Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I take comfort in the fact that like @way2interested said the producers have been talking about the story as though it's Felicitys storyline and aside from what Echo himself has said- and frankly he's coming off lately as thirsty as the two former but back from the dead actresses- I havent seen the producers talk about the storyline as specifically involving and being built around Curtis.

I do however think that Curtis will be involved somehow since encroaching on Felicitys turf is the only way the writers seem to make Curtis relevant. I think he's worn his welcome out as a character but the show will keep him around because they like him as an actor. Aka the new Malcolm. 

Yeah, i don't have a problem with Curtis being involved in the storyline and, I'm not even sure I'll have a problem if it ends up being a Joint Venture.  However, I would prefer that it's Felicity's decision to start a new company and she brings Curtis on as her CTO.  

I agree though, MG seems aware that fans have been asking for this story for Felicity for a couple of years now AND, they've only been talking about it in terms of Felicity.  I hope that they go in a direction that I will enjoy.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I enjoyed the Helix Storyline and thought they did a good job with "dark" Felicity.  I was extremely happy that the result (although poorly shown) was that Helix did NOT betray or attack Felicity in 520.

Agreed I also enjoyed the pace that unlike most Arrow archs it wasn't saturated into 3-4 episodes but was fed in pieces each episode. 

My only qualms are I think the writers could have taken slightly more risks with pushing Felicity's compromised morals, but at the same time I understand for the health of their twitter mentions why they didn't. 

• Love 1

Smoak Technologies isn't a registered trademark.  Companies can use the same name if use in very specific product/services don't overlap - to avoid brand confusion.  If the trademark had been registered, then the real company would have registered the term for use in physical tech goods (specifically PC computers), whereas if DC chose to register, they would have filed under use in entertainment, comics, and mugs/clothing/toys (for merchandising).  Since it boils down to Smoak Tech being a fictional entity (with most likely medical devices) in a comic book show, there's no overlap in use/product offering - so I don't think that would be an issue.  If DC wanted to be super-safe, they could easily use a variation such as Smoak Inc or Smoak Corp.

Edited by ComicFan777

I associate Queen with Oliver, Thea and Moira so I wouldn't like if it was called Queen Inc. or something like that, even if Felicity decides to change her name. I'll also be sad if she changes her name to be honest, I love Smoak. I think too the most likely option is that Felicity and Curtis name it after the both of them but I can't see how it's obvious it can't be called Smoak Technologies. And if Curtis wants his name on the building he should also be ready to put half the money in it, just saying ?

• Love 1

That wording throws me off. "Can't" sounds like something/someone is stopping her from using her own name. If it was something like a joint venture with Curtis (or even taking Olivers name), I would think "won't" would be more appropriate. 

That said, I think it's must likely a joint venture. I get Curtis working with her on this but I don't want his name on the company (even if it does make sense in a business environment). 

• Love 2
(edited)

There has been a lot of hinting and build-up to Arrow‘s Felicity starting up her own company, Smoak Tech. Are there plans for this in Season 6? —Aurora
“That was something we wanted to do last year, and then we got sort of seduced by the Helix storyline,” co-showrunner Marc Guggenheim explained to me. “I would say that people wanting that storyline will be happy, but for reasons that I think will be very obvious, it can’t be called Smoak Technologies. And all those clever readers who are like, ‘That’s because she’ll be changing her last name to Queen,’ it’s not Queen Technologies, either.”

This sounds like something that happens in early S6 will make it obvious why it can't be called Smoak Tech. I think the simplest, explanation is to go with Palmer Tech board/contract/golden parachute/etc preventing Felicity from attaching her name to a competitive company.  It at least has a sniff of reality as a lot of people have to sign non-compete clauses, especially on the Executive level.

Although, i get the feeling this is more working backwards.  They decided, for whatever reason, that they didn't want Smoak Tech to be a thing in the Real Arrow World and are just looking for in story reasons to give the company another name.  Ultimately, I'm not as attached to the name as I am to the storyline, as long as this is about Felicity (with a side of Curtis) I'll be fine

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That wording throws me off. "Can't" sounds like something/someone is stopping her from using her own name.

That's my thinking too. And I hope it's not some stupid reason that makes me feel like they just decided, "Well, we want Curtis' or someone else's name on it instead/we already used Smoak Tech in AUs/don't want to have it be Queen ____, so let's come up with a reason why we can't have Felicity use her own name."

12 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That's my thinking too. And I hope it's not some stupid reason that makes me feel like they just decided, "Well, we want Curtis' or someone else's name on it instead/we already used Smoak Tech in AUs/don't want to have it be Queen ____, so let's come up with a reason why we can't have Felicity use her own name."

Whatever reason they use I'm afraid it will feel that way. Because if they didn't want it to be a problem it wouldn't be a problem. They write for the plot and the characters will give a reason for their actions to fit that plot.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I do like his wording on the Queen part. He wasn't denying the marriage. Lol

Yep! ? Like he must know everyone knows now.   Ah bless Stephen David and Emily for screwing up their ultra secret wedding/marriage plans 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bethy said:

Maybe it had something to do with her dad? Is his last name Smoak? 

Or maybe Felicity is in hiding for some reason, and no one can know it's her company.

Noah's last name is Kuttler so I doubt it

• Love 2

I wonder if the reason she chooses not to go with Smoak Tech is because of their nightly activities?

I can see it being a joint venture, yes Felicity is brilliant but starting up her own company isnt an easy task so doing it with someone might be a safer bet for her. Perhaps Smoak Tech is something that this company becomes later, I mean 2046 is 18 years in to the future.

I think the name will be something tech related rather than using either of their names.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't understand what they're doing with Thea. At all. 

It screams BTS. IMO they don't want to lose Thea but something is going on with WH. They are trying to make it work but it's messy. 

PB is easy cause he isn't a mask. He doesn't show for a couple episodes it's no biggie. WH is different. She was there and she was a part of the Team and she's Olivers sister. Trying to explain her absence in some of these episodes is hard. 

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Per CG, it looks like Thea is in a coma and Lance is alive.

I wouldn't be surprised if WH ends up leaving the show within the next couple of years. They are just repeating the same 3 storybeats with her over and over. She must be bored out of her mind at this point. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 1

Even if it is BTS stuff (which seems likely) why can't they just think of a better way to keep her screen time minimal other than coma? I don't see why she can't suit up as Speedy again but maybe she's busy at the Mayor's office or whatever so she doesn't suit up every night/episode. Or use her stunt double more. Or maybe she goes to visit Roy for a while to clear her head? IDK. I just think continually injuring her is ridiculous. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Even if it is BTS stuff (which seems likely) why can't they just think of a better way to keep her screen time minimal other than coma? I don't see why she can't suit up as Speedy again but maybe she's busy at the Mayor's office or whatever so she doesn't suit up every night/episode. Or use her stunt double more. Or maybe she goes to visit Roy for a while to clear her head? IDK. I just think continually injuring her is ridiculous. 

Hmmmm what storyline could you possibly do with an early twentysomething to explain prolonged absences? On the CW? Oh Idk, send her to college? 

It is so ridiculous just so Oliver can be best bros with Slade again and they can manpain over absentee fatherism. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WH ends up leaving the show within the next couple of years. They are just repeating the same 3 storybeats with her over and over. She must be bored out of her mind at this point. 

PB too. In terms of Lance:

S1 - Dead Daughter (Sara)

S2 - Psych Daughter (Sara

S3 - Dead Daughter (Sara)

S4 - Psych Daughter (Sara) / Dead Daughter (Laurel)

S5 - Dead Daughter (Laurel) / Psych Lookalike Daughter (BS/Laurel) 

He must be so tired of this storyline. 

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I agree. The injuries are a little old but I'm not sure there is a better way. I hated the mayor excuses last time. It just wasn't believable to me that she wouldn't be there for some plots.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

How do we know she is in a coma? 

Canadagraphs mentioned someone being in a coma in his blog where the set pics were posted. He or another pap mentioned Willa filmed hospital scenes and hasn't been back on set, so I think it being Thea is a safe bet. 

(edited)

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/arrow-blog/arrow-shoots-a-few-scenes-for-the-season-6-premiere-with-lots-of-cast-in-multiple-locations-in-the-vancouver-area

I do know from things I do know about this episode and others so far, 1 person from the lists above is in a coma, and as of the time of writing this, nothing has changed with the character coming out of it, or being killed off yet. I suppose if/when they finally decide that will decide if/when the cast member playing the character decides on returning or not.

I'm now thinking that Coma patient is Samantha, not Thea

On set that day was everyone that we saw at the end of season 5 who were on the island actively trying to get out together. People I saw on set that day included Emily Bett Rickards, Willa Holland, David Ramsey, Echo Kellum, Juliana Harkavy, Manu Bennett and Anna Hopkins. I DID NOT see Katrina Law, but I did see a person dressed as Nyssa al Ghul there. I also never saw Katie Cassidy, Lexa Doig or Madison McLaughlin there.

I'm guessing Evelyn gets an offscreen death and only shows up as a dead barely recognizable body.  They're going to show someone that looks like Nyssa but, isn't KL, that has me a bit worried.  Finally we have Talia probably disappearing with her ninjas only to return later in the season

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Canadagraphs mentioned someone being in a coma in his blog where the set pics were posted. He or another pap mentioned Willa filmed hospital scenes and hasn't been back on set, so I think it being Thea is a safe bet. 

oh OK...yeah I can see that. There is also that scene in the trailer with Slade and Oliver in the hospital.

Yeah I wish they could've thought of something else than a coma...it's already bad enough Oliver has to adjust to being a dad, being the mayor, being GA adding a comatose sister is a bit too much on the dude's plate. 

Have we had any hints about Samantha's fate yet (other than William presumably living with Oliver if the trailer is anything to go by)?

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I agree. The injuries are a little old but I'm not sure there is a better way. I hated the mayor excuses last time. It just wasn't believable to me that she wouldn't be there for some plots.

It's not ideal but I think they just need to explain them better or be better organized? Sometimes they didn't even mention why Thea wasn't there. And the moments they chose her to be absent made no sense. Of course Thea would be with her brother after he's been tortured for a week. Why would you chose that episode, of all episodes, for her to not be there? It was so dumb. 

Please let it be Samantha in the coma,I need her to live so she can take the kid away eventually lol 

Yeah tbh it makes way more sense,I just can't imagine them committing to dad Oliver for the rest of the show which is what they would be doing if Samantha is killed off.

• Love 3

I would definitely prefer that Samantha be in a coma. Wasn't there commentary from either SA or DR that someone dies in the first ep (I can't remember if it was direct, or part of a two truths and a lie)? I guess it could be Evelyn and/or Nyssa. The only people I'd want to die are confirmed alive but LOL at the island blowing to bits and it not taking more than one or two people out, haha. 

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I would definitely prefer that Samantha be in a coma. Wasn't there commentary from either SA or DR that someone dies in the first ep (I can't remember if it was direct, or part of a two truths and a lie)? I guess it could be Evelyn and/or Nyssa. The only people I'd want to die are confirmed alive but LOL at the island blowing to bits and it not taking more than one or two people out, haha. 

Poor Chase, he put so much time and effort into his plans. 

• Love 3

So they wont show how BS got out of the Island but I am guessing her showing up in the first episode is confirmation that she is alive. Since we won't see Evelyn or Talia then their fate depends on whatever story they want to write for them.

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

So they wont show how BS got out of the Island but I am guessing her showing up in the first episode is confirmation that she is alive. Since we won't see Evelyn or Talia then their fate depends on whatever story they want to write for them.

That sounds like the plan, although I still think they're killing Evelyn off but, yeah we could have Talia/BS/Evelyn not seen on the island and then reveal BS showing up in SC 5 months later.  Eventually we'll find out if Talia/Evelyn survived.  Although, Nyssa is confusing to me because they could use an extra to kill Nyssa off so as not to pay KL but, that's so shitty to the character/actress and I can only imagine it would happen if KL refused (or couldn't) to come back to film dead Nyssa

Edited by Morrigan2575

You know they should have given BS some crazy scar or something. Embrace the crazy.

I wondered if BS was going to be the VOTW in 6x01.

3 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I have the feeling that the LoA is off limits to the Arrowverse while it's being used on Gotham. 

Fingers crossed.

I'm going to guess Thea's in a coma, because KP said she filmed hospital scenes and hasn't been back. Evelyn or Talia dead because I don't think they'd kill Nyssa (or any character that's been around that long). Samantha alive, but off-screen since I can't see them killing "the mother of Oliver's child" and I don't think Anna Hopkins has been in Vancouver since 601.  

2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But they were using it on Gotham last season too..

Were they? My bad, I saw the casting news about Alexander Siddig as Ra's pretty late last season so I assumed it would be a big thing for the upcoming season. 

11 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Were they? My bad, I saw the casting news about Alexander Siddig as Ra's pretty late last season so I assumed it would be a big thing for the upcoming season. 

Yeah..they revealed it was the league pretty late but they took Bruce and they developed the same virus story they did on Arrow basically..

16 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

How can Thea be in a coma when Stephen said they'll have a present day conversation?

Maybe it's a one-sided conversation? Oliver trying to get her to wake up, spilling his heart out about his worries, etc.? I don't know ... it just sucks if it's Thea in a coma again. 

• Love 1

I told you I was smelling something fishy about RG and EK, but additional promo content for Curtis made me lean more towards Wild Dog being in peril.

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Am I'm I missing something or have we not seen or heard from the Wild Dog at all?

• Love 1