Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Of course it was. That explains everything. ;)

Hee. I mean, maybe Thea's bloodlust shows up in 406 as well, we don't know. The 406 synopsis is terribly written about that:

Meanwhile, Sara joins Laurel, Thea and the team on a rescue mission for Ray. However, the effects of the Lazarus Pit take over and threaten to jeopardize the entire operation.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Souls

The LP effects on whom? Sara? Thea? Both of them?

But also, Natalie Abrams makes this kind of confusion all the time, so info coming from her isn't exactly reliable.

Edited by dtissagirl

Yeah, from the way the synopsis is written, it could be either, but from the promos, I'm going to say it's Sara. There's the scene with Oliver and Laurel yelling at her, and then there's the scene where she's talking to Laurel and Thea.

• Love 1

I think we just have no spoiler info about Sara. I'm hoping she leaves to go to Nanda Parbat and some Nyssa stuff. It could have been filmed when KL was set for 4.3? Fingers crossed. 

Where is Sara going in 4x07? Does she just leave at the end of 4x06? I wouldn't blame her, but that just seems weird. 

They did? I missed that.

And it makes me angry.

Why? Of course the person who was ripped from whatever realm her soul was in, who never asked to be resurrected, and was treated like a dog after she was brought back should then be yelled at when the inevitable issues arise. Isn't that how loving friends and family should act? /sarcasm just in case it's not clear

Seriously, though, why is Speedy in the field at all? Have they addressed that apparently Thea's going to need to occasionally murder some folk to function? Anyone thought that maybe that should be dealt with? Mention that to Constantine? Call Zatanna? Batman? Anyone? 

• Love 4

In one of the promos it shows Sara losing it on a Ghost and both Oliver and Laurel scream out Sara! So, I'm guessing Sara is the one that has an LP issue since Thea is still high from her kills in 403. Then in 407 it's Thea's turn to lose control.

I thought I read somewhere that Sara wasn't in 407? Not sure if that was just spec or confirmed by TPTB. She doesn't have to be in the episode, characters have been omitted from episodes and it's never mentioned or a throw away line explains their absence.

I would love Sara to be heading to Nanda to kill Malcolm and free Nyssa.

Yes. What about Nyssa though? Because I really don't like how they just kind of forgot about her and let her get imprisoned by Malcolm. RUDE.

They seem to think that it only looks cool with the costumes, but I think it would be so much better with the civilians intermixed. And not just each show's characters standing together but have Cisco standing with Ray, Sara and her sister standing together, Diggle and Barry, etc..

But I would want Oliver and Felicity next to each other for reasons.

• Love 5

They shouldve revealed a huge cool posterv with all the heroes, hopefully that still happens.

Hawkgirl/man looked weird without the wings.

If they're only going to show the masked heroes, then they already made that poster from the Superhero Fight Club shoot

Yes. What about Nyssa though? Because I really don't like how they just kind of forgot about her and let her get imprisoned by Malcolm. RUDE.

Reverse that. Free Nyssa and than kill Malcolm. Lady Bonding Time.

• Love 1

Seriously, though, why is Speedy in the field at all? Have they addressed that apparently Thea's going to need to occasionally murder some folk to function? Anyone thought that maybe that should be dealt with? Mention that to Constantine? Call Zatanna? Batman? Anyone? 

I don't think it was the right episode for that. They needed to dedicate time to polishing Laurel's halo and making sure she was okay first.

They seem to think that it only looks cool with the costumes, but I think it would be so much better with the civilians intermixed. And not just each show's characters standing together but have Cisco standing with Ray, Sara and her sister standing together, Diggle and Barry, etc..

But I would want Oliver and Felicity next to each other for reasons.

This. I'm kind of tired/bored of them focusing on masked heroes all the time. I know this show is based on the comics but it irks me every single time that Felicity (and going on this and the Superhero fight club promo, Cisco, Caitlin and Iris too) is left out simply because she doesn't wear a mask. She's been a key member of this team far longer than Thea and Laurel and yet she's nowhere to be seen. Real nice. Thanks.

Reverse that. Free Nyssa and than kill Malcolm. Lady Bonding Time.

I would totally be down with that. But as I said, they seem to have no use for Nyssa now so they were totally fine with her being locked up. Yet another thing that pissed me off.

Edited by Guest

Why? Of course the person who was ripped from whatever realm her soul was in, who never asked to be resurrected, and was treated like a dog after she was brought back should then be yelled at when the inevitable issues arise. Isn't that how loving friends and family should act? /sarcasm just in case it's not clear

Because no one makes sense in this show. Thea sets a guy on fire, Oliver keeps it a secret, yells at her and let's her in the field still as if it never happened. He and Laurel have learned to look the other way.

If they're only going to show the masked heroes, then they already made that poster from the Superhero Fight Club shoot

That's fight club, this should be a JL type poster. Plus it has new heroes.

This. I'm kind of tired/bored of them focusing on masked heroes all the time. I know this show is based on the comics but it irks me every single time that Felicity (and going on this and the Superhero fight club promo, Cisco, Caitlin and Iris too) is left out simply because she doesn't wear a mask. She's been a key member of this team far longer than Thea and Laurel and yet she's nowhere to be seen.

Every time? She hasn't been neglected in show when it comes to crossing over. She still shows up for a good amount of time unlike Thea/Lauel/Iris who were neglected last year. And we've only had 1 big mask promo where the field operatives were only shown.

• Love 1

Every time? She hasn't been neglected in show when it comes to crossing over. She still shows up for a good amount of time unlike Thea/Lauel/Iris who were neglected last year. And we've only had 1 big mask promo where the field operatives were only shown.

Except I wasn't talking about in show. I was talking about the promotion. And Felicity hasn't even had a new picture since S1/S2 simply because she doesn't wear a mask. That's not right, IMO. She's still an important part of the show. 

And yes, we've only had one big mask promo and yet it was made such a big deal. Same as that panel earlier in the year where it only featured the actors who wore costumes. It sends a message that they don't care about anyone else and that's wrong.

Edited by Guest

That's fight club, this should be a JL type poster. Plus it has new heroes.

They should've thought about that when they decided to do an elaborate all masks promo before casting the rest of LoT.

I don't care for two new all-masks posters in less than a year when they have to unearth promo shots from 2 years ago for Felicity/EBR.

• Love 7

Edit: What's GG/Flash wearing on his hands?

It sort of looks like part of the Atom suit. Maybe it's like a sleepover party and they all mix and match parts of their masks.

The new dialogue tease is grammatically weird, again.

Which dialogue tease?

Except I wasn't talking about in show. I was talking about the promotion. And Felicity hasn't even had a new picture since S1/S2 simply because she doesn't wear a mask. That's not right, IMO. She's still an important part of the show.

And yes, we've only had one big mask promo and yet it was made such a big deal. Same as that panel earlier in the year where it only featured the actors who wore costumes. It sends a message that they don't care about anyone else and that's wrong.

I'll give you the promo, but that is one thing where it is a bit grey. She got all those promos with her and Oliver traveling the world.

I also want to know why DD even cares about Ray in the first place. Is it simply because he wanted to help regenerate the city? Or is it because of his suit? 

I thought Sara's bloodlust becomes a problem in 406 and Thea's is in a later episode when she loses it in front of Alex. I'm pretty sure that's in the 407 episode description, if I remember correctly.

The only acceptable answer for me would be that RP made a poorly thought out decision and in some way decided to work with DD on something in s3 or hiatus (they never really told us when the lab blew up). I have elaborated about this in hopes/fears section. There is just no way I see them spinning DD as someone who would go out of his way to find a microsize man to use against TA & SC. It just doesn't seem in his wheelhouse. Why would he bother? I do now want them watering down DD to make RP look good. The show and characters have suffered enough at the expense of making RP happen. It's about time RP just asks like a typical human and gets himself accidentally into a situation he can't get out of. Although now that I type that I can see how they will probably spin RP as being caught while on a heroic mission to investigate DD. And then I can see DD keeping him to figure out the tech/magic.

Honestly, why did they have RP have shrink and be assumed dead? I feel like they are approaching this story from the wrong light again. Just like they did with SL. It's not bringing him back per se, its how they seem to be doing it. They are just over-dramatizing it. And if that is the case I want them to go all out with the drama and just make RP, QL-like and be working DD for initially good reasons, but soon realizing he is in over his head.

• Love 2

I'll give you the promo, but that is one thing where it is a bit grey. She got all those promos with her and Oliver traveling the world.

Those photos were meant to be background props for the show; they're not promotion by the network. And the only reason why they saw the light of day outside the show was because Olicity fans begged MG to post them.
  • Love 7

Those weren't promos.

They were still used to promote the show online and was new compared to other characters not getting anything. It isn't some screen cap from the episode and only like 1 has been shown?

Basically, everyone gets different things all the time with this show.

I would love to get new promos of everyone and posters but I keep my expectations low.

Edited by Primal Slayer

What if Darhk doesn't even know that Ray is there? Like, he was just wandering about and somebody acciđentally turned over a glass, trapping him there. The Ghosts aren't really much for household chores so nobody picked up the glass to wash it up for months.

• Love 7

You mean the pictures they took for their apartment? I loved them but they weren't promos. 

Also, I'd like something new which didn't involve Oliver. She's more than Olicity.

Edited by Guest

It's a Superhero show so I understand the costume photos, but for me it's more of an issue with the ongoing trend of the show. Heroes wear Masks. Laurel gets to be called a hero and featured because she wears a mask, but Felicity and Diggle have done far more for Starling City in the past 3 years than Laurel (and Thea) has. If Diggle didn't have the helmet, he would be on the sidelines with Felicity.

I understand the promo cat-nip of the masks, but it doesn't accurately reflect the contribution of the characters.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 14

I legit don't understand why didn't Suzanne Gomez call the Arrow art department and went, "hi, we're broke here at the CW, and the marketing department is literally two people and one intern, so could you please please please send me the green screens of the Oliver/Felicity pictures you took SO WE CAN MAKE PROMOS OUT OF THEM?"

Like. The photos were produced already. Fucking re-use them until you're blue in the face.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 13

What if Darhk doesn't even know that Ray is there? Like, he was just wandering about and somebody acciđentally turned over a glass, trapping him there. The Ghosts aren't really much for household chores so nobody picked up the glass to wash it up for months.

I would die laughing.  

• Love 1

Those vacation photos were, according to MG, designed to be "set dressing". They weren't shot to be used for promotion by the network -- in fact, SA is the one who kicked it off by posting a pic he'd taken with his phone of the bedstand framed photo to his Facebook and Twitter. After he did this, and later after the first trailer appeared, fans started asking MG to post some of the vacation photos, which MG got from the Art Department and posted on his Twitter.

Do I think they helped promote the show? Sure. But they weren't shot as official promotional material, eg. the Fight Club promo (examples: OliverRay, Laurel, the hot mess of the full poster) or official character photos (examples: OliverLaurel, Felicity, the group shot reusing old photos), and official promotional photos is what I believe people upthread asked for.

As to why we haven't gotten anything new lately, and this probably goes for lack of promotion too, I assume it comes down to what dtissagirl mentioned above with the CW's marketing department being understaffed and, well, kind of broke.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 15

They were still used to promote the show online and was new compared to other characters not getting anything. It isn't some screen cap from the episode and only like 1 has been shown?

Basically, everyone gets different things all the time with this show.

I would love to get new promos of everyone and posters but I keep my expectations low.

It was used to promote the show insofar as shippers asked MG to post them, he did, and they got plastered all over Tumblr and Twitter. I don't think it's too much to want Felicity included in an official promo, however much of a long shot that is.

• Love 8

Teaser clip from 4x06 -- A scene with Felicity, Curtis and Oliver as teased in the released screencaps --

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/664207691372359681

Direct link to video: https://amp.twimg.com/v/3c3605b5-c898-4911-b0e9-8a2a910e7635

Hoo, boy, I want that scene to go on and on. Curtis' little chant at the beginning, 'You're married, he's straight, you're married, he's straight.' Hah! Also, that's some determined strut Oliver's got going on there. Felicity, you do remember you have a home? Know what would make this scene better? Donna. It would be the perfect time for Oliver to bring out the reinforcements.
  • Love 4

At this point, every regular character has had an updated photo except for Felicity and Lance. Why? Because they're the only civilians left on the show? I don't even buy the budget excuse, because they can spring for invidual shoots for Thea and Diggle in their masks, but not Felicity? It's bullshit.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 7

At this point, every regular character has had an updated photo except for Felicity and Lance. Why? Because they're the only civilians left on the show? I don't even buy the budget excuse, because they can spring for invidual shoots for Thea and Diggle in their masks, but not Felicity? It's bullshit.

EBR was at a photoshoot so we know she has new pictures but they haven't been released for whatever reasons.

Cute sneak peek.

IIRC sneak peaks and comics are usually from the first 5 minutes of the episode.

So do we think opening fight goes well and the the rescue mission goes south followed by end girl talk scene

Or

Opening mission goes south, girl talk happens and the rescue mission results in triumph for Sara/Thea?

Just trying to piece it together. The episode description implies the first scenario but who knows?

Edited by Morrigan2575

EBR was at a photoshoot so we know she has new pictures but they haven't been released for whatever reasons.

If you're talking about the photos where she looked like this (from EBR's Instagram: Example 1, Example 2 with Willa as Speedy from the same day, Example 3) and was at Vancouver Film Studious (where they film Arrow and Flash) with other actors, she wore the same style of clothing at that "photoshoot" as she did in one of the preview videos for the premiere, so she might just have been there to record that video for all we know.

Trust me, I hope as much as anyone they snuck a photo or two in there but we don't KNOW they did.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 1

I watched the clip because I'm so weak.

I have to say I'm intrigued by the idea that Felicity hasn't talked about Oliver to Curtis. Not that I expect her to or anything because they haven't known each other long but they're really painting her to be someone who keeps her emotions and private life very close to her chest. I wonder if that might play into any insecurities Oliver will have in this episode? Hmm...

Edited by Guest

I have to say I'm intrigued by the idea that Felicity hasn't talked about Oliver to Curtis. Not that I expect her to or anything because they haven't known each other long but they're really painting her to be someone who keeps her emotions and private life very close to her chest. I wonder if that might play into any insecurities Oliver will have in this episode? Hmm...

Oliver tells Curtis in that Clip that's he heard a lot about him?

Arrow's Charlotte Ross Previews Mama Smoak's Return, Revisits NYPD Blue, Days of Our Lives, Glee and Other Roles

http://tvline.com/2015/11/10/charlotte-ross-arrow-nypd-blue-days-of-our-lives/

TVLINE | What brings Donna back to Star City?
I’m happy to say that it’s because she and Oliver have been talking on the phone. Their relationship has progressed and he has asked her to return to Star City.

TVLINE | The last time we saw Donna, she nudged Felicity to follow her heart, so she must be happy with how things turned out with Oliver.
Yes, it used to be that she just wanted Felicity to get a boyfriend! [Laughs] She wanted to help her change her hair and her wardrobe, but that evolved to me seeing my daughter feel vulnerable and scared and really start to fall somebody. And even though Donna’s had a lot of hard knocks, she knows that you have to put yourself out there and walk through fear and the unknown to really find true love. Of course, nothing could make Donna happier than seeing Felicity truly, truly happy with someone who really loves her. Donna obviously really cares for Oliver now, so she is very supportive of their relationship.

TVLINE | We’ve got you around for a small stretch here. Does that mean we’ll delve a bit deeper into who Donna is and who she isn’t?
I would love to; I’m up for that. When I came on this show, just like with any new character, they have a good, strong idea of what they want, but then they see what works and what doesn’t. I’m really grateful that Emily [bett Rickards] and I from Day 1 have had this natural chemistry. I feel like she “gets” me, and I “get” her, and we just love doing our scenes together. [For Donna and Felicity] it has grown from this bit of animosity, after we hadn’t seen each other for a long time, to, even though we’re really different, now liking being around each other. We’ve grown more and more into friends, organically. What’s also grown, which maybe wasn’t originally there, was this idea of me being involved with other characters on the show. And I’m going to meet [Quentin] Lance in this week’s episode….

TVLINE | There we go. Under what circumstances do they finally meet?
You’ll have to tune in to see! But I will say that it’s another example of how strong the fans’ voice resonates. Paula [blackthorne] and I did this selfie in a trailer last season, and the fans started this whole #SmoakinLance hashtag — and we were giggling because we haven’t even met on the show! And yet the fans had us already ‘shipped! I had dinner with [showrunner] Andrew Kreisberg a few months ago and I kept saying, “Is this really going to happen?” and he said, “We’re gonna do it, and we’re going to see where it goes.” The thing is, Paul’s character has had so much to deal with that’s so heavy, I think the fans want him to have some happiness. And just like with Felicity and Donna, while it’s not a natural pairing, sometimes differences are what pulls people together. They both love their children, they both have had to overcome a lot of pain and heartache, so there are things that could possibly connect them.

TVLINE | Will we learn anything new about Donna in these upcoming episodes?
You definitely learn a bit more about my relationship with Felicity’s father. You already know that he didn’t treat me well, that he wasn’t nice — but to what degree of how bad or evil was, we really don’t know. But as her relationship [with Felicity] progresses, it can get a bit more scary, more intimate fot them. Donna has a lot of experience to share with her, and in that she can also talk about what it was like to be with her father.
  • Love 1

Never mind, I misread you.

Edited by AyChihuahua

I really hope this is what's going on. I mean, Oliver was telling rando Stepford neighbors that he was gonna propose, and Thea was either told about it, or guessed he was gonna propose... and yet Felicity is frantic about Palmer. I guess I'm good with Oliver having insecurities in this instance because I also know they're unfounded, even if he doesn't.

And I'm expecting them to have a fight in this episode, because they haven't had one yet, and this is the time, with mom in town and ex-boyfriend re-appearing.

I really hope this is what's going on. I mean, Oliver was telling rando Stepford neighbors that he was gonna propose, and Thea was either told about it, or guessed he was gonna propose... and yet Felicity is frantic about Palmer. I guess I'm good with Oliver having insecurities in this instance because I also know they're unfounded, even if he doesn't.

And I'm expecting them to have a fight in this episode, because they haven't had one yet, and this is the time, with mom in town and ex-boyfriend re-appearing.

As long as it doesn't last, I'm fine with it.  I'm mean enough to want him to get a little payback for treating her pretty poorly in S2b and EVERYONE very poorly in S3.

(I'm not saying Felicity is causing him to have insecurities as payback on purpose.  She is much kinder than I am and wouldn't do something like that.)

Edited by AyChihuahua

Same. It makes sense that Oliver would feel a bit insecure if a) his girlfriend hasn't told her co-worker about him at all (and one she spends a lot of time with) and b) she's also spending all her time searching for her ex-boyfriend, probably to the point where she's not going home. This is the kind of character conflict I like because it's natural and fits with what's happening. Of course Ray's appearance is going to cause some issues. 

I'm expecting a fight too and Mama Smoak will offer her advice and then they'll make up and KISS. 

As long as it doesn't last, I'm fine with it.  I'm mean enough to want him to get a little payback for treating her pretty poorly in S2b and EVERYONE very poorly in S3.

(I'm not saying Felicity is causing him to have insecurities as payback on purpose.  She is much kinder than I am and wouldn't do something like that.)

I'm pretty sure it will only last one episode. Not to say they won't have issues or arguments ever again but I think the one in 406 will be resolved in 406, especially as we're getting that yin yang kiss.

Edited by Guest

If anything is going to happen to Felicity in 409, I hope any disagreement is resolved in 406.

She only needs a LI if they are keeping her around. I know where you stand on which Lance is 6 ft under :) - but truly if they are done with LL then why bother wasting the money & time on getting her laid?  Her lack of LI for me is one more nail in her coffin. But we'll find out soon enough.

Quentin finally getting a LI in Donna is another nail in his coffin for me.

It's a Superhero show so I understand the costume photos, but for me it's more of an issue with the ongoing trend of the show. Heroes wear Masks. Laurel gets to be called a hero and featured because she wears a mask, but Felicity and Diggle have done far more for Starling City in the past 3 years than Laurel (and Thea) has. If Diggle didn't have the helmet, he would be on the sidelines with Felicity.

It's like a logical fallacy. They think people are heroes because they wear masks whereas I feel people become heroes and then if they're fighting in public they get a mask.

• Love 1