Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah this is me. I loved Sara on the team, I liked Roy, I'm perfectly fine with Thea, I would have turned backflips if Tatsu had stuck around and joined the team. It's just Laurel. Only Laurel. :(

I'm serious as hell when I say I hope they continue to do ridiculous shit like the fanboy with Laurel, because then I'll be able to point and laugh and mock. I just can't take anymore of the Dementor effect she's had on me for three seasons.

• Love 5

It's so odd that Laurel wasn't set up for anything. They seemed so deliberate with the other characters that to not set Laurel up seems like a glaring omission. I can't figure out if Laurel was the blank fortune cookie or if they just legit forgot about her and it doesn't mean anything more than she is an afterthought to the writers.

• Love 1

I'm iffy that they seem to think Roy and Thea are interchangeable in their narrative roles in Oliver's story, but at least they have a role. The sidekick/mentee/apprentice thing works in this story.

Laurel doesn't even have a role in Oliver's story. If you put Cupid on the right meds and switch Laurel for her on the team, it makes no difference. Because it's someone who doesn't have anything to offer Oliver's journey on any deeper level. It's just extra muscle. Which yeah, it's WEIRD AS FUCK when that someone is supposed to be Black Canary.

I really do hope that everyone but Felicity piling up on Oliver in 401 is actual set up for all of those relationships to be explored more in depth as the season goes. But hilariously for Laurel, same as she didn't get even a hint of a story arc in 401, she also wasn't set up for a dispute with Oliver. We know it's coming once she goes gravedigger on Sara, but I'm still finding it super telling that they're not setting her up in the season premiere.

I agree about Laurel. As is, both she and Thea are in the sidekick role. If this show was AOS and had a large ensemble cast with different teams in action it might work. That's not how the show has been set up so far, however. This is Oliver Queen's journey. If it wasn't, or things have changed, we should be getting flashbacks from different characters. As far as I know, the majority, if not all, of the flashbacks are going to be about Past!Oliver and how his past relates/parallels/differs from Current!Oliver. Which means the Arrowcave is going to get crowded. As we've seen from last year, isolating characters in their own bubble doesn't work so how do you make a team of characters work when you won't acknowledge one is the leader even thought it's implicitly his story?

I know this show started as Batman and now wants to morph into the Justice League, but it doesn't work with the setup they've determined. Until they adjust the setup of the show or reconfigure characters, we'll continue to get terrible scenes of needing Oliver's help but bitching at him when he gives it. That's not going to work for me. 

Olicity is shiny and bright and distracting me, but I'd like a good show to go along with that relationship. 

• Love 11

I'm serious as hell when I say I hope they continue to do ridiculous shit like the fanboy with Laurel, because then I'll be able to point and laugh and mock. I just can't take anymore of the Dementor effect she's had on me for three seasons.

It is rather amusing. She tends to feel so disconnected from the other characters, everytime she gets the spotlight I feel like the scenes are underlined. Like Arrow hits pause to give KC her 'moment' and then it's back to Arrow.

• Love 8

They tried to morph into Justice League last season but it didn't go over so well with the audience.After 3.13 it went back to being about Oliver.

What they have IMO is a big comic book character that doesn't fit with BC.There never was an issue of leadership until Laurel needed to join.Not with Diggle,Felicity,Roy or even Sara who only sidelined Felicity and Diggle for a few episodes while she was Oliver's love interest.To fit in Laurel without making her a sidekick to Oliver nor equal to him without earning it,they are trying to make it seem like this is an issue for the whole team.But it's not working because we had a team that worked just fine for 2 and a half seasons as partners but with the show's star naturally being the leader.

It is rather amusing. She tends to feel so disconnected from the other characters, everytime she gets the spotlight I feel like the scenes are underlined. Like Arrow hits pause to give KC her 'moment' and then it's back to Arrow.

Its still more annoying than funny for me lol.They never had to give fanboy moments to anyone on the show to sell them as a hero.Laurel is the only one who has been wearing a mask for less then a season but already has two of those.I kinda feel bad for the writers tbh.It's clear they have no idea what to do with her or how to write her but are for some reason still keeping her on the show.

• Love 8

The EPs seem fully aware OTA was missed. 4x03 seems like a OTA episode even with Sara's resurrection. I don't think Sara will make an appearance until the end of the episode and I believe KC was spending some time in Maimi during filming so that feels like the B-plot. With KC constantly missing or having very little screentime for a few episodes each season, I'm wondering if they will take advantage of that and have OTA-centric episodes.

Why is she away? Not that I don't approve and support that.

Yeah this is me. I loved Sara on the team, I liked Roy, I'm perfectly fine with Thea, I would have turned backflips if Tatsu had stuck around and joined the team. It's just Laurel. Only Laurel. :(

Oh, if we're casting wishes - Lyla! Get her on board. She's awesome, knows how to function as both part and leader of a team, and sees the fight as a worthy cause Sara can be proud of. As for Sara and Roy, I thought they worked really well as additions if I ignore that phase where Oliver and Sara had their own show. But they were brought back into the fold quickly enough.
  • Love 6

I honestly think its the writers that has caused such a disconnect for most fans and Laurel. They have written her so badly and Katie has interpreted her even worse than she was written IMO. Now I'm not saying that Katie is a bad actress or that she is not a likable actress (cause I loved her as Ruby in Supernatural) but something just does not resonate with her and MOST Arrow fans.

I don't know if its her resting bitch face expressions, her line delivery or again the overall way they (the writers) chose to present her that just have turned people off and for some reason nothing they have done afterwards have put her back in fans favor. The whole I love Tommy no I love Oliver, drug addiction/alcoholic story line, or just annoying ways they had her look down her nose at everyone didn't do her any favors either.

Killing off Sara so the birth of her becoming "Black Canary" pissed off quite a few fans as well. Not unlike the writers giving her the absolute bare minimum of training and maybe a month membership to fight along side Nyssa before saying she could take down or fight on the same level as the League of Assassins. Now the writers are saying her learning curve is over and she's body slamming full grown size damn men (really that was a thing in the first episode, yeah we see you Arrow).

I don't like the way she has been written or how they continue to write her and that's just with one episode into Season 4. It's like they wrote themselves into a corner with her and now they don't know what her special purpose can be. It might have helped if they hadn't given everything that should have been hers to Sara. It also doesn't help since the whole her as Oliver's love interest didn't work out they still followed that portion of the story board. I'm not a big comic book fan but from what I'm reading "Black Canary" is NO ONE's side-kick but at the same time this version of the Black Canary surely shouldn't be Oliver's hell NOT even Diggle's equal and that's the way the show is presenting her.right now. Which in itself presents another problem for the writers trying to get fans to believe that.

I don't know how they rectify the many ways in which the show has failed her but in many ways now the show is also failing the viewers. I said that to say this MOST fans are not going to warm up to Laurel as the Black Canary and the more they push her to the forefront the more they piss off some fans. If they don't push her to the forefront or give her due respect as SOME other fans have said then they piss off those fans. Laurel is quite the conundrum right now.

I truly hope whichever way this goes it works out for Katie Cassidy she seems like a good person (don't know her personally) and I'm sure she was proud and happy to be the face of such an iconic comic book figure. It's unfortunate the show took away giving her the exclusive joy and feature she should have gotten as the "Black Canary" by introducing the "Canary" first and stealing some of it from her.

Babbling over for now lol.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 7

If I had it my way, I'd take out LL (because it's been previously established that there isn't a need for 4 vigilantes add Lyla as the team's tactical support. Plus didn't Lyla get fired from ARGUS last season? Or am I making it up? 

• Love 4

Why is she away? Not that I don't approve and support that.

I know for sure she does Fashion Week every year. I'm not sure if the other times she is absent is because of something on her plate or if they don't write her in to the episode.

• Love 1

If I had it my way, I'd take out LL (because it's been previously established that there isn't a need for 4 vigilantes add Lyla as the team's tactical support. Plus didn't Lyla get fired from ARGUS last season? Or am I making it up? 

She quit ARGUS because of Waller making her do some questionable stuff IIRC, and she wanted to do something that would make Sara proud. Although she still somehow had access to ARGUS assets (like planes, for Barry to use in The Flash). How, I don't know. 

• Love 1

I guess it's Darhk.

That's disappointing.

I guess I was assuming that it would be a hero because that's the direction we the audience view the show from.  I just lost interest if the floater is Darhk.

It seems as if just like last season, the EPs think the villain of the season is a great deal more interesting than I think he is.

Edited by statsgirl

Roy worked better because he didn't mess with the dynamic of the team.He was always in the background anyway and no one had to yell at Oliver to get him to accept Roy on the team.

I also liked how in season 1 and 2 we had Oliver chose who will join his team and they gave those scenes a lot of importance.In season 3 Laurel and Thea pretty much snuck their way on the team while he wasn't there and he had to deal with it.That's an awful dynamic.

This season they're making the mistake of having the team be awful to Oliver for no reason apart from Diggle.People tend to side with the main character,making the team act like jerks towards him doesn't help make the new members better accepted.

I would actually that in a way Thea was invited to the team when Oliver told her about the secret and than Roy literally gave her his outfit saying "red was always your color".. he was literally saying: girl, you have mad skills, time to use them for some good.

On the good side, Felicity will be getting a code name because they would be stupid to ask for suggestions if they're not going to give her one.  On the bad side, I'm really worrying about what it's going to be.

This.

The calls for OTA started when Sara joined and Diggle and Felicity got pushed into the background.  They even said it on the show "This started with the three of us. It's time we got back to that."  (And then Laurel joined Oliver but that's the way the show rolls. No sooner does a character say something (e.g. Oliver telling Felicity he'll never lose her), then the show does the complete opposite (Oliver not noticing Felicity in TOD because he's with Sara.)

Roy fit in because he didn't disturb the existing dynamic of O/D/F, he was an additional pair of hands and some of his own stoyrylines but definitely second tier.  Laurel, on the other hand, never fit in seamlessly, not even when Oliver was "dead" (e.g. Diggle stayed behind while Laurel was in the field; Diggle drove the truck and the helicopter so that Laurel could be the fighter).  

I also agree with tangerine95 that having Laurel and Thea start out with "You're not the boss of me" right after they were the ones to ask Oliver back is not the way to make us love them on the team.

That's what they did with Roy, made him fit the existing team, as opposed to changing the team with first Sara and then Laurel coming on.

it's like adding liquid to the dry ingredients, if I can use an Oliver cooking metaphor. You have to go slowly or it ends up lumpy and doesn't taste good.

Now that's a metaphor I can get behind.. ie now I want a cookie.. I might go and make some.. mmm: study for midterms or bake cookies.. *-*

I'll add that all the new members besides buckles jelled in fine.. even in the premier Thea did what Oliver asked of her no questions asked "suit up, hit the streets"

• Love 4

They made huge mistakes with her and it's too late to fix it.There is no unique place on the team for her to find.

Thea is Oliver sidekick and no matter how they try to sell Laurel is her mentor we all know that is an oversell and the relationship will be used so Laurel can get to the LP and Oliver will actually be her mentor like he was with Roy.

Diggle is the military specialst and Oliver's best friend.

Felicity is the tech genius and Oliver's love interest.

What can Laurel really be even when they are better friends?He already has ex girlfriends that he's on friendly terms with,its not like that means much to Oliver or helps his character development.And is being a lawyer really something that warrants a lot of screen time and focus?Lawyer scenes were only used to give Laurel something to do and aren't vital to team arrow.They already have 3 other fighters on the team,so that position isn't unique it's actually overcrowded.

I just don't see a future on this show for her the way they're going.She's never getting her own team or villain,there's no room for that on this show.

• Love 5

That's disappointing.

I guess I was assuming that it would be a hero because that's the direction we the audience view the show from.  I just lost interest if the floater is Darhk.

It seems as if just like last season, the EPs think the villain of the season is a great deal more interesting than I think he is.

I'm not saying it's for sure, it's just that that was my first thought when they announced he would be appearing on The Flash and LoT.

I just don't see a future on this show for her the way they're going.She's never getting her own team or villain,there's no room for that on this show.

One thing you can be sure of is that even though logically she might be expendable, the producers love her just way too much to ever get rid of her. They'd sooner force the storyline down your throat before they'd get rid of her. And if it takes them 10 years, they will relentlessly try to get you to love her. 

• Love 1

Lyla resigned because she didn't like Waller's ethics anymore.

But I really like Lyla. She doesn't have many scenes but she always makes them count and I find her believable when she's kicking ass. I also really like her similarities with Oliver (last season they basically repeated the exact thing Waller had told them previously, verbatim) which I think should be explored. It's why it didn't surprise me that she's already forgiven Oliver for what he did. I think they're very alike actually.

Also I want O/F and D/L dinner scene just because. Diggle and Lyla totally should have been the friends that Oliver cooks brunch for. Hehe. :)

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

From the NYCC sizzle reel and the BTS photos, I'm expecting lots of "It's a bird! It's a crane! It's BC!!!" moments in 4A. Several people have pointed out that BC is more popular than LL, and I think the the writers realized that, so we're going to get all BC, all the time. I can't muster enough caring to be annoyed; I'm just resigned.

• Love 4

One thing you can be sure of is that even though logically she might be expendable, the producers love her just way too much to ever get rid of her. They'd sooner force the storyline down your throat before they'd get rid of her. And if it takes them 10 years, they will relentlessly try to get you to love her.

But I don't think they love her.I thought so when they killed off Sara but the way they rushed her BC arc to be done by the middle of the season and then sidelined her and treated her as an afterthought doesn't seem like something you do to a character you care about.I mean Thea got a better developed and better paced arc to a mask then Laurel.

Now they are bringing Sara back without a care that it erases Laurel's motivation to suit and making her look insane by digging Sara up.It also brings back all the comparing of the two even more since the more popular Canary is back.

They haven't been promoting her at all during the hiatus and aren't giving her a storyline beyond Sara.Whatever it is I don't think its them loving the character that's keeping her on the show.

• Love 3

Also I want O/F and D/L dinner scene just because. Diggle and Lyla totally should have been the friends that Oliver cooks brunch for. Hehe. :)

Luckily, they go to Dig and Lyla's when Donna comes to visit. And I just realized that's the same episode where their scene with Curtis is from. They're even in the same outfits so Oliver probably comes to pick Felicity up for dinner.

• Love 1

Luckily, they go to Dig and Lyla's when Donna comes to visit. And I just realized that's the same episode where their scene with Curtis is from. They're even in the same outfits so Oliver probably comes to pick Felicity up for dinner.

Of course! I'd forgotten about that. Yasssss! I need it. I need the moments of them behind the mask. If I don't care about the character under the mask, IDGAF about them when they're wearing it. So give me family dinner scenes please! That's what was missing last season so I'm glad they seem to be rectifying that. 

• Love 4

I think the writers love BC, not LL. I can't tell on the amount of BC based off of the BTS pictures. She and PB are the only ones who reguarly post. For all we know, she just sits around taking mask selfies instead of filming. That and I think she may have a mask at home.

The sizzle reel was shown at a LOT panel so it seemed to highlight the main players there: SARA and little bitty Ray.

I don't want DD to be the floater.

• Love 2

If they don't do an O/F & D/L dinner I will be VERY upset. VERY. 

I NEED IT!

Can you picture it though? Things are still a bit awkward between Oliver and Digg and Lyla and Felicity are trying to alleviate the tension and Felicity probably puts her foot in it somehow and then there's cute baby Sara just looking at them like whaaaat. Haha. GIMMIE.

• Love 3

I NEED IT!

Can you picture it though? Things are still a bit awkward between Oliver and Digg and Lyla and Felicity are trying to alleviate the tension and Felicity probably puts her foot in it somehow and then there's cute baby Sara just looking at them like whaaaat. Haha. GIMMIE.

RIGHT?! And they can smoothly put in there that O/F are godparents to Sara :')

• Love 2

Sara at one end and Donna at the other.

Donna is happy because she found the ring so she keeps dropping grandbaby hints. .... And she starts talking about all the 'practice' Oliver and Felicity get because the padded headboard got damaged in the move.

Diggle is appalled. Lyla is amused.

• Love 3

Sara at one end and Donna at the other.

Donna is happy because she found the ring so she keeps dropping grandbaby hints. .... And she starts talking about all the 'practice' Oliver and Felicity get because the padded headboard got damaged in the move.

Diggle is appalled. Lyla is amused.

Ahaha. I had Oliver bringing an elaborate dessert as being the reason for Dig being freaked out (who are you at all?!), but this works too.
  • Love 2

But I don't think they love her.I thought so when they killed off Sara but the way they rushed her BC arc to be done by the middle of the season and then sidelined her and treated her as an afterthought doesn't seem like something you do to a character you care about.I mean Thea got a better developed and better paced arc to a mask then Laurel.

Now they are bringing Sara back without a care that it erases Laurel's motivation to suit and making her look insane by digging Sara up.It also brings back all the comparing of the two even more since the more popular Canary is back.

They haven't been promoting her at all during the hiatus and aren't giving her a storyline beyond Sara.Whatever it is I don't think its them loving the character that's keeping her on the show.

I used to think they loved her, but after last season I'm not sure. Now for all of your reasons & others I think they are just stuck with her. Which is why I feel like she is more likely to die than Lance, because at least he has a unique role on the show & team. She's hired help & expendable no matter what they want to call the new team. I don't want to get into another who's gonna die conversation. I just think they have an organic & heroic way out for her just like Roy last year. The network wanted CH so they kept him as long as they needed and then let him go at first chance. I see them more likely to take that chance with LL while they have it, rather than pass it up.

Perhaps if they needed her for LoT it might be different, but that show does not seem to be biting at the bits to get her. BC is supposed to be a super fighter, not a sidekick or random team member. She should have her own team, but they can't do that on ARROW - which means that we get a season of freeze shots about how cool she is, while the stories and the characters seem to keep her in the periphery per usual. They even have given everybody else a new play pal this season that not even her friendships, family or work relationships seem all that important to the writers.

I NEED IT!

Baby Sara is gonna out act that entire Dinner Scene. I can't wait!! She is really an underutilized associate of Team Arrow. Although the adorableness of that dinner scene between Donna & Lil Sara will probably break my TV screen.

I originally accidentally posted this in the Spoilers Only thread

I have literally never read that theory about Rip Hunter.  I thought it was always obvious that he'd still be hanging around Starling (hey, Ray would be the last one to know they changed the name)  This is why no one should claim the "majority" about anything.

Never heard that theory about Rip Hunter. But that video of RP does not look good for RP. He definitely seems like he is in distress. Perhaps he is on some secret mission or something. He's either been kidnapped or he is in some serious predicament.

I don't feel even a tiny bit bad for the writers, because they have done nothing but screw her up.  I mean, I don't think Katie Cassidy is the best actress in the world, and someone like Candice Patton could probably have done a lot better at portraying warmth even with shite writing, but seriously, SHITE WRITING.  The writing choices they make for her are unbelievably bad and dumb.  Even the thing with the kid, why not have her do something more than help him stand up?  I mean GEEZ.  Have her swoop by on a cable or something more impressive than helping a little kid stand up.  Make her sister the first Canary since they are all about proto-characters, but don't make her such a major character before killing her off.  Basically every time they had to make a writing choice for her, from the pilot on, they made the wrong choice...usually staggeringly wrong.  I just do not understand why they do it and why they don't just cut her loose.

That being said, I will eat my hat if they kill her off.  

• Love 7

I feel bad for them in the sense that I think they are stuck with her for contractual obligations or whatever connections KC has at CW.It was a network push like Colton Haynes was and it backfired horribly.They did everything they can to reduce her role while she's still second billed,replaced her as LI and gave most of her BC story to Sara,that tells me they don't want her but are stuck with her still.But yeah the writing has been bad and they are to blame as much as the acting.It really seems like they have no idea how to write for her.The excuse was that she didn't know Oliver's secret or that she's not BC yet but IMO they didn't improve at all once those things happened.The BC arc was the worst for me,I think I'd rather take Laurel throwing glasses at people lol.At least she was away from Diggle and Felicity.

I think either Quentin or Laurel will be killed off this season.Since SDCC I had the feeling something was up with how Laurel got no promotion and the whole hiatus no new storyline have been promoted.I mean they just made her BC but have nothing for her to do other than fight scenes and bringing back the sister whose identity she stole.

I don't think its spoilers or that if Quentin dies that will give Laurel a storyline they just can't talk about yet.I really think they have nothing planed for her.I could be wrong of course but I think there's a chance they either kill her off or write her out this year.

• Love 3

The writers really screwed up in disconnecting her from Oliver in every way possible. They could've nixed them as lovers but she should've always been one of the few people who could get through to him and actually know him better on a personal level. Thankfully the Flash writers learned from Arrows mistakes with Barry/Iris.  Now they just need to find a way to properly integrate her role and knowledge as a lawyer into the team. The same way that all the scoobies helped Buffy, they could easily find a way to the same for adding Laurel. 

I honestly thing the reason why she got no promotion is because her SL is tied to resurrecting SL which is a storyline that's being kept hushed. IDK about after the resurrection, but I'm sure we'll be getting plenty LL in the next few episodes *rolls eyes*

• Love 2

So I see The Flash is still hating on Oliver then. WTF show?

(Sorry, I just realized probably shouldn't talk about that here but I thought a subject change was necessary. We need some new spoilers! We're talking in circles!)

• Love 1

Speculation... You think the thing that's near and dear to Darhk is his wife (because he's married? He has a ring on)... Or is he... wait for it... Papa Smoak??? Dun DUN DUNNNNNNNN: 

Oh, I'm not trying to humanize everything. In fact, even at a point coming up where Green Arrow finds out there's something that's very special to me in my life and I just snap, and then I snap him like an old G.I. Joe doll, and I just beat him -- it's going to be an awesome scene. And then he tells me something and I realize -- it's the only time you see Damien Darhk pause and have a heart. You'll see why, but it's great because every villain can't be just dark; there has to be some reason why he is who he is. Like I was saying with Marc, we're going to go back and figure out why 122 years ago, how the became this guy and has not aged in 122 years.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/10/arrow-villain-neal-mcdonough-on-damien-darhk-his-relationship-wi/

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

But we know a lot about Sara's resurrection.Its not that much of a secret,they're not really using it as anything important to the main storyline on Arrow.It's a way to get their spinoff like Ray Palmer was last season,only lets hope its better written.Quentin's storyline and Digg's HIVE storyline were being kept secret during promotion,IMO Sara not so much.

Yeah I'm sure we'll get more Laurel scenes but she's away from OTA in episode 3 so I'm gold with that.

So I see The Flash is still hating on Oliver then. WTF show?

(Sorry, I just realized probably shouldn't talk about that here but I thought a subject change was necessary. We need some new spoilers! We're talking in circles!)

Yeah even I thought that was weird.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Speculation... You think the thing that's near and dear to Darhk is his wife (because he's married? He has a ring on)... Or is he... wait for it... Papa Smoak??? Dun DUN DUNNNNNNNN: 

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/10/arrow-villain-neal-mcdonough-on-damien-darhk-his-relationship-wi/

LOL flashbacks to that leaked audition tape. If DD is really Felicity's father I would be shocked. 

No one can convince me that Laurel's lack of promo and zero set-up don't mean something. Nope. Hope springs eternal. 

I have also had wine. It makes me an optimist. 

• Love 8

I'm so torn on the idea of DD being Felicity's dad. I don't think he is either. And I really didn't want another super evil dad storyline. If he was appearing at all this season, like they teased at first, I would have preferred he was caught up in H.I.V.E. but not evil evil.

And I actually can't imagine DD taking a pause for 8 years in Las Vegas to hook up with a waitress and be a father. If it was 122 years ago, before he became what he is today, I could understand. That parallels Ra's in a way. But in the late 80s? Doesn't fit to me.

But then I also want Felicity to get a story that's about her and not about saving Ray Palmer ugh, although there's also the chance her storyline would become all about DD. I'M SO CONFLICTED. HALP.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4

Don't want to get my hopes up but some stuff about DD have been making that look more likely.Like this interview and NM also said he was different in the flashback and didn't have an agenda like now.Also Felicity is the only one of the team not to see his face in the first episode.If she doesn't for a few more episodes then he really could be her dad.

• Love 1

To the casual viewer it can be surprising because they don't KNOW that the EPs have been talking about Felicity's father making an entrance in S4...

In the end I'm not looking for shock/surprises. I'm looking for a good and compelling story regardless of whether or not I can see it from a mile away. I've had my fill of 'game changers' and 'shocks' in S3. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 10

You'll see why, but it's great because every villain can't be just dark; there has to be some reason why he is who he is. Like I was saying with Marc, we're going to go back and figure out why 122 years ago, how the became this guy and has not aged in 122 years.

This seems like whatever happened to humanize him happened 122 years ago, meaning he couldn't be Felicity's dad. 

I'm just going to keep hoping that's what it is because, no. Do not want.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

I think the issues with the writers is that they're trying to change the team to accomodate the new people instead of just showing the new people and the old team growing together into a newer, larger one without compromising the old team and how they worked.

Does that sort of make sense?

Makes perfect sense. It's actually what I hope to see this season but I won't hold my breath. Just praying for more Oliver/Felicity/Digg moments.

• Love 3