 so I doubt that's considered new :)

• Love 1

Stephen said it was a new Arrow script and they're a;readu 2 days into filming 417 so I doubt that's considered new :)

Well then. Funny times ahead! :) Maybe that episode ends on a cliffhanger and the death is the next one, as someone upthtread speculated.

I thought actors got their scripts in advance so they could read through it and rehearse it. Stephen would probably have to read the whole script unlike other actors lol. So I'm guessing it's the script for 418 or 419...

I believe they get their script about a week in advance, so he's probably talking about 418.   As for the tweet it's so vague that people are going to apply it to whatever they want and probably doesn't mean anything that we know of

• Love 1

I hope they make us think it's someone but do a hard left at the last second and have it be someone else. Like A is in the emergency room with the paddles being charged up, flatlining, and B crosses the street to get to their bedside and gets nailed by a bus.

• Love 1

The script needs to be more or less locked for the first day of prep -- a week before filming. That's when cast and crew receives it. [And then revisions keep happening all through prep, and everyone keeps getting different revisions in different colored pages.]

However, since SA has admitted to giving script notes, he's probably being cc:ed in earlier drafts that are sent to the folks whose jobs is to give notes on scripts. Anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks before prep starts. That timespan gets shorter as the season progresses.

• Love 1

The script needs to be more or less locked for the first day of prep -- a week before filming. That's when cast and crew receives it. [And then revisions keep happening all through prep, and everyone keeps getting different revisions in different colored pages.]

However, since SA has admitted to giving script notes, he's probably being cc:ed in earlier drafts that are sent to the folks whose jobs is to give notes on scripts. Anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks before prep starts. That timespan gets shorter as the season progresses.

I forgot he gives script notes.  Hmm, it's possible he's talking about 419 or maybe even 420

• Love 1

Even with the extension on the death, I'm back to thinking the death is in 4x18. I know his tweet could imply anything, but the timing would be right with them telling the actor last week.

(edited)

Even with the extension on the death, I'm back to thinking the death is in 4x18. I know his tweet could imply anything, but the timing would be right with them telling the actor last week.

418 starts filming next week.  I can't see them only giving 2 weeks notice.  They tend to give 4-6 weeks, and notified ST at the end of January for a 420 death.  

Edited by Morrigan2575

Apparently MG picked Billy Joel's "Only the Good Die Young" as the song for this episode.

For the record, the song is about a boy trying to talk his girlfiend into have sex (losing her virginity).

As to what it means for this episode, I have no idea.

Going by the title, all I've got is Nyssa wanting to kill Malcolm and he obviously doesn't die because Malcolm cannot be killed. Other than that, it does make me somewhat weary about Tatsu's faith. I think he might be trying to goad people into worrying about Roy, but he's seen getting away from the explosion.

After watching the Felicity vs Calculator clip, there isn't any doubt that he's her dad, right? The funny cat video line sounds just like something Felicity would say.

None. Plus he loves the Internet as well. There's the EvilFelicity, since this show doesn't go to Earth2.
  • Love 1

The song title just made me think that the Lotus that Nyssa was looking for is some kind of LP alternative, that can't heal wounds or bring back the dead, but could prolong life or something. Since DD was in the League and he's old as dirt but still kicking, and Malcolm would be interested in using that too. But that's way out there, and my imagination is overactive, so I know I'm wrong.

Knowing SA's tastes, the thrilling script is probably full of action.

I love how Nyssa refers to Malcolm as "the Usurper".

For a minute I thought that "Only the Good Die Young" referred to whoever is in the grave and went whew, Diggle and Quentin are safe.  (Really, it should be Only the Young Die Good.)

The Calculator is so much like Felicity, it's hysterical.  But it's not May yet, you're messing up Quentin's schedule on trying to kill the city.

(I thought at first maybe the patients in the hospital on machines might be at risk of dying but then I remembered hospitals have back-up generators.)

Google tells me Family Day is a Canadian holiday, and is observed on Feb. 8 in British Columbia.

Because Canada doesn't have Presidents Week or Day (I don't know the American holidays), a few years ago Family Day was stuck in there as a long weekend (aka spend time with your family) between New Year's and Easter.

Sooooooooo, he's back and forth to Central City, according to Twitter. He's visiting the kid. So, I called that and pretty much everyone said I was wrong. How is that okay? She's in a wheelchair because of her proximity and loyalty to him, and he's visiting the kid and lying to her about it. How is he not a grotesque asshole?

Edited by AyChihuahua

I'm not sure if he's talking about visiting the kid, or referring to the two times he went to Central City during the crossover. Felicity didn't seem at all surprised by what he said, and he never mentioned going to Central City in-show, so I can't figure out if he's referencing those trips or new ones. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Back and forth to another city that is not all that close seems like more than just a couple trips. I wouldn't say back and forth even to Columbus, OH, which is three hours away, for only two trips in a month.

But who knows. Although I def think he's been visiting.

Sooooooooo, he's back and forth to Central City, according to Twitter. He's visiting the kid. So, I called that and pretty much everyone said I was wrong. How is that okay? She's in a wheelchair because of her proximity and loyalty to him, and he's visiting the kid and lying to her about it. How is he not a grotesque asshole?

I don't think anyone said you were wrong. But people can hope that he wasn't creating more lies on top of his original one. We just didn't know until we had more info. Obviously they went full on gross with this baby mama lie business and Samantha is even more of a garbage human than we thought. it is what it is.

There has been no confirmation of visiting kid... But they did move up the date of the tech presentation. So unless, they postpone it again - it looks like the tech that saves PT will be battery & not mobility related.

I'm still thinking they will just have her miraculously regain ability to walk. After this whole bloodlust blowing up in OQ's face, I can't imagine OQ would trust anything lotus or lp-like to fix her.

• Love 2

I don't think anyone said you were wrong. But people can hope that he wasn't creating more lies on top of his original one. We just didn't know until we had more info. Obviously they went full on gross with this baby mama lie business and Samantha is even more of a garbage human than we thought. it is what it is.

Pretty much everyone said I was wrong. Y'all brought up extremely intelligent and well-thought-out reasons he shouldn't visit. Not only does it make him scum, it makes him stupid, and BM stupid (although we already knew she was a disgusting stupid lying hagbag).

If it helps at all, I didn't want to be right. I just find that there is no level of shit Guggie won't descend to. And regardless of Mericle's intentions, she either can't or won't do anything to stop it.

There has been no confirmation of visiting kid... But they did move up the date of the tech presentation. So unless, they postpone it again - it looks like the tech that saves PT will be battery & not mobility related.

They just HAPPEN to mention in-show that he's been back and forth to Central City, when we know he has a kid there, and zero non-kid reason to visit? I mean, obviously he can't SAY he was there to visit the kid, bc there's no one in SC who knows that. It's pretty clear that's why he's been back and forth.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Seriously. I don't want you involved in our kid's life because it's too dangerous. Don't tell anyone OMG! but sure come for multiple visits after you got shot at by a villain, outed said villain, and then got shot at by said villain again WHICH PARALYZED YOUR FIANCEE. Fucking ridiculous. 

• Love 10

You know your flashbacks suck when they have to bring back a vision of a dead Shado just to do a little exposition / miid-season pep talk.

I'm telling you guys, when he sleeps with Poppy he is going to be hallucinating Shado. It's kinda ew, but that's my prediction.

• Love 3

They just HAPPEN to mention in-show that he's been back and forth to Central City, when we know he has a kid there, and zero non-kid reason to visit? I mean, obviously he can't SAY he was there to visit the kid, bc there's no one in SC who knows that. It's pretty clear that's why he's been back and forth.

He mentioned it as a reason why he'd been too busy to pay attention to what was going on with Thea, along with focusing on his mayoral campaign. This is literally the first we've heard of any visits to Central City, and it was just a throwaway line, so until they clarify, I don't see the point in arguing about it, really. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he visits - it just isn't clear that's what he was talking about. Yet. 

• Love 10

He mentioned it as a reason why he'd been too busy to pay attention to what was going on with Thea, along with focusing on his mayoral campaign. This is literally the first we've heard of any visits to Central City, and it was just a throwaway line, so until they clarify, I don't see the point in arguing about it, really. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he visits - it just isn't clear that's what he was talking about. Yet. 

I hear ya.

But he's been visiting.

The moment Oliver boob cuddled and didn't tell Felicity about BMD, it became gross to me. I don't know if multiple visits would make it more gross. I've decided it's better for my state of mind if I just ignore this plot line altogether, so whether it's the one original lie or he's this kid's new BFF, it's all the same to me. And Oliver is going to have to do a lot of groveling for me to want Felicity to think about getting back together with him.  

Wait - I just figured out a way for them to make it grosser - if he wasn't at Felicity's bedside because he was visiting the kid, then yeah, boy can hang. But I don't actually think that's why he avoided Felicity while she was in the hospital, so...yeah.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

I was recovering from my Oliver hate, but it's back in full force now. I've taken to muting almost every scene he's in. I couldn't even enjoy the OTA moment while Felicity was hacking.

Since the BM stuff is only a few eps away, I'm pretty certain the CC visits are in service to laying the groundwork for the reveal.

At this point I'm just interested in the Felicity vs. Calculator stuff. Ugh, I was actually excited for this ep too.

• Love 1

The moment Oliver boob cuddled and didn't tell Felicity about BMD, it became gross to me. I don't know if multiple visits would make it more gross. 

I don't necessarily think it's more gross either way, but I am a little desperate for whatever flimsy internal logic exists in this storyline to remain intact, haha. 

• Love 2

Maybe we should wait to find out more. As it is right now, we don't KNOW for 100% sure Oliver's been back and forth to Central City to visit the Spawn of Plot Hell. For all we know, he might be referring to the times they visited Central City in the crossover. There's no way to say for absolute certain either way yet.

• Love 3

Maybe we should wait to find out more. As it is right now, we don't KNOW for 100% sure Oliver's been back and forth to Central City to visit the Spawn of Plot Hell. For all we know, he might be referring to the times they visited Central City in the crossover. There's no way to say for absolute certain either way yet.

This is reminding me a lot of when people couldn't accept that Felicity was going to be paralyzed.

There was no reason for that line except for setup that he's visiting the kid. It sucks, I get it, but it is happening. 

• Love 2

Since the BM stuff is only a few eps away, I'm pretty certain the CC visits are in service to laying the groundwork for the reveal.

I agree. They're hacky writers, but MG seems to think he's writing Shakespeare here. I suspect we'll be getting more and more BMD hints until it finally blows up. We were just lucky they've ignored it this long.

• Love 2