Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ugh. I didn't want that but I can see why they would want to look out for Thea. It's just weird going from living together as a couple to living with someone else.

It's also a possibility that it's not actually Thea's loft. Maybe it's just an apartment in the same building so they can be close to her. Maybe that's why it's 'familiar' because they have the same layout and then they can use the same set. Eh.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

Yeah, their vacay pics in Thea's loft imply that at least Oliver is living there again. While I'm not overly comfortable with O/F living with Oliver's little sister (I cannot imagine my horror at hearing/knowing my brother is having sex right down the hall...the ewwwwws are nearly Ray the Cane Toad levels), I'd still rather O/F live together with Thea, than just Oliver live with Thea.

Wishful thinking on mine, too, because that was the first thing I checked, haha.

Great minds...

I suppose the good thing about this is maybe we'll get some cute Thea/Oliver/Felicity scenes or even Thea/Felicity scenes which I am all about please and thanks.

• Love 4

I don't think the crazyThea storyline is going to last all that long. I think it'll be mostly fixed by Constantine. After all, she has a new, seemingly normal guy to start dating. She may have some relatively mild lingering effects, but I think it'll be mostly over pretty quickly.

I think I'd have Thea move in with Laurel. That Way Laurel can have a semi "sister" relationship with A young (though not little) girl. Laurel isn't going to get Sin but Maybe Thea could use some sistering.

• Love 2

It would be a kind of big coincidence that they just happen to be in the same frames that Oliver and Felicity had on the mantel in the house they were in over the summer, though. MG said that O&F's place would be "familiar." Seems like they are living with Thea, or at least in her apartment.

• Love 1

I wonder if Constantine will only be able to save either Thea or Sara as in heal one of them from a lifetime of crazypants. And if Laurel or Oliver would make decisions without either of their consent to undo their lives. Or a choice between death and permanent insanity.

Edited by catrox14

I wonder if Constantine will only be able to save either Thea or Sara. That would be an interesting conflict between Ollie and Laurel.

I just CAN'T ANYMORE with the "anything, ANYTHING" to save Thea. I really need her to become an independent young adult this season, and I need him to LET HER. I don't remember him being this obsessed with her in S1/S2. Fix the main cray-cray and then start acting like healthy adult siblings, PLEASE.

• Love 6

Yeah, I see nothing on IMDb about the character coming back to Arrow. But then again, this is IMDb. 

Yeah. They like announcing it when people come back to the show, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

[bUT I NEED 406 TO BE FELICITY-CENTRIC PLEASE AND THANK YOU.]

Yeah, I see nothing on IMDb about the character coming back to Arrow. But then again, this is IMDb.

IMDb is fan updated. Cooper would only be added to the list if someone with an IMDb Pro account added him. In this instance it would have to be a fan, as an actor would be kind of stupid to spoil something like that...not that it couldn't happen but, Cooper would end up dead at the end of the episode if he did.

Since we haven't gotten any info about Cooper (yet) I wouldn't go by IMDb.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I just CAN'T ANYMORE with the "anything, ANYTHING" to save Thea. I really need her to become an independent young adult this season, and I need him to LET HER. I don't remember him being this obsessed with her in S1/S2. Fix the main cray-cray and then start acting like healthy adult siblings, PLEASE.

Agreed! I found Oliver's obsession with Thea in S3 a bit OTT. I get that she's the only family he had left, but it became less about showing healthy concern for his sister to trying to control her life and her destiny. That might have been alright had she been a minor, but she was a grown-ass woman. It. Was. Creepy. Seeing the signs that Oliver and Felicity will be moving into her loft doesn't give me much comfort that they'll be dialing back Controlling!Oliver any time soon. I realize Thea is going to be a bit cray-cray after her dip in the LP, but if she managed to handle 5 months without her big brother looming over her, she's capable of living by herself while dealing with her issues.

• Love 1

Could be Oliver and Felicity move in with Thea because she has the room, and they don't have time to look for a place. Could start out as a temporary arrangement, and then either Felicity and Oliver or Thea moves out? 

Also, is it possible that Nolan Funk lives in Vancouver, and isn't in town to shoot anything?

• Love 3

Agreed! I found Oliver's obsession with Thea in S3 a bit OTT. I get that she's the only family he had left, but it became less about showing healthy concern for his sister to trying to control her life and her destiny. That might have been alright had she been a minor, but she was a grown-ass woman. It. Was. Creepy. Seeing the signs that Oliver and Felicity will be moving into her loft doesn't give me much comfort that they'll be dialing back Controlling!Oliver any time soon. I realize Thea is going to be a bit cray-cray after her dip in the LP, but if she managed to handle 5 months without her big brother looming over her, she's capable of living by herself while dealing with her issues.

With MG and WM saying Olicity will have their ups and downs as a couple I can see Oliver's overprotectiveness being an issue. I can see Felicity telling him "I love you but you have got to let Thea live her life she's a grown woman and she doesn't need Big Bro hovering over her." I also See Felicity expressing to him desire for them to get their own place once Thea's Cray Cray from LP is taken care of

• Love 1

I edited my post AyChihuahua...just for the record.

I hope you don't think my unhappiness was aimed at you. I am just so tired of, and made somewhat uncomfortable by, Oliver's obsession with Thea. She was mostly fine taking care of herself/developing relationships with Sin and Roy in S2, and I really preferred that. A 30-year-old man living with his girlfriend and his 20/21-year-old sister is...odd. Not unprecedented, and this is not a typical situation because of LP after-effects, but I really think/hope that story will be mostly wrapped up and then I need them to get their own place. No more "Ha ha, my adult sibling did/could catch me having sex on the sofa, HILARIOUS." He has a love interest, and she's going to get a love interest, so they need to move past their S3 relationship. Or rather, I need them to move past it.

That might have been alright had she been a minor, but she was a grown-ass woman. It. Was. Creepy. Seeing the signs that Oliver and Felicity will be moving into her loft doesn't give me much comfort that they'll be dialing back Controlling!Oliver any time soon. I realize Thea is going to be a bit cray-cray after her dip in the LP, but if she managed to handle 5 months without her big brother looming over her, she's capable of living by herself while dealing with her issues.

Seriously! The last time I raised this some people who are close to their siblings IRL got upset, thinking I was saying close siblings are creepy. I am not saying that. I am not saying Oliver and Thea secretly want to bang, and I am certainly not saying close siblings IRL secretly want to bang. I'm saying that Thea grew up a lot in S2, made an utterly horrible decision at the end of S2 that has had awful repercussions from which Oliver has spent 99% of his emotional capital protecting her, and I'm TIRED OF IT. She ran a successful club in S2, which is really a very big deal (there's marketing, managing employees, keeping accounts, purchasing, keeping up with all kinds of tax issues, etc.) and she excelled at it. Then suddenly in S3 Oliver basically wouldn't let her tie her own shoes without opining/undermining/fixing her choices. She is NOT HIS DAUGHTER, she is his adult sibling, and he needs to back up off her and let her make her own decisions and deal with the repercussions of those decisions, even the bad repercussions. She spent so much of her life being protected from every bad choice she made, and he's still doing it. I mean jeez, no wonder she's so screwed up.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I don't think it's that odd for Oliver and Felicity to crash at Thea's place. It seems like Laurel makes them come back quickly and they'll need a place to stay while they look for a place. Thea's place is really their best option. Diggle and Lyla probably don't have the room and they have a baby, and staying at Laurel's would be mega awkward. So Thea's make sense as long as it's not permanent. I guess they could stay at hotel, but I think I would take my sister and her boyfriend in if they needed a place to stay while they look for an apartment or something. 

• Love 6

I will guess that it won't be something where only one can be fixed. Sara has to be more or less fixed because she's going to be a "Legend of Tomorrow" (still say it's a dumb name) and Thea can't remain permanently crazy.

I don't think it's that odd for Oliver and Felicity to crash at Thea's place. It seems like Laurel makes them come back quickly and they'll need a place to stay while they look for a place. Thea's place is really their best option. Diggle and Lyla probably don't have the room and they have a baby, and staying at Laurel's would be mega awkward. So Thea's make sense as long as it's not permanent. I guess they could stay at hotel, but I think I would take my sister and her boyfriend in if they needed a place to stay while they look for an apartment or something.

I have no problem with them crashing with her. I mean hey, it's a sweet pad. I have no major problem with them staying with her until she's sane again. I don't want them living with her permanently, or just generally him putting everything aside to "save" her. The problem is, the way this show is, they're unlikely to be willing to shell out for a new set for O/F to live together, so once they're there, it's probably for the season...which I will hate. I want to see cute O/F/T interactions too, which can be done without them all living together like some weird version of Three's Company. Or rather, even weirder version of Three's Company.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

I like the idea that Oliver and Felicity crash temporarily at Thea's place when they first get back, but then why would their vacation pix put out in Thea's apartment?  That's kind of rude if they're just there temporarily.  Still, I like that better than the idea that Oliver and Felicity move in full time with Thea because it's not Europe and there seems to be plenty of apartment space available in Starling City.

The more i hear about Laurel/BC, the less I get enthused about the coming season. After 3 years, they still haven't managed to find a way to make me want to see her scenes, and the idea that she's now going to be co-leading the Team because everyone is equal makes me heart sink

It's going to be even worse if they get kill off Nyssa, one of the two people who made Laurel tolerable.  (The other was Tommy. I still don't like her scenes with Quentin.)  On the other, if Nyssa does become the new Ra's (can a woman be Ra's?), it will free up MM to be a regular or the floater.  After season 3, I've had it with the LoA.

I also feel like SA has a little bit of say now and he would use all his pull to kill any move towards O/L.

I thought it was interesting that they gave him a script before the shooting script and he made suggestions for all the characters, not just his own, that were incorporated..  That does suggest that he has some say in it.  Maybe a producers credit next time around.

It's basically a leather jacket with a leather (maybe Kevlar?) vest underneath, black cargo pants, and boots. All stuff he'd have in his closet already. Then this utterly ridiculous but also very high-tech-looking helmet. It does not go together. I mean, IMO the ATOM suit looks idiotic, but at least it's not like all robot-y from the neck down, coupled with a Rockets baseball cap on his head.

Considering how much of the budget they blew on the ATOM costume, maybe their trying to bargain basement now. If so, I'd prefer a motorcycle helmet, please.

• Love 3

I like the idea that Oliver and Felicity crash temporarily at Thea's place when they first get back, but then why would their vacation pix put out in Thea's apartment?  That's kind of rude if they're just there temporarily. 

It's going to be even worse if they get kill off Nyssa, one of the two people who made Laurel tolerable.  (The other was Tommy. I still don't like her scenes with Quentin.)  On the other, if Nyssa does become the new Ra's (can a woman be Ra's?), it will free up MM to be a regular or the floater.  After season 3, I've had it with the LoA.

It's so hard to figure this show out, because the writers often just ignore or fail to understand typical emotional reactions, social mores, etc. But yeah, if someone is staying with me for, say, a month max, while they look for a new place, and they put their vacay photos out in my living room, Imma be unhappy. And a little weirded out. In their bedroom, fine. But those framed photos are in the living room area, implying permanence. However, with this show, I don't know whether that means anything. I'm probably more worried about them being there permanently due to the fact that this show (preach, Quarks) is really, really cheap re sets.

Re Nyssa, we had no reason to think Nyssa couldn't become the Demon's Head. She was the known and proclaimed Heir for years. That is why the whole misogyny/homophobia thing bothered me SO MUCH. Yes, fine, he's traditional, read misogynistic and homophobic. Except where was his misogyny and homophobia for years prior to knowing Oliver Queen's name, when he was fine proclaiming Nyssa his Heir? He became conveniently misogynistic and homophobic for PLOT, which was the reason for nearly everything in S3. That is what made it offensive.

• Love 5

He looks miserable in that helmet! And they squished his face!

I joked that DR's recent ongoing back problems were because of the helmet but I'm not so sure it isn't part of the problem.  The stuff they would have him do would not be fun while wearing a helmet.  I wish the fans could reach out to him and find out if he would like to get rid of the helmet or not. The fans would rally to get it gone if he said the word.   

I will guess that it won't be something where only one can be fixed. Sara has to be more or less fixed because she's going to be a "Legend of Tomorrow" (still say it's a dumb name) and Thea can't remain permanently crazy.

I have no problem with them crashing with her. I mean hey, it's a sweet pad. I have no major problem with them staying with her until she's sane again. I don't want them living with her permanently, or just generally him putting everything aside to "save" her. The problem is, the way this show is, they're unlikely to be willing to shell out for a new set for O/F to live together, so once they're there, it's probably for the season...which I will hate. I want to see cute O/F/T interactions too, which can be done without them all living together like some weird version of Three's Company. Or rather, even weirder version of Three's Company.

I'm still hoping they move in "temporarily" and then Thea finds another place like at Verdant that we just don't need to see.  Problem solved.  If they don't do that, then I assume the sound proofing between bedrooms is stupendous. 

• Love 1

Another one with a KC quote:

https://twitter.com/porraaya/status/641436805942874112/photo/1

"She talked about the relationship with Sara, that Laurel will have to help her sister to find herself, after she comes back"

I find her so entertaining. But I'm glad she's giving up the ghost.

She's hilarity personified. I really really love it how she makes it sound like it's totally her decision that she's not the love interest anymore. METHOD ACTING! Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 9