Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Am I the only person who doesn't really care about the crossover. I get why they do them and that they are successful when it comes to ratings but I don't really care for them. Didn't like first year and I really didn't like the second year. I just don't watch the other shows and I am not interested in aliens on Arrow. Also I found the 100th episode to be one of the weaker episodes. But then again, I found S5 as a whole was lacking. 

Nope. I don't care about the crossovers either. I enjoyed the first one because it was just the two shows and they basically stuck to a few characters which meant it didn't feel like a rush to fit everyone in. But I haven't enjoyed one since. They're just messy tbh.

And, personally, I'd burn the 100th never to be seen ever again. The only moment I liked was Oliver saying goodbye to his parents (scenes with ST are always so well done) but the rest was garbage. Sorry not sorry! ?

Edited by Guest

I like the idea of the crossovers. However, the One Chicago shows clearly handle crossovers - major and minor - so much better. And that's affected how I look at and judge other shows' crossovers.

So while I'm looking forward to this year's crossover somewhat - especially to see how the other Supergirl characters fit in and meet everyone - I am prepared to be disappointed. There are just too many characters between the four shows to it to not feel crowded and for some characters to not be left out. 

And it also has to do with timing. It was an awful idea to have the 100th part of the crossover. They should have planned around that and scheduled the crossover earlier/later because they clearly knew it was coming. And this year, the crossover is after the two Slade episodes. And with the plan to seemingly make the crossover seem like a 4-hour movie between the two nights, I feel like it's going to feel very stand-alone? Which after the Slade episodes and before the mid season finale might not be a good thing? 

• Love 3

I'm hoping they wrap up the Slade episodes with some Olicity bonding after being apart for awhile.  And then maybe some added romance in the crossover and of course something in the mid season finale.   

I am confused about the timeline again though.  MG recently referred to the crossover episode as 8 and right now it works out to be 7.  So can MG just not count and we get two episodes after it and then the loooong winter break or Are the dates all off?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm hoping they wrap up the Slade episodes with some Olicity bonding after being apart for awhile.  And then maybe some added romance in the crossover and of course something in the mid season finale.   

I am confused about the timeline again though.  MG recently referred to the crossover episode as 8 and right now it works out to be 7.  So can MG just not count and we get two episodes after it and then the loooong winter break or Are the dates all off?

Crossover is episode 7. There is no possible way for it to be 8 this season. 

I have no interest is the crossovers because I actively dislike Barry and range from ambivalence to like the other characters. I think they are specifically geared towards the comic book fans (which is fine but not something that appeals to me). I only watched the first one and the Arrow part of the second one. 

I also resent the crossovers for foisting Myson and Mother on us so I will forever be suspicious about what disaster they will visit upon Arrow next. 

606 is titled Promises Kept, usually the titles apply to more than one storyline so I could see an Olicity storyline fitting in, Slade's promises, Oliver's promises..., etc. 

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Based on the start date and looking at the calendar. 607 should be the crossover and 608 should be the MSF.

However, who knows with CW scheduling.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I kind of hope so too, especially since EBR isn't going to be in 605 much since she's in Flash 405 instead (ha, maybe they'll be a repeat of Oliver's face from the end of 304 when she comes back). Although now I'm randomly wondering if it ends up being just Oliver and Slade who go over to go rescue Joe or if they're going to take at least some members of the team for help a la 206 or 512 for Russia or 511 with Dinah. I could picture just the rest of the team getting the subplot for the episode (focused on one of the character's plots like Felicity's business stuff, Diggle's issues, Rene/Curtis, etc.), but I'd admit that I'd think it would be a bit smarter of them to bring parts of the team for help/backup (like bring Rene and Curtis, leave the subplot to Diggle/Felicity or bring Diggle and Felicity, leave the subplot to Dinah/Rene).

• Love 1

I am not sure that EBR filming 405 of the Flash there will be very little of her in 605. I would presume it will be more like they did Flash 118/Arrow 317. 

We had the same arguments for 504 when they broke Diggle out of prison, especially because EBR took a short vacation to Hawaii at the time of the filming of the episode. And she was still quite a bit in the episode. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I am not sure that EBR filming 405 of the Flash there will be very little of her in 605. I would presume it will be more like they did Flash 118/Arrow 317. 

We had the same arguments for 504 when they broke Diggle out of prison, especially because EBR took a short vacation to Hawaii at the time of the filming of the episode. And she was still quite a bit in the episode. 

She might have filmed a lot more than we realize in the short time she was on the Arrow set, but it does seem like she was on The Flash's set long enough that  it had to have reduced her time in 605 somewhat, but given the nature of the episode, that's not bothering me, especially since I'll get my Felicity fix elsewhere that week, lol.  

. Although now I'm randomly wondering if it ends up being just Oliver and Slade who go over to go rescue Joe or if they're going to take at least some members of the team for help a la 206 or 512 for Russia or 511 with Dinah. I could picture just the rest of the team getting the subplot for the episode (focused on one of the character's plots like Felicity's business stuff, Diggle's issues, Rene/Curtis, etc.), but I'd admit that I'd think it would be a bit smarter of them to bring parts of the team for help/backup (like bring Rene and Curtis, leave the subplot to Diggle/Felicity or bring Diggle and Felicity, leave the subplot to Dinah/Rene).

For me, if it's a Slade focused episode, once it gets to the point of actually looking for Joe, I don't want the rest of the team involved if Felicity's not.  I imagine any part of the episode that takes place in Star CIty, the rest of the team would be involved, but if Oliver and Slade leave town (like I assume they will) I want it to be more a revisitation of the season 1/2  island flashbacks dynamic.  (Minus Shado and mirikuru drama)

2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

She might have filmed a lot more than we realize in the short time she was on the Arrow set, but it does seem like she was on The Flash's set long enough that  it had to have reduced her time in 605 somewhat, but given the nature of the episode, that's not bothering me, especially since I'll get my Felicity fix elsewhere that week, lol.  

Was she not filming 2 days for Flash?

I can see Felicity being less in 605 than 606... However, that's not really indicative of how much time that is. Maybe it's a short scene or maybe it's a few scenes in the bunker which she could've shot in a few days.

IDK why I can't shake the feeling that 606 will have some good Olicity moments in it and Felicity moments too. I guess it's the cross between the writers, director, as well as the title that makes me think this will be a big Olicity/Slade episode. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

IDK why I can't shake the feeling that 606 will have some good Olicity moments in it and Felicity moments too. I guess it's the cross between the writers, director, as well as the title that makes me think this will be a big Olicity/Slade episode. 

Because Antonio N is the director and he's usually brought in for Olicity episodes?

9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Was she not filming 2 days for Flash?

Not sure, it felt like she filmed forever on the Flash but, that could have been the way the BTS photos leaked.  It might have only been 2 days of Flash

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Because Antonio N is the director and he's usually brought in for Olicity episodes?

No - if it was JUST Antonio I wouldn't really think it's an episode with important/heavy Olicity stuff. I think it's a cross between it all (Director/Writers/Title) and how just 2 episodes ago they go on a date...

Mind you these are the writers who wrote Broken Hearts (416) and The Fallen (320)

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

For me, if it's a Slade focused episode, once it gets to the point of actually looking for Joe, I don't want the rest of the team involved if Felicity's not.  I imagine any part of the episode that takes place in Star CIty, the rest of the team would be involved, but if Oliver and Slade leave town (like I assume they will) I want it to be more a revisitation of the season 1/2  island flashbacks dynamic.  (Minus Shado and mirikuru drama)

Yeah, I want the flashback dynamic too, and I think that's what they'll be going for for the actual rescue mission. It's more like I can't picture John "I always thought of myself as his bodyguard" Diggle and Felicity "I'm coming with you" Smoak being ok with Oliver leaving the country for a mission with just Slade for backup, no matter what the actual mission.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I like the idea of the crossovers. However, the One Chicago shows clearly handle crossovers - major and minor - so much better. And that's affected how I look at and judge other shows' crossovers.

But where the One Chicago shows succeed and the Arrowverse crossovers fail for is that on Chicago, as on the L&O and ER/Third Watch crossovers before, it's the plot that crosses over all the shows and not the characters.  On One Chicago, Fire finds a victim, takes him/her to Med, Police solve the cast (and Justice was supposed to prosecute).  The point of Arrowverse crossovers  is to show that they can cram the characters of all four shows into ONE! BIG! EVENT! and that pleases the fanboys because it's taken from comics but it makes for inferior episodes and inconsistent characterizations.  I think the Arrow 100th might have been a better episode if 1) they didn't have to put characters from the other shows into it and 2) it wasn't an "All eyes are on us" show-off.  The episodes where the writers think everyone is watching (e.g. Spectre of the Gun) are the worst.

2 hours ago, way2interested said:

Yeah, I want the flashback dynamic too, and I think that's what they'll be going for for the actual rescue mission. It's more like I can't picture John "I always thought of myself as his bodyguard" Diggle and Felicity "I'm coming with you" Smoak being ok with Oliver leaving the country for a mission with just Slade for backup, no matter what the actual mission.

On the other hand, this is Oliver "I do what I think I need to and I don't listen to anyone else" Queen.

I have no interest in ever seeing Slade again so I want Oliver to go off with Slade for a two-parter and then Slade to be gone.  Gone.  I'm hoping that Fleicity, Diggle & Thea will have something interesting to do in the B story so the two  episodes won't be a complete wash.

I just had a thought -- if Oliver is willing to leave Starling City for a trip with Slade, does that mean that Samantha has recovered and taken William away?

• Love 4

As AK said Kara and Alex were gonna be central to the crossover (or something along those lines), I'm expecting this stuff to be Supergirl/alien related. *Giant weary sigh*

Yeah, I'm not interested in any new promo because I feel like it's just gonna be a longer version of the crappy one we already had. Likely a glimpse of Felicity and Diggle and everyone on the island and then all the present day stuff will be Oliver, William, Dinah, BS and Slade and no thank you. Bye.

The saddest thing is, the network is trying to pretend that several major deaths may be in the cards and they are doing that for absolutely nothing because all the series regulars are going to survive. It's so effing dumb and it will probably end up backfiring on them and the show!

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

The saddest thing is, the network is trying to pretend that several major deaths may be in the cards and they are doing that for absolutely nothing because all the series regulars are going to survive. It's so effing dumb and it will probably end up backfiring on them and the show!

Teasing major character deaths while running promo of the return of KC is stupid. 

Is 6x07 confirmed to be the crossover or are we assuming based on the dates? 

Edited by Chaser
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Is 6x07 confirmed to be the crossover or are we assuming based on the dates? 

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

607 is the crossover? I thought it was usually the 8th episode.

Not confirmed but the late start date indicates that 607 should be the Crossover, not sure if it will be.

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler so I'm just leaving it here.

Let me know if you think I should post it in spoiler only as well.

My first thought for some reason was he's referring to the writers.  

My second thought was evil reptiles!  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

What was he like in S5? 

I recall him being defensive. 

Usually when he's daggily into something it's better. I remember him being pretty happ about 520 in a daggy way and that was ZE BEST ep!!!!!!

Now I'm hoping for Olicity Sexy times Dammit!

I just wanted to clarify what MG said in his recent Collider video interview. He talked about planning out the 23 episodes of each season and how they talk in terms of "tentpoles" or "chapters" for the season (not "log lines" for episodes). He then went on to say that they also plan for the mini breaks and that they know episode 8 is the crossover and episode 9 is the midseason finale. However, he also said that this wasn't "written in stone." So it wouldn't be contradictory for this season's crossover ep to be 607.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1