Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Don't forget fighting BC on a street. Apparently no one is going to be around whenever BS is. At all. As in no one close enough to even see a glimpse of her. And don't even ask about any security cameras. All off. All pointing the other way. 

I could buy someone on the street not seeing her or getting close enough during a fight to be able to make out who she is. The police station sell is a little more difficult - I hope she manages to, like, knock out all closed-circuit TV and any and all witnesses before she goes in there or something, but I'm not expecting much.

• Love 2

I think BS is going to have the least screen time/episodes of all the regulars (maybe not Thea, but we'll see), even the paparazzi have said she's barely been filming. So, it's funny that a lot of the promo is focusing on her because of the stupid cliffhanger. 

This season has the least amount of buzz/hype I ever remember seeing for Arrow and combined with moving nights, I think it'll definitely hurt the ratings. 

• Love 8

The Paps don't even consider KC semi-regular.

So those who don't care about her are frustrated and annoyed now and those who do care are set up for disappointment.

What a winning marketing strategy.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

This season has the least amount of buzz/hype I ever remember seeing for Arrow and combined with moving nights, I think it'll definitely hurt the ratings.

That's ok, I'm sure MG will declare that the streaming ratings are higher than ever. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The Paps don't even consider KC semi-regular.

So those who don't care about her are frustrated and annoyed now and those who do care are set up for disappointment.

What a winning marketing strategy.

To be fair, they've only shot 6 episodes - who knows if they're building up to something more or not.

My take is that shes probably the main villain for the first two episodes since neither Richard Dragon or Michael Emerson filmed until the second/third episode. Then she gets more focus in 6x04 and we probably don't see her until the mid season finale. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

What is ADR?

Stands for Automated dialogue replacement 

Do you have any Black Siren scoop for Arrow?
She’s certainly going to be a thorn in Team Arrow’s side when the show returns, but Stephen Amell brings up a really fascinating idea that the show may explore down the line. “She looks exactly like Laurel Lance, she is Laurel Lance,” Amell says. “Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City, so eventually, at some point, if she is reintroduced into public life, how do we unpack that? I’m excited for that. That’s the dynamic I think could be interesting.”

I wonder how much of this is SA's spec versus what the show really is going to do.  Given his track record for "spec" last year, I'm inclined to think they will at some point have her try to pass herself off as E1 Laurel.  But to what end?  And why couldn't Lance just do a press conference and say she was an imposter?  

8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

But to what end?  And why couldn't Lance just do a press conference and say she was an imposter?  

I really don't want to think about how they'll explain it. It's one thing to know that other Earth doppelgängers and magical pits that can make you undead are a thing, but if they try to sell that to the general public...IDK. Please don't do that, haha.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm inclined to think they will at some point have her try to pass herself off as E1 Laurel.  But to what end?  And why couldn't Lance just do a press conference and say she was an imposter?  

But how long could BS pull that off? Would she just be trying to ruin E1 LL's reputation? I can't see her playing "good" for too long.

Also, as mayor, Oliver could give the press conference. There are multiple people in positions of power in Star City who can go, "Uh, no, not Laurel. She's still dead. Check her grave." So I don't think that could last very long.

I feel like it's something they should show in a FB to the months between the island explosion and when we pick up with the premiere if they do it, not something they decide, "hey, BS has been walking around Star City for months, close to a year, let's address this now!" 

• Love 4

What would BS even get out of impersonating LL? Messing with Oliver's political career? Not sure she can do worse than him (rim shot). And they say this show ain't a soap. 

Did Flash treat evil Barry as if he was still Barry? Because I am getting more and more annoyed that they talk about BS as if she IS E1LL. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Stands for Automated dialogue replacement 

I wonder how much of this is SA's spec versus what the show really is going to do.  Given his track record for "spec" last year, I'm inclined to think they will at some point have her try to pass herself off as E1 Laurel.  But to what end?  And why couldn't Lance just do a press conference and say she was an imposter?  

Evil BS wants to hurt everyone by ruining St. Laurel of Dumb Decisions good name?

Amell says. “Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City, so eventually, at some point, if she is reintroduced into public life, how do we unpack that? I’m excited for that. That’s the dynamic I think could be interesting.”

Now this the MAJOR thing I've been waiting for and wanting to happen. This is the storyline I want.

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

What would he say? Doppleganger, I doubt people would believe him. And her DNA matches up with E1 LL, same with her finger prints, etc..

"Star City, this is Laurel Lance's [evil] long lost twin."

*Everyone in SC shrugs and carries on with their lives*

Edited by Guest
6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

"Star City, this is Laurel Lance's [evil] long lost twin."

*Everyone is SC shrugs and carries on with their lives*

Yeah, I don't really understand why anyone would care or what purpose it would serve if BS is impersonating LL? Sullying her legacy? Of course, this city also changed its name for some guy who lived there for less than a year. 

Just now, DrSpaceman10 said:

Why is EBR never there for those? :/ 

Because when she actually does them, she actually plays the lawyer-lying game. XD

I still laugh at her saying that she hasn't seen the engagement ring (technically true I guess since they didn't film the proposal yet) and she had no idea where that plot was going literally as they were filming 409.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Someone pls remind me who KA is.

Edit: Never mind! Duplicate posts! 

Edited by Guest

“Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City,

Stephen, I'd say that even with the chocolate statue the most famous dead person is the billionaire who blew up the Glades and killed 500 people Malcolm Merlyn.  But I get it, they're really pushing the LL/Black Siren thing.

49 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It looks like press did set interviews with SA, DR, RG, EK, JH,  and KA recently. Some today and Tuesday I think (from an IG video).

Oh joy.  I have zero interest in what RG,EK, JH and KA have to say.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

I think BS is going to have the least screen time/episodes of all the regulars (maybe not Thea, but we'll see), even the paparazzi have said she's barely been filming. So, it's funny that a lot of the promo is focusing on her because of the stupid cliffhanger. 

I actually think that 601's ratings might be good. The "who lives, who dies" type of cliffhanger that affects most of a show's cast is done because it usually works to drive up ratings. People tune in to see who survives. However, that does not mean the same ratings will carry over into subsequent episodes. (Last season's The Walking Dead ratings are a prime example.)

However, that time slot is quite competitive, so I don't know.

Edited by tv echo
59 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I actually think that 601's ratings might be good. The "who lives, who dies" type of cliffhanger that affects most of a show's cast is done because it usually works to drive up ratings. People tune in to see who survives. However, that does not mean the same ratings will carry over into subsequent episodes. (Last season's The Walking Dead ratings are a prime example.)

However, that time slot is quite competitive, so I don't know.

Idk though because the circumstances of that TWD finale meant a main character was definitely going to die whereas explosions from afar typically mean minimal main character deaths in TV Land. I can't remember if the episode with LL's death had higher ratings? I can't remember how they promoted it. I'm fairly certain Oliver & Son is not going to be a huge draw. 

12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Here's the test to see how thirsty Juliana is. She's apparently asked by Comicbook.com about a Green Arrow/Black Canary romance in an interview coming out soon (thanks @tv echo) If she pulls a Katie Cassidy response will have our answer. 

Shouldn't she technically give the same answer she gave when asked about Diggle and Dinah?

From the Spoiler Archive (thanks @tv echo):

-- Fan report on what JH said about a possible Diggle/Dinah hookup: "Diggle is her brother. She admires him. She would never do that." @JulianaHarkavy  about people worrying over Diggle x Dinah" and "ALSO @JulianaHarkavy says Dinah would NEVER get in the way of Dyla so get the worry out of your heads!!! 'Dinah is all about loyalty.'" (HVFF-Portland, Jun. 25, 2017: latinasmoak tweets, page 3 of New Spoilers thread)

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Idk though because the circumstances of that TWD finale meant a main character was definitely going to die whereas explosions from afar typically mean minimal main character deaths in TV Land. I can't remember if the episode with LL's death had higher ratings? I can't remember how they promoted it. I'm fairly certain Oliver & Son is not going to be a huge draw. 

Here's the S4 ratings (Laurel died in 418)...
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-four-ratings-38484/

I really don't know what the S6 ratings are going to be like. There's so many variables now with the day/time change.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Shouldn't she technically give the same answer she gave when asked about Diggle and Dinah?

I'm guessing she'll give answer similar to this but that will also try to "honor" the BC and GA's comic book roots. Maybe she'll say something about being GA's partner. I mean she already talked up feeling like Tinah is a leader in the other interview. 

If she's learning everything about Arrow from KC, yikes. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Here's the S4 ratings (Laurel died in 418)...
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-four-ratings-38484/

I really don't know what the S6 ratings are going to be like. There's so many variables now with the day/time change.

Thanks! It's interesting because S4 was almost a whole season of "who dies?" and didn't really seem to positively affect the ratings. 

I think they'll probably stabilize around .5? 

Edited by leopardprint

She came in as an individual and now she’s part of a team, and seeing her being part of the team, you know, she just approaches things differently and I think she’s a natural leader. I feel she doesn’t consciously try to be the leader, and it’s not that she doesn’t respect that they have a clear captain, but she does have a sense of “I am the leader”, and I think she tries to take the reins somewhat.

Not something I like the sound of tbh but maybe this is what causes trouble later on? 

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm guessing she'll give answer similar to this but that will also try to "honor" the BC and GA's comic book roots. Maybe she'll say something about being GA's partner. I mean she already talked up feeling like Tinah is a leader in the other interview. 

If she's learning everything about Arrow from KC, yikes. 

I'm sorry but that KC answer sounds like BS. JH was on that show for months before she even meet KC. They weren't even following on SM until SDCC.

Don't listen to KC. She got fired.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Here's the test to see how thirsty Juliana is. She's apparently asked by Comicbook.com about a Green Arrow/Black Canary romance in an interview coming out soon (thanks @tv echo) If she pulls a Katie Cassidy response will have our answer. 

Hopefully she'll just repeat what she said at SDCC which was something along the lines of the friendship not being romantic. But who knows? 

I don't like JH's answer. 

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/arrow/exclusive-juliana-harkavy-on-playing-black-canary-in-arrow-season-6-battling-black-siren-and-dctv-crossover-a153830

In the comics, Green Arrow and Black Canary have quite the romance; with Laurel no longer around, is that something you'd be interested in exploring in the show?

[Laughs] I love everything that pays homage to the original comics and I think that's really cool but in terms of the show and what Dinah is going through, I don't know if she's ready for something like that with Oliver or anyone. I think if that were to happen, it would be so far down into the future. I don't know if it would even happen! But if it does, I think it would be very cool as it's such a great homage to the original stories.

The question is basically, "you're a mask, he's a mask, in the comics, your masks are together (but we're ignoring any time you're not/get divorced), and if you ever leave and another character becomes BC, I'd ask the same question and just substitute, 'with Dinah no longer around.'"

I do find it interesting that JH keeps saying that she doesn't think Dinah's ready for a relationship when she's getting a LI this season. 

I really can't wait for Oliver and Felicity to get married, even though we'll still get these kinds of questions even then.

• Love 2

I love everything that pays homage to the original comics and I think that's really cool but in terms of the show and what Dinah is going through, I don't know if she's ready for something like that with Oliver or anyone. I think if that were to happen, it would be so far down into the future. I don't know if it would even happen! But if it does, I think it would be very cool as it's such a great homage to the original stories.

Would've been nice if she'd mentioned how Oliver is in love with Felicity and they're together, maybe? 

Not a good response at all. Already tired of this tune from KC and now we have to hear it from JH, too? Ugh. ?

Edited by Guest

Yeah it's always funny to me when an actress playing BC acts like her character not being ready for a relationship or something is the reason it won't happen and not the fact that Oliver is in love with Felicity and that has been the story for years.

• Love 8

So basically even though she knows Olicity is getting married she is setting up a narrative that they wont always be together and that one day in the future shed like the show to pay homage to that relationship and have a GA/BC endgame.

She knows what she's doing and it's disappointing to see her give that answer.

And why is she not aware that they've teased that shes getting a LI, not sure if shes lying on purpose or she really doesn't want a LI.

• Love 4

I don't want to see it happen, but I get her answer. Being a supportive sideline shipper doesn't advance her career, but being the love interest for the main character would. 

Seems like she's decided drumming up comic fan support given she's stepping into someone else's role is important. 

• Love 6