Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I hope it's ok to post this here, it seems to be an Arrow/Flash related Spoiler.

http://www.eonline.com/news/559107/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-the-walking-dead-orange-is-the-new-black-the-good-wife-revenge-and-more?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

Olivia: Please tell me we will get to see Felicity on The Flash! I like her with Barry, not Oliver!

Relax, Arrow and The Flash are definitely not going to shy away from some travel between Starling City and Central City. "There are going to be crossovers from both shows," Grant Gustin spilled, adding that fans may see a cross-show love triangle. "It's sounding like that's what they're building up for."

Say, what now?

Oliver/Felicity/Ray? Oliver/Felicity/Barry? Barry/Felicity/Ray? Barry/Oliver/Ray?

WTF?!

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

This isn't quite the Felicity backstory I was looking forward to at all.

the Arrow cast is already crowded.  And the list of S3 plots is already long and cramped. 

The showrunners just can't help themselves, and it's very frustrating.  and a turn off.

• Love 1

This isn't quite the Felicity backstory I was looking forward to at all.

the Arrow cast is already crowded.  And the list of S3 plots is already long and cramped. 

The showrunners just can't help themselves, and it's very frustrating.  and a turn off.

Hopefully this one has nothing to do with her. And hopefully GG's wrong, because I'm interested in The Flash and I'll probably watch it, but nothing will piss me off more than having to watch one show in order to find out what happens with a storyline I'm following from another.

• Love 2

I really would not put much trust in spoilers from Kristin De Santo on E. She has a history of using old quotes and cutting them in new ways to generate buzz on her page. This spoiler screams last season when the B/F/O triangle was being hinted at.

• Love 3

I'd like it a whole lot better if Felicity were visiting Central City to see Caitlin and Cisco (and Barry-as-a-concerned-friend, I guess), not because of some trite love interest reasons. So could Felicity be used as a way to make Iris jealous, while simultaneously making Oliver jealous with Ray? I'm grossed out by the thought of all of this. She's supposed to be a person, not a prop. I half think the Arrow creators just see dollar signs when they look at Felicity at this point.

• Love 7

Most probably Oliver will be his consistent bang-every-actress-on-every-show-and-crossovers (if she moves) self and will leave his mark on some woman with a dark past in Flash as well.

LOL at all the scenarios mentioned above.

• Love 1

Crossovers, yeah that I believe. There is no way the showrunners could resist that. Love triangle crossovers, assuming this is Felicity related, not sure I buy that and I definitely don't want it. I mean what a mess that would be.  Felicity/Oliver/Barry/Ray? and Barry/Felicity/Iris/Caitlin? or maybe they will throw them all together Felicity/Barry/Oliver/Ray/Iris/Caitlin. 

Although I do think it is hilarious that for two seasons, Felicity's only real romantic entanglement was a guy in a coma in another city and now all the sudden she "supposedly" will be romantically involved with three superheroes...Arrow, Flash and Atom.LOL!

• Love 2
(edited)

I really would not put much trust in spoilers from Kristin De Santo on E. She has a history of using old quotes and cutting them in new ways to generate buzz on her page. This spoiler screams last season when the B/F/O triangle was being hinted at.

I hope this is right and the interview/quote is from back when they filmed the Flash pilot, which was during the 2.19 filming.

Edited by Morrigan2575

what about Sara/Nyssa/Barry 

That's way too much woman(s) for poor Barry to handle. Besides, I don't think Nyssa likes to share...although I have a feeling she'd enjoy some Sara/Nyssa/Felicity time.

• Love 2

According to the Flash pilot Central City is 600 miles from Starling City that's almost like driving from Washington DC to New York twice round trip each way. The logistics alone of having 2 characters date on one show an the other character react to it on his show is impossible to wrap my mind around. And with the distance the only way to do that is to have Felicity leave Starling and the writers are not letting their cash cow wander away from Arrow unless the Flash bombs. I wouldn't believe this at all.

(edited)

I don't think this qualifies as a cross over but isn't the police officer (or whatever) that Iris is interested in supposed to be a former member of the SCPD?  I think originally Felicity (per GB in a Digital Spy interview months ago) was supposed to be the main cross over star but I had wondered if that had changed when Arrow was in the pilot and they brought on Ray Palmer as O's rival.  They said Felicity's love interest but maybe he's for Laurel? Ha! If I remember correctly KL didn't know that she was reading for CL's love interest until she got there.  Of course, if what I said is true the triangle better be B/F/O not R/L/O (EW! Forget I even mentioned anything ;-) I actually think they want B&O to be friends not rivals though.

My desired triangle: O/QC/R

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

Love triangles don't bother me much as long as it looks like one of the people involved is just a temporary delay to keep the other two apart.  I do, however, resent it when a show tries to get viewers by doing crossovers.  Chicago Fire and Chicago PD did this the entire season and all it did was piss me off.  Besides, unless both shows share the same writers, I'm not sure that the Flash writers will be able to portray the Arrow crossover characters in a manner that is consistent with the way that they are written on their own show.  I'm not even sure that Oliver was very much like Oliver in the Flash pilot, if that makes any sense.

I'm not even sure that Oliver was very much like Oliver in the Flash pilot, if that makes any sense.

I actually think/hope that was done on purpose. Things at the beginning of s3 are looking up for Oliver so he has a few reasons to be happy and relaxed. He really needs some down time. But I imagine that will change moving into the season.

• Love 1

That makes no sense. I really do hope that quote was taken out of context. Because while I thought Barry and Felicity was adorable, he has his own thing going on his own show, and if they put Felicity in the middle of yet another comics couple, they're eventually going to end up causing a backlash against her.

And I suspect they're already going to do a Oliver/Felicity/Ray triangle on Arrow this season, so why add Barry to that? Makes no sense.

(edited)

Although I do think it is hilarious that for two seasons, Felicity's only real romantic entanglement was a guy in a coma in another city and now all the sudden she "supposedly" will be romantically involved with three superheroes...Arrow, Flash and Atom.LOL!

Felicity has a 'type'.  At least it would  make up for the way the show dropped her mid s2 for me.

It's a spoiler from Kristin.  In her earlier incarnation as "Wanda", she used to be called 'Wrongda' because she got it wrong so often.

EBR has said that the only person from Arrow that is planned to turn up in Central City is Oliver because they want The Flash to stand on its own as a show.  (I'm glad because I hate that you have to watch Chicago PD to find out the rest of the story on Chicago Fire's characters.)  Given that, I can see Felicity visiting Barry when her relationship with Ray ends for some comfort but by then he'll already be involved in his own love triangles.  I'm not worrying.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

I had wondered if that had changed when Arrow was in the pilot and they brought on Ray Palmer as O's rival. They said Felicity's love interest but maybe he's for Laurel? Ha! If I remember correctly KL didn't know that she was reading for CL's love interest until she got there.

Excellent point.

Edited by At Leisure
(edited)

Ok if anybody wants to send questions for Arrow at SDCC they need to tweet @CW_Arrow with the question and add the hashtag #AskArrow

Have questions for #Arrow? Use #AskArrow to have them answered by the cast at Comic-Con® 2014! #CWSDCC #WBSDCC

BsmyzajCEAEKSCX.png

Edited by Velocity23

Matt Mitovich interviewed Greg Berlanti about season 3: http://tvline.com/2014/07/15/arrow-season-3-oliver-felicity-romance/

Relevant quotes:

the Arrow EP said that the next Big Bad will “feel different” from Season 2′s Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke. That said, the incoming adversary “has some personal elements of connectivity to Oliver, which we’ll learn about” — in part via flashbacks, Berlanti allowed. “Hopefully, fans of the DC Universe will be really pleased by who it is.”

Speaking of the show’s flashback device, Berlanti said that Season 3 will “not just flash back from Oliver’s perspective.” As the hit drama has done on rare occasion with the likes of Laurel and Diggle, “There’s some backstory stuff that’s going to come out for some of the other characters.”

One provocative Season 3 plot point that will very much take place in the here and now, meanwhile, involves Oliver, a certain blonde beauty and the popping of a question.

As revealed in the official logline for Season 3, “with Arrow now a hero,” crime down in Starling City and while “basking in his success,” “Oliver believes he can finally have a private life and asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) out on a date.”

Berlanti told TVLine that rather than standing alone as a brief blurb within a larger logline, there’s a “better context” for the proposition in question.  But yes, it is happening.

“They’re real characters to us, and they had that conversation on the beach, and they had that conversation in the house to help capture Slade,” Berlanti reminds. “So the question you have to ask is: Does Oliver have real, genuine emotions for her? And how aware is he of that? And how aware does he make her of that? That is an active part of the season this year.”

So, the big bad is Ra's, right? :)

• Love 2

Berlanti told TVLine that rather than standing alone as a brief blurb within a larger logline, there’s a “better context” for the proposition in question.  But yes, it is happening.

“They’re real characters to us, and they had that conversation on the beach, and they had that conversation in the house to help capture Slade,” Berlanti reminds. “So the question you have to ask is: Does Oliver have real, genuine emotions for her? And how aware is he of that? And how aware does he make her of that? That is an active part of the season this year.”

That's interesting. Would he go on a date if he didn't have feelings? Or is the date meant to illuminate his feelings. And what did he mean the proposition has a better context.

Slade to me had a very physical presence. As much as he dropped truth bombs during the Deathstroke episode, he was a very physical character. I imagine the new one will be more mental and emotionally taxing.

Poor Oliver. Does anyone else feel like this man is suffering through a second bout of 5 year island?

• Love 3

Matt Mitovich interviewed Greg Berlanti about season 3: http://tvline.com/2014/07/15/arrow-season-3-oliver-felicity-romance/

Relevant quotes:

So, the big bad is Ra's, right? :)

I really hope so. That would be (or could be, I should say) amazing.

I know these fools talk out of both sides of their mouths, but I thought before that 'willpower' drug would play a part in the date thing, and now I really think it will. If those are the questions for season two, no way is he asking her out for real before he knows the answers.

• Love 1

Berlanti is an overall ideas man for the show while MG and AK write the scripts while Berlanti runs his other shows so hopefully I can trust him for the big picture.  I'm surprised he agreed to an interview though, I don't think he's done one for the show yet.

“So the question you have to ask is: Does Oliver have real, genuine emotions for her? And how aware is he of that? And how aware does he make her of that? That is an active part of the season this year.”

Yes to the first two, because after last season's finale he must be aware of it.  As to making her aware, I'm not holding my breath till season 3's finale.

The "larger logline" suggests that it will be tied into the willpower drug somehow rather than a McKenzie Hall type of date.

600 miles? That's easy. Barry could run back and forth between Starling and Central for a night out with Felicity and Iris at the same time.

his ability to run that fast makes him a perfect guy to cheat on his girlfriend. I mean he tells her that he is just going to gym for a couple of hours. Now that he has bas, he has to maintain them - then he jogs over to Starling, watch a movie with another girl and goes back. No toll taxes or airline tickets that will reveal his cheating ways. There should be an episode about how being the fastest man alive helps Barry cheat his way around many women in both Starling and Central City.

(edited)

The adversary having personal elements could mean that he'll be connected with either Oliver's past or maybe Thea or both.

I hope there are back story flashbacks for Felicity. God knows how she needs a back story to maker her character even more solid.

I don't even know what the 'better context' means but somehow these two words are making me uncomfortable. As for the questions we need to ask...well if the first one has a negative answer then the next two are rendered moot, aren't they?

So I'm going with YES Oliver has feelings for Felicity (dunno how real or genuine they are) and YES he will be aware of them (again dunno if he'll be really cognizant of their depth) BUT NO, he'll not let her become aware and thus begins the slowburn.

*Squeals* I'm all in :D

Edited by At Leisure

I think if I had to trust any of the EPs, it would be GB.

that being said, I think the bad guy will be Ra's, definitely.  I'm going to be very very disappointed if it isn't.

I also think it's interesting that this interview then turned to Oliver and Felicity - instead of any of the other stuff that's brewing (status of QC, Thea, parenthood, Laurel, Sara).  Perhaps there's far more to the interview and this is just a portion that's being released right now.  Not the first time that will have happened.

As for Oliver's feelings, I think a drug-induced admission of feelings is going to go over with a lot of fans like a box of bricks.  Not a good idea.  The 'ruse' in the mansion was risky, this would just be ridiculous and could turn many fans off in a hurry.

• Love 2

As for Oliver's feelings, I think a drug-induced admission of feelings is going to go over with a lot of fans like a box of bricks.  Not a good idea.  The 'ruse' in the mansion was risky, this would just be ridiculous and could turn many fans off in a hurry.

It's risky, and I think the only way they can get away with it is if he admits right after (like, same episode right after) to Diggle that his feelings for her are real, but he doesn't think he should pursue it for whatever reason (at this point, there are several really good, totally valid reasons).

• Love 2

That's my problem too because it seems like repetition. I was fooled once, fool me twice may turn viewers off because it just seems like teasing then.

Funnily enough I read a fanfic with that exact scenario where Oliver could not deny his feelings because of a truth serum. He didn't say a word. Just looked at Felicity.

I'll be very disappointed if they pull the drug trope. You can do one of the fake kiss, fake I love you and fake date....it's just ridiculous to do a fake ILY followed by a drunk date.

Im curious what is it about this interview that has people saying yep, the Big Bad is 100% Ra's Al Ghul?

I'll be very disappointed if they pull the drug trope. You can do one of the fake kiss, fake I love you and fake date....it's just ridiculous to do a fake ILY followed by a drunk date.

Im curious what is it about this interview that has people saying yep, the Big Bad is 100% Ra's Al Ghul?

See, if they do this, I don't think they'll actually go on the date, I think he'd just ask. It's repetitive and stupid and I don't want it, but Berlanti saying there's better context for Oliver asking Felicity on a date means that he's not asking her because he just wants to go out on a date with her, there's something else going on. And I'm just trying to prepare myself for whatever idiocy that is.

But didn't the synopsis say something like he finally believes he can have a private life and asks her out. That seems fairly straight forward. They might not reach said date because of reasons, but false pretence date sounds too cruel. And that after the fake ILY.

Double whammy like that would deserve backlash.

(edited)

But didn't the synopsis say something like he finally believes he can have a private life and asks her out. That seems fairly straight forward. They might not reach said date because of reasons, but false pretence date sounds too cruel. And that after the fake ILY.

Double whammy like that would deserve backlash.

It is straight forward. That's why this part of the article is strange: Berlanti told TVLine that rather than standing alone as a brief blurb within a larger logline, there’s a “better context” for the proposition in question.  But yes, it is happening.

If he asks her on a date because he thinks he can finally have a private life and wants to go on a date with her, we don't need any better context. To me, the 'better context' comment means that it's not actually a date (whether because someone's drugged, or someone doesn't realize it's a date or whatever reason, IDK). It just suggests that there's something else going on, which would ultimately be another 'trick.'

Edited by apinknightmare