Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Great interview by CR, favorite part was definitely that we'll learn more about Felicity father. I want to know more about him, i wan't to finally be able to know who he is and see him on Arrow.

I'm very glad she's on Oliver Queen side, besides (obviously) being on Felicity side when it comes to love/relationships and that Mama Smoak will be there to support them both. Oliver Queen is missing a mother figure, since Moira is gone (damn you show) i hope he can find some of it in Donna. It will be a very interesting dynamic to watch.

Finally i hate, hate to no end this SmoakAndLance fling, of course AK had to approve and support it :p Anyway...silver line is that we'll probably see more of Donna in 4B 

• Love 3

If anything is going to happen to Felicity in 409, I hope any disagreement is resolved in 406.

Quentin finally getting a LI in Donna is another nail in his coffin for me.

For me it actually ups the odds that he's safe. Now, if he was reuniting with Dinah it would set off death bells.
  • Love 3

AK approves and supports SmoaknLance? UGH. Why am I not surprised by this?! BE GONE, DEMON! And take that ship with you. Yuck. Shudder.

CTeHoj-UEAA1Fl-.jpg

So... much... plastic. It looks like a Power Rangers episode. All they need is Ray and his not-at-all-a-rip-off-of-Mass-Effect suit to complete the goofy set. I didn't even know they'd added Hawkman and Hawkwoman to their shows. Or are they for that new show with Routh and Caity Lotz? The only one who looks good there is Thea.

• Love 3

Hawkman and Hawkgirl are for LoT.

Wait, what? Hawkman and Hawkgirl? Why on earth would they go for the unequal version of the name, when no one would complain if the writers stopped trying to figure out DC's tortuous continuity and history, and just decided to plump for Hawkwoman?

Unless Hawkgirl is Hawkman's daughter, they're practically asking for trouble, here.

(Also, 'hawk' is one of those words that just looks misspelled, if you look at it too much)

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 6

As long as it doesn't last, I'm fine with it.  I'm mean enough to want him to get a little payback for treating her pretty poorly in S2b and EVERYONE very poorly in S3.

Oh, yeah, this is gonna be solved in this same ep. And I don't even see it as narrative payback, it's just... It tickles me that this dude who has never in his life before had any trouble seducing every woman ever [and their sister], has now found himself in the position of thinking "what if I'm not IT for her?", even if it's just in his head.

Because this kind of insecurity is the good kind: the one that brings growth in realizing relationships aren't to be taken for granted. Which then turns into character development.

• Love 15

How would comic book fans react if they named her Hawkwoman?

So... much... plastic. It looks like a Power Rangers episode.

Now you've got me wanting to see someone pick them up and play with the little plastic figures.

• Love 2

Not really digging the hawk people outfits.  And is the hawk guy really short?

Agree Thea looks great.  Willa wears the outfit really well.

And I don't even see it as narrative payback, it's just

Oh yeah, I don't think it's narrative payback at all.  I just like it, because I really hated S3 Oliver, and I wasn't a huge fan of S2b Oliver.  While S4 Oliver is pretty decent so far, I still have a lot of "Iwanttopunchyouinthefacereallyhard" left over from S3.

Also, you guys have to stop with the somewhat convincing story arguments for why LL will be in the grave.  Because I really don't think they're going to do it...I really don't think they have the guts.  But y'all are getting my hopes up, which just means they'll be dashed in the spring!

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 7

How would comic book fans react if they named her Hawkwoman?

I'm honestly not sure that even fans of the characters could adequately explain why she's sometimes known as Hawkgirl and sometimes as Hawkwoman (other than accepting that DC were never prepared to let anything go, and would instead make some obscure story from 1957 part of Earth 2305 or somewhere). So I don't think they'd mind at all if the show just put the two characters on an equal footing.

It's honestly weird that they're not. Batgirl and Supergirl were so named because they were teenagers who were sidekicks/offshoots of the original. Hawkgirl/woman is Hawkman's equal and love interest. But I guess it harks back to the less enlightened days when writers could happily have Reed Richards tell Sue Storm (sorry, Invisible Girl) to be quiet while she was cleaning the Baxter Building, because he wanted to have a nap.

• Love 6

I'm honestly not sure that even fans of the characters could adequately explain why she's sometimes known as Hawkgirl and sometimes as Hawkwoman (other than accepting that DC were never prepared to let anything go, and would instead make some obscure story from 1957 part of Earth 2305 or somewhere). So I don't think they'd mind at all if the show just put the two characters on an equal footing.

It's honestly weird that they're not. Batgirl and Supergirl were so named because they were teenagers who were sidekicks/offshoots of the original. Hawkgirl/woman is Hawkman's equal and love interest. But I guess it harks back to the less enlightened days when writers could happily have Reed Richards tell Sue Storm (sorry, Invisible Girl) to be quiet while she was cleaning the Baxter Building, because he wanted to have a nap.

As far as I know she's Hawkgirl and is Hawkman's reincarnated love. As for why Hawkgirl and not Hawkwoman no idea, that's what they picked. Edited by Morrigan2575

So... much... plastic. It looks like a Power Rangers episode. 

I wonder if they squeak when they walk in all that leather? Must be loud on set....i hope someone does a video with no music of that scene :D 

• Love 12

Hawkgirl came first, as far as LoT goes. Hawkman's been a much more recent development (that I am still not entirely happy about).

I thought their contumes, especially hers, looked great in that promotional photo they sent out. But not looking so good here. :(

So Robert Queen is the GA on Earth 2. And Oliver is dead.

https://twitter.com/fangirlishness/status/664250499831590914

Did they actually say Robert was the GA?  Because, I mean, dude's kinda old for that lifestyle.

(I didn't totally catch it, but I definitely think they said Robert's alive, implied Oliver's still dead.  But I didn't hear anything about the Arrow/Green Arrow/Hood.)

The fangirlish people said Robert was indeed unmasked as the Arrow.  Soooooooooo, like a 60-year-old vigilante?  I'm going to say, no wonder he was caught?

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 5

AK approves and supports SmoaknLance? UGH. Why am I not surprised by this?! BE GONE, DEMON! And take that ship with you. Yuck. Shudder.

LOL! My friends and I are actually all for this because most of us began watching Arrow because of Paul Blackthorne (and Susanna Thompson). I love that Paul is now getting a meaty story line and is back to working with OTA. I really enjoyed that scene with him, Felicity and Oliver in the last ep even though their interactions were pretty much all business. It just felt like Season 2. For me, it's gonna be so much fun watching Quentin probably be flabbergasted by Donna, who is a ball of sunshine like her daughter. I don't care what AK approves or not, as along as I am entertained. And I know you didn't bring this up, but I don't even care about the Laurel connection; that's how irrelevant she is to me.

Oh, and someone asked upthread what Oliver's story this season is. This quote from Wendy Mericle from the latest EW.com article provides the answer:

“For Oliver, he’s still dealing with this question of can he live in the light and be a superhero and run for mayor and have a relationship,” she says. “It’s very complicated and it involves a lot of emotional juggling. It’s really the question of whether or not he can be true to his new decision to live in the light. As things escalate and as H.I.V.E. escalates, that attempt to do that is going to be challenged. How long is he going to be able to recommit to this new way of doing things? At what point does it become too much? Does he start backsliding into old habits?”

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7

LOL! My friends and I are actually all for this because most of us began watching Arrow because of Paul Blackthorne (and Susanna Thompson). I love that Paul is now getting a meaty story line and is back to working with OTA. I really enjoyed that scene with him, Felicity and Oliver in the last ep even though their interactions were pretty much all business. It just felt like Season 2. For me, it's gonna be so much fun watching Quentin probably be flabbergasted by Donna, who is a ball of sunshine like her daughter. I don't care what AK approves or not, as along as I am entertained. And I know you didn't bring this up, but I don't even care about the Laurel connection; that's how irrelevant she is to me.

What about the manhunt he led for Oliver six months ago?  

I like Donna and CR, I think she's a great fun addition, but I just don't want the Lance's involved in Felicity's life and all I can picture is a Smoak/Lance family dinner and Oliver's at the table with all of his ex-girlfriends as well as his current girlfriend and I'm just like nooooooooooo! It's too much for me. 

PB and CR do look cute together in their BTS pictures though. I'll concede that! 

I've decided "amnesia" is a good thing for parts of Season 3 that I find objectionable. I'm a hypocrite when it comes to actors I like; I find it very easy to ignore the things their characters do because writers decide to prioritize plot over character. I'm less forgiving with actors I do not like. 

• Love 9

I like Donna and CR, I think she's a great fun addition, but I just don't want the Lance's involved in Felicity's life and all I can picture is a Smoak/Lance family dinner and Oliver's at the table with all of his ex-girlfriends as well as his current girlfriend and I'm just like nooooooooooo! It's too much for me. 

PB and CR do look cute together in their BTS pictures though. I'll concede that!

You just made me dread LL's reaction to Donna. I remember Oliver and Diggle's delighted response to meeting her, but they both love Felicity. I've never been sold on the never-seen friendship between LL and Felicity, so I can only imagine the woman who couldn't contain her disgust at her newly-resurrected-yet-still-feral sister won't be able to hide her condescension for the flamboyant mother of the woman who has everything LL wanted. LOL--especially when that flamboyant, gauche cocktail waitress hooks up with her dad!!

• Love 10

The Grim Reaper would be perfect: unattached, able to whisk her away on a moments notice, dress-up attire of the same colour... I would ship the hell out of them.

You saw that picture floating around twitter too? :-P

BTW, are we not gonna talk about what Curtis said outloud? the same thing many have been complaining about for the past 4 years?

"The Green Arrow showed up right about the same time you came back into town"

• Love 2

You saw that picture floating around twitter too? :-P

BTW, are we not gonna talk about what Curtis said outloud? the same thing many have been complaining about for the past 4 years?

Well, he meant when Oliver and Felicity returned from Ivy Town, I think, but point. It's happened twice now. There's an IQ lowering agent in the SC water supply, BECAUSE THAT JAW IS PERFECT, CURTIS.

• Love 13

Well, he meant when Oliver and Felicity returned from Ivy Town, I think, but point. It's happened twice now. There's an IQ lowering agent in the SC water supply, BECAUSE THAT JAW IS PERFECT, CURTIS.

Probably three times.  When he first showed up, when he returned from Lian Yu after S1 (Oliver was supposedly in Europe during that time); and now.  

For regular SC citizens, I can buy that they didn't pay that much attention to #3, at least before he announced he's running for mayor, but he'd have been hugely visible during his first return and post-Undertaking return.

Really, SC citizens are all Darwin award nominees. 

• Love 3

Was there really that much clamoring for Smoaknlance? I think it was more from Paul Blackthorne than the fans,ahaha. However, I'll say it again, I wish actors would stop mentioning the fans at every turn.

The comic preview was fun, but damn, focus while on a mission. You don't need to be told that from the others!!

I wanted Oliver to ask "Which time?"

Of course Roy was supposed to be the Arrow those other times and the Green Arrow's a completely different person, and Curtis has never thought to compare the jaws of the Arrow and GA, even though Oliver was publicly accused and arrested for being the Arrow last season. It all makes perfect sense.

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 1

Bygones!

Was there really that much clamoring for Smoaknlance? I think it was more from Paul Blackthorne than the fans,ahaha. However, I'll say it again, I wish actors would stop mentioning the fans at every turn.

The comic preview was fun, but damn, focus while on a mission. You don't need to be told that from the others!!

I know the ship was discussed here pretty much right after Donna's first episode.  There were fan fics with Smoaknlance before the picture ever showed up.  Only got bigger from there. 

• Love 1

I think this may be my favorite moment from the preview clip.

Babe? We've got a problem.

tumblr_nxmf9yJuH21spp1umo2_500.gif

Frack.

tumblr_nxmf9yJuH21spp1umo3_500.gif

Felicity not mentioning Oliver to Curtis has been brought up. I didn't even really think about it before I saw it here, but could it be that she has done so consciously so that she wouldn't put her foot in it, since Curtis knows about her working relationship with the Green Arrow and has been trying to figure out his identity? Also, would love it if Felicity stage whispered to Oliver, "you shouldn't really wear short sleeves in public any more, if anything, your arms will give you away."

• Love 9

Because no one makes sense in this show. Thea sets a guy on fire, Oliver keeps it a secret

Did he? I never got that impression. I thought Laurel knew about the incident, since she then so kindly offered to take her on a spa weekend. 

I know the ship was discussed here pretty much right after Donna's first episode.  There were fan fics with Smoaknlance before the picture ever showed up.  Only got bigger from there. 

Oh, yes, I just meant I didn't realize it was that big  - as in, that many fans actually requesting it as opposed to just fanfiction material :)

FS seems to compartmentalize her relationships, so I totally get why she wouldn't talk about OQ to Curtis. But because there are less walls between her & OQ now, I can see how she would talk about Curtis to him. Because they seem like a couple that shares stuff. There seems to be little secrets kept between them, which is why I tend to see any present day secret as a red flag.

Also kudos to Curtis for figuring it out so quickly, even if he talked himself out by silly jawline logic. At least he didnt need to steal facial recognition software to do it, or at least have his suspicions.

• Love 2

I think this may be my favorite moment from the preview clip.

Babe? We've got a problem.

tumblr_nxmf9yJuH21spp1umo2_500.gif

Frack.

tumblr_nxmf9yJuH21spp1umo3_500.gif

Felicity not mentioning Oliver to Curtis has been brought up. I didn't even really think about it before I saw it here, but could it be that she has done so consciously so that she wouldn't put her foot in it, since Curtis knows about her working relationship with the Green Arrow and has been trying to figure out his identity? Also, would love it if Felicity stage whispered to Oliver, "you shouldn't really wear short sleeves in public any more, if anything, your arms will give you away."

I liked that quick look between them. Just a very quick "uh-oh." And yeah, I think Felicity totally talks about Curtis to Oliver, in the way you mention some co-workers or, in this case, employees you deal with more. But I didn't expect Felicity to talk to Curtis about Oliver because it's safer not to go down that avenue altogether to keep the GA secret. Also, the show hasn't really established Curtis and Felicity as "friends-friends." Right now, they seem more like work friends. Although that may change with the help he's providing this rescue mission.

• Love 1

Plus Curtis already knows Felicity works with GA. Probably best to not discuss Oliver with Curtis, gives him less room to make comparisons.

Of course only a giant freaking idiot couldn't connect the dots at this point but the show wants us to pretend that it's not obvious.

• Love 6

MINUSCULE DICK IN A BOX!

Also, there was a running joke on last night's Limitless about a dude having a tiny penis, all I could think about was Teeny Tiny Dick Palmer.

You are not the only one. It's an epidemic. Lol

These previews have upped my excitement for this episode.

Where was camera Ray was talking to?

Never mind. Suit tech on his arm.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Lol @apinknightmare!! I'm guessing he was touching the suit which is why the mutual shrinkage happened. He probably just fell on the tech. Or maybe he has gps lojack on the suit via his special watch. The explanation will probably be really basic. I recommend keeping our expectations tiny :)

• Love 5

Just posted a TV Line article in Spoilers Only thread that mentions "neurotic" Felicity. I really hope it's not just in that one scene with Curtis and it's not just played for laughs (there are hints of it in that other teaser when she's home with Oliver). I want to see a fiercely determined, one-track mind Felicity. I want Oliver to see that this is what it is like when HE becomes this focused. Also, I want Felicity's abandonment issues to be brought up. Or at least her reaction to "losing" people. I don't want the opportunity to get to know Felicity more dwarfed by the spectacle of Ray's return. Like a pinknightmare, I may be asking for too much. I'll try to keep my expectations ... atomic :P

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3

In tonight’s all-new episode, Curtis finally comes face to face with Oliver Queen, whom he knows only as Felicity’s ex-billionaire boyfriend. The Palmer Tech whiz, meanwhile, has been chipping away at the “mystery” identity of Green Arrow. (Neal Adams? So close, yet so far.) His progress, let’s just say, is almost nonexistent -- but it's not for a lack of trying.

“He’s very wrong,” Arrow star Echo Kellum told ET during a recent visit to the Burbank, California offices. “He’s on a mission to find out who the Green Arrow is, now that he knows Felicity’s working closely with him, so I definitely think it’s something on the forefront of his brain: Who is this guy who’s saving our city and doing this amazing thing that he looks up to?”
That moment is nearing. When the time does come for Curtis to discover Oliver’s side gig, his mind may be blown.

“That’s going to be quite an episode,” Kellum said, chuckling at the thought. “They teased Curtis checking out Oliver’s chin with his hand, so I think, if he finds out [Green Arrow] is Oliver, he’s definitely going to be enamored and putting together so many pieces of the puzzle based on all his interactions with him. He’ll definitely be very surprised and happy to learn it’s Oliver.”

For Kellum, a self-proclaimed fanboy, it’s been a ride of a lifetime, being included in a fandom as welcoming as the one Arrow has created and nurtured. And, he’s just as passionate about the show’s core relationships as the fans are. Ask him about Olicity, for instance, and Kellum (he’s a fan!) has a beautiful response explaining why the unlikely couple works.

“I learn how to have better relationships in my real life by watching those characters on TV,” Kellum said. “If they can get past the issues that they’re dealing with, then I can stop complaining about there being no French toast in the morning.”

“I don’t have to have a woman who knows how to cook because Felicity doesn’t know how to cook to be amazing,” he added. “She still kills it in every other aspect and I love seeing these two people, from two totally different places come together and just make it work.”

“That’s what you need in every relationship and they’re doing it in aces,” Kellum continued.

With Ray Palmer under the evil guise of the powerful Damien Darhk, Felicity will need Curtis more than ever.

“That’s an aspect to their relationship where he gives her the motivation to do the hard thing, especially in terms of Ray Palmer, and he will be that friend she can go to and cry on and talk about stuff that’s going on with her and Oliver, or anything,” Kellum said of Curtis and Felicity’s fast friendship. “You’ll see them helping each other out through all their issues.”

'Arrow' Star Explains Why Oliver and Felicity Are the Perfect Couple

http://www.etonline.com/news/175801_arrow_star_explains_why_oliver_and_felicity_are_the_perfect_couple/

• Love 1

Huh. I'm enjoying Felicity and Curtis a lot but that comment about their friendship reminds me too much of the Felicity being stuck with Ray when she is upset and her and Diggle's relationship falling by the waste side.

Also, doing the hard thing with Ray? Motivation? What? Should Oliver and Felicity being working through that?…..mmmm…This is going to be wait and see.

• Love 4