Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

but it's EXTREMELY UNUSUAL to get a court to force an individual to do something rather than just paying money for refusing to do it, because that's too much like indentured servitude.  So if, for example, SA became a huge movie star, he could breach his contract and just pay money to the studio, and it's very unlikely that a court would instead make him keep performing in Arrow.  The few exceptions are if it's a very short term thing and doesn't involve a lot of forced labor, for example Mariah Carey performing a one-time concert for the King of Dubai.)  (Or, in most states, if it involves the sale of land.)

Going back a couple decades, Pierce Brosnan was on a show, Remington Steele and NBC was looking at not bringing it back for a fifth season.  They were just going to not exercise their option to bring the show back (and the cast and crew, ect) and no harm no foul it would be over and everyone free to take other projects.  It was pretty much open knowledge.  The leads in the show got other gigs.  Stephanie Zimbalist was supposed to be the female cop in Robo Cop (the original movie) and famously, Pierce Brosnan was supposed to become James Bond. 

Alas, alack, the buzz around Brosnan was so strong that people watched the reruns of Remington Steele over the summer and it got good enough rating that almost last minute, the studio invoked it's options and poof, the show was back on. 

I bring this up because this would have been the perfect circumstance for both actors to say, NOPE! And pay their fine and walk away but neither did and both lost their parts in the movies  (and one got his shot a decade later and the other mostly vanished from TV or movies) so it seems to me that while in theory, a court wouldn't force someone to do something they didn't want to, in practice, it seems pretty apparent that contracts can set up those monetary penalties to be too prohibitive to consider. 

• Love 2

I just saw a screenshot of Oliver from the LoT trailer, goatee and all. But he's in the Arrow suit. Now I'm even more intrigued about that LoT episode, because I thought he would appear as a much  older, retired from herodom version of Oliver,  instead it looks like it's set in a not so distant future. 

• Love 1

I just saw a screenshot of Oliver from the LoT trailer, goatee and all. But he's in the Arrow suit. Now I'm even more intrigued about that LoT episode, because I thought he would appear as a much  older, retired from herodom version of Oliver,  instead it looks like it's set in a not so distant future. 

I thought that was interesting, especially coupled with the fact that they have a shot of the destroyed arrow cave--new version--in the trailer as well.  

I thought that was interesting, especially coupled with the fact that they have a shot of the destroyed arrow cave--new version--in the trailer as well.

Really? Wow, I didn't catch that! (I hadn't even noticed the goatee one until I saw it posted by a fan on Stephen's fb page, haha.)

Really? Wow, I didn't catch that! (I hadn't even noticed the goatee one until I saw it posted by a fan on Stephen's fb page, haha.)

I didn't catch any of that either.  I did note that the scene with Oliver was REALLY DARK though. 

I think it is--when he says "when Dark Knights falls".  Of course I didn't get the Superman/Batman reference until second viewing, so I may be wrong.

Edited by thegirlsleuth

Is this a shot of the New Arrow Cave from the LOT trailer?

One of them appears to be Sara . It looks that it has been abandoned for some time.

Yes, it appears to be the new lair...spoilers for LoT

and it's abandoned, we think it's from LoT 1.06 which should have Old Man Oliver and introduce Connor Hawke as the new Green Arrow

I saw the GA fighting in the clip but I couldn't tell you if he had facial hair, it's soooo dark.  I never saw the screencap so if they were able to lighten it up maybe there is a Van Dyke.

ETA: @dtissagirl - The second image looks like it's pulled directly from the video and it just looks like Oliver's normal facial hair.  Plus,

he doesn't look old enough to be the future version implied by both the Connor Hawke character description and CL's tweets

The first image you posted does look like an awful Van Dyke/Goatee but it's way too blurry to tell.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Yeah, I think it's just a blur artifact from screencapping movement. The GIF is way clearer, and there's nothing there. And this is most likely from the LOT pilot, not the Connor Hawke ep.

This makes much more sense. I saw that screencap with the probable goatee and concluded it was from that episode, but I think you're right.

Yeah, I think it's just a blur artifact from screencapping movement. The GIF is way clearer, and there's nothing there. And this is most likely from the LOT pilot, not the Connor Hawke ep.

Until people said he was wearing the goatee/van dyke I just assumed it was from the pilot.  I think you're right.

Going back a couple decades, Pierce Brosnan was on a show, Remington Steele and NBC was looking at not bringing it back for a fifth season.  They were just going to not exercise their option to bring the show back (and the cast and crew, ect) and no harm no foul it would be over and everyone free to take other projects.  It was pretty much open knowledge.  The leads in the show got other gigs.  Stephanie Zimbalist was supposed to be the female cop in Robo Cop (the original movie) and famously, Pierce Brosnan was supposed to become James Bond. 

Alas, alack, the buzz around Brosnan was so strong that people watched the reruns of Remington Steele over the summer and it got good enough rating that almost last minute, the studio invoked it's options and poof, the show was back on. 

I bring this up because this would have been the perfect circumstance for both actors to say, NOPE! And pay their fine and walk away but neither did and both lost their parts in the movies  (and one got his shot a decade later and the other mostly vanished from TV or movies) so it seems to me that while in theory, a court wouldn't force someone to do something they didn't want to, in practice, it seems pretty apparent that contracts can set up those monetary penalties to be too prohibitive to consider. 

Well yeah.  It can't be like $40 billion, but in the Remington Steele case it was probably millions.  Same with SA, it'd likely be millions.  

• Love 1

Forever baffled by anyone wanting that thing on Oliver's face, like somehow a bit of facial hair is honoring the comics. Say whaaaaat?

So, I just posted this in the news thread without realizing it was the news thread, but I was thinking about Roy coming back and I hope he meets Quentin. And that Quentin has a heart attack, or at least shows some sort of regret.

• Love 4

Probably not. That goes against the whole "we're just gonna pretend nothing happened with QL thing" they've got going in s4. It's ridiculous and just adds to my complaint that those Lances are like teflon, nothing sticks to them. I'm gonna stop now because if I let myself I'll unleash a rant that will end with me wondering why I still watch this show and nobody needs that.

• Love 11

So, I just posted this in the news thread without realizing it was the news thread, but I was thinking about Roy coming back and I hope he meets Quentin. And that Quentin has a heart attack, or at least shows some sort of regret.

It would certainly go a long way in repairing what I think about QL but it's doubtful. Like @Lexicon said, nothing sticks to the Lances. Apart from maybe Sara (although not even death sticks to her haha). She's been to actual hell...

Edited by Guest

Or, knowing this show, Quentin might start to say something but they'd have Roy apologize instead for some reason and Quentin would magnanimously accept the apology and Roy would be relieved that his best friend and hero and mentor and father-figure Quentin Lance was happy with him again.

• Love 11

In what way? I thought it was related to the Gambit? (I know very little about this Chappaquiddick).

Chappaquiddick refers to a accident where a car driven by Ted Kennedy went off the road into tidal pond. Kennedy was able to get free from the car but his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, was not. Instead of calling for help or trying to save her, he went home and failed to report the accident for 9 hours. There were all kinds of rumors around the event. That the woman was actually suffocated before the accident. That Kennedy was drunk and that's why he crashed the car and failed to report it until he had sobered up. Whatever the truth is, at the time of the accident it was universally believed that he would go on to follow in John's footsteps and become president. The accident ended up destroying his political career beyond being a Senator.

I'm guessing, but if people think that the Chappaquiddick reference is foreshadowing they might believe that the limo goes into the bay. Oliver is able to save himself but not Felicity. Perhaps even that rumors start after the accident that hurt his mayoral run. 

• Love 1

Chappaquiddick refers to a accident where a car driven by Ted Kennedy went off the road into tidal pond. Kennedy was able to get free from the car but his passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, was not. Instead of calling for help or trying to save her, he went home and failed to report the accident for 9 hours. There were all kinds of rumors around the event. That the woman was actually suffocated before the accident. That Kennedy was drunk and that's why he crashed the car and failed to report it until he had sobered up. Whatever the truth is, at the time of the accident it was universally believed that he would go on to follow in John's footsteps and become president. The accident ended up destroying his political career beyond being a Senator.

I'm guessing, but if people think that the Chappaquiddick reference is foreshadowing they might believe that the limo goes into the bay. Oliver is able to save himself but not Felicity. Perhaps even that rumors start after the accident that hurt his mayoral run. 

Thank you.  I remembered just the part about this other woman from when it was posted when 405 aired, and thought it was actually the same thing, with them being on a boat.

• Love 1

I was actually surprised to see MM show up in 208.  They managed to keep that mostly a secret.  I knew JB said he was crossing over to the Flash but I thought he might have just been talking about the Arrow portion of the Flarrow Crossover

I wonder if the still with EBR in the coat and no glasses is from rehearsal.

I don't know, Willa and David seem to be in character.  I actually wondered if the Thea/Diggle/Kendra picture was during rehersal they look too relaxed and more like David and Willa

Edited by Morrigan2575

Also surprising...doesn't seem Caitlin crosses over either. Unless I missed something.

I have no issues with the crossed arms. I remain perplexed why that's mentioned so often. 

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1

Looks good. Love seeing Felicity in jeans. Yes, shallow comment. Let me have it! 

Oliver with a gun should not be as hot as it is but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯