Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

They never said that he would be her love interest though. Just that she would have a new love interest. IDK. Maybe the plan was for him to be her new LI, but they were disappointed with the acting and chemistry? or maybe they are planning on bringing Tommy back and they were referring to him.

I think it was said Ted Grant would be Laurel's love interest just because they couldn't say: "He's going to train Laurel after she becomes a bloodthirsty bipolar person due to Sara's death". I don't think he'll actually be in that position.

Ha!  You're probably right, and here I am trying to figure out who the heck it could be.  I mean, I don't really care...just as long as she stays away from Oliver permanently.

I thought they said they were bringing Ted Grant as a LI for Laurel at the DC panel at Comic Con. But I could be mixing different spoilers up :)  

I mean, I don't really care...just as long as she stays away from Oliver permanently.

You and me both :D

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Maybe they have some new coming in the 2nd half?  A lot of people assumed it was Ted Grant because the actor cast was so much younger than he is in the comics. They never said it was.  Or maybe things just didn't work out. 

Hahaha using Oliver and Felicity again for their promos. Just stop now. It's so transparent. I bet that's the only time they talk.

Also, I don't think Laurel's going to be in the right frame of mind for a love interest. This year is all about anger and taking it out on everyone while trying to channel it. She can't do that if she's loved up. 

Saying that, what if Ra's al Ghul comes to town and she doesn't know who he is and they have a thing together. Didn't that happen in the comics?! I'm pretty sure I remember reading that somewhere. Birds of Prey maybe.

Edited by Angel12d

The CW Arrow promo peeps aren't stupid. They'll always post something with Oliver and/or Felicity because they know they are the characters to whom most of the internet fandom portion of the audience gravitates. It's completely misleading, but I get why they do it. It has the potential to backfire on them though if they're not careful. After awhile, the audience will realize it's getting played.

• Love 2

OK...

1) I love Paul Blackthorne - on the show and off screen. He seems to love what he does and who he works with

2) JB makes me smile every single time I see his face. That is a gift

3) Yay for potential Quentin & Felicity stuff!!!!!  I didn't realize how much I missed it until seeing those pics

4) Brandon Routh seems like a very good guy as well as a great sport. I think he's very aware of the fine lines his character is walking and crossing.  I'm far more appreciative of the work he's doing on Arrow than I expected (and it seems far less annoying, somehow? than what he did on Chuck)

That being said, I miss Caity Lotz. #StillBitter

• Love 7

Hmm. So Roy doesn't go to CC? Interesting. I'm excited about the crossover more because there will be focus on the original Team Arrow and I'm in desperate need of them.

How odd that we will probably finally get some good Team Arrow with all three members included and it's on another show.

ETA: apparently the CW Arrow Twitter account retweeted Charlotte Ross, so that seems to confirm that she's coming back! Yippee!!

Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 5

Interesting dynamic between Iris and Oliver?  What?  I'm not sure how to feel about that.  Do I have to watch Barry & Felicity watch Iris & Oliver?  I have a bad feeling now (and it's called season 3).

How odd that we will probably finally get some good Team Arrow with all three members included and it's on another show.

Yeah, I don't understand that either. It happened with Felicity's backstory as well--we learned more in 5 minutes on The Flash than we did on Arrow. Oh well, if The Flash is going to be the place to give me stuff I actually want to see then so be it. I'll watch it instead. ;)

• Love 3

Interesting dynamic between Iris and Oliver?  What?  I'm not sure how to feel about that.  Do I have to watch Barry & Felicity watch Iris & Oliver?  I have a bad feeling now (and it's called season 3).

LOL I wouldn't be worried. I think it would be more like Iris and Oliver watching Barry and Felicity. Plus, Iris is already dating Eddie so... yeah

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

ETA: apparently the CW Arrow Twitter account retweeted Charlotte Ross, so that seems to confirm that she's coming back! Yippee!!

I'm not surprised. The same thing happened with Felicity. We learned more about her and her feelings for Oliver in The Flash than we ever have. It's wrong but Arrow is all about Laurel now so we have to take what we can get. Does that sound too bitter? Eh. 

Nah, I wouldn't worry about that. Like @wonderwall said, it's either Iris and Oliver noticing the connection between Barry and Felicity, or maybe Iris mentioning to Oliver that she tried to set the two of them up and 'aren't they perfect together!' Besides Oliver only has eyes for Felicity. If one thing is certain so far this season, it's that.

• Love 3

Thanks, wonderwall!  I tried going to her account directly and still couldn't find it (I'm not very Twitter-literate), so I appreciate it!  Thanks to you, too, Velocity23.

Edited by JenMD

I'm not surprised. The same thing happened with Felicity. We learned more about her and her feelings for Oliver in The Flash than we ever have. It's wrong but Arrow is all about Laurel now so we have to take what we can get. Does that sound too bitter? Eh.

Then count me as bitter I guess because I feel the same way! Lol

Greg Berlanti tweeted that they will be showing the first sneak peeks of the crossover tomorrow night during Arrow. Sorry buddy, still not enough to make me want to watch 306...

Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 2

Greg Berlanti tweeted that they will be showing the first sneak peeks of the crossover tomorrow night during Arrow. Sorry buddy, still not enough to make me want to watch 306...

But telling .... just like they wanted to air the first minutes of Ultron so people would watch Agents of SHIELD.

• Love 3

I think that's for some screening they're doing of The Flash in LA. I don't think we get to see it.

I'm surprised that they included BTS photos...however I'm not surprised those photos were of EBR. They know why a somewhat large portion of the audience watch the show and if Felicity has minimal screen time this week they will include as many photos of her as they can.

The comic preview was the same preview as the sneak peek.

• Love 1

Well, not one of those 18 promo pics for 306 makes me want to watch. Not one. 

Also from the examiner article above:

Meanwhile, in the flashbacks this week, Maseo needs Oliver to remember where an informant for China White stashed key information, and he asks Tatsu to help jog Oliver's memory

Oliver's probably going to use the same 'trick' on Roy to help figure out his 'dreams.' Calling it now.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1