Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm a known pessimist, but Laura Hurley isn't, and she's seen the episode.  Check out her Tumblr right now and tell me it doesn't sound bad.

She's really not making it seem that bad IMO. I mean, it doesn't seem like sunshine and roses, but not completely terrible.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

What parallel, him leaving to fight Ra's last year? Where is this from? It's not in that clip where they all arrive at the farm even if it obviously comes straight after it.

I wonder where Oliver's going. Pretty sure not to Samantha's house seeing as I seem to recall him being in a different outfit for that. I guess to investigate, although I'm not clear on how he would be going about that.

It's a parallel to Felicity turning away from Oliver to go back to the house later that night. They're both standing in similar locations and everything. 

It's from the CW Arrow twitter.

• Love 1

I have nothing of value to add other than to note that the wardrobe people are making amends to us for that terrible shirt last night by putting Oliver in what are my favorite pants in the 4x08 clip.  Also, Felicity is wearing her hair down, so like Pavlov's dog I'm expecting a little lovin' between O & F.

• Love 3

She's really not making it seem that bad IMO. I mean, it doesn't seem like sunshine and roses, but not completely terrible.

That's the impression I'm getting. It sounds complicated to me. Given the subject matter I can't see how it's not. 

It's a touchy subject so I'm with holding my opinion until I see it.

• Love 2

Looks like Mama Smoak is coming back for 413

Tom Amandes is definitely the father. And crap. Now I sort of want him to go, "Felicity, I am your father" over the PA system. Darth Vader that shit.

• Love 8

Okay.  I think you're all giving the writers of Arrow S3 way, way too much credit.

They've been playing nicely with the class for the most part this season plus I see no benefit in getting upset about something that might happen. And it might also not. I'll get pissed if they actually piss me off, not pre-emptively. That seems like a waste of energy.

• Love 9

They've been playing nicely with the class for the most part this season plus I see no benefit in getting upset about something that might happen. And it might also not. I'll get pissed if they actually piss me off, not pre-emptively. That seems like a waste of energy.

I haven't particularly liked this season.  It has really only been good relative to S3, which was the crap season of all crap seasons.  I've liked O/F and Thea.  That's pretty much it.  DD is okay but a bit nonsensical and hasn't done much at this point.  I'm pretty sure they're going to blow up O/F tonight, so that's 50% of what I've actually enjoyed gone.  I think they're going to use time travel to fix it after they blow it up, but I'll always know they broke up.

• Love 1

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, it's going pretty much as badly as I expected, including Oliver agreeing to keep the secret from Felicity.  Never expect anything good from these writers.  If he does keep it, she should dump him, not marry him.

And it's all going to be undone by time travel, but we'll still know.

Edited by AyChihuahua

From what I'm seeing on Twitter, it's going pretty much as bad as I expected, including Oliver agreeing to keep the secret from Felicity.  Never expect anything good from these writers.  If he does keep it, she should dump him, not marry him.

And it's all going to be undone by time travel, but we'll still know.

But you just know there will be hatred flung at Felicity. "How dare she get mad cause Oliver keep a secret from her!!" SMH

But you just know there will be hatred flung at Felicity. "How dare she get mad cause Oliver keep a secret from her!!" SMH

I'm kind of done figuring out who's the worse person.  I'm just done with the angst.  They've tapped me out.

Sigh....:(

Yep. We know she doesn't care that he has a kid, but she cares about the lying so...they'll be breaking up at some point, because I'm guessing he'll propose to her before he tells her. This dude lost everything in his life by keeping secrets, and is probably going to be dumb enough to keep another one. And dumb enough to think his *wife* won't find out he has a kid. He's too stupid to live. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

My poor heart went up in flames, especially when Oliver did. :-(

Honest to gods, I did not see that coming. That shocked me.

I mean so like Oliver is practically an honorary Winchester now with two deaths and two resurrections! Just give me my damn crossover already.

• Love 2

Yep. We know she doesn't care that he has a kid, but she cares about the lying so...they'll be breaking up at some point, because I'm guessing he'll propose to her before he tells her. This dude lost everything in his life by keeping secrets, and is probably going to be dumb enough to keep another one. And dumb enough to think his *wife* won't find out he has a kid. He's too stupid to live. 

While I would have liked a stable relationship, sadly, I've always believed Olicity would break up at some point because these writers aren't very good or innovative, and the "breakup" is classic, lame, TV Trope 101. I just hope it won't be too character killing when it happens. I can't do another round of S3.

WTF? So this was really just an extended Flash.LOT episode. Pretty annoying.

Why do they have to make Oliver so stupid again :(. I just really want my Oliver Queen back.

No Oliver you have not known the mother a long time. I hate this so much.

Hahaha Malcolm.

• Love 1

I don't understand the proposal anymore. He is going to ask her to marry him with this hanging over his head? 

I could cry right now. Not because I'm so sad, but because I'm so mad. The ultimate SMAD.

• Love 15

Yeah.  It really ruins the proposal.  It even makes it hard to understand why he would propose if he hasn't told her yet.  That's carrying compartmentalizing too far.

That unfortunately was inevitable.  The question was only why they would break up.

He really is too stupid to live.  He lost Felicity once by not being honest with her. What's that about the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over and thinking it will turn out differently.

Do you think they will reveal the kid this season or save it for next?

• Love 2

I think Oliver or rather hope Oliver tells her before he proposes. Then again, Season 3. 

I think the writers needed some manufactured drama because you can't have happy tv romances for long periods of time because of the unwritten tv land law. 

• Love 1

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse....

In both versions of the timeline, Oliver chose to keep his son’s existence a secret from Felicity – the only difference is that the second time around, Felicity didn’t inadvertently find out the truth from Barry. But it’s only a matter of time before Oliver’s decision rears its head again, according to “Arrow” executive producer Wendy Mericle.

“It’s definitely going to come to a head in the middle of the season. We can’t tell you how that’s gonna happen. But obviously for the arc of Oliver and Felicity’s relationship this season, the fact that he’s keeping this from her … true to what we’ve done on the show, if there’s a secret somewhere, it’s going to come out and it’s going to have some serious consequences,” she noted. “We’re really excited about how that’s going to change things and it’s really gonna raise the stakes and throw some wrenches into the works of their relationship — which so far this season has been pretty smooth sailing. True to form, we’re gonna really mine that. There’ll be some fallout for both of them.”

So after Felicity fights to recover from whatever injury she had, this is going to hit her in the face?

Thanks, AK, for giving Anna Hopkins a real storyline.  Not.

• Love 3

On the plus side, I find myself less concerned that Felicity is the one in the grave.  Not because anything here proved it is not her, but because Felicity deserves so much better and I am this close to hoping EBR finds something else (better) to do and decides to leave this show.   

Laurel can have Oliver's lying ass.  I used to think he didn't deserve her heinousness but now - they may just be perfect for each other. 

Other than the blurry video do we have anything that indicates that Oliver proposes next week?  I really don't think I can forgive him if he proposes a week after deciding lie to Felicity because some other lying witch told him to.  EBR said she had not tried on the ring - please let this still be true.   

I also assume, having cheated death, the rest of the season will see death coming for Oliver for no other reason than he is too stupid to live. 

• Love 4

So it's April Nardini all over again.  And he's going to PROPOSE without telling her.  

I'm back to being done with Oliver.

The same controlling mom putting conditions on him getting to see his kid that has him imploding his relationship but at least Luke asked for the wedding to be put on hold while he got his life under control. 

Oliver is taking it to sooo much worse a level by proposing while keeping this a secret.  What's his reasoning?  Does he think that Samantha  might let him tell his wife?   Why the hell is Oliver the FUCKING GREEN ARROW Queen letting someone dictate this to him?  It makes no sense. 

Other than the blurry video do we have anything that indicates that Oliver proposes next week?  I really don't think I can forgive him if he proposes a week after deciding lie to Felicity because some other lying witch told him to.  EBR said she had not tried on the ring - please let this still be true.

No, not really. We don't know for sure for sure. 

I hate that I'm now holding out hope that he does not propose. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Since all signs are pointing to Felicity getting seriously hurt in the MSF does that mean that Barry can just swoop in and turn back time to stop it from happening? If he doesn't do that and she ends up paralyzed or sterile then he's the worst friend ever.

Hey, I'm just throwing that out there since the writers stupidly insisted on introducing the time travel element on Arrow.

• Love 5

Since all signs are pointing to Felicity getting seriously hurt in the MSF does that mean that Barry can just swoop in and turn back time to stop it from happening? If he doesn't do that and she ends up paralyzed or sterile then he's the worst friend ever.

Hey, I'm just throwing that out there since the writers stupidly insisted on introducing the time travel element on Arrow.

On the bright side I feel pretty confident that Felicity is not pregnant and therefore also will not get the now sterile storyline either. 

Same. Don't want it. Cut it, please. 

I know they won't, but...

I'm seriously thinking about not watching next week and putting it off until the stupid is not as strong with this one.  I've gotten through some truly painful storylines on Once Upon a Time by binging straight through until I get to an episode where it doesn't hurt so much. 

• Love 2

I'm thinking that whatever happens to Felicity will prompt Oliver to tell her the truth. She will break up with him because he LIED to her TWICE. She will work thru her injury and her father issues ALONE, because her and Oliver are now distance.

I'm so fucking mad about Oliver doing this yet Felicity is the only one I can stomach him with. I love Olicity and yet I feel right now he doesn't deserve her and yet I will never support going back to LOLiver

I think Oliver or rather hope Oliver tells her before he proposes. Then again, Season 3. 

I think the writers needed some manufactured drama because you can't have happy tv romances for long periods of time because of the unwritten tv land law. 

There's no way he tell her first.  He proposes next episode.  

I'm thinking that whatever happens to Felicity will prompt Oliver to tell her the truth. She will break up with him because he LIED to her TWICE. She will work thru her injury and her father issues ALONE, because her and Oliver are now distance.

That sounds possible, so again, S3 ALL OVER AGAIN.

Yep I see it happening. Didn't WM say that Felicitys Dad storyline Will be about her like it should be. I'm also realizing mid season is technically 11 or 12th episode so I bet Felicity finds out around then

• Love 1

Probably and as a friend of mine pointed out the standard timeline.

Felicity finds out in 412/413

Olicity breakup for 412/413-419

Death happens and Olicity get back together in 420.

It's the same routine just this time no temp relationship unless it's the kid.

• Love 6

We're totally getting O/F midseason drama instead of Lance family drama, aren't we?  Nope, nope, don't care.  Zero tolerance for that after the crapfest that was season 3.  Looks like I might be back to reading episode reactions before watching.  Never change, Arrow.

Yes, I absolutely think that something terrible is happening to Felicity in the next episode.  Gotta make sure that the audience tunes in after the break to see if she lives or dies.  Dun dun dun.  

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3