Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

She has a better chance since she will be away from MG. and the way they talk about her, they are actually interested in her so I have faith.

I agree. But bringing her back from the dead should have been about her and instead it's all about Laurel. Major fail already, IMO. Fingers crossed they make use of this experience she's going through over on her show.

I actually do not mind if they drop some more hints in 409 or 410 about who is in the grave, so long as it is done right. But, I am actually the minority and do not hate flash fwds if executed well, which I think so far Arrow has done well. The anvil edits can be a little over the top, but still I do not believe it has compromised the narrative. I do think the more they drop anvils on a character, the less likely it is that character. It’s classic distraction & misdirection tactic. So I say bring’em on. So far the biggest anvils have been for people I want to stay on the show, while the ramping down & closing the loop of other characters is more evident.

What I do hope is that they produce some quality drops & development. Every winter finale has been impressive with its twists and reveals. S1 we got MM and OQ seriously defeated and in the hospital & WS kidnapped. In s2 we got the Slade reveal & RH injected with mirakuru. S3 was the shocker that they actually would “kill” OQ. We all knew he wasn’t going to stay dead. But the fact that they went that far provided weeks of quality speculation. How long will he stay dead, who or how they will bring him back? It was quality TV. How were they going to fix what they had done? Or more importantly, what does this mean for the story & the characters? I just want something that lives up to that legacy.

I have lived through a finale ending car crash, so personally I think that is a little cliché & trope. They have already done a kidnapping, would they do it again? I don’t see think so, but it is a possibility. Honestly, if they kidnap FS how are they reasonably going to find her without her assistance? Plus they have already done the kidnapping arc with RP this season. I also don’t see them repeating something like a mirakuru injection. I do wonder if they will take a note from s2 and the big reveal will also link to the spin-off like BA’s electrocution. If the hints about the death will not be linked to the big reveal or plot of ep9&10, rather they are just subtle.

If they are going big, my bet is they are going to have an assassination attempt on FS’s life. But it is going to be set up as looking like an attempt on OQ’s life. DD is not dumb, he if going to go after OQ/GA he is going to be smart about it. I would not be surprised if FS is in the hospital and in bad shape. It will harken back to OQ’s s1 hospital stay. It will also give OQ an opportunity to declare his war against the person that hurt his loved one (only this time with actual emotions). It also is cliché, but it will full weeks of speculation about whether FS makes it out of the hospital or did we just get our grave answer. Then the winter premiere can happen and FS can have a miraculous recovery.

I think an assassination attempt is far more likely than a kidnapping. I also think that TPTB like to oversell their stories, so whatever WM was saying in the interviews about the death hints on 9&10, might translate to absolutely nothing.

• Love 2

According to one of the writers they added some scenes. Anyone remember the running time? I'm trying to figure out if they would have had to remove scenes.

The episode was about 42 minutes with about 1 minute dedicated to the screener bits.

Honestly, if they kidnap FS how are they reasonably going to find her without her assistance? Plus they have already done the kidnapping arc with RP this season. I also don’t see them repeating something like a mirakuru injection. I do wonder if they will take a note from s2 and the big reveal will also link to the spin-off like BA’s electrocution. If the hints about the death will not be linked to the big reveal or plot of ep9&10, rather they are just subtle.

1 name: Curtis Holt. 

We know he is suppose to work with the team at some point, this would make the perfect time to bring him in. But even if Felicity is indeed kidnapped, the writers will use it to actually strengthen her character and make her look cool. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 1

So, here is a question. With all the talk of Tommy would Laurel be willing to do the deed to resurrect Tommy since she did it with Sara and apparently to this point doesn't seem to be particularly upset about it?  And if she did, would Tommy kill her right away?

1 name: Curtis Holt. 

We know he is suppose to work with the team at some point, this would make the perfect time to bring him in. But even if Felicity is indeed kidnapped, the writers will use it to actually strengthen her character and make her look cool. 

They did that the last time she was kidnapped, so that's okay by me. 

So, here is a question. With all the talk of Tommy would Laurel be willing to do the deed to resurrect Tommy since she did it with Sara and apparently to this point doesn't seem to be particularly upset about it?  And if she did, would Tommy kill her right away?

I think she is done raising the dead. But if he was brought back, I wonder who his bloodlust would be geared towards? He wasn't actually killed by anyone directly. But we could always see the Earth 2 version of Tommy, which I am surprised the writers aren't doing. Could even have him be the Dark Archer and create all that soap drama.

• Love 2

According to one of the writers they added some scenes. Anyone remember the running time? I'm trying to figure out if they would have had to remove scenes.

He could be talking about all the VFX that are missing from the rough cut.

Also, I love how one of the writers went all "illegal" and "committed a crime" about watching a leaked download. It's neither illegal nor a crime where I live, mwahahaha.

From the EW article about tonight's episode (in the Spoilers thread):

Would this be considered ship-baiting?

IMO it's ship baiting in the half assed way they handle all of LL's other stories. 

Put on a suit, slap on a mask BAM you're the Black Canary

Iconic moment coming up...ooh she's riding a motorcycle, only they never mention that Thea's riding one too and then we never see the motorcycle again.

BC/GA team ups galore aka it's 'organic' for her to zipline around with him and then they go on an epic vision quest in their leather gear so no one can forget that it's the BC/GA onscreen.

The shipbaiting is probably in the having them hold hands while Constantine does his ritual which would be a minimal thing except for the fact that they keep teasing that Felicity's dead. So it's all don't despair L/O shippers OQ seems to be happy but Felicity's probably a goner by season's end and look...O and L have repaired their friendship (for the millionth time but whatevs BYGONES)

So in conclusion...halfassed.

• Love 6

How do they keep teasing that Felicity is the one to die? 

They've only teased a death once, and when they did it they panned from a shot of the engagement ring to the grave. It would've been an even more obvious tease if they'd left the original dialogue in the script about Oliver not knowing what he would do if anything ever happened to Felicity.

• Love 2

There was also that thing with the codenames when Felicity said something about "Oh great now a madman knows you work with a Felicity." Not as heavy-handed as the cut from the ring to the grave but it was enough. 

Seriously, if we're in for 10 episodes of hinting that it's Felicity, YAWN.

Probably more than that since MG said that the death comes "toward the end of the season." 

I was going for ten on top of the episodes we've already seen but ugh. I won't survive!

There's also that mention of "big board meeting in 6 months" when Felicity promised the Palmer Tech board that she'd reveal the new company saving innovation.

Luckily she'll be alive to lead it and blow their socks off.  Although I'm sure she'll be mildly sad about Quentin's death.

• Love 2

Whoa, Wendy Mericle's explanation to why Oliver's okay with Laurel is pretty much exactly what I said was going on:

They aired their grievances, he’s heard her point of view, and being “new Oliver” this season — a kinder, gentler version of himself now that he’s in love with Felicity and trying to be more Green Arrow than Arrow — we’re excited to see where that friendship goes.

http://tvline.com/2015/11/04/arrow-season-4-felicity-learns-ray-alive/

• Love 7

I'm still going with he's being nicer to Laurel because the city depends on him to keep them safe from that lunatic. Watching her will be a 24 hour job. Felicity should probably put a tracker on her so they can monitor her at all times to prevent her from doing something stupid. 

• Love 1

Hah! Told you she was that character from Year One.

Which kind of sucks major ass if they're going with it because that has some shitty implications (in my mind) for Olicity.

What does it imply to you?

• Love 1
(edited)

What does it imply to you?

It diminishes the importance of Felicity helping Oliver become a hero. I'm not saying she's the reason or only reason Oliver has matured but starting in 201 the theme between Oliver/Felicity was to find another way (and it continues now). Having Poppy be the one that saves Oliver on the island and inspires him to be a better person and go back to Star City and possibly names him The Hood or worse Green Arrow just doesn't work for me Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

It diminishes the importance of Felicity helpING Oliver become a hero. I'm not saying she's the reason or only reason Oliver has matured but starting in 201 the theme between Oliver/Felicity was to find another way (and it continues now). Having Poppy be the one that saves Oliver on the island and inspires him to be a better person and go back to Star City and possibly names him The Hood or worse Green Arrow just doesn't work for me

Maybe with Shadowspire involved on the island, this story is going to take kind of a turn? Oliver didn't see himself as a hero when he went home, so that wouldn't change anything between him and Felicity wrt his journey (for me). I would call BS if she gave him the Green Arrow name, because why wouldn't he have used it when he first came home? 

Ah, I'm not going to let myself read too much into it at this point, haha.

• Love 2

It diminishes the importance of Felicity helping Oliver become a hero. I'm not saying she's the reason or only reason Oliver has matured but starting in 201 the theme between Oliver/Felicity was to find another way (and it continues now). Having Poppy be the one that saves Oliver on the island and inspires him to be a better person and go back to Star City and possibly names him The Hood or worse Green Arrow just doesn't work for me

I get where you are coming from and I agree. I was thinking they go more contrast with the FB relationship, but if they keep with that it would be more parallel. Maybe? I hope they change it up. I want dark and bad.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I mean obviously they can't do an exact copy of Year One and they always pick and choose parts of the comics they follow anyway. There can totally be a twist where Poppy betrays Oliver or something. I would just prefer more contrast than parallel with Olicity. However, if they pull directly from the comics it's a direct parallel to Felicity and I don't like that.

Im still fairly certain she's the 4th grave on the Island.

• Love 4

Ok, am I crazy, or in that promo for next episode, did I see Sara suited up as Black Canary? I know there's been photos of her suited up with Thea and Laurel, but man is it good to have a smile on my face, seeing her in her full attire once more! 

It diminishes the importance of Felicity helping Oliver become a hero. I'm not saying she's the reason or only reason Oliver has matured but starting in 201 the theme between Oliver/Felicity was to find another way (and it continues now). Having Poppy be the one that saves Oliver on the island and inspires him to be a better person and go back to Star City and possibly names him The Hood or worse Green Arrow just doesn't work for me

It does the exact opposite of Felicity. She would inspire Oliver to hood up to become a killer and start him on that dark path. 

Does anyone else think that Felicity would have been able to clean up that recording of Ray? I'm gonna choose to believe she was delegating as CEO because she was so busy rather than what my gut is telling me that they're dumbing down her abilities for others. Hmm...

Does anyone else think that Felicity would have been able to clean up that recording of Ray? I'm gonna choose to believe she was delegating as CEO because she was so busy rather than what my gut is telling me that they're dumbing down her abilities for others. Hmm...

I think they are dumbing down Felicity for Curtis, and I'm not a fan. I think it's absolutely possible to integrate Curtis and have him work with Felicity without her sudden incompetence. There is no situation on Earth where she would have only been mildly curious when her phone was wigging out. Nope. 

I'll allow it because I like Curtis, but I am giving it the side eye.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 7

100% with you guys on the purposeful downgrading of Felicity's technical abilities...looks like Oliver's not the only character suffering from the writers' efforts to elevate other characters by sacrificing 4+ years of character/skill development. Not cool, show. NOT. COOL.

• Love 8