Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Honestly the brief glimpse of flashback/hallucination Felicity got me more excited for the show than anything else in that promo. 

Also Lyla can't die right? We have spoilers about her for episodes past what they have filmed for that promo right? 

• Love 6

I know he won't die, but seeing him with the gun behind his chin still made an impression.

How did they manage to keep Katana and Shado under wrap??

The gun really shocked me as well. Frankly, I don't blame him one bit. At that point in time his life has literally been careening downhill for three years. If anybody has the right to want to end it, it's him.

As for keeping things under wrap, those were pretty awesome surprises. And I suppose the whole thing with keeping the TV and movie universes separate is now a thing of the past. Good. It seemed pretty lame to me anyhow, since I never thought it made that much sense anyway.

• Love 1

Also Lyla can't die right? We have spoilers about her for episodes past what they have filmed for that promo right? 

She on The Flash for 2x15, so presumably alive up until Arrow 4x15 at least. 

• Love 1

I agree that the trailer was really good. Katana! Goth!Felicity! Kudos on TPTB for actually surprising me. I'm a bit more wary of the execution, but I'm more than willing to be pleasantly surprised. Honestly, if they hadn't thrown in and imo completely botched the BM crap, which I felt really derailed the story, I would be thrilled with the way this season is going.

However, I am way more than tired of the will or will not Oliver kill or whatever moral dilemma we are going to rehash. There had better be a new spin on it because it repetitive and lame at this point. 

And hands off Lyla! That is all.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 7

That first scene with Thea unconscious in hospital...Oliver looks like he's wearing his funeral suit. I wonder if Thea gets injured at the same time someone dies? Maybe she's still unconscious even after the funeral.

I think it's too early for the funeral. They're on 15/16 right? I suspect the death will be closer to 19 or 20. 

I think it's too early for the funeral. They're on 15/16 right? I suspect the death will be closer to 19 or 20. 

There will be a flash forward between episodes 10 and 15. They're currently filming 15, so the hospital scene is from 4x14 at the latest.

That might be Shado's random twin. I hope so but I doubt it.

My theory for that is that it was never Shado's twin-- she just lost her memory due to whatever it was that brought her back from the dead. That's why we never saw the twin's shoulder- because it would have had the tattoo. Wasn't the twin also looking at a photo of Shado with the tattoo visible?

Also interesting is that it was that tattoo that Oliver got removed, and since we haven't had enough shirtless scenes of Oliver to justify the removal of a tattoo (for make-up time for Amell) there has to be another reason... 

(It's a crack theory. I seem to have a lot of them for this show) 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 4

WM Said we'd find out where everyone's going to be during the time of the death... So I think a flash forward isn't out of the question...

ETA or as everyone else said :p

Edited by wonderwall

One of the comments in the News thread made me think. Another reason I think we will get another flash forward in 410 is to remind everyone of the "six months" timeline. A lot of people have forgotten, or think there may have been a time jump. Hence another flash forward but with "three months later" this time, to get everyone back on the same page as far as the timeline goes. Just to remind everyone that, yes Felicity lives, but someone is still going to die.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

One of the comments in the News thread made me think. Another reason I think we will get another flash forward in 410 is to remind everyone of the "six months" timeline. A lot of people have forgotten, or think there may have been a time jump. Hence another flash forward but with "three months later" this time, to get everyone back on the same page as far as the timeline goes. Just to remind everyone that, yes Felicity lives, but someone is still going to die.

Good point, plus it could be a bit of symmetry, start off S4 with flash foward, start off mid-season 4 with a follow up.
  • Love 3

Couple of dudes I have no idea who they are: the guy shooting Lyla, and the dude with the backpack -- is it the same one Curtis is fighting with?

Edit: Or is the guy with the backpack Roy?

Edited by dtissagirl

My theory for that is that it was never Shado's twin-- she just lost her memory due to whatever it was that brought her back from the dead. That's why we never saw the twin's shoulder- because it would have had the tattoo. Wasn't the twin also looking at a photo of Shado with the tattoo visible?

Also interesting is that it was that tattoo that Oliver got removed, and since we haven't had enough shirtless scenes of Oliver to justify the removal of a tattoo (for make-up time for Amell) there has to be another reason... 

(It's a crack theory. I seem to have a lot of them for this show) 

Good theory.. but that was a point blank shot to the brain. It's pretty hard to come back from that... but who knows it's possible. I liked Shado though, so if it works to get her back I'm good.

The shot shows her in arrow like hood, so I wonder if perhaps she is part of the flashback episode and OQ hallucinates her. Or if her spirit is in the cave. I don't think the clip we see of her is from the present day.

They should just have an all hallucination episode. That way they can get everybody back that can come to film that week.

• Love 2

A flash forward scene or does the entire narrative jump forward? 

Scene or scenes, not the whole story moving forward.

Disappointed we didn't get a glimpse of Calculator, shocked at all the other characters we saw.

Coupled with the fact that there have been zero photos of Tom Amandes from the set makes me think (hope?) it's going to be something big and they have reason for not revealing anything besides the fact that he was cast as the character and brings Roy back.

• Love 1

Hope in that one particular scene they are not trying to utilize Laurel and some sort of moral compass for Oliver when she's talking about a personal vendetta. Oliver really doesn't accept too much advice from Laurel just saying.

BTW wonder where Laurel is at during this fight scene: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CZHExXyWAAE9WTr.mp4

They are using a lot of Quentin and Laurel together in the field or at least in one particular episode/scene highlighted in this trailer. So maybe that really raises the stake that one of them could perform a heroic act to save the other resulting in the ultimate sacrifice. 

Lots of good stuff and to me a lot of missing stuff, glad there was no sighting of BM hopefully that means that their importance really isn't much and that story line will be wrapped up without much fanfare.

• Love 1

Should Laurel be talking about keeping people prisoner? I'm just asking.

It also looked like she is wearing the same outfit from when her and Lance are running, which I believe is 4x14. Oliver must be going off the rails for awhile. 

• Love 9

Disappointed we didn't get a glimpse of Calculator, shocked at all the other characters we saw.

We couldn't see Calculator because that would reveal that FS did not die.... If they reveal him, they would probably have to reveal her and/or the wheelchair. And we are all supposed to believe that FS is in the grave. The promo people are probably the most excited people to have tomorrow's episode probably air.

I do like all the other random people they put in, so I'm ok if they kept out Calculator, plus it increases the mystery of his story.

• Love 1

Should Laurel be talking about keeping people prisoner? I'm just asking.

Should Laurel be talking about personal vendettas? I seem to remember a guy with a broken arm in the hospital, plus Kommodo.*

Should Laurel be talking at all?

ETA: *Oh, yeah, and the whole Arrow Hunt she lead in S2. :D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 19

I wonder why Oliver and Malcolm are fighting in front of Nyssa and some other league guys. 

Is it Malcolm? I wasn't sure whether it was him or a random League stooge.

I didn't even catch Thea and Roy hugging. So sweet. Dump Alex, Thea.

tumblr_o17vtg3sCH1s1pv1uo1_500.gif

• Love 1

Good theory.. but that was a point blank shot to the brain. It's pretty hard to come back from that... but who knows it's possible. I liked Shado though, so if it works to get her back I'm good.

The shot shows her in arrow like hood, so I wonder if perhaps she is part of the flashback episode and OQ hallucinates her. Or if her spirit is in the cave. I don't think the clip we see of her is from the present day.

Maybe its felicity who hallucinates her?

Honestly, that trailer didn't really excite me for the rest of the season. It was like a glimpse of the show without Felicity and I have no interest in that. It really did feel like something was missing. 

LL preaching about not holding someone prisoner is like LOL worthy. Hello pot, here's kettle. And I literally have no desire to see her talk down to Oliver. I'm sure she's supposedly there filling in for the Felicity-type speech but she just comes across as cold. Sorry. 

Diggle/Lyla/Andy looks pretty great though and Roy's return looks like a lot of fun. But on the whole, meh.

I figured they could at least do a shot of the Calculator because he is also tied to Roy's storyline. Or just an image of him would tie me over.

I'm just a little frustrated with the lack of Felicity. I understand it, but I've been waiting for her story and I'm so excited about her and Calculator. I need a tease or something.

I was thinking about Laurel's talks to Oliver (about how it isn't his fault and the prisoner thing). It certainly sounded like she is going to try to be something of a moral compass. Which he rejects and goes to Malcolm. LOL

• Love 3
(edited)

Honestly, that trailer didn't really excite me for the rest of the season. It was like a glimpse of the show without Felicity and I have no interest in that. It really did feel like something was missing.

LL preaching about not holding someone prisoner is like LOL worthy. Hello pot, here's kettle. And I literally have no desire to see her talk down to Oliver. I'm sure she's supposedly there filling in for the Felicity-type speech but she just comes across as cold. Sorry.

Diggle/Lyla/Andy looks pretty great though and Roy's return looks like a lot of fun. But on the whole, meh.

Nah, I'm betting that's Laurel's whole vigilante vs DA storyline that WM talked about earlier.

However in true Laurel (AKA hypocrite) fashion, vendetta's, holding people prisoner, going around the law is perfectly acceptable as long as she's the one doing it. But if it's anyone else...

Although, if I wanted to think on the brightside they're setting up a huge rift with the way Oliver does things and the way Laurel thinks he should do things. End result, after Lance heroically dies saving Laurel. Laurel decides to leave town and find her own city to protect, with her own team, that does everything the RIGHT way AKA Her way.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 15

Yeah, the Laurel pep-talking of it all was very grating to me. Alas, it was bound to happen at some point.

How would she unless Oliver did a sketch of her or something?

We finally found out what the journal was for, sketches!

• Love 5

We couldn't see Calculator because that would reveal that FS did not die.... If they reveal him, they would probably have to reveal her and/or the wheelchair. And we are all supposed to believe that FS is in the grave. The promo people are probably the most excited people to have tomorrow's episode probably air.

I do like all the other random people they put in, so I'm ok if they kept out Calculator, plus it increases the mystery of his story.

They're tying the Calculator to Roy, only fans have so far tied him to Felicity, so they could still have shown him without hinting at Felicity's fate. I really doubt the general audience have him pegged as Papa Smoak.

Nah, I'm betting that's Laurel's whole vigilante vs DA storyline that WM talked about earlier.

However in true Laurel (AKA hypocrite) fashion, vendetta's, holding people prisoner, going around the law is perfectly acceptable as long as she's the one doing it. But if it's anyone else...

Although, if I wanted to think on the brightside they're setting up a huge rift with the way Oliver does things and the way Laurel thinks he should do things. End result, after Lance heroically dies saving Laurel. Laurel decides to leave town and find her own city to protect, with her own team, that does everything the RIGHT way AKA Her way.

One can only hope...

I still think the journal is going to be one of the get out of the doghouse tactics the show uses to have FS forgive OQ for not telling her about BM & William. He's been journaling about his emotions and being torn between wanting to tell FS the truth and being forced to keep it quiet as a result of the ultimatum.

FS will probably find it while they are renovating the loft to accommodate her wheelchair for the month or so they need to have it on the show.