Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Bringing Andy back to to Kill him is a repeat of Sara and I really don't want to repeat that. 

I too love that Stephan is part Fanboy/shipper (so he gets the comic fans and the romance fans), over all storyteller (so gets the need for plot but also the affects on the characters) and that he is really attuned with his character. He is really the perfect TV action star. Imo.

• Love 1

How could they not have figured out bare arms would be a problem? 

Oliver's woe-is-me pic had BETTER NOT be emblematic of the season.

For whatever reason, I buy WH as a budding superhero.  I really can't figure out why; she probably weighs 90 lbs.  But I still buy it, and I think she looks great.

• Love 7

How could they not have figured out bare arms would be a problem? 

Oliver's woe-is-me pic had BETTER NOT be emblematic of the season.

For whatever reason, I buy WH as a budding superhero.  I really can't figure out why; she probably weighs 90 lbs.  But I still buy it, and I think she looks great.

For me, it's because Willa Holland is a legit good actor.  She has taken Thea from a whiny bit of a brat, drug user to rebuilding her life, finding love and now has a mission and is a little bit cray cray.  I think she finds that "thing" that good actors have to make me believe what they are selling. 

• Love 8

Finally! Nice to see some pictures of TA 3.0 and Thea/Laurel in general. Speedy/Arsenal are probably my favorite costumes in the Arrow-verse thus far.

Though I feel like the middle of Theas costume is just begging a bad guy to slice and dice her right there. Her costume would fall apart with 1 good slice.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Not gonna lie, in one of the pictures I spent too long staring at Felicity's ass. It couldn't be helped. She looks fantastic. Haha.

Anyway, everyone looks really good. I see that Oliver goes out into the field wearing his normal clothes and just a mask like Diggle used to. Isn't that the same scene where he finds Thea about to stick a knife in some dude and he shouts "Speedy!" to stop her? I'm definitely thinking Thea's issues get discovered when they're out in the field. Looking forward to it!

Different dude [from the one in the trailer] being whammied by DD?

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/ar401b_0237b.jpg

This definitely looks like he holds some kind of power over them. I'm not sure how I feel about this? Because if he uses this 'power' (let's just say he does) on anyone in Team Arrow, then they can't be held accountable for their actions, can they? Which is just like the whole 'drugged and mind raped to kill someone' arc that Thea had last season. Eh. I don't even know anymore. Is it October yet?

I really, really, really, REALLY, don't want DD to have some sort of magic/thrall/mind control powers...that's weak IMO. You want me to be impressed with your villain make him a BAMF. Make him so badass and EVOL that even his own people piss themselves when he confronts them.

• Love 3

I blame MG for "answering", clearly the poster was simply throwing MG a compliment but MG couldn't resist the need to let everyone know that he was being complimented.

True, but I happened to enjoy the underlying message of the compliment.  Olicity=Good!

I'm in the minority with you. I'm not dying to see them dance either. I honestly don't understand why there's such a high demand for this, LOL.

Just to clarify, I'm not dying to see him dance, I would actually feel uncomfortable since we know SA would rather not.  I was more excited by the idea of what in show reason would he ever dance after saying he didn't so many times and the only reason I could think of was at his wedding and the hint that, 'hey, just keep watching' got me all excited not for the chance to see him dance but WHY we would be seeing him dance. 

uFIoC16.jpg

This is my favorite Thea pic.  Yes, the strings are too long but she looks sooo great!

• Love 3

That's because sister can project badassery and I don't think she's even trying that hard.. sort of like Maggie Q- isn't she like 100lbs herself?

Small petit people can be great martial artists, we just use our strength differently than bigger people.

and I do hope they plan on slightly redoing Speedy outfit, I did a compare with Arsenal's outfit. yea the laces are just weird.. I mean they look cool, but how does she quickly closes her outfit, does she put in on like a shirt, cause I don't see a zipper. Also I can't decide if i like or dislike the way the straps to the arrows box (seriously i'm blanking on the name of it) are on her, she has two straps under her armpits like roy did, as opposed to across the chest like Oliver- which I always found more practical cause it looks more in place than the two straps.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I've liked Willa Holland since The OC. I liked her even when I didn't like Thea. Also, to be shallow, the girl is gorgeous. Her bone structure is amazing and really works with the mask. She's also doing very well with the physicality, if that's the right word. She seems to have the movements down. In the picture of the four of them on some big piece of equipment looking down I think she looks the second most natural.

• Love 4

Not gonna lie, in one of the pictures I spent too long staring at Felicity's ass. It couldn't be helped. She looks fantastic. Haha.

Anyway, everyone looks really good. I see that Oliver goes out into the field wearing his normal clothes and just a mask like Diggle used to. Isn't that the same scene where he finds Thea about to stick a knife in some dude and he shouts "Speedy!" to stop her? I'm definitely thinking Thea's issues get discovered when they're out in the field. Looking forward to it!

LOL I find my self always looking at Felicitys ass if it's in my face in a photo. It's a really nice ass. She does look fantastic EBR hits the gym too. That's not the only dress her butt looked good in I remember her dress in season 3 premier at the beginning of the ep

• Love 1

Lol we are such an ogling lot but this cast is fine on eyes ;)

True that! As a hetero male I find Thea and especially Felicity and their portrayers sexy! And I'm comfortable in saying David and Stephen are good looking dudes

• Love 2

"There is a weird contingent on the Internet who think the first seven or eight episodes are all leading up to Legends... And what I like about this batch of episodes is that Sara's return is central to the arc for Laurel (Katie Cassidy) and Ray's return is essential to Felicity and Oliver's storyline. There is a lot of Arrow story to be told with these characters coming back."

But why.

• Love 12

If I understand this correctly.  

There's a whole bunch of fans complaining and living in fear that Felicity will get stuck on Palmer Island (I don't give a crap about Laurel being used to Prop Sara....that's just Pure Justice, IMO) and I don't get why they're complaining because we've got lots of Arrow story to tell.  However, they're right about Palmer Island and the show being used as a launching pad for LoT for the first 8 episodes but, it's still Arrow so we'll toss the Arrow fans a bone every once in awhile..  However, we're going to sacrifice Arrow on the alter of our latest spin-off.  In fact from now on Arrow...much like Duggar women...will be popping out a new spin-off yearly!  Next up Mr. Terrific then maybe we'll get Booster Gold and who knows maybe DC will change their minds and let us play with Blue Beetle so we'll toss his Origin Story in as well.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

The CW said no to anymore spin offs, but I suppose we'll have to see how LoT does and if it does well. Will they change their minds. 

I don't know how big a storyline Ray's going to get. They are filming episode 7 soon right? And he's barely been mentioned. Episode 8 is the big Crossover event so I think Ray's storyline will mostly be in that where he'll be sharing screen time with all the Legends. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I read MG's statement not as them giving Palmer a lot of screentime, but that they're TOTALLY gonna make him the shippiest O/F shipper who ever shipped, because it sure helps them with LoT promotion if O/F fans stop hating on Crazy Eyes. They tweet a lot, those darn shippers.

• Love 1

The CW said no to anymore spin offs, but I suppose we'll have to see how LoT does and if it does well. Will they change their minds. 

I don't know how big a storyline Ray's going to get. They are filming episode 7 soon right? And he's barely been mentioned. Episode 8 is the big Crossover event so I think Ray's storyline will mostly be in that where he'll be sharing screen time with all the Legends. 

They also said that in January during the TCAs and then announced LoT in February. :-)

ETA: I should point out that I actually don't hate Ray or care about "Palmer Island".  My issues are with sacrificing Felicity for the sake of a guest star/recurring character that you're hoping to use to launch a spin-off and with Arrow being turned into a spin-off making machine, sacrificing the show and many characters in an attempt to build a DCTV Empire

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

As a member of the "weird contingent", I think Ray's connection to Oliver & Felicity's storyline will just involve Felicity's taking over PT and all the tech 'toys' that can be used by TA.  However, I suppose the method by which Felicity brings him back to real human size could involve technology that could later be used by Oliver to defeat Ra's?? (grasping straws)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

They also said that in January during the TCAs and then announced LoT in February. :-)

ETA: I should point out that I actually don't hate Ray or care about "Palmer Island".  My issues are with sacrificing Felicity for the sake of a guest star/recurring character that you're hoping to use to launch a spin-off and with Arrow being turned into a spin-off making machine, sacrificing the show and many characters in an attempt to build a DCTV Empire

Weren't they already talking about an Atom spin off prior to that? I though LoT came about because no cared about that spin off and they really really wanted to do another one. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't have a clue how Ray is relevant to Oliver and Felicity's story, unless they mean him leaving Palmer Tech in her hands but that should be about Felicity, not her relationship with Oliver. Color me confused.

Edited by Guest

Weren't they already talking about an Atom spin off prior to that? I though LoT came about because no cared about that spin off and they really really wanted to do another one. 

Berlanti was pitching an ATOM show to the CW since August 2014.  In January 2015 at the TCAs reporters asked Berlanti about the ATOM spinoff and he mentioned that they were in talks.  At the same event reporters asked Mark Pedowitz about the spinoff and his answer was that The CW wasn't interested in another Arrow spinoff now and wanted time to see how Arrow/Flash performed on their own.  

In fact reporters actually called Pedowitz on it recently when he was asked about the rumored Hawkgirl/future unnamed Spinoff for next season and he said, nope we're not interested.  That's not to say that Pedowitz is 100% lying.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he's NOT interested in another spinoff and that he wasn't interested in LoT/ATOM.  I do think that someone a little higher up *caugh*WarnerBros*caugh* is putting some pressure on their netlet in order to corner the TV market before Marvel.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

They are not interested until the ratings come in. If LoT does as well or better than The Flash, I'm sure we'll see another spin off. Of course with LoT any future spin off can be spun off from them instead of on Arrow. 

• Love 1

Well, the O/L scene doesn't really add anything and he lies to her yet again so yeah, cutting it was a good decision. I think I forget just how disconnected the two of them are from each other. There's just nothing there. I continue to be baffled.

I'm glad they cut it, too. He's lying to her, and she...caught on to it? IDK, I can't tell. She must have, because otherwise she'd be more curious about Thea and why he's being so squirrely about when he's coming back? And he knows he's leaving and his parting words to her are to make things right with her dad. 

What a connection. Bless. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Well, I for one would be happy if there's no more spin-offs. I'm sick of feeling like I have to watch 2 or 3 shows just to understand what's going on. It's one of the things that pissed me off last season actually. I had to watch The Flash to learn about Felicity's feelings. No thank you.

Well, I for one would be happy if there's no more spin-offs. I'm sick of feeling like I have to watch 2 or 3 shows just to understand what's going on. It's one of the things that pissed me off last season actually. I had to watch The Flash to learn about Felicity's feelings. No thank you.

I refuse to watch anything other than Arrow. I gave Flash a try, but I got bored and just really tired of it. I'm not watching LOT because I can't stand RP. All of Felicity's scenes get uploaded to the internet anyway, so I'm not missing out on any of the characters that I care about. 

• Love 8

I refuse to watch anything other than Arrow. I gave Flash a try, but I got bored and just really tired of it. I'm not watching LOT because I can't stand RP. All of Felicity's scenes get uploaded to the internet anyway, so I'm not missing out on any of the characters that I care about. 

I think this will be me from now on, although I do kind of want to see what they do with Sara on LoT. I watched The Flash simply because I knew there would be a crossover but I'm not invested in it. I don't really care about any of the characters. They're all nice enough, I don't think there's one bad character at all, but I'm just kind of meh about it. And I don't think I should have to watch another show to get character development for an Arrow-based character. It's just messy.

I only watched the Flash last season and got what was going on, that's what YouTube is for. So you don't have to watch all three shows.

I'm only watching Arrow for Sara this season, once she's gone I'm not watching it anymore. I might check out the Flash to see if it can get better and am interested in the new characters. The only show I really want to watch is LoT. 

Edited by Sakura12

I'll be the voice of dissent.

I LIKE watching Arrow and Flash and getting more details on my favorite characters and I'm looking forward to adding LoT to my roster of shows.  I'm not as invested in the Flash characters but I can say that about most other shows I watch.  For the sake of people not willing/able/ or wanting to watch Flash, I wish they'd have expressed Felciity's feelings on Arrow, but otherwise, I have no real complaints. 

I'd be fine with more spinoffs (I'm already watching Gotham and Supergirl is pretty much a guarantee too so the more comicbook shows the better) but I think Arrow has done enough heavy lifting.  The Flash and LoT can step in to the king maker role.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

If they killed off Ray the Cane Toad I'd give LoT a try, but I just can't maintain interest in The Flash.  I like all the actors much better than their characters, with the exception of Cisco, who I love.  But it's so weirdly slow for a show about a really fast guy.  The only episode I even remember, at all, was Grodd, bc I thought the CGI was fairly good and Grodd is such a bizarre but interesting character.  But nearly every problem is solved by Barry just running faster.  It's just boring.  (Plus I hate Barry now, for endangering the solar system for his mother.)

• Love 2

I wish they'd do what they did in the cartoons, the Flash would run at the villain without thinking and they'd throw something on the floor and he'd trip over it. Maybe then he'd stop and think before acting. The cartoon Flash didn't, but cartoons aren't really known for massive character growth like tv shows are supposed to have. 

• Love 3

True, but I happened to enjoy the underlying message of the compliment.  Olicity=Good!

Just to clarify, I'm not dying to see him dance

Oh, I know, I wasn't implying that you were. Just considering, since I see that question pop up very often, that I'm not really that interested or anxious about it. :)

The CW said no to anymore spin offs, but I suppose we'll have to see how LoT does and if it does well. Will they change their minds.. 

I can't really see the CW wanting another superhero spin-offs while Pedowitz is in charge. He seems to want to keep a varied set of shows and not get pigeonholed as a certain genre network. But if LoT does well, I could see them doing more webisodes comic based shows. I don't think he wants to expand to more than 3 comic shows in one season. However, the CW seems to be going to seasons being Fall, Winter & Summer not just Sept-May, so that does increase the slots, if showrunners are willing to do 13 or so episodes instead of the traditional season. He wants to be part of the all year TV programming trend, so that does allow for some flexibility. You never know, a summer superhero show maybe something he may develop interest in.

Edited by kismet

I'm impartial to spin-offs. I do enjoy that they can be places to move the characters that I personally do not like to, away from ARROW. But mostly, I'm fatigued from the interconnectedness of all of the spin-offs. I shouldn't have to watch 3+ shows to understand the original show & characters. I do enjoy seeming some of my favs crossover, but it doesn't always work out. For example, loved FS in F c-o#1; hated how they wrote her in Fc=o#2. The writers really have to be careful with how they handle the characters when they are only visiting & not the receiving shows property.

They do run the risk of stretching themselves too thin. If they were to do more spin-offs, I would think they should minimize the crossovers of the new show. Putting it in another season like Summer might allow that to not be an issue, since the timelines would not overlap.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1