Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I heard Left Behind was a Felicity centric episode (don't know why they didn't promote it as such) but I had no idea Felicity had more screen time in 311. That was supposed to be Laurel's big episode, seems really odd that anyone but Laurel would have the most screen time. I suppose they could be saving the big Laurel scenes for Canaries but it certainly seems odd...unless they really didn't have faith in Laurel/KC to deliver.

I saw someone on tumblr post the screen time for each character. In 3x11 Laurel had the most screen time, followed by Oliver & then Felicity. However, in 3x10, I think Felicity had the most screen time.

Edit: In 3x10 Diggle had the most screen time. Here is where I saw it, I don't know how accurate it is: http://forgingfire.tumblr.com/tagged/screentime

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

Well, she did have several big scenes, but four of her scenes were with Felicity, which helped create that balance. Plus, present day Oliver ended up having a lot more screentime than expected, with the Oliver/Tatsu/Maseo cabin scenes, and Ray and Felicity had quite a bit of screentime.

Diggle, alas, not so much. More Diggle, please, show.

I think they feel that 1 Suicide Squad episode per season somehow makes up for that.

If the spec holds then 317 will be as much Diggle centric as 216 was. With Oliver and Co having minimal screen time.

I know a lot of you guys are worried about a come back to Laurel/Oliver, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I kind of see something else going on this season.

I think the EPs haven't given up on their [ridiculous, puerile] idea of a ~destined love for Oliver, and they might be trying to retcon Felicity into that position. That's what the "it was red" thing was all about: reestablish F/O's meet cute into ~written in the stars~ territory.

If they use Felicity in the flashbacks in anyway that affects Oliver, it'll be another attempt to do exactly that.

• Love 9

I know a lot of you guys are worried about a come back to Laurel/Oliver, and I'm not saying you're wrong, but I kind of see something else going on this season.

I think the EPs haven't given up on their [ridiculous, puerile] idea of a ~destined love for Oliver, and they might be trying to retcon Felicity into that position. That's what the "it was red" thing was all about: reestablish F/O's meet cute into ~written in the stars~ territory.

If they use Felicity in the flashbacks in anyway that affects Oliver, it'll be another attempt to do exactly that.

That is how I would read it too.

I can see them doing that. But as you said, it's ridiculous, and totally unnecessary in my opinion. Now I'm kinda hoping it's about Felicity and Palmer, ahah.

Anyway, if she has to be in flashbacks, I hope it's either with Maseo, or they bump into each other, and not something like the last scene of The Butterfly Effect. Please, no.

• Love 1

LOL I want Felicity to be "The One" and I'm fine with the writers making it like that. Their Chemistry is insane!

I saw someone on tumblr post the screen time for each character. In 3x11 Laurel had the most screen time, followed by Oliver & then Felicity. However, in 3x10, I think Felicity had the most screen time.

Edit: In 3x10 Diggle had the most screen time. Here is where I saw it, I don't know how accurate it is: http://forgingfire.tumblr.com/tagged/screentime

Ok, from that person's calculations, I was way off about Midnight City:

« midnight city »

Oliver: 10mins, 3secs

Laurel: 15mins, 30secs

Diggle: 3mins, 56secs

Thea: 4mins, 29secs

Felicity: 8mins, 52secs

Roy: 7mins, 22secs

Malcolm: 4mins, 22secs

Quentin: 7mins, 41secs

However, this is still less than the 20 minutes per episode Katie Cassidy/Laurel Lance started with back in the first season. And overall:

Oliver: 3hours, 55mins, 27secs

Laurel: 1hour, 21mins, 45secs

Diggle: 1hour, 33mins, 47secs

Thea: 39mins, 3seces

Felicity: 2hours, 12mins, 38secs

Roy: 1hour, 33mins, 25secs

Malcolm: 22mins, 25secs

Quentin: 22mins, 8secs

These numbers do not include Flash, which greatly ups Felicity and Oliver's screentime and somewhat ups Diggle's screentime.  Including Flash, Felicity has had more than twice the screentime that Laurel has had so far this season.  Even not including Flash, she's had far more screentime than Laurel.

I know for many viewers Laurel seems to be dominating the show this season, but she's still had less screentime than Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Roy.

• Love 1

I can see them doing that. But as you said, it's ridiculous, and totally unnecessary in my opinion. Now I'm kinda hoping it's about Felicity and Palmer, ahah.

Anyway, if she has to be in flashbacks, I hope it's either with Maseo, or they bump into each other, and not something like the last scene of The Butterfly Effect. Please, no.

I have to say NOO!! To Raylicity sex Gross! I'm hoping it's Oliver and Felicity were THIS CLOSE to meeting each other

I'm prepared for Raylicity sex. I don't want it but I'm expecting it. MG said we'd see sexy times this season so...

Yeah, agreed. I'm not ruling out them maybe trying L/O in the future (or testing the waters with it) because this is a show that might go on for years (really please no) and they do stupid things to create unnecessary drama. But right now I can't logically see them doing that and if they did I think it would fail. I guess the only reason I sometimes wonder about the possibility of L/O is because of the comics, when really everything I've seen on this show has been leading to Oliver completely and hopelessly in love with Felicity. And they've built it in such a way - linking her to his humanity, her being his dying thought - that I honestly can't see a way back from that. Even in s1 when we were supposed to believe Laurel was the one for Oliver, it was never as intense as it has been this season with Olicity. L/O always felt more like trying to fix mistakes/regrets. O/F seems like a really deep and honest love to me. I can see them trying to build on that with retcons and such.

I guess I just love their first meeting so much that I don't really want them to have met before. I like that it was a happy sort of accident, just as it was stumbling onto SA and EBR's chemistry. But seeing as MG seems to like repeating the same beats, then yes, I can see him trying to replicate that original story with Felicity rather than Laurel. It's unnecessary but again, this is MG. Not surprising. 

I know for many viewers Laurel seems to be dominating the show this season, but she's still had less screentime than Oliver, Felicity, Diggle and Roy.

So it just feels like she's had more screen time then? I wonder why that is…?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7

I doubt there will be Ray/Felicity sex in 3x14 as it's "The Flashback" episode with Oliver and Thea on the island and flashbacks to Starling City. I cant't see them having island scenes with a heavy amount of flashbacks and present day starling city scenes. I feel like the only scenes we will get in 3x14 in Starling City will be in flashbacks. I think Oliver and Thea might end on up the island in 3x13 as Stephen Amell's reaction for that is "Wait. THEY'RE WHERE?"

tumblr_niqroqOfyL1sq00uso6_250.gif

• Love 2

I kinda like the idea that Felicity helps Oliver without knowing she was helping Oliver or Oliver knowing she helped him in the flashback.  That would have a predestined overtone to it - that she was always meant to help him and they were always destined to meet.  There's that reincarnation-type theory that some souls are destined to meet again and again in every lifetime.

(edited)

From the 314 official description:

And yet they filmed a scene in front of QC. None of those people would be at QC. That kinda leaves Felicity, doesn't it?

My wish would be for Maseo to interact with Felicity and somehow help Oliver, without either of them knowing about it.

I wouldn't be surprised, these guys love Buffy and Angel so much I wouldn't put it past them to pull the same retcon.

Buffy did the same thing in S3, showing a flashback to Angel being on his mission from Whistler, spying on Buffy at her HS in LA and later watching Buffy in her bathroom.

So we could find out that Oliver saw Felicity in SC back before S1, just like Angel saw Buffy. Or there could be a meeting where Felicity accidentally bumps into Oliver while rushing to get to her first day of work.

Edited by Morrigan2575

I doubt there will be Ray/Felicity sex in 3x14 as it's "The Flashback" episode with Oliver and Thea on the island and flashbacks to Starling City. I cant't see them having island scenes with a heavy amount of flashbacks and present day starling city scenes. I feel like the only scenes we will get in 3x14 in Starling City will be in flashbacks. I think Oliver and Thea might end on up the island in 3x13 as Stephen Amell's reaction for that is "Wait. THEY'RE WHERE?"

The end of each episode this season usually sets up the next episode so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Oliver and Thea on the island at the end of 313, leading on to 314. Makes sense.

Also, I predict Raylicity sex in 315.

Edited by Angel12d

Maybe the 314 cliffhanger is Felicity/Palmer leading to opening 315 still with them. Double the time, double MY EYES MY EYES!

Although I'm clinging to Amell's BOOYAH, and there's no possible way he booyah-ed Felicity having sex with someone other than Oliver, right? RIGHT?

This might be a stupid question but did they ever do a 'proper' sex scene (Grey's Anatomy/Scandal type of scene) I can't really remember.  Also I realize that this is the dumbest question ever. They always alluded to it but it was more of a we are moving into that territory or you see them sit in a bed after. And most of those scenes did involve Oliver. It might just be me hoping but at least it won't take up too much screen time if F/R hook up. 

I still hope that Felicity's scar won't make its triumphant return in a sexy scene with Ray and as a result give Ray more of a push to know more about her secret life. If he doesn't assume it already. I mean even he might see the news and see his helicopter is used by a group of people associated with the vigilante. 

If Ray's done his research he'd know Arrow killed for Felicity. I'd ask a few questions about that.

If they do have sex I doubt it'd be even anywhere near Oliver's, and his are chaste. Maybe a kiss leading to bed, then the next scene them having pillow talk.

How I didn't gag writing that is beyond me.

This might be a stupid question but did they ever do a 'proper' sex scene (Grey's Anatomy/Scandal type of scene) I can't really remember.  Also I realize that this is the dumbest question ever. They always alluded to it but it was more of a we are moving into that territory or you see them sit in a bed after. And most of those scenes did involve Oliver. It might just be me hoping but at least it won't take up too much screen time if F/R hook up. 

I still hope that Felicity's scar won't make its triumphant return in a sexy scene with Ray and as a result give Ray more of a push to know more about her secret life. If he doesn't assume it already. I mean even he might see the news and see his helicopter is used by a group of people associated with the vigilante. 

Compared to other CW shows, I don't think they have. Its been pretty tame on Arrow. Which I find a little funny given SA is not shy.

Its funny, there was a discussion about how PG the Olicity kisses have been. I was watching old Grey's Anatomy and I loved Mark and Lexie. Their sex/kiss scenes were so light compared to others partners they had throughout the show. That always annoyed me. Lol

Oliver's had about four sex scenes so far: Helena/Oliver, McKenna/Oliver, Laurel/Oliver, and Sara/Oliver. I'd say they were all pretty tame except maybe Helena/Oliver, which was framed as a major sex scene, but that's me. I agree that after Hung Amell shouldn't be particularly shy about this sort of thing :)

• Love 1

You all know what it's going to be.

Flashback: Oliver looks in on Tommy/Laurel and sees them getting it on, which makes him sad.

Present: Felicity and Ray get it on, to 'cleverly' parallel the flashback.

Oliver will find out and be crushed, but emotionally constipated, which will contribute to this 'left turn' that the show is making in the following episode.

That's my prediction, and while usually I make them on the assumption that the showrunners won't be that dumb or predictable, this time I'm fully confident that they'll be exactly that dumb and predictable. You guys are the only people who can show them how stupid they are, by not watching.

• Love 2

LOL Oliver and Laurel are supposed to have a pretty good scene in 3x15. How much you want to bet its Oliver accepting Laurel's awesome-ness and leaving the city in her hands to go to Nanda?

This is the thing - all the sex scenes have involved Oliver so even if Raylicity do have sex, I don't think we'll see it. I think it will just be alluded to, like we knew Diggle and Lyla had sex because we saw them in bed afterwards but the 'major' sex scenes usually involve the lead. Here's to hoping! 

LOL Oliver and Laurel are supposed to have a pretty good scene in 3x15. How much you want to bet its Oliver accepting Laurel's awesome-ness and leaving the city in her hands to go to Nanda?

They also said O/L had a great scene in 306 and they were the closest they've ever been and in what universe did that happen?! I seriously don't trust anything they say.

But yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver accepts her awesome BC-ness after a couple of episodes. It's the same level of delusion employed to accept that she's capable of being BC after a few boxing lessons. 

Edited by Angel12d

Why not they just pass each other with no acknowledgement? I'd prefer that to a smile, or bumping into each other. I know tumblr would like something like that though.

Your suggestion is the only flashback that will work with the 103 first meeting. IMO

In that first meeting it was obvious she knew him (after all he was Oliver... Owner of the company where she works). Prior to his sailing accident I'm sure she had seen him on television or around the company (if he ever went there to see his dad).

However in that 103 scene Oliver didn't behave like she was familiar to him. So I don't want a flashback were they had met before.

They could inadvertently bump into each other without any acknowledgement. That will work.

The end of each episode this season usually sets up the next episode so I wouldn't be surprised if we see Oliver and Thea on the island at the end of 313, leading on to 314. Makes sense.

GAG to that I want Sexy times with Oliver/Felicity Dammit!! Lol Ray don't deserve it at all!

If Ray's done his research he'd know Arrow killed for Felicity. I'd ask a few questions about that.

If they do have sex I doubt it'd be even anywhere near Oliver's, and his are chaste. Maybe a kiss leading to bed, then the next scene them having pillow talk.

How I didn't gag writing that is beyond me.

I GAGGED thinking about it!

Thea: 39mins, 3seces

I'm still not over this figure. Thea has had 39 minutes of screen time this season. Whaaaaat?! I thought her storyline was going to be huge from the way they hyped it at SDCC and this is all she gets?! Crazy. She deserves so much more. Fingers crossed she gets it in 3b. 

• Love 6

This is the thing - all the sex scenes have involved Oliver so even if Raylicity do have sex, I don't think we'll see it. I think it will just be alluded to, like we knew Diggle and Lyla had sex because we saw them in bed afterwards but the 'major' sex scenes usually involve the lead. Here's to hoping! 

They also said O/L had a great scene in 306 and they were the closest they've ever been and in what universe did that happen?! I seriously don't trust anything they say.

But yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if Oliver accepts her awesome BC-ness after a couple of episodes. It's the same level of delusion employed to accept that she's capable of being BC after a few boxing lessons.

Good points. I'd rather see Dyla sexytimes or Olicity sexytimes no to Raylicity!! Heres Hoping For Olicity sexy times being when we see her scar again. We will see it then Oliver will kiss it. LOL. Then she will kiss a couple of his!

I was thinking Laurel would be the one to go to Nanda Parbat, haha.

tumblr_niqroqOfyL1sq00uso6_250.gif

I think they (Oliver, Thea, Merlyn) end up on Lian Yu at the very end of 3.13. I think the SC flashbacks in 3.14 take place in SC while Oliver is on Lian Yu. Unless they are putting Felicity in flashbacks, she could be in scenes with Ray as part of the ATOM storyline-hook up or not. Also, if no current day SC, what role is Diggle playing? He has to be in flashbacks too. MG said they are both in the episode.

As for a hook-up with Felicity & Ray, it has to be sooner rather than later IF they are going there. 3.14 is a sweeps episode and Feb sweeps is where temporary romances begin/end. It would also give Oliver another reason to at least temporarily join the LOA in 3.15/3.16 if he thinks he has really lost everything. (Batman joined them temporarily IIRC. Yes, I know there is no temporary with the LOA). Although spoilers have been vague I don't think he's in SC much if at all in those episodes. He's back in 3.17 at least for the wedding. I don't know anything about 3.18 other MamaSmoak scenes with Felicity in a hospital. 3.19 is supposed to be surprising and I think Ra's is involved.

Assuming 3.01 is a microcosm of the season and reflects where 3.23 should end, Oliver should be deciding to be both Oliver & Arrow, Felicity will be the love interest (& tech guru), and Laurel will be Arrow's business partner as Black Canary. Diggle will be helping (not sure what capacity) and Arsenal and ATOM will be established as heroes. Since by then I expect Palmer to know what Felicity is up to he might even be bankrolling her. How they get there might not be much fun to watch but I think that is where they are going.

• Love 3

Given Thea's connection to LOA thru Malcolm, Oliver and DDJ and that we will finally be out of the black hole of an arc, I'm hoping that Thea eats up the screentime in this next few episodes.

Given Thea's connection to LOA thru Malcolm, Oliver and DDJ and that we will finally be out of the black hole of an arc, I'm hoping that Thea eats up the screentime in this next few episodes.

I hope she does. To date, her storyline seems to have been about Malcolm and Oliver not her.

I don't think Oliver and Felicity meeting inadvertently or passing each other on the street or what have you means that the meet cute is erased or that it means they were destined to meet.  Oliver was still struck by her in some way when he did see her in the office that he wasn't with anyone else.

The only other thing that would break the internet and be a left turn is to find out that Felicity has been a deep cover operative working for the LoA or Malcolm or Waller or Slade Wilson as a condition of not being prosecuted for some kind of hacking or being blackmailed by someone who has something on her or is threatening her mother's life.  SWERVE

• Love 1

Flashback: Oliver looks in on Tommy/Laurel and sees them getting it on, which makes him sad.

I think we already got that scene in 3x07 when Oliver saw them kissing didn't we?? 

Your suggestion is the only flashback that will work with the 103 first meeting. IMO

In that first meeting it was obvious she knew him (after all he was Oliver... Owner of the company where she works). Prior to his sailing accident I'm sure she had seen him on television or around the company (if he ever went there to see his dad).

However in that 103 scene Oliver didn't behave like she was familiar to him. So I don't want a flashback were they had met before.

They could inadvertently bump into each other without any acknowledgement. That will work.

Five years ago Felicity was at MIT while Oliver was already in Hong Kong. So she wouldn't have seen him around the company before he set sail as she wasn't at QC yet. She probably knew about him once arriving at the company? But she wouldn't have seen him. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

So, I rewatched the video.Gosh, watching that video again was funny. Its so hard to keep straight in my head the spoilers v. speculation v. fact. It's like a jumble of all these things bouncing around in my brain.

Yep, SA's response what they're where is spot on for them being on the island in 314. Cuz frankly, what else could there be to say about the canaries episode? It probably is just an ep to finally cement BC arrival & Sara's removal. It'll be a clinical story establishing episode, not an emotional one, except for feeling the loos of Sara & possibly a Quentin thing again. So there will be emotion, but not unexpected reactions. Arrow does like to mic drop major scenes at the end of this story establishing filler eps, so it would make sense that SA focuses on that instead.

Maybe the 314 cliffhanger is Felicity/Palmer leading to opening 315 still with them. Double the time, double MY EYES MY EYES!

Although I'm clinging to Amell's BOOYAH, and there's no possible way he booyah-ed Felicity having sex with someone other than Oliver, right? RIGHT?

They usually have a few minutes of present day even in their flashback heavy episodes right? The BOOYAH is probably r/t beating Slade, not anything to do with Felicity.

314 could end with F&P in a compromising position which would break the internet & fulfill F being on the episode. This moment would then trigger the events of 315 which seem like when F&P decide to give it a go as a couple. Whether or not sex, I haven't decided yet. But that is probably SA rxn to 315, because Oliver may return to SC just in time to be like Wait - What? Along with the rest of the audience. Setting up R&F date to Dyla wedding & trip to Flash, where I hope Barry lays some truth on Felicity.

IMO, they should keep Felicity out of any flashbacks from his time on the island. IMO it cheapens the karmic/destined feeling I have about them now. If they need to show her helping him, I think it should only be thru Maseo. M would have no idea who she was & would not feel the need to tall O that this blonde girl helped him. So O would never know that it might have been destined, but the audience would, which is the most important part. I want Oliver to have chosen Felicity from the time they spent together, not cuz he remembered some random interaction when he was living out his nightmares. Factually I believe, we did not see O&M interact until he returned to the screen as sarab which makes me think they were not in communication. Thus during the mission M never told him about blonde & after his return they had more important things to talk about with LoA business. M likely would not know how much F has come to mean to O, so even if he could remember it I doubt he would mention it. Plus M seems to be very emotionally constipated at the time, so who knows if he would even feel the urge to talk about it.

Oliver will find out and be crushed, but emotionally constipated, which will contribute to this 'left turn' that the show is making in the following episode.

That's my prediction, and while usually I make them on the assumption that the showrunners won't be that dumb or predictable, this time I'm fully confident that they'll be exactly that dumb and predictable. You guys are the only people who can show them how stupid they are, by not watching.

"She doesn't love me at all. Guess I'll go to nanda parbat after ras"

Yup, they are dumb enough to do it. Eyeroll.

• Love 1

The only other thing that would break the internet and be a left turn is to find out that Felicity has been a deep cover operative working for the LoA or Malcolm or Waller or Slade Wilson as a condition of not being prosecuted for some kind of hacking or being blackmailed by someone who has something on her or is threatening her mother's life.  SWERVE

That's what I was thinking. But then I tell myself I don't need another "La Femme Nikita" kind of shock, nor I want it, ahah

Maseo and Felicity scenes?! BRING IT.

I wouldn't be surprised if Felicity's relationship or whatever with Ray is what drives Oliver to make a deal with Ra's or something along those lines. They've tied Felicity to his humanity and if Oliver thinks he's got nothing left to 'live' for (because I do think he was hoping she would wait for him all this time, which in turn gave him a bit of hope too) then I can see him saying 'F*ck it! Might as well do this.'

I kinda like the idea that Felicity helps Oliver without knowing she was helping Oliver or Oliver knowing she helped him in the flashback. That would have a predestined overtone to it - that she was always meant to help him and they were always destined to meet. There's that reincarnation-type theory that some souls are destined to meet again and again in every lifetime.

And maybe Maseo told Oliver that an IT resource in your dad's company helped me. Her name is Felicity Smoake.

That would explain how Oliver knew about her in 103.He told her he had a problem with his laptop and he was told she was the person to go to.

Of course knowing the writers they may say a QC janitor told Oliver about Felicity. :(

Oliver's had about four sex scenes so far: Helena/Oliver, McKenna/Oliver, Laurel/Oliver, and Sara/Oliver. I'd say they were all pretty tame except maybe Helena/Oliver, which was framed as a major sex scene, but that's me. I agree that after Hung Amell shouldn't be particularly shy about this sort of thing :)

I doubt that he is, but who knows? Also, Im beginning to wonder if EBR might be the one hesitant? So if they do have more passionate scenes with RP, it might be a way to ease her into those type of scenes. So that when she does share them w/ O, they are not awkward. It might be the silver lining in the otherwise dark cloud of a romantic Raylicity.

I do know that this is network TV & Arrow has the 8p slot. so with censors & rules, the show is pretty limited on what it can show. If the show moved to 9p, it might get away with a little more, but not much. Sadly, as much as people may want cable-esque romance/love/sex scenes, they're just not gonna happen on network @8p.

Yeah I have always liked the idea of Oliver being aware of felicity's hacking abilities from something he learned about her while away...

So, Maseo/felicity? Yes pls. Is this nanda parbat they should start filming, or is that one already done. So behind these days.

Yeah I have always liked the idea of Oliver being aware of felicity's hacking abilities from something he learned about her while away...

So, Maseo/felicity? Yes pls. Is this nanda parbat they should start filming, or is that one already done. So behind these days.

They're shooting the Suicide Squad ep now.

I'd rather not have Oliver know about Felicity's hacking skills. It makes him going to her seem....eh more skeevy? I liked that he just knew that she was an IT person that could help him figure out stuff and then I liked how he became impressed with her more and more. Not that he knew all along she was remarkable. 

• Love 2

I truly believe that Felicity deciding not to pursue him romantically will not influence his decision to work with or against LoA. I think we will get clarity from Felicity that she does love Oliver, but that is not enough to make their relationship work romantically at that present. Hence SA's yeeah, oh nooo. Heartbreaking scene done. But like all tragic superheros, just knowing he has her love will be enough to sustain him & his humanity. Like he repeated multiple times, he cannot be with the woman he loves for his/her/the world's sake. Its part of his psyche that he must suffer & sacrifice as a means to honor those he loves. A little dark for my taste, but that seems to be the EPs direction these days.

Nanda prabat comes after the return, so my guess would be that it has something to do with MM. Cuz they get on island d/t MM doing something shady. So maybe Thea & Oliver bond & reconnect thru events on the island and decide to travel to NP to resolve their respective outstanding issues with LoA. Or perhaps Nyssa & with DJ in tow show up on the island and is like come with us, their is a tribunal waiting for you in NP. NP will likely not focus on the O/F relationship, because they're in NP, so it will give time for R/F to make some made for TV mistakes that ultimately lead to them together. See the writers are giving us some light to go with the dark. My guess is SA & EBR will share scant if any screentime together for 314, 315, 316. Realistically this makes sense if geographically they are not in the same place, so its forced olicity separation but it is plausible. Only upping the ante on angst & emotions with his return to SC in time for the Dyla wedding. I think we'll get another heartbreaking moment or two during the wedding but it will still result in R/F leaving town to go the Flash. Where apparently we will get Felicity driven plot & character development that will lead to her injured in 318. Perhaps Ray will walk away from her romantically & professionally using a "because of the life I lead" speech. This might be the lightbulb moment that Felcity has to end the R/F romance. and pursue Oliver. Because she will realize that even though Oliver told her something similar, he never left her or ending a relationship with her because of it. There are only 1 times, he's ever walked away from her and that was when he left to save his sister. All the other times, she's the one that walked away. He might have voiced his concerns & fears, but he always seemed like he wanted her to understand them & try to change his mind. Even after he told her he couldn't be OQ&A, he still seemed to follow her around or want her near him. Even after the cupid debacle, he went after her to explain. I think the end of the season will be a mutual O & F chase.

Episode 15 if The Offer.  The radical turn?  Oliver joins up with Ra's, unless it's with Malcolm because they're on Lian Yu in ep 14.

If Oliver is on Lian Yu the whole time, the Felicity scene will probably be a flashback and will be something they want the fans to get really excited over but will be brief enough that Oliver won't remember it three years later when he goes to Felicity with his laptop.  It won't be Goth Felicity though because she  would already have graduated and been blonde button-down Felicity.  I like the idea of her interacting with Maseo but I'm not sure that would break the internet.

On the other  hand, if Oliver isn't on Lian Yu the whole time, it could be a scene he has with Felicity either before he goes or after he gets back. 

AK is often just as bad as Guggenheim.  He's the one who keeps pushing Raylicity and how the second part of the season will be Felicity trying to decide between two men.

After reading Part 2 of that AssignmentX interview with MG, it sounds like key elements I liked about the show (Felicity, original Team Arrow) happened by accident.  Maybe that's why the EPs haven't given Felicity her own story and why the show has moved away from the original Team Arrow so quickly. 

I think the genius of this show has been find lightning in a bottle and grab it and hold on.  SA's casting, Diggle's humor, Felicity, Manu Bennett's casting, CL's Sara (until they dropped her for Laurel).  It feels like the biggest problem of this season is that they dropped that and they've been writing to Laurel's and Ray's plots rather than what works organically on the show.

If they are moving away from Olicity then I need them to give Felicity a viable (and believable) love interest, who is not Palmer.

I think they're sticking to Olicity. But Olicity in season 7 or 8, which is why we get this wretched stuff now.

All he's saying is that fans don't dictate their story choices - he hammered it home by saying that those fans aren't going to be too happy with him for a bit, so...IMO he's not saying anything he hasn't said before. They're doing what they think is right for the story and aren't being influenced by or "pandering" to the ship. Then he's like, 'See what I'm saying? We're about to really piss them off!'

But if he's writing to get a fan reaction, whether it's the love for Laurel Canary now or to beak the internet (and piss off Olicity fans), that's still writing to the fans.  It's not writing what they ask for just because they ask for it  (which would be wrong) but it's like an 8 year old trying to think of what would piss off his parents to get the reaction he's looking for..

He also thinks that people want angst and star-crossed lovers in their TV relationships.  He's still stuck on the Moonlighting Curse. Or maybe he was infected by Romeo and Juliet in middle school.

Regarding them really selling this olicity scene, they tend to pick one scene and really drive it home. 3x10 was Diggle and Laurel, 3x12 was Oliver and Felicity, 3x13 seems to be Felicity and Laurel. 

I couldn't figure out a scene for 3x11, maybe the dream? 

The promotion  for 311 was Laurel becoming the Black Canary at last.

Well MG did say something once about how the EPs like Joss Whedon and Buffy/Angel - and didn't Angel lose his soul and turn evil after sleeping with Buffy (because he experienced a moment of true happiness)?

I thought the premise for Buffy and Angel in terms of star-crossed lovers (if Angel were to ever sleep with her and be truly happy, he would lose his soul and return to Angelus) was truly brilliant for stalling the ship. But even that only lasted for 3 years.

• Love 4

He was asked if we would get one and he said let me get back to you on that by the way do you want to know what happens the rest of the season? In season 4? How it will end? He gave a rude response. It's already been said we find out Felicity's feelings about Oliver this week although there could be truths and lies IMO

The "epic" laurilver scene is in 316 if I remember correctly. 316 is THE OFFER, my gut it telling me the scene will involve LL sacrificing herself for Thea. I bet Laurel agrees to join LoA in some capacity to avenge/replace Sara and in doing so she sacrifices her freedom to save Thea. Oliver will obviously not be happy to watch another person he cares for enter into the dark shadowy world. He's mentioned numerous times, he never wanted his family/friends to suffer or be hurt. So it makes sense that there would be a touching moment between the 2 of them. He does believe he loved her for 1/2 of his life, so that residual caring is gonna come thru in moments like these, irregardless of whether he loves F now. I think LL will chose to do this for many reasons, primary reason I think she genuinely cares for Thea. Remember in S1, when LL said that she saw Thea as the lil sister she could save after the vertigo incident. LL felt she was never able to help/save Sara when she returned and also that somehow she contributed to Sara's 1st death. I know they tried to retcon it with the hold houseparty/grounding scene, but that was just poor exposition. LL felt her sister was lost and did nothing to help her, perhaps she even has remorse for some of the things she did to Sara. So this offer is her golden opportunity. This solution offers may benefits for TPTB. 1. Makes LL/BC a hero. 2. Shows LL has a big heart 3. Will allow BC to be a real badass when she returns 4. Links BC & GA together as family saving family. The more I write about it, the more I could see it happening & me not being to upset with it. Her sacrifice will help her atone for some of her sins, so in that way I like it. It will also hopefully take her out of SC for a little bit. Perhaps in her journey/training she will come to realize what she did to Quentin, and we will see some genuine remorse and begging for forgiveness. In my head, I sorta see LoA training as the 12step program on drugs, so its right up her alley. I do see Oliver counter-offering the offer, but trying to negotiate w/ Ras that if he brings back MM to the LoA this will relinquish LL from her commitment to the LoA and she will gain her freedom back. Sorta a quid pro quo that can go on beyond just s3, since I think MM will be hard to capture. I think the destruction we might see in SC in s3 because of Ras will have more to do with MM, than his anger towards OQ for surviving the duel. TBH, I think Ras will respect OQ for not dying, but it will annoy/haunt him which will come back in later seasons - that is probably why they leaked the comparison between Slade & Ras.

I really think it's Laurel who will be going off with with Nyssa and the LOA this year. Likely over the summer so she'll return all amazing at everything. I will hate it and still subscribe to my delusional 'didn't see it, didn't happen' coping mechanism. 

I also hope it's Maseo and Felicity interacting in the flashback if that's the route they take. There's something special to me about Oliver and Felicity's first meeting and I'd hate to retcon that. 

I'm a bit morbidly curious what's going to break the internet. Since I'm on West Coast time, will it be a tidal wave of NOPE falling over Tumblr? Or a tsunami of YES? 

• Love 1