Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It's not bad that you're not buying her disillusionment with the law. It was only mentioned once as a plot device, and then she went back at it, never to be mentioned again. And I don't know how she'd make that work. But I tend not to think too much about that because I also don't know how Felicity and Diggle function on how little sleep they must get. It's one of those things I'm willing to overlook, but it would be nice if they address it with Laurel. Not holding my breath though. Hopefully they do address the fingerless gloves, because that's just some dumbass BS.

Diggle I don't really mind because he doesn't seem to have any other day job... And according to MG, Lyla is the sole breadwinner of the household.

Felicity, like I said, takes a lot of 'sick days' and I'm sure her job isn't one that has set hours and that she can get away with going to work late (like noon or whatever). Even in the comics (the Flash one) show how Felicity struggles with her two jobs. 

Then there's Oliver who barely worked at all. Almost everyone made it a point to point that out. 

So I don't really buy Laurel doing all of that and not struggle with balancing her activities because there's a precedence which shows that juggling normal life and vigilante life is tough. It borders on mary-sue-dom that she can handle all that with ease and succeed.

Edited by wonderwall

So I don't really buy Laurel doing all of that and not struggle with balancing her activities because there's a precedence which shows that juggling normal life and vigilante life is tough. It borders on mary-sue-dom that she can handle all that with ease and succeed.

Yeah, it'd be nice for them to address it, but seriously, with all the issues I have with her character, how she manages to squeeze sleep into her work/training schedule is like...way at the bottom of the list, haha.

• Love 5

Yeah, it'd be nice for them to address it, but seriously, with all the issues I have with her character, how she manages to squeeze sleep into her work/training schedule is like...way at the bottom of the list, haha.

Very true. This is another problem of overstuffing the show suffers from. It tends to gloss over the minor details which makes all the difference, especially in a story like Laurel's which needs much care because of all the detractors and the people who just don't care for her. It doesn't bode well for Laurel because people are already crying insta!Canary :p 

It's a sad sad day when I'm more 'excited' (I use that word very loosely here) by seeing Vinnie Jones and his character than anything else. Omg what happened.

I mean, I do want to see Diggle in the forefront and I need to see how Felicity handles things but everything else? Meh.

RIP my enthusiasm.

During tonight's episode of Jane the Virgin, there was a combined Arrow/The Flash promo that ended with Laurel's "I'm the justice you can't outrun line." I've never wanted a criminal to take out a so-called "hero" so much in my life.

• Love 17

During tonight's episode of Jane the Virgin, there was a combined Arrow/The Flash promo that ended with Laurel's "I'm the justice you can't outrun line." I've never wanted a criminal to take out a so-called "hero" so much in my life.

Same here

Did they say Felicity is going to co-lead?  I've heard different things. 

is this posted somewhere? 

Edited by ban1o

It bothers me a bit that Felicity is going to co-lead the team. When has she shown any sort of leadership qualities? 

• When she took the lead bringing Team Arrow and Team Flash together
  • When she created the plan to blow up the QC applied science division
  • Episode 3x05

To name a few... 

I think it's good that Diggle/Felicity will co-lead. It'll be nice to see them rely on each other. 

• Love 13

What does it matter? Sometimes you don't show leadership qualities until you face a little adversity. And it makes sense that she and Diggle would bounce strategic ideas off each other. They've been at this longer than Roy or Laurel. Felicity was always part of the planning process before, why wouldn't she be now?

• Love 15

I don't understand this "leader" thing I've gotten the impression from interviews they will all be working together and making decisions together, correct? Including Felicity and Diggle. 

Edited by ban1o

It bothers me a bit that Felicity is going to co-lead the team. When has she shown any sort of leadership qualities?

Umm considering Her and Diggle have been down there the longest yeah they are co-leaders. Better than Laurel going in and imposing her will treating Diggle and Felicity like the Help.

• Love 6

She rebuilt the lair between season one and two, and along with Diggle tracked Oliver down to bring him back to Starling City. Oliver said it himself "like a good friend told me I had to find another way". She went to Diggle in season one when Oliver wasn't talking to him, she has helped Team Flash and has lead them. She may not lead with physical strength and a demanding tone, but she leads the team (Oliver has called her his partner).

She told Oliver to "go get Thea, do whatever it takes" and she is the one who convinced him to continue fighting Slade ("you are not done fighting"). There's a quiet way she leads that leaves the team helpless without her.

• Love 12

Did they say Felicity is going to co-lead?  I've heard different things. 

It was mentioned in one of the articles posted today, which is the only time I've seen it. Another mentioned Diggle as the de-facto leader. It'd make sense to me if they planned things together and discussed strategy with Diggle making the final call.

I don't understand this "leader" thing I've gotten the impression from interviews they will all be working together and making decisions together, correct? Including Felicity and Diggle.

MG said in the interview released today that Diggle and Felicity are co-leading the team

She rebuilt the lair between season one and two, and along with Diggle tracked Oliver down to bring him back to Starling City. Oliver said it himself "like a good friend told me I had to find another way". She went to Diggle in season one when Oliver wasn't talking to him, she has helped Team Flash and has lead them. She may not lead with physical strength and a demanding tone, but she leads the team (Oliver has called her his partner).

She told Oliver to "go get Thea, do whatever it takes" and she is the one who convinced him to continue fighting Slade ("you are not done fighting"). There's a quiet way she leads that leaves the team helpless without her.

You said it for me lol . She's so badass without having to fight

• Love 4

It was mentioned in one of the articles posted today, which is the only time I've seen it. Another mentioned Diggle as the de-facto leader. It'd make sense to me if they planned things together and discussed strategy with Diggle making the final call.

Aah okay thanks :) it's weird I've heard the word "leader" used for different people in different interviews haha. It doesn't really matter to me but it makes sense that Felicity and Diggle lead since they've been doing this the longest. Diggle probably has the most leadership experience though.

Edited by ban1o

I view Team Arrow as a partnership. But I understand the term leader applied to Diggle and Felicity, in regards to Roy and now Laurel.

I do too and that's why I believe they are the co-leaders in Oliver's Absence. But they are a Team first as Oliver has said Dig and Felicity are the only two who matter

Aah okay thanks :) it's weird I've heard the word "leader" used for different people in different interviews haha. It doesn't really matter to me but it makes sense that Felicity and Diggle lead since they've been doing this the longest. Diggle probably has the most leadership experience though.

Yeah, I figure he'll have the final say in what goes down. I think it'll be kind of the way it was before, with Diggle taking Oliver's spot as far as making decisions goes.

When she took the lead bringing Team Arrow and Team Flash together

That happened the moment Oliver came to Starling...Felicity just convinced Oliver to continue...and allowed Barry to be shot.

She takes initiative but that just seems like a good team player to me. Not a leader. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I figure he'll have the final say in what goes down. I think it'll be kind of the way it was before, with Diggle taking Oliver's spot as far as making decisions goes.

Yeah it will be him and Felicity talking it out then he gets final say

That happened the moment Oliver came to Starling...Felicity just convinced Oliver to continue...and allowed Barry to be shot.

She takes initiative but that just seems like a good team player to me. Not a leader.

Good thing MG said she'd be a co-lead with Diggle. You know, like a team.

• Love 2

I guess to me, she shows leadership every time she tells Oliver/Diggle/Roy what to do on a mission, where to go, whom to seek out... They listen to her when they're on missions. She takes control because without Felicity, Oliver/Diggle/Roy go in to the whole thing blind. 

Also, you can see her leadership in episode 9 when she yells "Stop it, both of you" to Diggle and Oliver. She stops them from squabbling, she comes up with a plan, Oliver listens. 

And sometimes, in moments of adversity, that's when one's leadership truly starts to show. Maybe Felicity and Diggle will power through this adversity as a team and co-lead

ALSO, you can't be a VP of any company and not have leadership skills. I'm just sayin'

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9

I'm more interested in the reaction of the upcoming episodes than I am about the episodes themselves.

THIS!

I have decided that I won't watch the episodes till OQ returns... the I'll binge watch the episodes I missed.

In the meantime, I will keep visiting this forum to read the entertaining feedback/reactions/analysis etc. It should be fun. :)

• Love 2

Replying in the Felicity thread.

I'd concede to that point if Felicity was in any way qualified to be VP. 

Ranked 2nd National Informative Technology competition at Age 19. Graduated M.I.T with Masters Degrees in Cyber Security and Computer Sciences.  

I think she might be just a little qualified.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 14

No MBA.

She was simply in the IT department when we met her.  So...good with computers. Equipped to help lead a multi-million dollar corporation? 

Not so much

I can point out many successful people (some of whom are now billionaires) who've never gotten an MBA so that point is sort of invalid.

And being the VP of the applied science division doesn't necessarily means she takes on all of the business aspects of the corporation. It probably means that she takes on all of the tech stuff. Sort of like being the CIO.

However, I don't think you can make assumptions about her job without knowing her job description. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 11

No MBA.

She was simply in the IT department when we met her.  So...good with computers. Equipped to help lead a multi-million dollar corporation? 

Not so much

In a company like Palmer Tech. VP's do not help run the company. They help run divisions within the company.  So Felicity running the Applied Sciences division is completely within in her skill set.

Edited to correct her job title.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 5

And who else is going to be the leader? Clearly laurel has no ability to lead a group of vigilantes. Diggle will be in the field. Roy is a side kick. That leaves Felicity who has taken the lead to rebuild the lair, get proper equipment for the lair, get the Flash to help Oliver when he was dying and other things that other have mentioned.

I don't really see what she has not done to be a leader. Seems to me she leads by example, like all the time.

• Love 4

Like Steve Jobs when he started his company?  Some people have an MBA, some people have the skills without the paper.  (My brother has an MBA and so far, it hasn't made him any smarter or grounded in reality or able to lead people)

Felicity  has an IT VP position.  An MBA would just be a lot of useless stuff she wouldn't use in her division.  We know Oliver didn't have an MBA and I doubt Moira had one either and she ran QC for years.

In the academic and medical world, PhD's and MD run large organizations with less organizational or people skills than Felicity has.

• Love 7

No MBA.

Not so much

No all VPs/high level executives have MBA's. She has her master's. Her being 'simply' in the IT department doesn't mean she can't also become VP.  Her academic credentials alone mean she was probably overqualified in that 'regular IT' position. Her skill set was well known by the CEO (Walter) so that's saying a lot, too.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 5

Regarding Felicity being "mad as hell" in episode 12. THANK GOD. Because asking Malcolm for help is ridiculously stupid

Doesn't he say that's at the end? When a certain man she loves is possibly popping up? I fear MG isn't even give us Olicity any happy reunion at all

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

I'm wondering now if Felicity does peace out at the end of 3x12. Not that I would blame her if they team up with Malcolm. Makes sense to me. Maybe we find out what she feels in her exit speech to the Team.

What I would HATE, is Oliver coming back and siding with Malcolm and that's what really causes Felicity to lose it. 

I love an angry Felicity. I'm happy regardless of the circumstances.

I do too when it's warranted. I'm not saying she has no right to be mad at Oliver lol.

I'm wondering now if Felicity does peace out at the end of 3x12. Not that I would blame her if they team up with Malcolm. Makes sense to me. Maybe we find out what she feels in her exit speech to the Team.

What I would HATE, is Oliver coming back and siding with Malcolm and that's what really causes Felicity to lose it.

If she does peace out I really hope they grovel to get her back she is needed in more than one way. I do NOT want her in scenes with Ray only. Oliver would be a Goddamn fool to side with Malcolm but so would anyone else

I'm cautious about an angry Felicity directed at Oliver. Not that she wouldn't have reason too if she found out he was alive that whole time and didn't try to get in touch with them. I just didn't want an angry reunion scene. It brings back memories of the awful Laurel and Oliver reunion in S1. Of course, I recognize that they are completely different characters and completely different circumstances. 

Wait-and-See Mode. 

• Love 3

If Oliver continues to have anything other than contempt and blind rage towards Malcolm, I might peace out with Felicity - presuming that's what she does. 

I don't exactly understand why Felicity would only be mad at Oliver for being only mostly dead though. This is all a guess but I'm thinking he's not staying away for kicks, he's staying away because he was stabbed multiple times. Oh man, this ep is 3 weeks away??

• Love 4

No all VPs/high level executives have MBA's. She has her master's. Her being 'simply' in the IT department doesn't mean she can't also become VP.  

Good point.  In my field, having an MSc implied having the credentials to lead a team.  We don't get an extra Masters degree unless you want to change fields.

I really really hope it's the loonies who want to join forces with Malcolm that she's mad at.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Ditto but when it comes to Laurel, I always wanted the villain to win like Sebastian Blood in season 2. BTW, the writer who wrote that line should be kicked in the gut by Laurel Lance for writing that line - vigilante style.

If anyone had any right to utter that line, it is Barry Allen and he is in the same universe!

• Love 1

I think Felicity being "mad as hell" at Oliver if/when he comes back in 3x12 is really just another way (roadblock) to keep O/F apart until May sweeps. I just hope it makes sense/is in character.

Felicity has already dealt with one man she loves (and who loved her) "dying" on her, and her father left her at an early age. Back in 2x13 (?) she told Oliver she was scared to lose him and he told her "that would never happen". Except it did, and he too "died" on her after telling her he loved her. I can see her being mad at him for that (at least a bit in what I assume will be a confused emotional state?) but I also think it will be because of whatever happens with Malcolm in the same episode.