Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm iffy on 4x10. I'm not that excited about it to be honest, but I'm hoping for some strong character moments from Oliver and Diggle. 4x11 I'm watching for Diggle/Felicity. 4x12 for Roy. 4x13 for Felicity/Calculator. Not much has come out beyond that that I'm excited about.

I had no idea Nyssa was in 412. What's her move? Please punch Laurel really hard, Nyssa!

I imagine it's a move against Malcolm. He's got to be the biggest factor for her. Or maybe she gets her marriage to Oliver annuled. Otherwise, there could be a heartwarming scene of handling introductions between his current wife, future wife and baby mama. 

• Love 9

I had no idea Nyssa was in 412. What's her move? Please punch Laurel really hard, Nyssa!

It's going to be more:

Nyssa punches. Laurel blocks, flips Nyssa. Laurel holds her down. Laurel flips her hair.

"It was for the best. My love saved her. She is a legend now. You were misguided and wrong." 

"I was imprisoned!"

"We don't talk about that. In fact, forget all about it!"

"I was having tea with Malcolm. You were right along. Thank you for saving Sara!."

Laurel lets her up, flips her hair. Camera focus in on her eye lashes. She looks at the camera and smirks. "It's just what heroes do."

• Love 13

I'm assuming its going to be like 4.03 where the majority of the screen time is on the Team/Roy with Nyssa and Malcolm in the background. Curious if Nyssa gets to SC or if it takes place in Nanda Parbat.

Really looking forward to 4x12 because of Tom Amandes and hopefully because Felicity's back story may be addressed some what in this episode. Is Donna in this episode?

CYyQxYAWcAAb4N0.jpg

"The Calculator" he is going to be a beast in this role, or at least I hope he is (depending on the script)! He is such an awesome actor. I loved him in "Everwood" and his episodes on "Scandal" and things he's done before those as well. I'm ready!!!

Side Note: Damn he is one of those actors who only gets finer with age!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

I'm iffy on 4x10. I'm not that excited about it to be honest, but I'm hoping for some strong character moments from Oliver and Diggle. 4x11 I'm watching for Diggle/Felicity. 4x12 for Roy. 4x13 for Felicity/Calculator. Not much has come out beyond that that I'm excited about.

On a similar boat myself. I do remember that I wasn't looking to forward to 310 either, but I ended up actually really liking it, so I'm giving 410 a chance. I'm kind of excited for Diggle flashbacks again for 411, 412 has Roy in it, and it might be another Felicity episode in 413 (can't wait for that description next week, once we can stop pretending that Felicity is dead). 414 does have Donna in it, so that's bit of a highlight, and 415 has Vixen in it, which I'm curious to see. Also, I just want to have confirmation about how this plot is going. We may be 99% right on how it's going to develop, but I'd at least like confirmation. Besides, I'm never really a completely bitter watcher. I get grumbly about some plot points sometimes, but they never keep me mad enough to stop watching.

Really looking forward to 4x12 because of Tom Amandes and hopefully because Felicity's back story may be addressed some what in this episode. Is Donna in this episode?

Honestly, I'm expecting it not to be revealed that he's her dad until the very end of the episode, to set up for 413, since Donna's in that one, not 412. Hopefully they do touch on Felicity's back story a bit more in 413, or at least reveal why/when/how her dad left.

• Love 1

Ummm I agree if Donna is in 4x13 and not 4x12 they may only set the ground work in motion for more discussion of her father and back story in the next episode.

So upcoming episodes are:

4x10  Blood Debts

4x11  A.W.O.L

4X12  Unchained

4x13  Sins Of The Father

4x14  Code Of Silence

4x15  Taken

Edited by Ann Mack

Nyssa makes her move? On what? LOL. Are we to assume that she's been held prisoner all this time?! I'd want to kill them all. 

I imagine it's a move against Malcolm. He's got to be the biggest factor for her. Or maybe she gets her marriage to Oliver annuled. Otherwise, there could be a heartwarming scene of handling introductions between his current wife, future wife and baby mama.

Perhaps him having a biological child prior to the marriage nullifies the marriage... Like some weird law in NP cultural law. I'm only half kidding. I would love if somehow they linked two of their most stubbornly stupidly executed stories together for one big kabam of stupid.

I wonder if the thing they never did before with a Villain is have Malcolm and Darhk team up?

Yea, I think I suggested something similar a few pages ago.

• Love 2

I'm not ruling it out but why would Malcolm team up with DD? He's a more dangerous psychopath than even Malcolm himself.

I was trying to think of things they haven't done with villains and then the bit about Nyssa makes her move. Figured there might be something where Malcom makes a deal with DD to help each other out.

Malcolm isn't above making deals with psychopaths, since he apparently made a deal with Vandal Savage

• Love 1

Plus, Malcolm seems like he would want in on whatever magic Darhk has, especially since at this point the Lazarus Pit is gone and he's become vulnerable to death again.

Something did feel like Oliver saying, "I'm going to kill him," meant someone besides Darhk, or at least it did to me. It's probably me looking too much into that grave scene, but it would be a nice twist to finally have everyone go after Malcolm at this point, especially since Malcolm knows even more about them now than when he was the villain in s1. With the new rumor going around that I saw that maybe Darhk dies or gets defeated early on to have a new villain take center for the last few episode has really got me thinking about the possibilities of what they might do.

It sounds like there may be some Bane-issues with that Anarchy mask.

It does seem a bit weird to have Anarchy in an episode where they should be going at DD full throttle. Maybe Anarchy comes into the picture and Oliver goes after him to release the rage. He goes back to the hospital after Felicity is out of surgery, finds out her condition and then goes after DD?

I wonder if Diggle is unleashing on Andy in response to the attack on Felicity. I hope so. I need Diggle to talk about how Felicity is his family too.

I hope this is what Diggle is doing! Please Lord give us something to look forward to!

I reread the description for 4x12. That's kind of awkward. A villain nicknamed The Calculator. Like did he get the nickname in middle school? Did his buddies name him that or was he assigned the nickname when he joined Villain Club?

I reread the description for 4x12. That's kind of awkward. A villain nicknamed The Calculator. Like did he get the nickname in middle school? Did his buddies name him that or was he assigned the nickname when he joined Villain Club?

It's like they stopped trying with the episode descriptions lmao

It's like they stopped trying with the episode descriptions lmao

I dunno... if I were the one writing those descriptions, I'd be exasperated too.

"Wait, you want me to summarize the episode without mentioning Felicity's storyline? Are we still pretending she's the one in the grave? Come on, guys! Everyone already knows she's not dead-- oh fine! Whatever."

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

Donna is in 410 and 413. No word on whether she's in 411 or 412. I suspect that she is not. I'm guessing that the Calculator is revealed only as the villain in 412 and then in the last two minutes of the episode, he's revealed to be Felicity's father. Then 413 will the episode in which Donna returns and we have the Smoak family 'reunion'.

Edited by tv echo

Regarding the LoT EP Phil Klemmer interview (just posted on page 28 of the Spoilers thread), where he says that they'll visit Star City in the future to see the consequences of the removal of our Legends from their own timelines...

I wonder if that's when we'll see the future, older Oliver (on LoT) and what he's like in this alternate future.  In such a scenario, they could show Oliver married to anyone at all and it wouldn't matter because it's an alternate future.

I wonder if that's when we'll see the future, older Oliver (on LoT) and what he's like in this alternate future. In such a scenario, they could show Oliver married to anyone at all and it wouldn't matter because it's an alternate future.

In theory that is true but can you imagine the anger if they allude to the fact that he married LL. They probably should deactive their Twitter accounts for some time if that happens...

Edited by Belinea

This season's slogal was about "embracing your darkness". But so far it's all been about doing things differently and fighting in the light. So.. I hope this darkness thing isn't only for this 1 episode lol.

(edited)

When was this seasons slogan about embracing your darkness? I don't remember that. I remember them saying this season was about Oliver becoming GA and being more happy. I remember them saying this season was about Family both born and chosen. I remember them saying this season was about Oliver healing and becoming whole/healthy and moving closer to the Comicbook GA.

I honestly don't remember them saying anything about S4 being darker. Unless they were talking about past Oliver?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

When was this seasons slogan about embracing your darkness? I don't remember that. I remember them saying this season was about Oliver becoming GA and being more happy. I remember them saying this season was about Family both born and chosen. I remember them saying this season was about Oliver healing and becoming whole/healthy and moving closer to the Comicbook GA.

I honestly don't remember them saying anything about S4 being darker. Unless they were talking about past Oliver?

Imo moving closer to Comicbook GA is the worst they can do. The show became popular with the Oliver they created. I honestly see no point in moving closer to comicbook version and i would presonally hate that.

• Love 3

Edited by mod:  Please don't speculate on what "comic book fans" want or don't want from the show. That's talking about fandoms , rather than discussing the show.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker

I wonder if that's when we'll see the future, older Oliver (on LoT) and what he's like in this alternate future.  In such a scenario, they could show Oliver married to anyone at all and it wouldn't matter because it's an alternate future.

That's what I always assumed the supposed episode with Oliver would be about (the shots of the destroyed Arrow cave 2.0,, Oliver appearing in different shots within one of the promos, CL being excited for a guest star in 106, SA hinting that he's wearing the GA facial hair by saying he has to go back on his word around the same time, the shots of the team visiting some graves, etc.). I just wonder dark they would make the hypothetical future. As much as I would like to see gruff, vigilante Oliver again, I wouldn't want to know that essentially his life, and Star City, would go to ruins just because Sara and Ray, and other people that he's essentially never met before, are not in the timeline. Knowing that if people in his life like Diggle, Thea, or Felicity being gone would cause him to have a chaotic future would be one thing, but Ray and Sara? Eh, it feels strange to me, but it is their show. I just don't want Oliver's life to be completely tied into what the Legends crew do or don't do.

[Edited by mod: No fandom talk, please.]

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 5

I don't even think of comic book Oliver as "happy"? He's extremely sarcastic, and he makes fun of everything ever, and every other sentence he says is a terribad pun, but a whole lot of it is facade. Smallville Oliver had that kind of personality, but that ship has totally sailed re: Arrow Oliver.

• Love 1

I was thinking to myself. Do you guys think Oliver has lost his season 1 intensity because he's not a sociopath anymore? He was super focused on the list and correcting his father's wrings. It seems strange that he can't take down 12 dudes anymore (or maybe just because the other newbies have to look good) but Oliver has his butt handed to him often now.

Not so much "he's happy, it's Felicity's fault, you can't have a happy vigilante" but that ridiculous, laser focus he had to do what he needs no matter the cost (including killing).

Does anyone think that "I'm going to kill him" could be Oliver talking about Malcolm?

I was thinking to myself. Do you guys think Oliver has lost his season 1 intensity because he's not a sociopath anymore? He was super focused on the list and correcting his father's wrings. It seems strange that he can't take down 12 dudes anymore (or maybe just because the other newbies have to look good) but Oliver has his butt handed to him often now.

Not so much "he's happy, it's Felicity's fault, you can't have a happy vigilante" but that ridiculous, laser focus he had to do what he needs no matter the cost (including killing).

I think this could be the best reason for his Now Gets Beat Up more easily thing.  If that's the case, then I think we need to see that addressed on the show.  If he goes into S1 Mode of killing anyone in the way, regardless of the headcount, then yes, I think his mindset and motivations would be clearer.

Does that mean it's Felicity's fault?  I hope not.  We've seen Oliver make great strides since Tommy died to act more honorably.  I don't want him to regress to being a killing machine.  If it's temporary, that's one thing.  It's still a regression, though, and should have consequences.

I don't think Oliver's skills being dumbed down and him being less badass in fight scenes has anything to do with him being happy or being with Felicity.I think they write him as happy in a convincing in character way and I don't think there's any narrative reason for the dumbing down of his skills,its all bts and propping others reasons.

They don't even give him action scenes they used to.We have more of him standing around shooting arrows and watching others fight then we have him in hand to hand combat.They give those scenes to Thea and Laurel and they look a lot less impressive because they can't do the stunts SA can and they have to work around that.

Him being beaten so much is always there to make it seem like he needs a big team and 3 people as back up at all times.There is no other reason for it at all.

• Love 11

I blame the problem on the obvious stunt issues, too many masks, too much plot requiring him to lose, and the new GA suit. That suit does not create an intimating figure. Ignoring the short sleeves and weird shape, they changed the hood shape (and possibly the mask but I'm not certain of that). The new hood falls like a bonnet so it frames his face more and I always think he has a double chin. That is not an intimating look.

In case you can't tell, I love to bitch about that suit and I am willing to put a lot of blame on it.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3
(edited)

So, 2nd unit filming for 414 or 415? He was still filming 414 stuff on Monday, not sure if that was delayed 1st unit or 2nd unit stuff. It was filmed with EBR/CR but they were also filming with Vixen last week so 415 principal filming started as well.

Edited by Morrigan2575

They should just change the name to the Justice League and be done with it. All these heroes are just gonna take away from Oliver's importance (and screen time) in the end. Meh.