Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If you add Sara and Ray you get nine, so they may be in the scene just not in the shot. I'm thinking that is going to be the big showdown scene. I can see them holding off on showing all the costumes together till the big finale on Arrow.

I'm iffy on the crossover. I'm curious about how they are going to balance (or not) everything.

I feel like this is a stupid question, but when is the LOT pilot? It's a 3 show, not 3 episode crossover right? Just Flash and Arrow?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but when is the LOT pilot? It's a 3 show, not 3 episode crossover right? Just Flash and Arrow?

I'm not sure it's set, but it's probably whenever iZombie ends its 13 episode season, and LoT can run after Flash. Late January/early February?

Edited by dtissagirl

I'm not sure it's set, but it's probably whenever iZombie ends its 13 episode season, and LoT can run after Flash. Late January/early February?

Did iZombie only get 13 episodes? That's good, I was trying to figure out when/where CW would schedule it's mid-season shows.  Think LoT, The 100 and one other show is waiting in the wings.

CW should announce it's Spring schedule semi-soon, they always end the MSF episodes with a tag as to when they'll be back in January so the whole schedule will come out (at the latest) in mid-December

Edited by Morrigan2575

The cross over is just on the Flash and Arrow.

The LOT pilot seems to feature Oliver since Stephen was filming for LOT's Pilot but it's not part of the cross over event. 

izombie did only get a 13 episode pick up up it's creatives and fans are/were hoping for a back 9 pick up. Putting LOT after Flash would be a bit troubling for me since that is when AOS airs. But it's probably the best chance for a ratings win.

Did iZombie only get 13 episodes? That's good, I was trying to figure out when/where CW would schedule it's mid-season shows.  Think LoT, The 100 and one other show is waiting in the wings.

CW should announce it's Spring schedule semi-soon, they always end the MSF episodes with a tag as to when they'll be back in January so the whole schedule will come out (at the latest) in mid-December

• Love 1

Yeah, iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are 13 eps, so both ending around the same time.

And I think ANTM is ending in December, so those are the 3 slots for the new shows.

I'm not sure they care about it conflicting with AoS. But I do feel bad for you @Tarotx, I hate when they put similar shows against each other and make an audience choose. Like they did with Chuck & Nikita for me, as well as some other similar pairings. But it is a common tactic for networks to try to do.

I personally think they are going to use either FLASH or ARROW to lead into it. FLASH has the higher ratings, so it might draw a bigger audience & therefore is the most logical pick. That being said, it might flow better for future crossovers to go from Flash to Arrow to LoT for the big finale. So I can see them making an argument for putting it Weds night after ARROW. I also think the SUPERNATURAL fanbase will follow it wherever it goes, so they can freely move that show to any timeslot and probably not make a huge dent in ratings/profit.

I feel like IZombie & the 100 both have niche followings, so I wonder if they will simply replace it 1 with the other. Friday night is always free, but I doubt they will debut LoT in a Fri night timeslot with REIGN as the big lead-in or follow show. That is a really odd pairing. They could put in on Monday night and compete with Gotham, but pairing it with JANE the VIRGIN, is even odder than putting it with REIGN.

If you add Sara and Ray you get nine, so they may be in the scene just not in the shot. I'm thinking that is going to be the big showdown scene. I can see them holding off on showing all the costumes together till the big finale on Arrow.

I'm iffy on the crossover. I'm curious about how they are going to balance (or not) everything.

LOT starts in January

Actually they ordered 5 more scripts for Izombie so it's 18 episodes

• Love 1

Yeah, iZombie and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend are 13 eps, so both ending around the same time.

And I think ANTM is ending in December, so those are the 3 slots for the new shows.

taking to the ratings thread

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Ah so his story is the relationships with other characters. Just like Laurels is with her family and getting those back on track. Yet somehow that's boring but Olivers isn't

The main character of the show is Oliver Queen and everyone else is there to serve Oliver's story. That's how it all started and IMO what it needs to get back too. So for me, extended arcs devoted to supporting characters beyond a handful of episodes or snippets dripped throughout seasons is boring because it's taking too much focus off Oliver's story in the long run. YMMV

• Love 12

The main character of the show is Oliver Queen and everyone else is there to serve Oliver's story. That's how it all started and IMO what it needs to get back too. So for me, extended arcs devoted to supporting characters beyond a handful of episodes or snippets dripped throughout seasons is boring because it's taking too much focus off Oliver's story in the long run. YMMV

That's how TV works IMO. Every character should have their own arc independent of the lead.
  • Love 1

CTeHoj-UEAA1Fl-.jpg

Trying to get excited about this picture but right now I'm just not feeling it. They look like bowling pins standing around waiting to get bowled over. Seeing this many "Super Heroes" together should make my inner nerd geek squeal but nope not yet. Maybe as more information gets released and there is some reference point as to why they are ALL gathered there then maybe but for THIS picture with no context I just gotta wait to see what they bring. Flashing (no pun intended) a pretty picture and nothing else does nothing else for me.

BTW: Hawkman looks good in his Hero costume (is that a hairy chest I see). See Laurel still has her one facial expression intact even in her disguise and is she the only one with her fingers still out? No one has recommended to her that maybe the ADA might not want to be leaving her fingerprints all around Star City. Also I see they're trying to keep Laurel (BC) close to Arrow.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

That's how TV works IMO. Every character should have their own arc independent of the lead.

With an ensemble show, yes that works. But this is not an ensemble show...yet.  And if it ever becomes that show, with more time spent on supporting characters arcs than the main character like it did during the build the Black Canary arc, I'll be hard pressed to stick around.

• Love 11

If the show's only focus should be about Oliver, then there should be no Year of Diggle (which isn't happening yet, IMO, but is something many want), no Felicity family stuff, either. Now it's tied into the main arc for Diggle, but it hadn't been, for the most part, since S1, and there were no complaints. Yet when they find a place for Laurel in the main arc, people ask why they felt the need to, and say she shouldn't be there, as if any other supporting character's relevance isn't a product of the writers choosing to make them so.

• Love 1

If the show's only focus should be about Oliver, then there should be no Year of Diggle (which isn't happening yet, IMO, but is something many want), no Felicity family stuff, either. Now it's tied into the main arc for Diggle, but it hadn't been, for the most part, since S1, and there were no complaints. Yet when they find a place for Laurel in the main arc, people ask why they felt the need to, and say she shouldn't be there, as if any other supporting character's relevance isn't a product of the writers choosing to make them so.

If you are meaning that for me, it seems you might be misunderstanding me.

I never said NO arcs about the other characters at all. What I AM saying is arcs should build characterizations, give them backstory etc, but not take over the show and as such eventually inform those characters relationship or plots as they relate to Oliver.

To this point, they haven't essentially excised Oliver out of 4 or 5 episodes to tell Diggle's story or Felicity's possible family drama yet either like they did with Laurel getting to BC. They also turned the hero into the villain as a way to remove him from Star City to advance Laurel to BC and  to elevate Ray Palmer to hero during that same arc. That's the problem I have with it

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 15

I have to say, considering that we're in the middle of sweeps, the promotion for the episode has been decidedly lacking. At least last week there was the leak and all the Constantine buzz and so many episode stills we could plot out what happens. This week we get... everyone on the show reposting a photo of the crossover.

Every single time people talk about the S3 LOA bullshit and esp. Oliver joining it I get hives.  I see pics or gifs on Tumblr and I cover them with my hand and scroll past as quickly as possible.  I'll give everyone a dollar never to mention that crapsack of a storyline again.

• Love 2

I have to say, considering that we're in the middle of sweeps, the promotion for the episode has been decidedly lacking. At least last week there was the leak and all the Constantine buzz and so many episode stills we could plot out what happens. This week we get... everyone on the show reposting a photo of the crossover.

If it makes you feel any better at least Arrow production peeps don't have to resort to making their own trailers and promos because the CW is shit at it (see : Supernatural. ). I feel like Arrow and SPN and are both getting the shaft promo wise for a couple of years now, what with big spoilers being in the promos or lack of promos altogether. /bittercakes stacked a mile high

They really aren't doing much promotion for 4x06 IMO! Wonder what's up with that? I'm more excited about this episode than I was about Constantine (4x05) and yet its like the actors and the EPs aren't doing much to promote it at all, hmmm?

In 4x05, Laurel deflects blame she deserves for what Sara is going through.

In 4x06, Felicity is beating herself up over Ray's situation which is in no way her fault.

Re: Lack of promotion. I think the network throws the biggest promotion to the first episode of sweeps and hopes it carries over to the other episodes.

ETA: I remember that The Fallen got the pre-screen treatment, but I don't believe anything special was done for episode after. I can't remember if they did anything for Felicity's episode. Granted, they probably didn't have to do much with SmoakandArrow organizing a lot of free social media promo. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

So we see Sara's bloodlust in the Promo. Now we read that Thea will also have bloodlust on the mission? Consequences for them. Who bets Laurel will feel Sorry for herself mores so than tries to help the girls out emotionally?

• Love 1

So we see Sara's bloodlust in the Promo. Now we read that Thea will also have bloodlust on the mission? Consequences for them. Who bets Laurel will feel Sorry for herself mores so than tries to help the girls out emotionally?

Is there a new interview out?

Is there a new interview out?

No quote-just the EW article from a couple days ago but I just read...

Unfortunately, Ray’s message isn’t as simple as most fans had hoped — like using a magnifying glass to see that he’s been chilling on the counter the whole time. “Ray’s survival is not something that has gone unnoticed by Damien Darhk,” Mericle teases. As such, the team will soon head out on a rescue mission for Ray, which is made more complicated when Thea’s (Willa Holland) bloodlust rears its ugly head.
 http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/04/arrow-felicity-ray-alive-spoilers

I thought Thea's bloodlust was going to show up in 4x07?

The sad thing is, even if Laurel does realize this is her fault it's going to come across as a cry of attention. "How could I have done this?" "This is all my fault!" "How can you still love me?"

That kind of response is manipulation.  

• Love 6

Sara and Thea: "AHHHH, MUST KILL!"

Sara and Thea: a little later "What have I done, I couldn't stop..."

Laurel: "I'mma let you finish, but I'm the one that's really hurting here. What about how I feel?"

In my dreams: 

Sara and Thea punch Laurel in the face. 

Thea: "Do you suddenly feel better?"

Sara: "I do" 

Thea: "Want some wine?"

Sara: "Sure, that sounds good"

• Love 8

Oh that is interesting. I thought Sara's would act up in 406 and Thea's is supposed to be an issue in 407.  I wonder if the article made a mistake

There was another write-up that mentioned Sara's bloodlust being an issue on the mission in 4x06, so one of them is wrong, haha.

I also want to know why DD even cares about Ray in the first place. Is it simply because he wanted to help regenerate the city? Or is it because of his suit? 

I thought Sara's bloodlust becomes a problem in 406 and Thea's is in a later episode when she loses it in front of Alex. I'm pretty sure that's in the 407 episode description, if I remember correctly.

We know Sara's bloodlust is in this episode because we have seen Laurel and Oliver yell at her in the promo. As well as Sad Sara talking to Thea and Laurel about not being able to stop herself. The EW mention got me thinking that maybe Thea's was happening too but Sara's was so bad that no one noticed :p

We know Sara's bloodlust is in this episode because we have seen Laurel and Oliver yell at her in the promo. As well as Sad Sara talking to Thea and Laurel about not being able to stop herself. The EW mention got me thinking that maybe Thea's was happening too but Sara's was so bad that no one noticed :p

They did? I missed that.

And it makes me angry.

I guess the scene with Thea, Sara and the other one is at the end of the episode because according to the synopsis her bloodlust acts up on the mission and if they take her out after that admission I will be so pissed.

Sara isn't in 407 as far as I know. So it seems like it would need to be Sara in this episode.

Where is Sara going in 4x07? Does she just leave at the end of 4x06? I wouldn't blame her, but that just seems weird.