Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

CEO Felicity. Here for it.

"Just Flirting." Oh Oliver. Reassuring her with self-deprecating humor. Growth.

So we aren't getting Felicity's reaction to Ray's death? Okay. lol

You know, I always figured that Felicity would find out about the CEO spot when they got back to SC. Never thought it would happen off screen but it actually makes sense.

Of course it begs the question, if they knew why she they settled in another town and not back in SC already? I know the clip said the board was questioning her ability and that the company was flirting with bankruptcy but, you'd think she'd be back in town fighting for it...assuming she wanted it

Edited by Morrigan2575

It suggests that even though she's ready to go back and  has the perfect excuse, she's not going to do it until Oliver wants to.

They're being written perfectly as a relationship. How long can this last?

• Love 12

It suggests that even though she's ready to go back and  has the perfect excuse, she's not going to do it until Oliver wants to.

They're being written perfectly as a relationship. How long can this last?

Whale noises. 

• Love 8

She didn't say anything bad or worrisome. I'm sure this particular quote will fuel more talk of Felicity being Oliver's Gwen Stacy, O/F breaking up to make room for O/L, and the same thing that's been rehashed over and over again for over a year. At least we'll have something new to talk about in a couple of days (or less, since we'll probably get a clip or two).

I seriously love how fans think this show can kill of one popular character. I mean it couldn't even kill Malcolm or Sara, I can't imagine them killing Felicity. lol

• Love 9

I also hope this will shush the people who wants her to offer the company back to Oliver. 

Well she did sorta offer it back to him in that clip, and he passed. Not only did he pass, he complimented her and was supportive. That's some big growth. I'm excited for how they play this dynamic moving forward. I don't see them ever having OQ come in on his white CEO horse to rescue her, I think its pretty established that he is not CEO material. But I do wonder if in a season or two they will have PT crash & burn, OQ finish being mayor, and O/F open a Queen Company together as a joint venture - perhaps that will be season 5's company.

On another note, I want to know who OQ's tattoo removal artist is. I have never heard of a tattoo being that clearly removed with no remnants of the tattoo in 5 months time. But hey, I guess I can suspend reality - it wasn't a professionally drawn tattoo in the first place.

• Love 2

She offered the company back as an early Christmas gift. Christmas is mid-season. MamaSmoak comes back mid-season. Palmer Tech becomes Queen Inc. at some point. Fore-shadowing? That's crazy...

• Love 3

After watching that facebook video with EBR... they are so beautiful together (and I'm not talking about looks) that if these producers/writers ruin their relationship later this season, then I am seriously done with this show.

What I also like about that bed scene is that they've given EBR a very natural face, like she's not wearing any makeup - which is more realistic than what I've seen on other shows where the female character wakes up in the morning with full makeup on.  (I also remember the Castle episode where Kate recovers consciousness in her hospital bed after being shot in the chest, and she's clearly wearing lipstick and mascara).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

On another note, I want to know who OQ's tattoo removal artist is. I have never heard of a tattoo being that clearly removed with no remnants of the tattoo in 5 months time. But hey, I guess I can suspend reality - it wasn't a professionally drawn tattoo in the first place.

I had the same thought. I suppose I can fanwank that the original tat was only under the first or second layer of skin. Slade wasn't a pro, so... I'm sure the Makeup Dept is glad for one less application they have to keep track of.

She offered the company back as an early Christmas gift. Christmas is mid-season. MamaSmoak comes back mid-season. Palmer Tech becomes Queen Inc. at some point. Fore-shadowing? That's crazy...

Just in time for the 100 episode wedding. :D  Make it so. 

• Love 7

I hope they say that the board won't let Felicity run the company yet because otherwise the complaints will come about what a terrible CEO she is that she won't even return to Star(ling) City for the company but will let it go bankrupt instead.

• Love 1

I saw the flailing on Twitter and I have to say, this fandom is actually getting better, LOL! That was rather mild flailing. The kids are growing up ;) Look, I'm not gonna try and convince anybody that Olicity is endgame -- because there are so many factors involved. But the way these writers are writing and presenting Oliver and Felicity as a couple? Damn, they are having so much fun. They are positively enjoying Oliver and Felicity as a couple, I think. Are they gonna throw angst in there? Of course! This is TV. But I will never ever worry about a return to L/O. That's a pairing they couldn't get away from fast enough that by 9th ep of the 1st season, they've revised the show pretty much. Why would they go back to something they know has failed utterly?!? 

That new clip is all kinds of sexy and sweet and adorable and man do EBR and SA really sell Oliver/Felicity as a couple. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I hope they say that the board won't let Felicity run the company yet because otherwise the complaints will come about what a terrible CEO she is that she won't even return to Star(ling) City for the company but will let it go bankrupt instead.

I thought she said that in this clip? She said she was having a video conference with the board and that still question if she's fit enough to take over Plamer's legacy.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Personally, I love that she is having problems running the company. She can't run it properly from a distance, especially as a newbie to the position. It's would be more realistic if she is running into issues. Frankly, I want her to have to prove to the company that this is something she can do. I think that's a great way to introduce Curtis. Have Felicity be looking for solutions and new projects.

• Love 2

It makes sense that she can't run it from a distance but I don't want her to be bashed because she's staying with Oliver till he's ready to go back rather than returning to save the company.

I thought she said that in this clip? She said she was having another video conference with the board and that they don't think she's qualified to take over Plamer's legacy.

When Oliver said that she was doing a better job than him, she said that it was "flirting with bankruptcy" and Oliver replied "Exactly. it's just flirting.". That gave me the impression that she was running it already.

It makes sense that she can't run it from a distance but I don't want her to be bashed because she's staying with Oliver till he's ready to go back rather than returning to save the company.

When Oliver said that she was doing a better job than him, she said that it was "flirting with bankruptcy" and Oliver replied "Exactly. it's just flirting.". That gave me the impression that she was running it already.

If that's the case then I'm kind of bitter. I thought she was locked out of the position by the board and that the company was flirting with bankruptcy because of Ray's death and the lack of clear direction/leadership since the board has her locked out
  • Love 1

I have to say that clip is everything I wanted for them as a couple. Flirty and loving and in tune with each other. So many smiles. So much happiness. They're perfect! How anyone could not want Oliver to be that happy is beyond me. Just look at his damn face. HEART EYES.

• Love 16

If that's the case then I'm kind of bitter. I thought she was locked out of the position by the board and that the company was flirting with bankruptcy because of Ray's death and the lack of clear direction/leadership since the board has her locked out

I don't think that is what is happening, but I much prefer that. 

Oliver said "I think you're doing a better job of running it than I was."

(Sorry to be the downer.  It's that scientific training, think of worst case scenarios and try to rule them out.)

Edited by statsgirl

What Wonderwall said, because I was just about to post the exact same thing..

I have to say this video just made me so happy and giddy, and it made me forget for a few minutes all of last week; I've been having a rough emotional week dealing with some horrific-upsetting news from my home country, nothing personal or to anyone I know but.. you know how sometimes something happens and it pushes all your buttons and pisses you off leaving you so emotionally exhausted even though it didn't even happened to you? so yea that has been my week (i'll elaborate if anyone wants to) and it worked in to lovely with the Planned Parenthood/women reproductive rights that has been going on lately, and than the latest mass shooting. I don't know which country is becoming more crazy, my home country or the US. :-/

Anyway. Yay CEO Felicity!!. Yay happy Olicity!!

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

Just from a business aspect, if the board hadn't approved of her becoming CEO, then there is absolutely no way she's already running the company. With something big like Palmer Tech, the shareholders and the board are king. Perhaps she's working with the other VPs as a temporary measure? Until they decide for sure what to do?

• Love 2

Just from a business aspect, if the board hadn't approved of her becoming CEO, then there is absolutely no way she's already running the company. With something big like Palmer Tech, the shareholders and the board are king. Perhaps she's working with the other VPs as a temporary measure? Until they decide for sure what to do?

Maybe that's why she's staying away. Becuase she hasn't been approved yet and is waiting to get that approval before maybe trying to convince Oliver to go back?

• Love 1

Season 3? What season 3? Not two minutes of footage and I have already forgiven the writers about the non-writing for O/F last year.

I'm so weak -but so vindicated because this proves to me that it was only the writing, not the characters, not the pairing.

Damn you, E.Bett Rickards and S.Amell and whoever in the writers' room had the great idea to write those two as they should be.

(Forgiven, not forgotten.And just for Oliver/Felicity, my other beefs are alive and kicking, literally.)

Now if I could get some promo like this for my Diggle, and for Thea maybe...

• Love 10

Maybe that's why she's staying away. Becuase she hasn't been approved yet and is waiting to get that approval before maybe trying to convince Oliver to go back?

This would be my assumption. Continue to do her respective VP duties from afar, letting the board come to their decision, all while sexing up Oliver in their cute little house
  • Love 1

This would be my assumption. Continue to do her respective VP duties from afar, letting the board come to their decision, all while sexing up Oliver in their cute little house

She's having her cake and eating it too :p 

You go Felicity

If their depiction of how a business operates runs along the same line as their depiction of how practicing law works, Felicity may have been named Crown Princess of Parker Industries in Waiting while the board figures things out. 

• Love 6

I finally got a chance to watch the clip (as I was over at my parent's house having dinner and didn't think it good form to whip out my phone for a TV clip mid-convo). What's so funny is that I expected it to be all schmoopy and pillow talk-y from the response I was seeing in the comments but it wasn't that at all--it was about Felicity as CEO of PT. Talk about being as unoffensive an Olicity clip as you could possibly get, so I'm not exactly sure why some were bitching about it being driven by fan fiction.

• Love 3

I think its really unclear from the clip what the deal with her role at PT is. So I'm gonna enjoy the cuteness and wait for the ep. We don't actually even know how far away their suburbia is so maybe she was able to drive in from time to time.

That being said, I'm enjoying my idea more and more of having PT not do well and the F&O open an entirely new company as the Queens in s4b/s5. All the boring paperwork & start up stuff can be done over the hiatus.

• Love 2

If their depiction of how a business operates runs along the same line as their depiction of how practicing law works, Felicity may have been named Crown Princess of Parker Industries in Waiting while the board figures things out.

I laughed out loud when I read this. You are 110% correct, their depiction of several things have been waaaaaay off base.

• Love 4

Laurel Brown is answering questions. 

I don't want to read, but I do.

Mostly about how hot the Olicity interactions are :p 

Apparently there's one that ranks 11/10. And point of reference, she ranks Nanda Parbat a 9/10

Given their history of dealing with Business affairs, like Oliver signing his company away on a legal pad...I really don't expect any actual knowledge or storytelling.

The important thing (for them) is setting up a struggling Felicity and probably echoing the S2 story where Oliver struggled to balance being a Vigilante and CEO.

• Love 4

To me it sounds like Felicity is not yet the CEO because the board don't think she's fit to do it, or are undecided so far. So as a result the company is 'flirting with bankruptcy' because there's no definite CEO which I'm assuming causes stocks to drop or whatever? I actually have no clue how business works tbh. Haha. But I don't think she's running the company yet.

Edited by Angel12d

I'm confident that we are going to get struggles right off the bat. The comments here about financial trouble and the description for 4x02 mention CEO Felicity seeking help from Curtis. Based off of EBR's comments, I think she is going to have some success too. I just don't want the company to have turned around by mid-season. I want it to be a season long struggle. 

• Love 2

So technically, yes, if they were doing this close to real life, then the stock prices would have plummeted when Ray "died" and the company would be struggling financially. But seeing as how they like to flirt with semi truths and ass-backward actual business practices, who knows?

• Love 1

To me it sounds like Felicity is not yet the CEO because the board don't think she's fit to do it, or are undecided so far. So as a result the company is 'flirting with bankruptcy' because there's no definite CEO which I'm assuming causes stocks to drop or whatever? I actually have no clue how business works tbh.

Apparently neither do the writers. Remember how Isabel dropped the stocks and then raised them again and that made her glorified as a CEO?