Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I don't think them hanging out was PR. I'm not sure I would consider the tweets PR either. At most I could see SA making an 2 sec effort to show they are friends off screen so don't be mean to his friends or something.

When I think of social media PR, I think of KC's goodbye brunch.  When KC shows up two hours after everyone else and then its an flood of social media all about how much they adore her.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yep. Echo, Juliana, and (sometimes) Rick all seem like lovely people IRL. But their characters are trash and I don't ever want them in the bunker again.

This. I have nothing against the actors at all (though RG maybe needs to learn how to interact with fans on social media better) but I want them gone. I just don't see why OTA would ever and should ever work with such awful people ever again. Not to mention the newbies take away from the characters I'm actually invested in so I'm done and that's never gonna change.

Edited by Guest
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

All the positive tweeting and chumming around in the world wouldn’t be enough to undo what the show has done to them. 

For me as well. I was trying to remember which scene with LL made me completely done with that character, and I think it was when she dismissed Diggle and Felicity in the Arrowcave. These three dumbassess have done so much worse than that, and if they never appeared on Arrow again, it would be too soon for me. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

The timing is hilarious though. Since on Saturday JH got into some heated discussion for posting a pic from the March that wasnt hers and not crediting the source. 

On twitter? I don't see anything? Did she delete it? 

As much as I like Stephen, his tweeting about his co-stars doesn’t change my deep desire for Curtis, Dinah and Rene to be out by the end of the season.

The writing has inflicted too much damage on them and I don’t think there is a quick fix solution that will satisfy me enough to want them back on the team.

• Love 3

"Theres a big wedge coming between Oliver and Diggle, which is kind of the only member of his team in the field that hasn't left him..... and Diggle's always been a big rock for him, like Felicity, and um it gets a little bad for them in the coming episodes" 

https://www.etalk.ca/TV/video/How-Stephen-Amells-daughter-helps-him-on-the-Arrow-set-vid1356584

This is probably for episode 617. This fight might be the lead on for Oliver's fractured state in 618. I hope their arguments aren't over Diggle wanting to be the Green Arrow, truthfully they've done a very poor job of fleshing out why he isn't satisfied with being Spartan. They dropped it for numerous episodes and was only briefly mentioned in 615. 

• Love 2

As much as I REALLY do not want a storyline with Dig and Oliver at odds (especially over Dig wanting to be GA which is so random!) I will roll around with laughter if it is done with nuance unlike the way the three losers were handled.

• Love 4

It would be so stupid if they have Oliver and Diggle fight about who's GA. Unless they have Diggle actually explain why he wants it so badly other than "well, when the aliens brainwashed us, I was the Green Arrow and I'm just conveniently forgetting that's all I had in that world. Sorry, Lyla and JJ." An explanation might make it all worth it. 

• Love 2

In that etalk video he also says that everyone is guessing wrong about what happens to Oliver in 618: 

“There’s an episode that’s coming up after the fallout of Oliver and Diggle’s interaction that very Oliver centric. It explores the underbelly of his subconscious and all the things that he’s dealing with. Whether ppl have left him because he’s a bad leader, or ppl have left him because they’re dealing with their own issues and that episode is crazy...I posted lots of photos...People are guessing...all wrong.”

6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

In that etalk video he also says that everyone is guessing wrong about what happens to Oliver in 618: 

“There’s an episode that’s coming up after the fallout of Oliver and Diggle’s interaction that very Oliver centric. It explores the underbelly of his subconscious and all the things that he’s dealing with. Whether ppl have left him because he’s a bad leader, or ppl have left him because they’re dealing with their own issues and that episode is crazy...I posted lots of photos...People are guessing...all wrong.”

I’m fairly convinced it’ll be due to hallucinations induced by something. I noticed in the interview he specifically referred to people guessing “island flashbacks”, but not much else. He always says that people guess things wrong, when in reality fandom often figures out the plot relatively quickly. Arrow can be predictable to a fault at times.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

he also says that everyone is guessing wrong about what happens to Oliver in 618: 

Again with using what was said regarding the Flash EP's response to (probably) Dawn Allen: Never say everyone is wrong, odds are someone out on the internet is right about it and you hadn't looked hard enough.

Back to the actual teases though, I'm still excited for this episode, although I wonder if it's just Oliver's insecurities about being a bad leader instead of them randomly acknowledging that he's a bad leader, since they hadn't brought that up at all this whole season. Plus the idea that he's just unsettled because of everyone else's issues sounds more interesting and makes more sense at this point.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Back to the actual teases though, I'm still excited for this episode, although I wonder if it's just Oliver's insecurities about being a bad leader instead of them randomly acknowledging that he's a bad leader, since they hadn't brought that up at all this whole season. Plus the idea that he's just unsettled because of everyone else's issues sounds more interesting and makes more sense at this point.

Agreed, I hope it’s about everyone’s issues and not Oliver falling back into his “I’m the worst so I need to push everyone away” mode. And I really, really hope that Dig isn’t the one who puts it in his head that he’s a bad leader, because that would have come from nowhere. Yeah, throughout the season Dig advised Oliver to cut the newbies more slack, but he always ended up following Oliver’s lead. The last thing I need to see is Dig siding with them during his fight with Oliver. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Agreed, I hope it’s about everyone’s issues and not Oliver falling back into his “I’m the worst so I need to push everyone away” mode. And I really, really hope that Dig isn’t the one who puts it in his head that he’s a bad leader, because that would have come from nowhere. Yeah, throughout the season Dig advised Oliver to cut the newbies more slack, but he always ended up following Oliver’s lead. The last thing I need to see is Dig siding with them during his fight with Oliver. 

I think it'll be a mix but more leaning towards everyone's issues affecting him. Like, Oliver is going to feel all tense and angry and upset and etc., but it's going to be from everyone's issues that are piling up on Oliver (Thea left at his suggestion, the city's in danger not from an enemy looking for revenge, the newbies are mad at him after he wanted to start over, he's going to be indicted for trying to save the city, now Diggle's mad at him likely because Oliver might decide that he actually wants to be a hero or that he doesn't want Diggle to bear the weight of the mantle). At this point Oliver actually hasn't done anything wrong this time around (except in 609, which at this point he has apologized for and even the narrative has at least moved to the point where this is not entirely his fault if not mostly on the newbies) and yet people are still mad at him and things are still going wrong. Diggle getting mad at him (which I don't think he'll align with them per se, unless Oliver is actually captured and then Diggle does get to lead a team to save him) would probably be the pushing point for him to lash out at, ironically, the only parts of his life that aren't going wrong (Felicity and William, at least at this point), and then go on a psychological journey.

• Love 1

I'm leaning more toward Helena seeing as she was mentioned earlier in the season. Plus they probably want some BOP stuff. ?

Did we really need either of them back when we only have 3 episodes left in the season?

As for the Oliver/Diggle wedge, can't say I'm looking forward to that purely because Diggle wanting to be GA makes no sense whatsoever. I hope 617 sheds some light on his reasonings but I feel like it's gonna be half-assed as far as explanations go. IDK why being GA is so different to being Spartan. He's still out in the field. Meh.

Edited by Guest

I’m not betting on either of them. Theperson who saw this woman said she had light brown hair. Has either of them changed color recently? I’d sooner go for ST, whose hair color mostly varies between blonde and light brown. And I’m not even betting on her.

There is a competition going on right now for who I am least excited about seeing!

All I want is EBR people! She's already on your payroll! Let me see the precious cupcake and stop wasting money on people I don't give a F about! 

• Love 16

I can't think of any actress on the show who has light brown hair. They're all dark. Evelyn, Samantha, Helena, McKenna. LOL. 

I'm still leaning towards Helena tbh, purely because she has been mentioned this season.

Edited by Guest

It would make sense for Shady Susie's research into Oliver to play a part in some kind of prosecution. But I'd rather the show just drop that plot line like it does so many others than to have a reminder of what an utter moron he was with her. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It would make sense for Shady Susie's research into Oliver to play a part in some kind of prosecution. But I'd rather the show just drop that plot line like it does so many others than to have a reminder of what an utter moron he was with her

This. The only way I'll accept seeing (or even hearing about) Susan again is if Oliver goes, "I'm sorry I was such an idiot last year." We better not have to suffer through hearing even once how she's a "good person" or a "good reporter," on-screen or in interviews. (Hey, there's an upside to no interviews this season!) 

• Love 4

@Cleanqueen she just posted a pic of her dog, so if it's a current pic she could be back. That said, the Carly Pope thing is way more annoying, therefore, makes more sense. 

I can see them bringing her in to testify against Oliver, and her being butthurt over their breakup.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I legitimately laughed so hard. For some reason I'm not even mad, just laughing.

Poor KP, always on CP alert.

Noooooo! That means we're getting an "I am Iron Man" moment. No want, no want ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5

Arrow writers, probably: "What can we do to make this season even worse after all this newbies nonsense? Let's bring back one of the worst parts of s5!" ?

In seriousness, I get why they're bringing her back. She has evidence that Oliver is GA but didn't write a story on it. So either he's gonna give Shady Susan an exclusive "I am the GA" story or she's testifying in some way. Though an identity reveal seems like something you'd end the season on, not in 621 so IDK.

Edited by Guest
59 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

In seriousness, I get why they're bringing her back. She has evidence that Oliver is GA but didn't write a story on it. So either he's gonna give Shady Susan an exclusive "I am the GA" story or she's testifying in some way. Though an identity reveal seems like something you'd end the season on, not in 621 so IDK.

Is it weird that I actually don't mind her coming back? She makes way more sense than bringing back Huntress or McKenna at this point in the season. And now that her character's whole purpose isn't just "relationship stall" they might actually figure out a way to have her contribute to the plot this time. They planted all of those scenes last year about her investigating Oliver and then then did absolutely nothing with it. So her doing finally threatening to use the evidence she uncovered may make her SL in S5 seem less useless retroactively (ha - probably not, though). If she does end up going against Oliver, I want Felicity and Dig to give him *such* a hard time over trusting her last year.

I wonder if that image DR just shared is from 617, or if they're shooting new flashbacks for him in 621?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Is it weird that I actually don't mind her coming back? She makes way more sense than bringing back Huntress or McKenna at this point in the season. And now that her character's whole purpose isn't just "relationship stall" they might actually figure out a way to have her contribute to the plot this time. They planted all of those scenes last year about her investigating Oliver and then then did absolutely nothing with it. So her doing finally threatening to use the evidence she uncovered may make her SL in S5 seem less useless retroactively (ha - probably not, though). If she does end up going against Oliver, I want Felicity and Dig to give him *such* a hard time over trusting her last year.

I mean, I'd rather forget she even exists tbh. She was an awful character who made Oliver awful too and didn't amount to anything in s5. But as I said, I get why they're bringing her back.

The trouble is the writers and SA all said that she wasn't bad or shady and yet everything I saw on screen said otherwise. I'd love it if she did turn out to be truly horrible and would prove both Felicity and Thea right in that Oliver never should have trusted her but I doubt that will happen. Sadly. I feel like they'll want to stick with their "she's not bad, she's not another Isabel!" spiel so I don't think she'll be threatening to use the evidence. She's probably there to help Oliver in some way. 

Edited by Guest
23 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I mean, I'd rather forget she even exists tbh. She was an awful character who made Oliver awful too and didn't amount to anything in s5. But as I said, I get why they're bringing her back.

The trouble is the writers and SA all said that she wasn't bad or shady and yet everything I saw on screen said otherwise. I'd love it if she did turn out to be truly horrible and would prove both Felicity and Thea right in that Oliver never should have trusted her but I doubt that will happen. Sadly. I feel like they'll want to stick with their "she's not bad, she's not another Isabel!" spiel so I don't think she'll be threatening to use the evidence. She's probably there to help Oliver in some way. 

Yes to being an awful character.

I want her to be as shady as we all thought she was when she was on last season, backstabbing Thea and being an Oliver antagonist.  If they're going to have Oliver be right about her being a good guy, I'd rather not seen her. At. All.

I'd love it if she were the real Big Bad and set up the killing of Cayden James' son. The timeline fits with Oliver dumping her.

• Love 5