Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Per KP, BS is working with the bad guys and killing people in the episode they are filming now. I wonder if her play gets blown early or if Lance is going to be all 'she's a work progress'.

Lance will probably say BS can be good even if she kills a member of the team. "We just need to remind her who Laurel was. Even though she's not Laurel. Here, I have another photo to show her." 

31 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just went over to reddit and dear god, the comments about BS redemption and Lauriver. 

But that aside, spoiler guy answered a Q and apparently Raisa's been watching Zoe? Seriously? 

They never learn. How does Reddit spend countless hours bemoaning the awfulness of Marc because he won't give them their comic canon Green Arrow Black Canary romance, and then when given the meagrest of crumbs that aren't really crumbs, convince themselves they are going to get their comic canon Green Arrow and Black Canary romance even though they've never been given it? 

5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why would Oliver ask Siren who killed Cayden? She was with Quentin the entire time. Can the writers not remember timelines?

She could've known about the plan to do it to at least give him a name, even if she wasn't involved or present, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Per KP, BS is working with the bad guys and killing people in the episode they are filming now. I wonder if her play gets blown early or if Lance is going to be all 'she's a work progress'.

6x19 and still killing. Doesn't leave a lot of time for redemption. I'm thinking she either dies or gets shipped back to Earth 2. 

(edited)
59 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Curtis having to visit Zoe to tell her that Rene is gone. WTF. 

OMG, yes, ”I did it for my kid” Rene can’t even bother calling his daughter that he’s peacing out? Isn’t she living with him? WTF? Zoe was just abandoned in an apartment like Roy was left in that puddle? I suppose they can just send her to Felicity as well. 

“You took care of my daughter when I abandoned her without a word. This doesn’t change anything.” 

Looks like another episode I will be enjoying through the live thread. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

LOL, the people on Reddit are beyond deluded. They're still going to dream of a Lauriver endgame even after Oliver and Felicity have children of their own. 

I know you can't make sense out of nonsense, but I'd love to hear someone explain why the writers had Oliver and Felicity get married if Lauriver is endgame? Just so it would twist the knife harder for Olicity fans when he left Felicity for NotLaurel? LOL. I almost want to feel sorry for these people, but when they keep punching themselves in the face this way, I have to assume they just enjoy it.

• Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

As much as I want Felicity's company discussed on screen, it makes absolutely  no sense with the mess they are writing. And I rather have her actually do something then just say she is working on it. They sabotaged the storyline and gave us crumbs in the beginning because they knew this would happen in 6B.

I feel the same way. A lot of people in the fandom had a big debate this weekend on Twitter about whether or not the cookie scene in last week's episode diminished her character (for the record, I think no), but the writers clearly have very little time for anyone right now who doesn't have a sonic scream. I'd love for them to include a line or two about how she's restructuring post-Curtis, but not really get into it until we've cleared this mid-season mess. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, KenyaJ said:

I know you can't make sense out of nonsense, but I'd love to hear someone explain why the writers had Oliver and Felicity get married if Lauriver is endgame? Just so it would twist the knife harder for Olicity fans when he left Felicity for NotLaurel? LOL. I almost want to feel sorry for these people, but when they keep punching themselves in the face this way, I have to assume they just enjoy it.

I mean, I guess I can see holding onto hope to some extent. Katie seems to be interested in sticking around, and who knows how long the show will last. I guess they can always hope that Emily will want out at some point and the last two left standing will be Stephen and Katie so maybe a hand would be forced? As for why Oliver would divorce Felicity, they seem to think that Olicity is the ratings killer and Katie is the show's saving grace, so I guess they hope that TPTB will go with Oliver/Laurel again to regain viewers? That's the best I can tell from reading the threads. 

Then again, they all seem to think that Laurel was killed off so Olicity could happen, when Olicity was happening - and engaged - while Laurel was alive, haha. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Not to defend Rene, but is he even conscious? 

Good point, I check out when these bozos are on screen, is the next episode supposed to be one week after or the next day? 

ETA: Must pick up the next day if have the BS scenes? 

Edited by leopardprint
Just now, Trisha said:

I feel the same way. A lot of people in the fandom had a big debate this about weekend on Twitter whether or not the cookie scene in last week's episode diminished her character (for the record, I think no), but the writers clearly have very little time for anyone right now who doesn't have a sonic scream. I'd love for them to include a line or two about how she's restructuring post-Curtis, but not really get into it until we've cleared this mid-season mess. 

The cookie scene was the only bright spot in that pointless episode :( 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Reddit dude said that Siren looks satisfied when she reads the message from Dragon at the end. 

Bahah I just said to a friend of mine that very question. We'd have to see KC's 'acting" in that scene to see if she's Smug or regretful.  Of course KCs default "acting" is smug so it's still up in the air ?

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean, I guess I can see holding onto hope to some extent. Katie seems to be interested in sticking around, and who knows how long the show will last. I guess they can always hope that Emily will want out at some point and the last two left standing will be Stephen and Katie so maybe a hand would be forced? As for why Oliver would divorce Felicity, they seem to think that Olicity is the ratings killer and Katie is the show's saving grace, so I guess they hope that TPTB will go with Oliver/Laurel again to regain viewers? That's the best I can tell from reading the threads. 

Then again, they all seem to think that Laurel was killed off so Olicity could happen, when Olicity was happening - and engaged - while Laurel was alive, haha. 

I think they'd have Oliver turn gay before they'd go back down the Stephen and Katie black hole  anti chemistry.

But if Emily were to leave I wonder how Reddit would feel if they had Oliver end up with the actual Black Canary on the show. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

The 100th episode alien delusion gave them a lot of hope, IMO. They think Oliver settled for Felicity so he'll get rid of her as soon as he gets his Laurel back. 

13 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I feel the same way. A lot of people in the fandom had a big debate this about weekend on Twitter whether or not the cookie scene in last week's episode diminished her character (for the record, I think no), but the writers clearly have very little time for anyone right now who doesn't have a sonic scream. I'd love for them to include a line or two about how she's restructuring post-Curtis, but not really get into it until we've cleared this mid-season mess. 

I'm not sure how the cookie scene diminished her character (whaaaaaat??) but I think Felicity has been the most negatively affected this season in terms of storyline and lack thereof. And as much as I hope that might change once we get the mid-season crappy episodes out of the way, based on spoilers it seems that Felicity isn't getting anything. Even Diggle has had something in 6a although that's now non-existent probably until his 617 episode. This is all a mess, IMO. If this is what a show about the birds looks like they can keep it. 

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

The cookie scene was the only bright spot in that pointless episode :( 

I thought so too! I get that it sucks that we're getting no traction on Smoak Tech and so little domestic scenes (and the ones they do all seem to revolve around William), but I'm surprised we're even getting that, frankly. Plus, Felicity was a boss in that episode, uncovering the bank footage, finding the bug, yelling at Curtis, jumping in front of a bullet, etc.

When asked if Roy is an Olicity shipper, the Reddit spoiler guy said that he's not sure he knows their married. So I guess it doesn't come up? I was kind of hoping for a cute "sorry I missed your wedding scene."

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Trisha said:

When asked if Roy is an Olicity shipper, the Reddit spoiler guy said that he's not sure he knows their married. So I guess it doesn't come up? I was kind of hoping for a cute "sorry I missed your wedding scene."

Reddit guy never pays attention to Olicity stuff, so we still might. Or maybe in 616? 

1 minute ago, Trisha said:

Ugh I was really hoping for a cute moment where he says he knew it was gonna happen or he says congratulations. Guess not. LOL. 

16 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Do they REALLY think Oliver is going to be confused and fall in love with Not!Laurel as though he's nutso like Quentin? Holy shit. I can't imagine how little they think of Oliver to think that. And you know, he's in love with Felicity and is married to her. I mean short of killing off Felicity, they can't get there from here and even then it takes Oliver being as delusional as poor Quentin.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm not sure how the cookie scene diminished her character (whaaaaaat??) but I think Felicity has been the most negatively affected this season in terms of storyline and lack thereof. And as much as I hope that might change once we get the mid-season crappy episodes out of the way, based on spoilers it seems clear that Felicity isn't getting anything. Even Diggle has had something in 6a although that's now non-existent probably until his 617 episode. This is all a mess, IMO. If this is what a show about the birds looks like they can keep it. 

I agree so much, I mean I don’t care about William but the baking scene was fine on its own. I do think they have reached their quota of Oliver comes home from work to Felicity and William being domestic scenes. There have been four now? I think they can throw some Felicity comes home from meetings to Oliver/William being domestic? Or some Oliver comes home to Felicity working on her company while William sleeps in his converted pantry bedroom while not being visible or really mentioned...

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8
Just now, leopardprint said:

I agree so much, I mean I don’t care about William but the baking scene was fine on its own. I do think they have reached their quota of Oliver comes home from work to Felicity and William being domestic scenes. There have been four now? I think can throw some Felicity comes home from meetings to Oliver/William being domestic? Or some Oliver comes home to Felicity working on her company while William sleeps in his converted pantry bedroom?

I didn’t care about the scene because I can’t connect with William as a character and I can’t help but think if he wasn’t there there would be better scenes because Olicity alone together are great. Still it’s pretty much the same if that scene exists or not, the problem is that there’s nothing about Felicity’s SL. 

• Love 9

The cookie scene was sweet, but I feel like they've shown Felicity taking on the day-to-day role of mother--cooking, homework, babysitting--more so than Oliver. I'm sure "offscreen" Oliver is an active parent,  If she had her company launching I would like the domestic stuff more.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I agree so much, I mean I don’t care about William but the baking scene was fine on its own. I do think they have reached their quota of Oliver comes home from work to Felicity and William being domestic scenes. There have been four now? I think they can throw some Felicity comes home from meetings to Oliver/William being domestic? Or some Oliver comes home to Felicity working on her company while William sleeps in his converted pantry bedroom?

I have zero issues with the cute domestic Olicity/William stuff we've been getting. I've been enjoying this new side to Felicity and Oliver. (I'd like Olicity to be a bit more affectionate/newlywed but that's just my personal shipper preference and doesn't affect how I enjoy their scenes at all.) But I need more for Felicity. A lot more. 

(edited)

I don't get why the cookie scene would bother anyone. Clearly they wanted to have William and Felicity in the same place for time purposes. We get a real example of the budget issue affecting schools from William, and Felicity was right there so that he could pull her away from the cookies to get the info about the money BS stole. And the show has had Oliver being good at the actual cooking (and enjoying it!) so it's not like they were being offensive with gender roles. Seems silly to be upset about it IMO.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

You know there is absolutely nothing stopping them from actually showing a scene of Felicity working on her company when Oliver comes home. The baking scene was cute on its own but it just seems like all olicity scenes with the exception of the honeymoon talk have included William. 

AND WHAT A TRAGEDY IT IS THAT WE HAVE YET TO SEE OLICITY'S BEDROOM.

• Love 17

Yeah, I'm not sure why the cookie thing is even an issue. I feel like I'm missing something. Haha.

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't get why the cookie scene would bother anyone. Clearly they wanted to have William and Felicity in the same place for time purposes. William could tell Oliver that the budget issue was definitely affecting schools, and Felicity was right there so that he could pull her away from the cookies to get the info about the money BS stole. And the show has had Oliver being good at the actual cooking (and enjoying it!) so it's not like they were being offensive with gender roles. Seems silly to be upset about it IMO.

I didn't get it either. I think Felicity, Dig and Thea have all gotten screwed when it comes to storylines/screentime this season (especially in this recent stretch of episodes) so any quick bonding scenes work for me. But people were *mad*. 

When the Reddit guy glossed over the "some Olicity scenes" part, he also mentioned talk of Dig taking the hood back. I wonder if that's talk between Olicity, or if Dig is involved in that conversation? I'd love an OTA scene where they all hash it out. 

• Love 2
Just now, Cleanqueen said:

You know there is absolutely nothing stopping them from actually showing a scene of Felicity working on her company when Oliver comes home. The baking scene was cute on its own but it just seems like all olicity scenes with the exception of the honeymoon talk have included William. 

That would be nice. We don't need to see William all the time and I'd like some solo Olicity scenes. Also sexy times because they're married and their chemistry is too good to keep PG all the time. ☺️

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

. The baking scene was cute on its own but it just seems like all olicity scenes with the exception of the honeymoon talk have included William. 

That’s exactly how I feel. I went from “okay, it works to OMG why does he have to always be there?!!”

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

We have! Felicity went in there while Oliver was packing in the Slade episodes. 

It was Oliver's at that time but I'd like to actually see them use it once in a while now that they're married.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

We have! Felicity went in there while Oliver was packing in the Slade episodes. 

They weren't naked, it doesn't count. LMAO.

(edited)

They wasted too much time on this civil war crap and Quentin being a delusional dumbass. It's weird that I feel like we've hardly seen the villain of the show. Not that I really care about Dragon but still. It's just odd.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Arrow loves repeating storylines even more than it loves Mysons, but have they ever repeated storylines within the same season before? Cayden already built the team, why do we have to spend more time on Dragon basically building the exact same team with bonus BS divided loyalities?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

They said she'd have her own storyline in 6b and I'm yet to see any of it tbh. 

Didn't the EPs go back on this and said S6B was her deepening her relationship with William? She's baking cookies with him. That ought to be enough (she said sarcastically).

• Love 3

Stopping by with my two cents on the endgame debate. How I Met Your Mother now has everyone convinced that their preferred ship can still be endgame no matter what else happens in the actual show. That show spent years building up the mother as this great and epic endgame love only to pull the rug out from under their viewers. It no longer matters what unfolds in the story but what the last image is. To be honest I thought they would do that with Arrow and that’s why Laurel’s death shocked me. I don’t think that anymore, because they’d just resurrect her if it was still the plan, but I get why fans of the ship cling to hope. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't have an issue with the baking scene at all tbh.Like except that I'm sick of William in every olicity scene,that's one of the biggest reasons I didn't want a kid around.I think no one would have had an issue with it if Felicity had a storyline rn but she doesn't so imo people focused their problems with a lack of story for her on that one scene.But I thought the complaints were pretty misplaced.

I seriously don't know what they're doing this season.OTA are the main characters but they're basically being used to further this newbies drama which basically at this point to me seems to be about giving Dinah focus and letting her lead a team.They don't have their own storylines and the stuff they have is all on hold and there doesn't seem to be a plan for them this season.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why the cookie thing is even an issue. I feel like I'm missing something. Haha.

It wasn't, the debate was about the lack of SL for Felicity in S6. Had nothing to do with baking.

FYI the rumor about the non existing "cookie/apron gate" was probably spread by the same people that think being a stepmom is a story line and keep telling FS fans to "wait and see" when it comes to her. 

• Love 2

I don't mean Felicity centric as an entire episode, more so meaningful scenes focused on her.

KP said she seems to be in 6x17 alot in the first half and SA kind of wink winked some good Felicity and Oliver action in 6x18. 

I think they need to get though Thea's exit and the bulk of NTA v OTA and set up of BS's play before Felicity (and Diggle and apparently Oliver) get more focus. 

5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'd say more likely after 619. 617 is Diggle. 618 is Oliver. 619 sounds like a bunch of Dragon stuff. So maybe 620? 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

It wasn't, the debate was about the lack of SL for Felicity in S6. Had nothing to do with baking.

FYI the rumor about the non existing "cookie/apron gate" was probably spread by the same people that think being a stepmom is a story line and keep telling FS fans to "wait and see" when it comes to her. 

It's not a rumor. I saw lots of tweets complaining about the the Felicity scene with William, accusing MG of "punishing" EBR for calling him sexist by taking away her start up company storyline and putting her in an apron and baking in the kitchen. 

Of course since those tweets implied that babysitting and baking was all Felicity did in the episode, and ignored the fact that 1) that scene was meant to get some exposition across about how the city was bankrupt and affected even the schools and 2) Felicity spent the rest of the episode in the field and kicking ass, I can only guess those people didn't actually watch the episode and have no idea what they're talking about.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

It's not a rumor. I saw lots of tweets complaining about the the Felicity scene with William, accusing MG of "punishing" EBR for calling him sexist by taking away her start up company storyline and putting her in an apron and baking in the kitchen. 

Of course since those tweets implied that babysitting and baking was all Felicity did in the episode, and ignored the fact that 1) that scene was meant to get some exposition across about how the city was bankrupt and affected even the schools and 2) Felicity spent the rest of the episode in the field and kicking ass, I can only guess those people didn't actually watch the episode and have no idea what they're talking about.

And those are valid concerns from Felicity fans, look i know there are fans that don't care about FS outside of Olicity. As long as she's with Oliver it's fine, ( cool by me we don't all watch for the same), however there are also fans that have been waiting for a long time for FS to accomplish what her character said, in show (this is canon), it was her dream aka helping others/her company. 

Don't quite understand why the defense of MG, unless you still believe he's the epitome of feminism and would't actually put FS in the kitchen to punish her fans that called him out on twitter, because that's exactly how guys like MG think.

The core problem is not the baking, it's her lack of SL in S6 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

Yup. I'm the one who brought it up here, and though I don't know who originally started the debate on Twitter, I saw a lot of tweets specifically talking about her baking (though the majority of people I follow rejected the idea that seeing her in "mom mode" was a bad thing).

Back to the spoiler guy, he added some more comments, saying that Diaz and Oliver don't actually fight in the episode, and seems to imply that it's unclear at the end of the ep whether BS is evil or not. He's also complaining that Olicity fans hate him because he doesn't include enough about their scenes in his spoilers. :)

• Love 2