Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I doubt very much that CD really had a six-year contract.  He probably had a three-ish-year contract with options that the studio could exercise unilaterally.  Many people would still describe that as a six-year contract.  But yeah, he almost certainly got some kind of a payout. 

Whatever CD had, it seems like KC might have something similar, since the show was initially conceived as a tripod story.  I'd pay real money to get a look at her contract (and EBR's, actually).

Re KC doing interviews with small media, it seems that is because she/her management are setting them up, and that is all she can get/all she is allowed to do.  The show isn't pushing her into interviews right now because her big storyline, Sara, is over...plus it seems to have been a major bust as a redemption attempt.  EBR doing ET has to have been network/studio-approved, but Felicity has a lot going on right now, plus they want people to be afraid of her dying, so it makes sense.

TBC, I agree with many here that there is some evidence that Laurel's in the grave, and that there are excellent story reasons for her to be in the grave.  I just (1) don't believe they have the guts; and (2) have almost never been surprised by this show.  Really, think about the times they've managed to surprise invested viewers...for me the only one I can think of is Roy NOT actually dying.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6

Sara was only a surprise by one episode? I watched all of season 2 thinking Sara a goner. Then was super relieved. But that lasted about the 10 minutes it took for me "get" episode 3.1 and of course watching the episode.

• Love 3

Not that is matters really as to who they chose. But I have feeling they haven't told the actors yet who they are killing. I think we will see more BTS behavioral changes and indicators from the cast in Jan/Feb. Until then, I think it's fruitless to pick apart the BTS or actors behaviors for clues as to who is in the grave.

I definitely feel that they haven't told the actor yet. Depending on who it is (KC) it would certainly affect their performance, PB probably not so much.

• Love 4

I think they have told the actor whose character dies by now.And I doubt KC would be refusing to promote or something if she was getting written out,its not smart to seem difficult to work with if you're being written out and will need a new job.She's not even doing promotion anyway.Even for her arc with Sara PB did all the promotion.She's doing stuff for herself but not stuff promoting the show like the rest of the cast.

I didn't think she was getting killed off in season 2,it just didn't seem that way to me.I kept expecting Lance to die in season 2.But now that there's nowhere else to go with her character and they seem so done with her after all they went through to make her BC,it makes me think they know its not working and have given up on the character.

Arrow does always seem to give no new storylines to characters that are dying or leaving and has them find closure for whatever's left and thats what it looks like they're doing with Laurel.If they start hinting at something new for her it lowers her chances but they're writting episode 14 already and have not yet given a hint of anything.They are making her the Roy of the team and Roy stood there in the background for 19 episodes and then got written out even though he was a big part of the GA comic canon and just became a mask so I don't think its impossible the same happens with LL especially in a season where they're hyping up a big death of a prominent character.

They're making Quentin as obvious as Felicity while giving him a big storyline and totally new romance with Donna so it makes me think his chances are lower than LL's.

Edited by tangerine95

I don't know about that. It looked like Tommy was being set up to head down a road of becoming Oliver's enemy, what with him witnessing Oliver and Laurel's hookup. And Moira was running for mayor, and the "Malcolm is alive and she knows" plot line was hanging out there.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 8

I liked it. I'm looking forward to it more now since we've gotten to know Kendra a tiny bit better on The Flash, and since I've resigned myself to Sara not showing up.

There's those non-Oliver flashbacks. I knew they were going to be Hawk-related.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

So i guess we all got that right with the Hawks being the first non Oliver related Flashbacks.  Trying not to judge since it was such a quick clip but the Flashback to Ancient Egypt seemed kind of cheesy.

I haven't been watching The Flash so I know nothing of Kendra, I hope the Hawks are good/interesting/entertaining characters or else it's going to make the crossover rather painful to watch.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

So i guess we all got that right with the Hawks being the first non Oliver related Flashbacks.  Trying not to judge since it was such a quick clip but the Flashback to Ancient Egypt seemed kind of cheesy.

I haven't been watching The Flash so I know nothing of Kendra, I hope the Hawks are good/interesting/entertaining characters or else it's going to make the crossover rather painful to watch.

Same. I don't know these characters at all, and I am a little dubious. 

• Love 2

Didn't KC say something about Laurel getting some more training from someone (who we assumed will most likely be Sara)?  I guess that means she's going over to LoT to spar with Sara?  I'm wondering if that's just happening once, or if it will be a recurring thing?

I don't watch The Flash anymore so I haven't even watched Hawkgirl so having to watch flashbacks about them in 408 seems crazy to me. I hate that they expect their viewers to watch all of their shows and just accept it. SMH.

I haven't been watching The Flash so I know nothing of Kendra

Basically Cisco and Kendra went on a date, and he got a vision of her as Hawkgirl when they kissed. It wasn't much more than that, but she seems sweet, and has a sense of humor. I like her so far.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

What's wrong with the set designers? They have that photo of Felicity and Oliver in front of some run down shack that Bamford wanted to use on their end table. The same photo that was originally from Positano where they have actually been according to the script. Why didn't they put the old photo there? The hell?

Kendra seems fine in the promo, although I do not like the streaks in the front AT ALL. Hawkman seems like a non-entity, really. I like that Oliver is apparently directing people. 'Now, Kendra!'

• Love 2

I personally have found the Kendra actress to be somewhat weak (in her very limited scenes, so my mind certainly is not made up yet), and I truly do not understand centering an entire crossover event around one character we've seen for about 2.5 minutes and another we haven't seen at all.  But, I think I've decided I'm just not going to watch the next few episodes, as I don't want to see the Baby Mama storyline, don't care about the Hawks or Laurel, and do not want angst.

I'm not even bothering to get invested in the Hawks until LoT premieres and they have their own writers writing them. Her scenes with Cisco fell flat for me. None of the promos or scenes have made me think her acting will be must-see TV. Then again, a lot of clips are not favorable to the actors. Which is why I'm waiting until she gets together with her real cast & writers.

Edited by kismet

Barry's jacket is no better. Seriously wardrobe fail on the male side. Although BA does have a tendency to wear ill fitting clothes. I thought it was funny because my twitter feed posted this pic and was joking that BA is drinking Cola so he must also be pregnant.

ETA - or what @dtissagirl & @10eleven12 said. :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Tbh I don't care about any of the LoT characters in the crossovers and I'm just watching for scenes of characters I do care about and hoping the rest is at least not boring.Hawkgirl could be a good character but I still don't care for the crossovers being used to set her up for LoT instead or focusing on actual Arrow and Flash characters like last season.

• Love 5

I'm pretty psyched for the Ancient Egypt flashbacks and them disproving my GENIUS THEORY that Daniel Jackson was in fact one of Carter Hall's reincarnations in that he accidentally forgot who he was, but was still drawn to Egypt and aliens and shit. #stargaaaaate is a great big swiiiiirl

But really, I never thought the flashbacks would be about anyone other than the characters who come in with BUILT-IN flashbacks. And I do appreciate the lampshading that this is basically Indiana Jones.

• Love 4

I kind of liked her after Cisco said he didn't know whether to bring chocolate or flowers and she replied that she was allergic to chocolate and thinks flowers are a waste of money. She was in her right to give him a hard time after he unnecessarily IMO, bailed on their first date. It works for me knowing that they won't last being that's she's been married for the last couple thousand years. 

• Love 1

Drinking alcohol does nothing for Barry, his metabolism is too fast. 

I don't mind him not drinking, I don't drink. Mostly because my Asian genes makes me allergic to alcohol (which is the simplest way to explain it).

Now, I'm dying to find out that Oliver's toast is because the way Barry/Felicity are looking at each other  makes me laugh.  

There must be more to Oliver's speech but yeah, the look Barry and Felicity throw each other is funny. I hope they irritate Oliver with their teasing :P

tumblr_ny4migpnd41t4dx1eo1_540.gif

tumblr_ny4migpnd41t4dx1eo2_540.gif

• Love 3

The promo definitely turned me off the crossover. 

I don't care about that Kendra character who seems to be the main protagonist, I don't care for the other imports from Stargate -the villain was so out of place in the ancient Egypt settings that he's already in Ra's territory of laughable suckitude for me. The Arrow characters don't seem to matter, Sara was MIA, so I don't see why I should waste time watching a mask galore. (I'd have posted in the Bitterness thread but 100% spoilers).

• Love 2

The only reason why I wanted her father to be HIVE was so Felicity's arc wasn't disconnected to the entire story. I wanted her to work with Diggle and Oliver to deal with her father and I wanted her arc to NOT be resolved within an episode. 

This is just disheartening. 

• Love 4

So I'm gonna go out a big ledge and say that I think PapaSmoak will be part of the major villain story of s5. I think he will be the transitional villain (ie the name they drop in end of 4b). Furthermore, I think he is going to be connected to Bratva.  Because that will allow for Bratva in the fb & pd. Also with Vegas being his home, it would make logical sense that the Russian Mob may have led to some of his bad behavior. Or at least the connection is more logical than HIVE or DD ever was.

• Love 5

The only reason why I wanted her father to be HIVE was so Felicity's arc wasn't disconnected to the entire story. I wanted her to work with Diggle and Oliver to deal with her father and I wanted her arc to NOT be resolved within an episode. 

This is just disheartening. 

pretty much, I only wanted DD or HIVE because I wanted Felicity's story to be connected to the major season long story.  

• Love 2

I’m so excited with my little theory… that I am gonna spin some more facts to fit my theory.

I believe that PapaSmoak may be connected to Bratva and this is why they had to delay it.
1. They needed OQ &FS in a deep and committed relationship; otherwise some of the dramatic effects may fall short.
2. They needed FS to be a major player in the Arrow World (ie a CEO) otherwise having her PapaSmoak be a major bad would seem a little overkill.
3. They needed to spin off LoT, so introducing Magic & DD just made more sense for Sara’s resurrection. Plus Constantine was a good grab for publicity, so it dovetailed perfectly. And DD works for Vandal Savage & the Hawks as well.
4. They brought us back to the Island because it is a neutral place from which they can take s5’s fb stories. Plus the drug thing is call back to the Comic Story so win/win.
5. They delayed it because they wanted to do the character justice. FS is the show’s Baby, it is their proudest creation, they weren’t going to just rush her father’s story when it has so much potential.
6. Diggle deserves his own villain & evil organization that helps create their superhero persona. OQ gets Argus. SL gets LoA. Now FS will get whatever organization her father is connected to, I’m guessing Bratva.

I know people want FS connected to the main story in s4, but I see that she is connected well enough as is. It was never going to be possible with half the season devoted to LoT. Just look at how Dig’s story was treated for most of 4a & he has been connected to HIVE from s2. And now, if my theory holds true we will get her connected closely to the s5 plot. So win/win. I'm excited, it just means more story for FS coming for us.

• Love 5

What a surprise that they're gonna half-ass Felicity's story. My eyes hurt from rolling so hard. Seriously, they're happy to use her to kickstart other heroes storylines and use her for promo and stuff. But when it comes to dedicating time for HER, they're probably gonna resolve it in one episode. Just wait. Smh.

Edited by Guest

This just says to me that they really didn't know who he was, and are pushing that storyline back again.

It's an old interview, same wording that was released several weeks ago with just a tidbit more information. TV Line and E! Do that all the time for their spoilers