Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I actually wouldn't mind if BamBams eoisode is the flashback heavy one. It's been awhile since we saw jungle stunts. And I absolutely have no interest in what really happens this season in fb. I mean I care that it makes sense and adds to OQ character journey. But there is very lil emotional stake for me in the fb.

• Love 11

Anxiety disorders are just a hoot!

I hope you know that Statsgirl doesn't mean that OCD is fun in real life. She meant that it's entertaining. Like how psychotic murderers like Kilgrave from Jessica Jones are fun and entertaining, but in real life that's not the case.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Felicitys father is supposed to be a big bombshell. I'm wondering about the timing of the casting because maybe he shows up in Oliver's flashbacks.

I'm hoping Oliver won't be on the island the whole time this season and will be going to Russia?

I now really want Felicity's father to be a leader in the Bratva or at least a VVIP. 

• Love 2

Maybe he is something to do with Bratva. SA did say Olicity's baby would be born with the Bratva tattoo. LMAO I'm reaching so far I might fall over. Haha.

Edited by Guest

Late to the discussion. I'm not worried about Felicity being hurt. Curtis or Oliver will just call Ray and ask how to do a nanite fix for Felicity who will be on life support and she will be at better in no time.. Or the writers will forget that this could be done.

Late to the discussion. I'm not worried about Felicity being hurt. Curtis or Oliver will just call Ray and ask how to do a nanite fix for Felicity who will be on life support and she will be at better in no time.. Or the writers will forget that this could be done.

Ugh Felicity being on Life Support would not be good

Maybe he is something to do with Bratva. SA did say Olicity's baby would be born with the Bratva tattoo. LMAO I'm reaching so far I might fall over. Haha.

When did he say that? I thought it was just glasses and a six pack? Can u have adorable baby chub & a six pack?

I want Felicity's father to be important, but I don't want him to appear first in Oliver's flashbacks.  Let Felicity have a storyline of her own, as Diggle is getting Andy to be mostly about him rather than Oliver.

If he appears in this season's flashbacks, he wouldn't be Bratva though. Unless Bratva was also on Lian Yu. It's apparently the travel destination for all sinister people.

Anxiety disorders are just a hoot!

I live with a family member who has an anxiety disorder with OCD elements and sometimes I think I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next days.  We get by on guts and humor.  I find that sometimes the humor works better than medication when the anxiety takes over.

You should hear me talk about my time with cancer.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11

I will flat-out HATE Oliver just happening to have interacted with Felicity's father in his past.  The world is simply not that small.

Maybe Bratva shows up on the island to cultivate the miracle herbs.  Did Oliver tell Anatoly about them?  They are all total idiots not to have set up a miracle herb farm.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

You know who I suddenly just remembered? Anarky. I thought he was getting more than one episode this season.

I heard the same thing. He would be seen more than once and it was the beginning of his descent into being a bigger villain or something like that lol

• Love 1

MG was on tumblr. 

Roy is interacting with the whole cast. He is only in Ep. 12 right now.

We will see Oliver and Felicity's bedroom again.

We will see Laurel train.

To expand on the Laurel portion. The ask had two questions. Will we see Laurel train and will she have a story arc. He only answered the training question. You know, you would think they would at least pad the Laurel storyline answer. Give something for the Laurel fans. Even if they had nothing in the works he could talk about Laurel being a mask or supporting the Team or being a daughter or a DA. Didn't answer the question. Zero Tease. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

I'm not on tumblr anymore so I can't really tell/don't pay attention. But hasn't he been tweeting how exhausted he is? Maybe it's that.

But why would Laurel need a new costume? She's barely had the one she's wearing. Oliver had to wait 3 seasons before he had an upgrade.

Edited by Guest

Is it me, or has MG been more pissy lately on tumblr?

He didn't throw in a "keep watching" for Laurel's arc. But he did say that he liked Laurel's costume as it is when someone asked him if she will get a new one. 

Not just you. 

I know he made a comment on twitter about barely sleeping when he was asked about not being on Tumblr for awhile. Maybe the weight of working out the crossovers and trying to handle fans expectations/wishes are making him crabby. Even the positive asks seem to receive a less enthused response. 

Honestly, his snarky answer to SmoakandArrow last week really surprised me. The 'If you want' seemed a bit uncalled for given her obvious devotion to the show. Thinking about it, I think he was butt hurt over her twitter comments.

I'm not on tumblr anymore so I can't really tell/don't pay attention. But hasn't he been tweeting how exhausted he is? Maybe it's that.

But why would Laurel need a new costume? She's barely had the one she's wearing. Oliver had to wait 3 seasons before he had an upgrade.

I don't think it's about her needing one, I think it's about the negative response to the current one.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I don't think it's about her needing one, I think it's about the negative response to the current one.

Ah.

Eh. I know when I first saw it I thought there was buckles overload and I still think the fingerless gloves is the dumbest idea ever but I honestly don't give it much thought now. It's functional. 

It's apparently the travel destination for all sinister people.

They should really put it in their promotional material.

Roy is interacting with the whole cast. He is only in Ep. 12 right now.

Yay! I hope there's a mention of someone being in contact with him via that burner phone Felicity gave him.

• Love 1

If he does go back in 4x10, I'm curious about the circumstances, since a) it seems like Felicity's in the hospital and likely was injured by her association to Oliver, and b) it seems incredibly stupid for him to go meet his kid out in public knowing that DD is going after him as a person, but this is Arrow, so...

I really don't see how they could be squeezing Oliver just taking a trip to CC with all that seems to be going on in 410. Unless it's a final tag or something, I can't see that happening. I believe the scenes with Baby Mama are just for the crossover - I did even before the most recent spoiler came out, haha.

• Love 4

I'm hoping 414 is both the Bambam and mostly flashback episode because then I get can skip two birds with one stone

There are a few things about Arrow that I do not understand, at all.  For example, why the EPs didn't chem test SA and KC.  How S3 did so well in the ratings.  How the EPs could possibly have thought Ray was a good character.  And seriously, I am not being snarky, how anyone could think Bam's episode was good.  Because nearly every reviewer seems to have loved it, and I think it's one of the worst episodes of the series, purely because of the terrible, terrible directing.

• Love 4

But this season that angst has been gooood...OK wait the angst that doesn't involve Sara being brought back to life. That was just bad.

Funnily enough the past episode I was just really bored. There were excellent emotional scenes but overall it was bleh. Much like "The Promise" in season 2. Reviewers raved over that one too.

• Love 2

I'm on the fence about season 4 so far, haven't absolutely loved it but haven't really hated it either. I think I'm slowly falling out of love with this show. I've happily re-watched season 1 and most of season 2 but season 3 and season 4 are only some episodes or bits and pieces of episodes re-watchable for me.

I'm really not looking forward to a misery laden mid season finale if Felicity seems to be dead or mostly dead. I still hate watching the scene of Oliver being stabbed so I know I'm really going to struggle with the Felicity of it all.

I want to believe that it's LL in the grave, I mean I dislike QL immensely as well but if a Lance has to stay he is the one I'd prefer to keep.

If the EPs go with a game-changing! shocking! seismic! twist and stupidly kill Felicity it will speed up my and the shows breakup...silver lining my Wednesday evenings will be free and I won't have to keep trying to get through episodes of The Flash without falling asleep :)

• Love 4

I'll admit it would be kinda hilarious if they killed Felicity or Diggle the season after they thought killing Sara for freaking Laurel was a brilliant move. Think of all the great story opportunities... 

Now that Sara's safe in her own world/show, I just want someone from the Lance family to finally and truly die. That sounds horrible but they're horrible so I don't care. It can be Lance or Laurel. I'm not picky. Then (in my dream scenario) the remaining Lance leaves Starling because they're too heartbroken/angry/bored/whatever about the other Lance's death. Like the BS they pulled with Sara in the S02 finale and Lance family itself, who cares if it makes sense? It's a two-fer. 

Edited by hogwash
  • Love 10

Here we go:

Felicity dies in 4.09.  Oliver begins growing closer to Laurel through fighting DD together.  Malcolm moves back to SC to spend more time with Thea, and no one in SC recognizes him.  Nyssa dies.  Digg realizes he's no longer needed now that Oliver/Laurel are such a well-oiled team, so he retires and moves to Seattle with his wife and daughter.  Oliver realizes he's always loved Laurel, so he marries her and grows closer to Quentin, and no one ever mentions the manhunt.  Or Oliver sleeping with Sara (who never returns).  Baby Mama dies and the kid, who's not named Connor, moves in with Oliver and Laurel.

So basically, everything is terrible.

• Love 3

Are we taking bets who the next person they'll show at the Flashforward grave site is? I'm going with Sara because like Oliver and Barry we know she's safe and she would be there for either Felicity, Laurel, Thea, Diggle or Quentin's death. With the added bonus of the three of them representing all three shows Arrow, Flash and LoT. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

They could accomplish the trolling with Oliver and Sara walking up to each other and hugging then end scene. We wouldn't know if Sara was hugging Oliver (for Felicity or Thea) or if Oliver was hugging Sara (for Laurel or Quentin). 

• Love 5

They could accomplish the trolling with Oliver and Sara walking up to each other and hugging then end scene. We wouldn't know if Sara was hugging Oliver (for Felicity or Thea) or if Oliver was hugging Sara (for Laurel or Quentin). 

That would be a level of trolling, but the ultimate troll would be to smack Donna in there right after we see Felicity "dying." 

If it's not Felicity in the grave, they only have 6+ episodes to give Donna another reason to be there. This show is garbage at that kinda setup. 

Since they showed Donna and Quentin meeting, and she's going to be back in town and probably dating him in 4x9 and 4x10, that seems like enough setup to me, as long as it's a Lance in the grave. I like the idea of it being Sara though. 

• Love 1

I'm on the fence about season 4 so far, haven't absolutely loved it but haven't really hated it either. I think I'm slowly falling out of love with this show. I've happily re-watched season 1 and most of season 2 but season 3 and season 4 are only some episodes or bits and pieces of episodes re-watchable for me.

For now, I like S4 better as a whole than S3, but I echo how you feel -and I think that @AyChihuahua mentioned feeling this way a few weeks ago, re:falling out of love. There's another show I'm looking forward to more on Wednesday nights (although I know it's doomed, I don't care, I enjoy it more and I have a huge smile on my face at the end of every episode) and I don't feel as invested when I watch Arrow as I once was.

This season improved on the last, imo, Oliver is sensible again.  Podlicity is a distand bad dream. As far as Oliver/Felicity go, it's pretty much perfect. Thea rules and has an agency and a storyline. Diggle and Oliver made up. The Big Bad works better than Ra's. 

But I think that I'm an irredeemable Team Arrow fan. Because OTA got lampshaded in one episode, and then either they try to wedge Laurel in as Diggle's BFF, either set up the whole LoT thing, but OTA is still removed from its (imo) rightful place as the heart of the show. I miss S1 and the beginning of S2 when OTA wasn't officially a thing but actually was the main dynamic of the show (YMMV).

Also I think I could manage to enjoy the season more without the constant threat of 1) the grave mystery and 2) Baby mama and her spawn.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

Sara would be good like Barry being there in the first grave scene. They're both on other shows so it doesn't eliminate anyone. Donna only works for Felicity even if they actually bother setting up a relationship with Quentin It's too much work to explain why she's there instead of Sara or Laurel and she doesn't work for Diggle/Roy/Thea/whoever. Of course, that could change. It's not hard to come up with a plausible explanation, but I've been burned by this show too many times... I hope they keep it simple. 

There's another show I'm looking forward to more on Wednesday nights (although I know it's doomed, I don't care, I enjoy it more and I have a huge smile on my face at the end of every episode) and I don't feel as invested when I watch Arrow as I once was.

What show?

For me, it's a combo of way too little OTA, Oliver being a pushover (I am a huge action movie/stunts person, and the stunts have sucked since the beginning of S3), too much Laurel/Quentin, too much (read: any) Cane Toad, stupid baby mama BS, and waaaaaaaaaaay too much upcoming angst.  For me they used up their entire series-long allotment of angst in S3.  I'm done with it.  I can't take anymore.  Real life is hard enough without watching Felicity drown or whatever five minutes after Oliver proposes.  Between that and the grave, it's just so melodramatic and over-the-top and fucking depressing. 

I do like Oliver again, and minus one episode I've really enjoyed Oliver/Felicity.  But I quit TWD when they killed another horse, I quit Grey's when they killed Denny (in a totally criminal way), I quit TVD when they went all rapey with the sire storyline, and I will quit Arrow if they keep showing two minutes of minor happiness followed by months of utter unending misery.

• Love 4

Are we taking bets who the next person they'll show at the Flashforward grave site is? I'm going with Sara because like Oliver and Barry we know she's safe and she would be there for either Felicity, Laurel, Thea, Diggle or Quentin's death. With the added bonus of the three of them representing all three shows Arrow, Flash and LoT. 

I think the ultimate troll move would be have Laurel show up at the grave, wordlessly sobbing until Oliver hugs her. She could be crying over: her father Quentin, her "little sister" Thea, her BFF Diggle, or her friend Felicity. That way, everyone could not only spend weeks freaking out that Felicity was dead, but also freaking out that the show was laying the ground work for Lauriver Redux. Fun times! If I were a troll, that's what I'd do. LOL.

• Love 13

I think the ultimate troll move would be have Laurel show up at the grave, wordlessly sobbing until Oliver hugs her. She could be crying over: her father Quentin, her "little sister" Thea, her BFF Diggle, or her friend Felicity. That way, everyone could not only spend weeks freaking out that Felicity was dead, but also freaking out that the show was laying the ground work for Lauriver Redux. Fun times! If I were a troll, that's what I'd do. LOL.

You are a troll AND an evil genius.

• Love 5

Then you'd have Quarks' trend that ratings drop for episodes following Lauriver scenes vs. people tuning in to see whether Felicity survived battling it out in the ratings.

On the plus side, we'd be able to take a contender off the board.

• Love 3

Here we go:

Felicity dies in 4.09. Oliver begins growing closer to Laurel through fighting DD together. Malcolm moves back to SC to spend more time with Thea, and no one in SC recognizes him. Nyssa dies. Digg realizes he's no longer needed now that Oliver/Laurel are such a well-oiled team, so he retires and moves to Seattle with his wife and daughter. Oliver realizes he's always loved Laurel, so he marries her and grows closer to Quentin, and no one ever mentions the manhunt. Or Oliver sleeping with Sara (who never returns). Baby Mama dies and the kid, who's not named Connor, moves in with Oliver and Laurel.

So basically, everything is terrible.

End of my viewership. Mission Accomplished. I very rarely quit shows after I've invested 4 seasons - but that would do it.

• Love 5