Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm not so sure I understand what SA means when he says that if oliver treats laurel with kid gloves, it wouldn't be respectful for the character. Why? Because she is so tough and badass that can take anything?

I wanted a Ben/Leslie type of relationship for Felicity and Oliver.  I'm not at all happy with the route that the EPs have chosen for the couple this season (and part of last).  As mentioned by others, it feels like obstacle after obstacle thrown in the way to delay this from happening as long as possible.  First there was Sara, then we had "I can't be The Arrow and Oliver Queen," and now I think we're on to the Ray Palmer shipblocking portion.  Feels like neverending stall tactics, which is not enjoyable.

• Love 6

Anyone know if that YVR info about last night's shoot in the SPOILERS thread is legit or maybe just speculation? If it's legit, I guess the team's comeuppance for lying/ facilitating the lying to Lance is that he and the PD are back out to take down the Arrow?

I bet that's what happens I could see Lance arresting Roy Felicity and Laurel cause he would know they are helping Arrow does he know about Diggle?

I'm guessing Oliciters will still be mad after 318 according to MG which means she's choosing either Ray, Herself or no decision cause her love life isn't talked about

Even is her love life is talked about, we still might have no decision, just something more for her to think about. 

The thing I didn't like was the part in the question where MG said Oliciters would already be mad and that made me think something more than just her being ticked at Oliver because that actually didn't make me mad. 

Even is her love life is talked about, we still might have no decision, just something more for her to think about.

The thing I didn't like was the part in the question where MG said Oliciters would already be mad and that made me think something more than just her being ticked at Oliver because that actually didn't make me mad.

Yes I can see her love life being talked about but she makes no choice just ponders more. And I'm thinking something else will happen to make olicters mad. Probably Oliver doing something else dumb or Raylicity sex(GAG)

The thing I didn't like was the part in the question where MG said Oliciters would already be mad and that made me think something more than just her being ticked at Oliver because that actually didn't make me mad. 

She's going to be dating and/or sleeping with Ray at that point; I guess that's supposed to be the angrymaking part.

I'm speculating that when Quentin finds out about Sara's death, instead of blaming his daughter Laurel, he blames Oliver (who he knows is the Arrow) - so it's back to the vengeful Quentin of season 1 - yeah, makes total sense! (sarcasm)

• Love 6

I wanted a Ben/Leslie type of relationship for Felicity and Oliver. .

What was Ben and Leslie relationship like. Don't watch Park and Rec. 

As person who doesn't really ship that much Olicity I agree I don't like all this obstacles and angst and stuff lol. I would like it better if ther relationship was more light hearted since the show is pretty dark already. But I guess that could get boring lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, based on MG's latest tumblr response, if I ever was harboring any niggling hopes that they might keep Felicity and Palmer more on the friendly side or a sort of mentor/mentee relationship, I guess that might be gone now. Looks like the show is definitely heading down the romance path with them.

And, with those comments a while back that there will be sexy times and we'll see Felicity's shoulder scar again, I better start preparing myself for Lunge 2.0 for actual serious now. Ugh. I just hope Felicity doesn't get too badly maligned by some people when it happens. But if turning off the foundry lights and actually being in the right against Oliver about teaming with Malcolm already led to vitriol, I can only guess at how much damage a Felicity and Palmer lunge would cause.

• Love 7

What was Ben and Leslie relationship like. Don't watch Park and Rec. 

As person who doesn't really ship that much Olicity I agree I don't like all this obstacles and angst and stuff lol. I would like it better if ther relationship was more light hearted since the show is pretty dark already. But I guess that could get boring lol. 

I'll take my response to the Small Talk thread so I don't get in trouble :)

I'm speculating that when Quentin finds out about Sara's death, instead of blaming his daughter Laurel, he blames Oliver (who he knows is the Arrow) - so it's back to the vengeful Quentin of season 1 - yeah, makes total sense! (sarcasm)

I get that though. There is mutual respect between the two and they have a partnership of sorts. Quentin is going to find out his daughter died and the Arrow knew that, and nothing was said to him. It would feel like a betrayal.

• Love 1

Since the spoiler states that the cops are trying to arrest Oliver Queen, maybe the game changer is that Oliver is outed as the Arrow, not just to Lance (because come on, he totally already knows), but to the remaining handful of Starling citizens who haven't already figured it out. Oliver will finally want to live as Oliver Queen when he can't be Oliver anymore and can only live underground as the Arrow. 

• Love 2

There will come a day when he will have succeeded to alienate the people who do like Oliver and Felicity and not just as a couple but as individuals. I don't want to be mad all the time. It is exhausting and frankly being mad doesn't get me excited. Furthermore, I do feel as though he is jerking people around all the time where that relationship is concerned. 

As far as Ray/Felicity relationship/sex goes: I don't have it in me to be mad about that development anymore. I resigned myself to the fact that it will happen and it will be contrived and stupid and will further add to my general feeling of "Ugghh". I don't have a tumblr account but I wish someone would ask MG if people who like Oliver and Felicity will ever have a reason again to be anything else but mad this season. Because I feel like that was their main goal this season. Making people mad and being happy about it.

• Love 3

But why would they want to arrest him now?  He's not breaking the law these days.

I get that though. There is mutual respect between the two and they have a partnership of sorts. Quentin is going to find out his daughter died and the Arrow knew that, and nothing was said to him. It would feel like a betrayal.

If he's going to forgive Laurel for not telling him (and we know he will), and she saw Sara die and lied to him for months, how can he hold it against Oliver?

He thought Olicity shippers would be mad about the end of the last episode and they weren't. He didn't think people would be mad at Laurel not telling Lance and they are. I'm hoping he's misreading this. But he means that Felicity is sleeping with Ray, then he's not wrong.

I better start preparing myself for Lunge 2.0 for actual serious now. Ugh. I just hope Felicity doesn't get too badly maligned by some people when it happens. But if turning off the foundry lights and actually being in the right against Oliver about teaming with Malcolm already led to vitriol, I can only guess at how much damage a Felicity and Palmer lunge would cause.

Exactly   There was a lot of anger and Oliver/Sara lunge and at that point Oliver hadn't said he loved Felicity as he has now, or Felicity dreaming those dreams about him. And they didn't want to have Sara in her own spin-off. 

It makes no sense to get the audience angry at Felicity and Ray when they want viewers to like him enough for his own show.  Hopefully one of the three EPs has some sense.

• Love 1

I'm stuck in that Groundhog's Day movie. Didn't we have to go through this exact same storyline last year but with Laurel being the one that wrongly blamed the Arrow for the death of a loved one that Oliver couldn't save.

That was such a great storyline the writers decide we needed another round of this.

This is the huge payoff we get for having to watch Laurel lie to Quentin for 7 months about his daughters death. I feel rewarded.

• Love 6

But why would they want to arrest him now? He's not breaking the law these days.

Yes he is. Vigilantism is illegal, Lance just called off the task force (unless I'm not remembering correctly). Although why he'd want to arrest Oliver even if he is angry is beyond me. The Arrow did as much work as at least half the SCPD, but sure. Shoot yourself in the foot, dude. Edited by apinknightmare
We certainly created a love triangle this year by intentionally introducing Ray

Yes, you did MG. And it shows how badly contrived it is and everything about it is predictable and cliché. Seriously that man needs to stop drinking his own Kool-Aid. 

If Ray and Felicity have some kind of lunge moment in 318 (not saying they will but if there are sexy times around that time), that doesn't leave much time for her to get it together with Oliver by seasons' end, which further suggests that Olicity is not happening. I swear, I've been holding onto hope by a thread but the timing of this relationship just doesn't fit. 

Also, I said earlier that Quentin arresting Roy as Arrow is about making the team pay. I wonder where Laurel is in all of this? 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

There has been precedence for Oliver revealing his identity ala Iron Man.  I thought it was a dumb ass choice on Smallville but everyone knowing that Oliver is the Arrow (them finding out, not Oliver telling in this case) would fit with "no show runner in their right mind would do"

If his identity was known, it might force Quentin's hand no matter his personal opinion.  I suppose then we can have Oliver run for Mayor and give himself a pardon. 

• Love 2

Seriously, though I can handle Felicity/Ray relationship if it leads to them moving to Central City over the hiatus and Felicity choosing to return alone to Starling in 4.01.

Hmm.  Maybe he is going to prison...they keep using that stupid "Justice is the new black" tagline.  Maybe we'll get an awesome Atom trilogy while Arrow is in the clink.

Oliver in prison would be interesting, if it starts setting up the Brava storyline.

Although they would probably use it as a ship stall

Edited by Genki

But couldn't Oliver go to jail for killing all those civilians? Yes, they were bad people but he still killed them. And why would he need the costume if everyone knew his identity. Not that I am saying they wouldn't do it but it would just be another one of those cases where nothing truly makes sense.

I want to believe SA when he says that it is darkest before dawn but maybe MG likes the darkness and extends it as long as he can. Hopefully Ray will not be around in S4 otherwise I really do think they will always just dangle O/F and never go for it. Maybe I am just being pessimistic but there hasn't been a spoiler in a long time that got me excited for the show.

• Love 3

Is there any chance the sexy times are going to be Lyla and Diggle?  Because tbh, I won't find Ray/Felicity sexy.  At all.

Yes he is. Vigilantism is illegal, Lance just called off the task force (unless I'm not remembering correctly). Although why he'd want to arrest Oliver even if he is angry is beyond me. The Arrow did as much work as at least half the SCPD, but sure. Shoot yourself in the foot, dude.

Exactly. The Arrow catches them so the DA's office can cook them.  He no longer kills them or extracts his own vengeance.  He even handed Brick over to the police.

At this point, it makes no sense to go after the Arrow for what he's doing.  It makes more sense to have someone running around pretending to be the Arrow and committing crimes.  It's an old chestnut but I don't doubt they'll try it.

Edited by statsgirl

Hmm.  Maybe he is going to prison...they keep using that stupid "Justice is the new black" tagline.  Maybe we'll get an awesome Atom trilogy while Arrow is in the clink.

Nope.  This can't happen.  I've had an ongoing and long standing argument on another board with someone who desperately wants Oliver to go to jail to pay for his sins  and I can not be wrong!!! Nope, nope, nope. nope. Sigh.  Crap. 

• Love 1

If Oliver is outed as the Arrow, maybe there's another murder trial, and Laurel can be the prosecutor again, and Malcolm can buy another jury.

And then we get to watch more court room scenes written by Guggenheim! Wonderful times. /sarcasm font

• Love 6

Where do you feel like Laurel’s at in terms of how confident she felt as a hero before this next episode and how confident she feels after this episode?

There’s a moment — I shouldn’t say a moment — there’s a big part of her after going out there, she just starts to doubt herself and somebody kind of reminds her and just says to her, "You’re doing this because you chose to do it. You’re not your sister, you’re you. You’re different and you have this incredible heart and drive, and everything inside of you — you’re doing this not only for your sister but for you, and the city, and because you care so much and you’re choosing to do it." And I think she comes out of the episode feeling 100 percent more confident and believing in herself. It’s almost as though she gets sort of off-track and then someone puts her back on track again. And she really believes in herself after this.

I guess this is the "moment" she and Felicity have that MG was talking about - because Felicity is totally going to be that "somebody."

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

But couldn't Oliver go to jail for killing all those civilians? Yes, they were bad people but he still killed them. And why would he need the costume if everyone knew his identity. Not that I am saying they wouldn't do it but it would just be another one of those cases where nothing truly makes sense.

I don't think he will actually go to prison if he is outed as the Arrow. He would just be on the run and have to hide out and could never live life in the open as Oliver Queen again. The problem is, once this is done it can't be undone, unless time travel or a mass memory wipe happens. 

Maybe Roy is dressed as Arrow to throw the scent off Oliver and establish that other people have worn the suit. So if he does get caught, Oliver can say, "Yes, I've worn the suit before but it was a different Arrow who killed all those people. I just wear it to get girls and save puppies." If they catch Roy and maybe Diggle in the suit, they won't know which "Arrow" was the Arrow doing the killing. Of course, then most or all of Team Arrow will be in trouble with the law, because even without the killings, they've all broken multiple laws. 

OK, from the Inside Pulse interview:

MJ: You know Katie, many fans of the show have been pushing to see the romance between Oliver and Felicity develop. When we chatted a couple of years ago, you said that you believed Laurel was Oliver’s first and hopefully last love.  Do you still feel that way?

KC: Absolutely! I think people go through different things in life, different phases, and timing is everything and right now romantically Laurel is not thinking romantically, I don’t think. She is focused on something else and Oliver and Felicity have a connection but, at the end of the day, I do think that they [Laurel and Oliver] are soulmates. I always will think that even if Oliver is involved with Felicity or not. Needless to say, just because it’s your soulmate, that doesn’t mean you end up with them. Sometimes soulmates just remain best friends. It’s funny because obviously I am on the show and read the scripts, but I’ll also watch the episodes and yesterday (I don’t know if you saw it) but I hashtagged on my Twitter “#Olicity” because everybody loves the Oliver/Felicity/Laurel triangle that is going on.  And with the writing, they [Oliver and Felicity] have good chemistry but I think at some point maybe far later down the line we may explore that… getting back into Laurel and Oliver romantically but it is absolutely not in her wavelength at all right now. I think she has a lot going on and a lot to deal with and she can’t really think like that at the moment.

There is no Oliver/Felicity/Laurel triangle going on.  Katie, if you were 1/3 of that triangle, you would know it.  It's not happening, please stop.

• Love 16

Unintentionally funny moment from KC's Vulture interview:
"So I dedicated part of my hiatus to buckling down and focusing on training."

Unintentionally face-palming moment from KC's Vulture interview (someone, alert the attorney disciplinary board!):
"But you don’t have to go through the law to make sure justice is being served. "

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

Thanks for taking the hit and reading those interviews. I'm watching this ep with a glass of wine on one side and a wastebasket on the other.

Yeah thanks, I tried, but I couldn't get past the first few paragraphs.  The skewed viewpoint was dizzying. 

I guess this is the "moment" she and Felicity have that MG was talking about - because Felicity is totally going to be that "somebody."

Really big sigh.  It does sound like Felicity's voice and even a continuation of what she kind of said in 3.11  I'm going to start fanwanking really hard that she's backing Laurel just to piss Oliver off. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Wait did I read that wrong? Can someone explain that KC interview because I'm scratching my head.

She said Oliver and Laurel are soulmates (not necessarily romantic styles) and that they're not on the romantic wavelength right now?

I try not to read MG interviews because he disheartens me. Unfortunately tumblr is FULL of them.

Mmm I would probably say that the EP's/writers have said that her and Oliver aren't over for her to make a statement like that. I mean as much  we don't want to admit, she has insight that we as viewers don't to the show. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Good grief. Either KC knows something is coming with Oliver or she doesn't understand anything about Oliver.

I think she desperately wants to be the "kickass" superhero and the love interest again, so she's putting that out there. But she's hedging her bets with the "sometimes soulmates just remain best friends." Do you know what a soulmate is? Do you know what a best friend is? Do you know what a friend is? Because Oliver and Laurel? At this point they aren't any of those things.

• Love 14

Mmm I would probably say that the EP's. writers have said that her and Oliver aren't over for her to make a statement like that. I mean as much  we don't want to admit, she has insight that we as viewers don't to the show. 

What I find funny is that SA and KC are saying completely different things about their characters LOL

• Love 4

So KC knows more then Stephen according to this interview. I am sorry but i dont buy it.

And i am sorry she stopped using the word soulmate and is now saying weird things  about a triangle that doesnt exist.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2

We'll that interview confirmed two things for me, 1 she tweeted that hashtag last week so she could bring it up in this interview and for PR reasons appear playful and 2 the producers are giving KC her own version of the scripts that include a love triangle involving Laurel.

Also, KC interviews are giving me an eye twitch.

All good things to know.

• Love 10

Well Stephen has never said that he and Laurel will never get back together. He's said right now he's all about Felicity. Even if they do, I doubt it will be permanent. Olicity is probably the endgame. 

The love triangle statement was funny though because there doesn't really seem to be a love triangle between these characters at all, at the moment at least. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1