Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I believe EK and Bamford were also interviewed.

In response to some questions asked above...

-- On whether Oliver will be insecure or bothered by Ray's return, MG: "Episode 406 – which is awesome, by the way – holds the answer to your questions." (MG tumblr response, page 22 of Spoilers thread)
-- WM: "Damien Darhk has come to Starling City to be our Big Bad for this season and also wreak a lot of havoc. He's a former member of the League, but has taken his powers and his agenda into a much more modern and completely new level, and a very scary level. Damien's going to fight Oliver, and things are going to get pretty scary for him and Felicity." (Official "A Sneak Peek at Arrow Season 4" video, page 21 of Spoilers thread and page 622 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

IIRC, Oliver is supposed to discover something DD cares about. As a result he is going to destroy Oliver. Kidnapping or harming Felicity would do it. CR is in 4.09 & 4.10. You have a couple of weeks for hiatus for fans to wonder if she is alive. It would fit Ausiello's blind item along with the uncertainty of whether it sticks or not. I think it doesn't stick but they were trying to sell her as grave victim in 4.01.

• Love 1

Yeah, that sounds right to me. Sara needs to be away from Thea but doesn't want to kill anymore and wants to find a way to be a hero instead. Enter Rip Hunter or whatever and spin-off here we come!

I'm just glad this bloodlust thing isn't being solved by Constantine because I think it's a really interesting thing for Thea to have to struggle with. I find that makes her a more worthy hero somehow. Has this major darkness to deal with but doesn't accept it and chooses to work against that thirst. I love it.

If Constantine does not solve TQ's bloodlust, I want him to at least give her some plausible ways to overcome it. I don't mind watching her struggle. It does make for a deeper hero overcoming darkness show. But there has to be another way to overcome it than just by killing every so many weeks. I want the equivalent of an activity TruBlood or maybe hunting animals instead like they do in Twilight. Something that they discover with Constantine's suggestions that works. I just think it might get old if there are never any ways for TQ to overcome this darkness despite all of her best efforts. I like my shows dark but if every show is going to be like a meeting of Darkness Anonymous where TA discusses overcoming there inner demons that might be a little too depressing.

• Love 6

I'm cool with Felicity being kidnapped, as long as she's not tortured or assaulted and it doesn't go longer than a couple episodes.

I just had a horrible thought. See how the writers put what's in their way of developping what they want "on hold", aka Oliver's death last year? Well, this year Oliver is supposed to have another love interest.

So, horrible thought: Felicity is kidnapped, and/or tortured, brainwashed, everyone believes her dead etc. for several episodes, time for Oliver and Poppy Girl to heat it up on the island.

Seriously, I believe that killing Felicity would be suicidal. TPTB should ask W.Miller to refresh their memory about what happened when they killed his love interest on Prison Break, like the drop in audience that pushed them to call her back in spite of having showed her head in a box, and how a good chunk of those who left never ever came back (IIRC, of course). And I don't think that Sara Tancredi was half popular as Felicity is, or even as central to the show (YMMV).

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

I don't know about what the ratings would do but I'd certainly be gone. Not even David's amazing arms or Stephen's abs would overcome that, I'm afraid.

Yeah as much I love Dig Thea and Oliver I can't deal and watch a show with Felicity not there I'm out if she's gone from the show.it's Show Suicide

I just had a horrible thought. See how the writers put what's in their way of developping what they want "on hold", aka Oliver's death last year? Well, this year Oliver is supposed to have another love interest.

So, horrible thought: Felicity is kidnapped, and/or tortured, brainwashed, everyone believes her dead etc. for several episodes, time for Oliver and Poppy Girl to heat it up on the island.

Seriously, I believe that killing Felicity would be suicidal. TPTB should ask W.Miller to refresh their memory about what happened when they killed his love interest on Prison Break, like the drop in audience that pushed them to call her back in spite of having showed her head in a box, and how a good chunk of those who left never ever came back (IIRC, of course). And I don't think that Sara Tancredi was half popular as Felicity is, or even as central to the show (YMMV).

Ugh get that thought of Felicity being brainwashed out of here!

• Love 2

That's what I thought. Something is gonna happen. There's no way they wouldn't go there now that O/F are properly together. I'm also wondering if that's what brings in Papa Smoak (because I'm still holding out hope that DD isn't her father).

I've been thinking about it. Ever since they stated that DD was not the head of HIVE, I assumed PapaSmoak may be a high ranking player. I wonder if they will bring PapaSmoak in s4b to help take down DD because DD has stepped out of line and gone after FS. I have this feeling that PapaSmoak loved his family, but loved being a rich genius running HIVE and making technological breakthrough more. He was probably the quintessential workaholic genius. He peaced out on his family out of love for them, but more so for love of his work. He couldn't be committed to both and out of love for them chose a certain path that kept him away from the people he loved, sound a little familiar? SO in many ways he is like OQ & FS between the workaholic tendencies and the sacrificing of important things over other things for reasons.

By bringing in PapaSmoak to help take down DD, it will be an interesting angle for the writers. Because it will lead to natural conflict in TA. How can JD avenge his brother's death? How can FS be willing to work with her Father who is more Waller or MM-esque? Will OQ be okay with letting HIVE exist to take down DD? It would eliminate the s4 Big Bad, but also create another long-arc frenemy of TA (which is good IMO). I also think it would be a good way to take down DD, because logically without powers, how is TA going to be able to take down the Magical DD? But if they have inside help (that's not QL, because his help is limited), it would be plausible that they are able to succeed in taking DD down despite his powers.

• Love 7

They are not killing Felicity.  My goodness, I am as sure of that as I am of pretty much anything in my tv-watching life.

They are filming the MSF now, and it involves Chrismukkah decorations, so no time shift at that point.  Meaning if something happens to Felicity, it's not the six-month coffin scene.  I don't think they'll have her brainwashed (Oliver has already been fake brainwashed and Thea was real brainwashed), and I really don't think they'll have her tortured.  

Their plan with Poppy Woman is a total mystery to me.  I'm not finding her particularly attractive, so for me it's hard to imagine FB Oliver wanting to get with her, especially since he's pretty busy right now.  And she's apparently basically good (although kind of shitty, since she stole the drugs but let that one guy get shot for it), so I don't see either a contrast with Olicity (bc she's not evil) or a parallel (since she's kind of shitty).  I don't see how they'd need to stall Olicity for an FB love interest, either.  They also can't keep O/F separated for too long, because that leads to boredom.  So I'm guessing she disappears at the end of 3.09 and they get her back in 3.11 at the latest.  Probably traumatized by something to do with her dad, and in general having been kidnapped, but I really don't think they'll have her tortured.  They are USUALLY pretty good at avoiding violence against women, unless it's more of an combatant/equals-type violence.

• Love 16

Yeah, I highly doubt they're killing Felicity, and I'm also wondering what they're doing with the FB love interest. I too am having difficulty imagining the two of them together, and I agree with AyChihuahua that she seems kind of shitty to me. I still don't get what they were doing with the drug thing-if she was being honest, why did she let one guy take a bullet to the head before she spoke up?

• Love 1

I think The FB love interest will turn out evil or something.So far she seems really boring and kind of annoying.I mean I was never going to like a LI for Oliver that isn't Felicity but I'm hoping for something more interesting than what we've seen so far.

• Love 5

Yeah, I find her annoying too. I try not to, because *I* know Oliver isn't going to hurt her, so her continued resistance/attitude toward him is trying, while at the same time I know she doesn't have any reason to trust him. I wish they had made it clear that she was lying about stealing he drugs, because ever since she let that dude take one to the head for her I'm constantly thinking , "just shut up and go along with it, at least you isn't suffer a headshot like THAT GUY YOU LET TAKE THE FALL FOR YOU."

They are not killing Felicity.  My goodness, I am as sure of that as I am of pretty much anything in my tv-watching life.

They are filming the MSF now, and it involves Chrismukkah decorations, so no time shift at that point.  Meaning if something happens to Felicity, it's not the six-month coffin scene.  I don't think they'll have her brainwashed (Oliver has already been fake brainwashed and Thea was real brainwashed), and I really don't think they'll have her tortured.  

Their plan with Poppy Woman is a total mystery to me.  I'm not finding her particularly attractive, so for me it's hard to imagine FB Oliver wanting to get with her, especially since he's pretty busy right now.  And she's apparently basically good (although kind of shitty, since she stole the drugs but let that one guy get shot for it), so I don't see either a contrast with Olicity (bc she's not evil) or a parallel (since she's kind of shitty).  I don't see how they'd need to stall Olicity for an FB love interest, either.  They also can't keep O/F separated for too long, because that leads to boredom.  So I'm guessing she disappears at the end of 3.09 and they get her back in 3.11 at the latest.  Probably traumatized by something to do with her dad, and in general having been kidnapped, but I really don't think they'll have her tortured.  They are USUALLY pretty good at avoiding violence against women, unless it's more of an combatant/equals-type violence.

I have no idea what their plan if with Poppy Girl. (So much funner to type than FB LI, i'd laugh if her name is Poppy or another drug-like reference) Anyway, she does not look attractive at all. I realized I didn't recognize her in earlier eps because she looks so old. She looks nice outside the show, so maybe they are teen-movieing her and she will all the sudden become drop dead gorgeous just when OQ needs to get laid.

Part of me really really wants FS to be captured by DD & HIVE. I don't mind if its kidnapped or not. But I see her taking a more active role and being taken on a mission, similar to the Count. But I could see DD targeting her after he makes the connection that GA is OQ, and OQ makes his very committed relationship to FS public. Either way, I am craving a scene between FS & PapaSmoak where it is Alias like and we get a tied up FS saying "Dad" and cut the scene to black. Personally I see this happening more in s4b as the the big Feb sweeps finale. It's perfect timing for the intro of PapaSmoak, you don't even necessarily need to cast him. It is also perfect timing for DD to be going off the rails & stepping out of line if GA is getting to his organization. It also is a good way to recharge a season long big bad arc, since it might be getting stale by then. DD can only CGI stop so many flying objects and monologue his evil for so long.

• Love 3

Well, now if they don't name Flashback Chick "Poppy", I'm gonna be seriously disappointed, THANKS, GUYS.

:)

Edit: But also, I don't think they can get away with minimal Felicity presence in several episodes in a row? I mean, I can buy it that DD will give her the drug that allows him to control people, and maybe she'll be a walking sleeper agent until he decides to actively control her sometime in February sweeps.

But I don't think they'll keep her off screen, or with minimal screen time, for a long haul kidnap story.

Actually, now that I think about it, I find it more likely that a mind-controlled Felicity kills the person who's in that grave, than Felicity is in that grave.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 4

So far, I think this season has been greatly improved over last (as long as I determinedly don't think about the Laurel of it). But the flashbacks are still a huge problem. I personally think they're more boring than Hong Kong was, and at least last year I was looking forward to finding out what would happen with Maseo and Tatsu. This year I don't care about any of it. I really could not care less about what happens to FB girl or any of these people.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 11

I was much more interested in the flashbacks when I thought they were going to do RussianMafia.

I don't care about Poppy or the island. I do understand now why I don't remember the actress from anything else. I can't even remember what she looks like.

• Love 7

So far, I think this season has been greatly improved over last (as long as I determinedly don't think about the Laurel of it). But the flashbacks are still a huge problem. I personally think they're more boring than Hong Kong was, and at least last year I was looking forward to finding out what would happen with Maseo and Tatsu. This year I don't care about any of it.

They really do need to up their importance or relevancy sooner rather than later. It was really distracting to have them in the last ep when SC was so good and NP was necessary for legit plot purposes. There was one FB scene, where somebody said the word trust and I was like oh there is the FB message of the show. Great wrap it up, no need to go back to the island this ep. But they didn't listen to me and proceeded to bring me back for more boring scenes.

I think @Happy Harpy has a good theory and somehow "Poppy" is related to Anatoly. It would make sense that she would be so bold & deceptive at the same time. Frankly, it takes someone who used to getting stuff (aka spoiled loved one of mafia boss) to stand up to thugs like that and not expect retribution. Unless of course she is just that dumb to not keep her mouth shut on multiple occasions. She also could be on the island as a result of whatever happened to Anatoly's empire after he was stuck on the IVO ship. Also if OQ saves her life, Anatoly would be indebted to him with 2 lives, thereby making his Bratva Captainship a reward more likely without doing all the evil stuff that @Aychihuahua does not want OQ doing because the show won't go that dark. 

But whatever the reasons are, I need them to tell me what the point of the drug fields is sooner rather than later. They can leave OQ in the dark, but the audience needs to know why they are interrupting a good show with some poorly acted FB scenes. Personally, I really want the drug fields connected to Bratva so we can finally get a BratvaOliver and hopefully a darker OQ. OQ was never evil, but he certainly was darker in the pilot. We need to see him get there. FB OQ right now is too light and even keeled to be the same guy we met in the pilot or s1.

• Love 5

Edit: But also, I don't think they can get away with minimal Felicity presence in several episodes in a row? I mean, I can buy it that DD will give her the drug that allows him to control people, and maybe she'll be a walking sleeper agent until he decides to actively control her sometime in February sweeps.

But I don't think they'll keep her off screen, or with minimal screen time, for a long haul kidnap story.

I'd worry more about Felicity ending up mind-controlled if (1) they hadn't already done that story, several times; and (2) they didn't get into the half-the-genes thing.  You can't just take away half a person's genes and still have them, you know, alive and recognizably human.  So I'm on board with the Ghosts being clones or drones or dead and reanimated, aka stuff they won't do to Felicity.

Completely agreed that they won't keep Felicity off-screen or even on-screen but separated from the team for me than an episode or two.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I still think that the Smurfette (she's pretty much the only woman on the island, isn't she?) might be Anatoly's daughter, or related to him somehow.

I don't want that, because prior connections between characters makes it much more difficult for me to suspend disbelief.  E.g., Oliver randomly coming across Shado's unknown twin sister in Hong Kong.  The world is a very big place...now I once came across a former middle school student acquaintance from Washington State years later at a random McDonalds in like South Dakota, so I can suspend disbelief once, maybe twice.  But beyond that it's just silly.

I like the idea of DD taking Felicity, but not as a way to get to Oliver. I would prefer if it was for her tech abilities (and the bonus is it pisses off Oliver). I want to see an entire episode of Felicity and DD interacting. One of my favorite Game of Thrones scenes was the one with Arya and Tywin. I love that kind of interplay and think the contrast with Felicity and DD could be really cool.

• Love 3

I'd worry more about Felicity ending up mind-controlled if (1) they hadn't already done that story, several times; and (2) they didn't get into the half-the-genes thing.  You can't just take away half a person's genes and still have them, you know, alive and recognizably human.  So I'm on board with the Ghosts being clones or drones or dead and reanimated, aka stuff they won't do to Felicity.

Completely agreed that they won't keep Felicity off-screen or even on-screen but separated from the team for me than an episode or two.

Yeah, I know it's repetitive. But Neil McD mentioned in an interview that DD gives the minions a drug that allows him to control them [probably the drug from the flashbacks?]. I just think it's just too irresistible a plot device for these writers not to use it in one of Our Heroes at some point.

• Love 3

I like the idea of DD taking Felicity, but not as a way to get to Oliver. I would prefer if it was for her tech abilities (and the bonus is it pisses off Oliver). I want to see an entire episode of Felicity and DD interacting. One of my favorite Game of Thrones scenes was the one with Arya and Tywin. I love that kind of interplay and think the contrast with Felicity and DD could be really cool.

I do like that idea. I just don't see the writers doing it. I feel like they already did that by having DD steal RP. So it would be a duplication of a plot line in the same season, which would be unlike them. That being said, if it happens that she is taken for her skill it would be great. I just see her more taken because of OQ or as a result of her being more active in a mission thereby making her more vulnerable to being captured. In fact, I would go as far as to say that MG wouldn't have believed he was lying to us about FS being kidnapped, because technically she would be captured by DD and not kidnapped. Play on words, but that is Trollenheim's jam.

And your right an episode loaded with DD v FS scenes would be great.

• Love 1

I think The FB love interest will turn out evil or something.So far she seems really boring and kind of annoying.I mean I was never going to like a LI for Oliver that isn't Felicity but I'm hoping for something more interesting than what we've seen so far.

Actually, at the start of the episode, when she's suddenly all, boo, spoiled rich kid, my first thought was, Laurel? It faded by the end, but that's honest to God the first character I made a parallel to.

I still think that the Smurfette (she's pretty much the only woman on the island, isn't she?) might be Anatoly's daughter, or related to him somehow.

Her being Anatoly's inside woman could lead to something.

I don't think she's unattractive, only that she doesn't seem that interesting so far.

Yeah, her being taken for her own merits would look better.
  • Love 2

I love that COMICBOOK.COM refers to Arrow as starring SA, DR and EBR.

Curious about DD's personal life, mostly because I can't see Oliver going after a loved ones family to get to them so that makes me think it isn't the usual personal life.

Lance is supporting Oliver for Mayor and feels fatherly pride? That makes no sense.

• Love 5

I guess the Lance redemption tour starts soon.  Screw that, but it does add to the likelihood that Quentin's in the grave.

I really do think Darhk could have a wife or kid frozen in a box.  Maybe RAG's original family, who RAG thought were dead but somehow DD kept quasi-alive bc he secretly lurrrrrrved them?

I am entertained by the idea of DD thinking he can control dumb little mayoral candidate Ollie Queen, and being shocked that he actually has a backbone.  I am also amused by the idea of Oliver interacting with DD knowing who he is and trying to hide that he knows.

• Love 5

Alright. Theory on the yingyangkiss.

It's post-sex. It looks like they are laying on a rug and that lighting looks very fire-like. I'm thinking she got up and put on his shirt and glasses and crawled over for a lazy kiss. Super lazy because he looks quite satisfied.  

• Love 6

RE: Felicity and Ray. I wonder when she finds out it's Ray.

I kind of have the impression that she just thinks something is going on, but maybe doesn't realize it's Ray right away.

I don't want that, because prior connections between characters makes it much more difficult for me to suspend disbelief. 

I agree, that's why I thought about Anatoly. He was captured by Ivo, but I don't think that we know where or why. Maybe he was looking for her because she's a relative, maybe he had interests around and Poppy girl is one of his agents, and his connection to her would explain his presence in the region (since he's based in Moscow, IIRC).

I'm certainly way off the mark, as always, but I don't think that her Russian accent is at random.

• Love 2

I agree, that's why I thought about Anatoly. He was captured by Ivo, but I don't think that we know where or why. Maybe he was looking for her because she's a relative, maybe he had interests around and Poppy girl is one of his agents, and his connection to her would explain his presence in the region (since he's based in Moscow, IIRC).

I'm certainly way off the mark, as always, but I don't think that her Russian accent is at random.

Since they're basically doing the Year One Storyline I'm guessing that the Russian chick is basically a stand in for this character

Taiana, one of the natives of the island, saved him from certain death.

Her selfless act of kindness opened Oliver's eyes to the guilt he had been carrying his entire life: the guilt of stepping over the underprivileged on his way to the top. To repay the debt he owed Taiana, he made it his life's calling to fight for the rights of the downtrodden. He then freed the slaves by taking down China White's organization armed only with Howard Hill's bow (which the earlier party had an auction for) and a dozen arrows.

When the authorities arrived, Oliver downplayed the whole scenario. He sacrificed the credit of busting a drug ring in order to protect the lives of Taiana's people. Believing that it's not his style to bask in the limelight anymore, he chose to live a double-life as a brash socialite by day and by night, someone he never dreamed he would be, a hero. Upon his return to Star City, he crafted a costume and took the name Taiana gave him: Green Arrow.

• Love 5

That could work, so that he doesn't just kind of randomly come across Anatoly's daughter.

For the record, I still say that Oliver has already done enough for Anatoly that Anatoly could make him a Captain, especially since he wasn't really going to be an active Captain.  Also, if it turns out that Oliver gets involved in drug-trafficking, I'm fine with that.  I mean, this whole flashback season seems to be about Oliver being undercover for Waller, but maybe Bratva will come in at some point.  I am VEHEMENTLY against Oliver getting involved in sex/human-trafficking in any way, but I'm fairly neutral on drug-trafficking storylines.

• Love 4
Does what Malcolm said on Arrow mean Sara has to kill Thea? — Hillary

Scary, right? But, to be fair, Malcolm was the mastermind behind her death. “He’s not afraid of her because, in his mind, he killed her once, he can kill her again,” John Barrowman says. “But he doesn’t know what she’s come out of the pit with. Everybody comes out of the pit different. People come out with a bit of every soul that has been put in the pit before. Some parts of those souls take over. Thea’s got a bloodlust. Damien Darhk’s got something else. What will Sara come out with?” We all caught that Darhk mention, right? Okay, good.

Well that's interesting, if he's telling the truth. Thea got bloodlust, Damien Darhk apparently got magic powers and Sara may get something else. 

• Love 3

Canary Cry?!  LOL

MG did say we would see the Canary Cry lots more and we haven't seen Laurel use it in any previews. I'm just saying :-)

Comic question. Does anyone know why the White Canary is called the White Canary?

• Love 4

Canary Cry?!  LOL

That would be hilarious. 

I'd take any super power, but mostly Wolverine like healing so I don't have to worry about her dying again. 

Comic question. Does anyone know why the White Canary is called the White Canary?

The unnamed White Canary just took that name to get back at Black Canary. 

Edited by Sakura12

I like the idea of FB LI being related to Anatoly, and that's how Oliver gets to Russia for next season.

If it's her grave on the island -- so much more angst for Oliver if Felicity gets kidnapped by DD.

If DD takes her, and he's not her dad but her dad is part of HIVE, you'd think it'd come up then.  Of course, if her dad is a high-up in HIVE and gives a crap about her I can't see him not telling DD she's off-limits before DD even gets to town, but whatevs.

It's all those fathers and daughters anvils we've been getting lately.  S1 was fathers and sons, but since then it's been fathers and daughters all the way, even to Diggle and Sara.

DD threatened Quentin's daughter, he's going to tell him to "put [sara] down" and he stopped Anarky from hurting Madison.  Having Felicity's father be another of the partners of HIVE would follow.  If Felicity's daddy is going to be angry at DD for kidnapping her, could get interesting.

• Love 3

That would be hilarious. 

I'd take any super power, but mostly Wolverine like healing so I don't have to worry about her dying again. 

The unnamed White Canary just took that name to get back at Black Canary. 

Thanks! I laughed. That could be a meta on the Lance sister relationship.

• Love 3

Holy crap, if they give Sara a real Canary Cry some people are going to be so incredibly angry.

hehehehe

Forgot to mention. Love that SA came up with a head canon about Oliver and Donna's relationship.

• Love 4

It did

Didnt the Lazarus Pit restore BCs metahuman ability in the comics?

I'd like for Sara to have some kind of can't die. I want the show to go dark and have Lance Kill Sara but a few minutes later she's back a live. I've wanted Sara to be a version of Resurrection man from the first guesses after Legends was announced. Sara is going to be haunted and not worry about life and death. Her search for Humanity maybe because the one thing that humans us all is the ability to die.

Perhaps she will just have to deal with all the voices of the dead in her head. Sara can be literally crazy and has to deal with all those thoughts at the same time she has to figure away to be "normal" and an assassin.