Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

...how about no?*

Anyway, what's hilarious(not) though, it's that you just know Felicity will be the bad guy, no matter what. Oh look, after all he's done for her, he's been close to her and helped her and all, and she dumps him for one little lie that he had no choice but to tell.

We can do this.

*I am referring to @EmilyBettFan idea :)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Oliver can't sleep with someone else. I mean I do think the Poppy crap will happen but that's in the past. Oliver needs to be fully present in the emotional coldness that will happen when Felicity realizes that while she understands Oliver, he doesn't understand her. She wants and needs a fully supporting partner while he needs to run until he can fix things. Love isn't enough. Partners need to be at the same place or fit together to make a whole.

I truly believe that the break up won't just be about baby mama. It will be about Oliver running-running after DD&the ghost when Felicity was in the hospital and all the times it's happened in the past. Oliver will see the child but it won't be something that he does a lot. Sam is not going to be for Oliver risking the boy. Oliver probably wants to (because he does want to be in the Boys life) and then the one time he does they are spotted by DD's minions. Or that's how I would play it.

• Love 3

I will say though, I highly doubt it will happen but I really hope Oliver doesn't hook up with someone else. Even though it's not cheating, him falling into bed with another woman so soon after breaking up with the woman he loves and planned to marry would just undermine everything they've built with Olicity. I don't know if that was their plan all along though but I'm not sure why they ever went to such extreme lengths to show how much Felicity is it for Oliver if that was the case.

It wouldn't be cheating, per say, but it would be so gross to me that I think it would finally be my breaking point. I've handwaved, overlooked, and forgiven most of Oliver's dumbass decisions; I don't think I could if he hooked up with anyone between now and some time next season. That gets such a visceral nope from me.

I also don't think (or maybe it's just hoping) that Oliver has been visiting BMD (my new collective for mom and spawn.) When would he have had the time? We haven't seen every minute of his time, but it seems like fighting DD is taking up his days. Of course, dude doesn't have a job so what do I know. I'm sure DD will find out about the kid because...he's evil. That's their go to when they don't want to actually write a story line that makes sense. 

• Love 3

It wouldn't be cheating, per say, but it would be so gross to me that I think it would finally be my breaking point. I've handwaved, overlooked, and forgiven most of Oliver's dumbass decisions; I don't think I could if he hooked up with anyone between now and some time next season. That gets such a visceral nope from me.

I also don't think (or maybe it's just hoping) that Oliver has been visiting BMD (my new collective for mom and spawn.) When would he have had the time? We haven't seen every minute of his time, but it seems like fighting DD is taking up his days. Of course, dude doesn't have a job so what do I know. I'm sure DD will find out about the kid because...he's evil. That's their go to when they don't want to actually write a story line that makes sense. 

Yeah, I think it's something that would finally stop me actively shipping them. They can come back from a lot of things - including his lie about William - but I can't see it happening if Oliver's first reaction to the break-up is jumping into bed with another woman. But I stress that I really don't see this happening anyway. It was just a worse-case scenario I don't ever want to see. 

As for the baby mama storyline, I don't think Oliver has been visiting them either. WM said that Oliver learned his lesson about being away from Felicity and that he'll be supportive and there for her. She's his priority. I can't imagine he'll fit in going to see his son. And honestly, if Samantha even let him see his son knowing Felicity was just brutally injured, she's even dumber than I thought. The whole base of her argument in keeping the lie is so William didn't get dragged into the negative side of Oliver's life. She'd be crazy to let Oliver see him after everything that happened to his fiancée. 

So I really doubt he's seen William since 408. 

I really want a quiet break-up. Having that quiet, I'm really disappointed and heart broken feel is so much more impactfull. I feel like it hurts more than if someone just full on yells at you.

By 4x15 Felicity will have been through so much, what with the paralysis and the returning father who will bring up things she didn't know about (maybe changes the way she sees her mother?) The lie I think will be the final straw. At that point EVERYTHING she knows will be have been turned upside down. A part of me is interested in seeing how Felicity deals with this. As long as they stay true to her character and don't throw her under the bus, I'll be ok.

Also I don't think they'll have Oliver sleep with someone else. That would undo so much of what they've built for both Olicity and Oliver's character growth. I'm hoping the whole point of this stupid storyline is so that he learns he can't lie about this stuff if he wants a proper relationship. If they do go there, then I think that would be my final straw.

• Love 10

Given that there's a mini hiatus between 415 and 416, I'm guessing this is how the breakup is going to happen:

BM and kid reveal happens in 414 or 415. Kid gets abducted in 415 and everyone is going to be too busy rescuing him to react before the end of the episode. After the kid has been saved, Felicity breaks up with Oliver for his lying/secret keeping. But she also pushes him to spend time with his kid because of her own experiences with her dad. And because she needs time away from him. Also, at some point DD gets arrested before the end of 415.

So a couple weeks later, we come back with 416 following real time. Oliver is back from spending time in Central City. Maybe coming back to a team that's not very happy with him, maybe not. The court prep for DD's trial has been taken care of (Yes, I know jury selection and pre trial stuff should take months, not weeks, but hey, this is Arrow) so Laurel's in the courtroom doing lawyer stuff. Felicity has adjusted to a new living situation (again) and is concentrating on saving QC before the big board meeting and/or finding a cure.

Aaand that's all I've got. I think this way, both Felicity and Oliver get out of the BM drama and breakup with their dignities intact and also no one looking like a "bad guy"-- Felicity "proves" she's only mad at Oliver for lying, not making him choose between her or his son; Oliver doesn't seem like (more of) a dick for leaving his paralyzed ex-fiancée to play house with BM. I still hate the storyline, but in this scenario I can still root for Olicity when they get back together.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 14

Well looks like I won't be watching the rest of the season. I was hoping for good Felicity stuff but looks like 4b will just be a drag for her. Still waiting on her CEO arc to begin b/c so far it's just been "cute/funny" scenes with Curtis. No thank you.

• Love 1

Apparently it was important that Oliver lie to Felicity because it "will come back around later" but it was "an unfortunate lie". 

Sigh. 

Also:

Stephen said interesting mutual respect and a marriage between Oliver and Nyssa.

I'm so happy that there is mutual respect between Nyssa and Oliver and their marriage, but not between Oliver and Felicity. /sarcasm.  

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 4

I bet Nyssa uses the Marriage to get Oliver to help her over throw Malcolm

Since she was screwed over by her father, Malcolm and Oliver, who can blame her? If she manages to flirt with Felicity while she's at it like when they first met, more power to her.

How do you guys interpret the tweet about them not really adressing Felicity being in a wheelchair? The only thing I can come up with is that they don't portray it as an issue in her and Oliver's relationship.

• Love 1

I'm preparing myself for the nod to Birds of Prey episode in here somewhere (probably 17 since that would line up with when they did that storyline with Sara in season 2).

Now that Felicity is their Oracle they won't pass up the chance to have the women team up.

Oliver will either spend part of an episode with the kid and require the women to take the lead while he's gone or the women will side with Felicity in the breakup and bond over a mission.

• Love 1

These damn writers - they had Oliver marry Nyssa for no good reason and it served no purpose; then have him lie to Felicity again for no good reason. Oh wait a minute to serve a stupid story arc which they'll probably be the only ones getting excited about or enjoying it. The writers need to go back and reevaluate their writing choices because the majority of them suck. I bet it was Marc who came up with both of these dumb ideas, SMH!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 3

Didn't MG tweet that he and Stephen came up with careful wording so it wasn't *technically* a lie?

Yes, he did. So I'm thinking what was initially on the page was even worse than what we got. :/

Edited by looptab
  • Love 3

Well, I appreciate that SA loves Olicity enough to want to tweak the script a little with that lie. Wasn't enough but oh well. This is Arrow. I expect this cheap storytelling now. 

And Oliver's marriage to Nyssa was always going to come up again. I can't believe anyone thought otherwise. 

I'm more and more convinced that the 'him' they need to kill is Malcolm. 

Yes, he did. So I'm thinking what was initially on the page was even worse than what we got. :/

Oh, I'm sure it was. I just think it's funny that MG said they parsed words so that it wasn't ~technically a lie, but then SA says that it was important to the writers that Oliver lie to Felicity for our favorite reason: plot!

• Love 5

Oh, I'm sure it was. I just think it's funny that MG said they parsed words so that it wasn't ~technically a lie, but then SA says that it was important to the writers that Oliver lie to Felicity for our favorite reason: plot!

Oh, yeah, I agree, haha. But I never believed Guggie when he said that-so the 'not technically a lie' completely escaped me, I've always read it as 'he had to lie, we tried to make it as better as possible' :)
  • Love 1
(edited)

Huh, not sure if ill even YouTube at this point. Will just have to rely on you guys until 420, when the show does its standard reset for the final arc.

Honestly, I was expecting more from KC. But the only thing of notice I've seen is that she said she doesn't even read the flashback scenes, haha. Can't say I blame her.

I've been of the opinion that KC only pays attention to scenes that involve Laurel. It's the only way i can explain why her head canon of the show differs so much from the cast/writers.

I'm not surprised she doesn't read or watch the flashbacks. Granted, I can't blame her for skipping the flashbacks, they're boring and stupid

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Ha! I read on Twitter that she doesn't watch them, but this is even better. Likely, most of the cast skip them as well. I doubt they're more interesting on paper than on screen and they don't affect their characters.

Ha! I read on Twitter that she doesn't watch them, but this is even better. Likely, most of the cast skip them as well. I doubt they're more interesting on paper than on screen and they don't affect their characters.

I want to be good and think she doesn't for some method acting reason. Like, Laurel doesn't know a thing of what happened to him, so she can't know either. :D

• Love 2

@kalichica put up some videos on her Twitter. And not addressing Felicity in a wheelchair makes more sense. It's not about how it affects Oliver or the team, it's about how it affects her. Which is a pleasant and unexpected surprise. Now if only it comes through on screen.

• Love 2

I really doubt we'll see Oliver with someone else. This is the guy who didn't look at another woman while pining for Felicity for the entire season and now that he's had the experience of being with her and sharing a life with her for over 6months, why would he expect to find comfort with someone else? Then again, my logic often veers from the writers'.

For me it's different, bc fundamentally he decided he was going to die, so couldn't be with anyone, which included Felicity. Now he has decided to live. I very much do not believe that if they broke up and she went to Gotham or something that he would just never ever date again because if he can't have her he will be alone forever. In S3 he'd decided to be alone first, before making the decision about Felicity.

Still do not think he'll hook up with BM, who's as far as we know in only one episode, and definitely not with LL, bc it just won't happen.

I'm so bored by all of this. Like, that's legit my main reaction. Not outrage, not disbelief, not frustration. Just boredom. Wake me up [before you go go] when the plot-driven hot mess is over.

Gonna have to wait for MG to quit

• Love 1

I've been of the opinion that KC only pays attention to scenes that involve Laurel. It's the only way i can explain why her head canon of the show differs so much from the cast/writers.

I'm not surprised she doesn't read or watch the flashbacks. Granted, I can't blame her for skipping the flashbacks, they're boring and stupid

Oh, I agree about her not reading other characters' scenes.

Btw, when I said I expected more from her, I meant I expected more of her usual cons shenanigans, since she's our primary source for hilarity. :) Don't blame her for skipping the fb at all, haha.

• Love 1

I'm not saying never, I'm saying not straight after their break up.

For me it's different, bc fundamentally he decided he was going to die, so couldn't be with anyone, which included Felicity. Now he has decided to live. I very much do not believe that if they broke up and she went to Gotham or something that he would just never ever date again because if he can't have her he will be alone forever. In S3 he'd decided to be alone first, before making the decision about Felicity.

Still do not think he'll hook up with BM, who's as far as we know in only one episode, and definitely not with LL, bc it just won't happen.

• Love 1

As much as I like Nyssa, I really have no interest in them going back to the NP marriage. I hate that vagueness, so is he married, is he not? Does it only count in NP? Make up your mind. Oliver generally has too much female drama surrounding him. Most of it is his own fault. Or the writer's fault. I don't understand why anyone in the writer's room would think that the lie would go over well with anyone. Especially considering they actually did pretty well on the relationship front. 

I have to admit I like that KC doesn't care about the flashback. I am right there with her. 

If it is Donna in the grave, I'd feel utterly terrible for Felicity. I mean, she doesn't need to lose anything and everyone. And I'd miss Mama Smoak.

Also, will William just be a plot device or will he actually be around? Because generally speaking most fathers do see their kids once in a while. Is he going to be doing that off-screen? I don't know what will be worse...Oliver's son being around all the time or always alluding to him visiting the William. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 3

I like the quote about how Felicity being in a wheelchair will affect/challenge her in a very direct way. But I do hope we get some scenes where the characters ask how she's doing/handling things. Some acknowledgement or something. 

Just to be clear, as an attorney (who is once again ashamed Guggie graduated from my law school, but I am betting he graduated without honors), it was technically a lie. By which I mean that had Oliver made those statements in those circumstances, under oath, he could be prosecuted for perjury.

SA's statement that they "don't really address Felicity being in the wheelchair" seems to make it clear that that storyline is not going to be a big thing for her. Probably a little bit in the next episode and then pretty well ignored.

Well looks like I won't be watching the rest of the season. I was hoping for good Felicity stuff but looks like 4b will just be a drag for her. Still waiting on her CEO arc to begin b/c so far it's just been "cute/funny" scenes with Curtis. No thank you.

Gotta say, Arrow is making it real hard to look forward to the rest of season 4. So far, the upcoming storylines that we know are - FS paralyzed, BMD/return of the spawn, acknowledgement of the Nyssa/Oliver marriage, Olicity breakup and death of a supposedly 'major' character.

I like that Arrow is darker and am not here for all fluff all the time but am having a hard time understanding how they expect fans to drum up excitement when everything we hear seems to be a major downer. 

• Love 9

From what I got off of the live tweets, the whole panel seemed a bit Meh.

Oliver's lying and Felicity's paralysis. What fun topics. 

One of the people said KC seemed a bit subdued. 

JB is JB and he and SA seemed to have quite the weekend. KL seems like such a sweetheart. 

• Love 2