Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

In the trailer when Oliver asks William, "Where do you think the bad man is?" ::slow point at Oliver::

Please do not test me show, I could not stop laughing.

I can't get past everyone talking to the kid and him responding like he's a toddler, when he's actually 10-12 years old. Are they just that bad at math? 

• Love 19
Just now, Featherhat said:

Love the ME casting and I've loved David Nykl since SGA so more of him is always welcome, can he and Oliver mend their break up, which was about 1000 times as emotional as the Susan "sorry bye" break up was/

Ikr? In order of saddest Arrow breakups it'd go:

1. Oliver Felicity 4x16

2. Oliver Anatolyi 

(edited)

So do we think Michael Emerson is Cayden James or will he be someone else? Per the TV Line video, it seems like EBR was the first to find out he was cast so it did make me wonder if he is Cayden James.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

it seems like EBR was the first to find out he was cast so it did make me wonder if he is Cayden James.

I thought Emily said in the video she was just finding out too - and she thought everyone knew before her, but I guess she meant she thought everyone else knew because she already did. I need to rewatch, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I thought Emily said in the video she was just finding out too - and she thought everyone knew before her? I need to rewatch, haha.

She said she found out upstairs and she assumed she was the last to know but it turns out she wasn't. Haha.

Omg that tv line interview was adorable. I love 90 per cent of my cast. Stephen Emily and Echos excitement over Michael Emerson I so relate too. And go Ausiello with the Olicity wedding prompts! 

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So do we think Michael Emerson is Cayden James or will he be someone else? Per the TV Line video, it seems like EBR was the first to find out he was cast so it did make me wonder if he is Cayden James.

My thought. Also that as Cayden he contracts various other villains and semi big bads to do his bidding.

• Love 4

I could also see Alena as his daughter, too. It's almost like a parallel to Felicity and her dad. IDK.

(edited)

Ausiello:

Elsewhere in the video Q&A above: Mericle addressed (my personal theory/hope) that Felicity and Oliver will tie the knot alongside The Flash‘s Barry and Iris in a wedding-themed November sweeps crossover event

Noooooooo!

(I haven't seen the video yet.)

I really like Michael Emerson having "a trace of evil in his DNA, teasing that his top-secret alter ego is “morally compromised.”"  It makes me think he is Cayden James.

I could also see Alena as his daughter, too. It's almost like a parallel to Felicity and her dad. IDK.

It seems like an obvious route, but I'm not sureI  want it.  It almost takes too much independence away from Felicity.

Edited by statsgirl

Can't this guy act rings around pretty much everyone else in the cast though? Hopefully they can elevate their game to match. 

Otherwise, well that is a trailer. Honestly as someone who hates overly precocious, snarky kids on tv shows, that is infinitely better than whatever is going on with William. And of course Oliver is a terrible father, he can't think beyond himself/his mission. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

It seems like an obvious route, but I'm not sureI  want it.  It almost takes too much independence away from Felicity.

In what way? This is Arrow. They're not good enough writers to make big obvious parallels. I'm not sure how it takes away her independence though?

Edited by Guest
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Also, perhaps Thea or Diggle sustain a spinal injury and that inspires Felicity to develop more chips? 

I could get behind this. I'd love her company to be designing bionic limbs or chips to help the impaired or disabled. Plus it includes Curtis in nicely.

10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I like want to do a Lost Rewatch now. I don't think I've done a rewatch of that show since it was on the air.

If you haven't seen Person of Interest, ME is fabulous in that, too. 

• Love 2

If it's Cayden James, I want Noah to have a connection. TA and ME and EBR. Gimme.

SA said you will like S6 if your a Felicity fan. If this is the set, I could see it.

• Love 9
(edited)

I wonder if both Thea and Samantha end up injured after running into the explosion.  From what DR said, it seems like Diggle's injury is something that isn't obvious and missed by the others.

15 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm not sure how it takes away her independence though?

Hacker girl genius with criminal hacker father.  It makes Felicity less unique IMO.

15 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Can't this guy act rings around pretty much everyone else in the cast though? Hopefully they can elevate their game to match.

PB is good.  SA and DR are at times, EBR has moments.  If he's the villain, he'll end up acting against Team Arrow mostly.  We'll see what RG, EK and JH can do.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hacker girl genius with criminal hacker father.  It makes Felicity less unique IMO.

Ah. Okay. Well, they kinda already did that by taking away from her skillset and giving stuff to Curtis, IMO. But I get what you're saying now.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, apart from some talk about teaming up with Quentin, has there been any talk about Rene? He wasn't in the trailer, was he?

I didn't see him at all. It was very Canaries, Slade, Oliver-as-dad focused. 

Edited by Guest
Just now, apinknightmare said:

has there been any talk about Rene? He wasn't in the trailer, was he?

The rest of the cast was in that one shot right before the explosion, when Felicity tells Slade to take them to the plane and he's all "BYYYYEEEEEEEEEE"

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Now that I'm thinking about it, apart from some talk about teaming up with Quentin, has there been any talk about Rene? He wasn't in the trailer, was he?

Now that you mentioned it, I don't think so.

Really though other than the casting news, what didnt we already know going into this Con?

Just now, DrSpaceman10 said:

When did he say that?

At a Con, he said you will like S6 if you are a Felicity and Olicity fan. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, way2interested said:

The rest of the cast was in that one shot right before the explosion, when Felicity tells Slade to take them to the plane and he's all "BYYYYEEEEEEEEEE"

If we have to have Slade on next season, I'm glad they're keeping him the old Slade.  I've read so many fic about Slade leading them to safety in a hidden bunker, I was expecting St. Slade in s6 to match St. Laurel in s5.

6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Do they do another trailer closer to the premiere? Cause that was...?

I'm pretty sure we got one last year that had clips from the first few eps in it - where there was a shot of Felicity kissing someone in the police station, and there was an argument over whether it was Billy or Oliver (and I believe there was also scruff comparisons). LOL @ us , but I think that came out before the premiere?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm pretty sure we got one last year that had clips from the first few eps in it - where there was a shot of Felicity kissing someone in the police station, and there was an argument over whether it was Billy or Oliver (and I believe there was also scruff comparisons). LOL @ us , but I think that came out before the premiere?

Wasn't that just because SDCC was earlier last year? So they didn't have a trailer? Or am I mixing up years

47 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Oh yeah, good thought. Always figured they were you couple but, father daughter similar go Felicity/Noah would be a cool parallel.

9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If we have to have Slade on next season, I'm glad they're keeping him the old Slade.  I've read so many fic about Slade leading them to safety in a hidden bunker, I was expecting St. Slade in s6 to match St. Laurel in s5.

From the footage, it kind of looks like to me that they'll have Slade feel guilty or something (since he and Oliver do shake hands but Slade did totally leave them and Oliver would find out the second one of the other survivors mentions it) as part of his "redemption" that MB and MG were talking about. So, not St. Slade but not completely crazy-villain Slade, which is pretty much the in-it-for-himself old Slade like you're saying. Honestly, I'm kind of glad for this too just for the sake of not having him automatically be a great ally again and there could be something interesting there, kind of like Nyssa.

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

Wasn't that just because SDCC was earlier last year? So they didn't have a trailer? Or am I mixing up years

S4 had no footage because it was too early and then they aired footage later in Sept. S5 and s3 both had Comic Con footage and then released more/different stuff later closer to the premiere also around September.

• Love 2

I knew it was going to happen to make the BC/BS rivalry work, but it's still laughable to me how the show is suddenly going to retcon Black Siren's fighting abilities. If they wanted to make her a potent villain, they never should have nerfed her in the first place. 

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

HOLY SHIT, MICHAEL EMERSON!!? That's awesome!

I loved him on Lost and POI. This news is awesome.

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Is their any truth to the double Olicity and WestAllen wedding????? Do I need to panic????!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen any wedding talk from The Flash side so I don't think so *shrug*

5 hours ago, Angel12d said:

EBR did a 2 truths/1 lie thing in one interview and it's confusing me. She said Olicity is a) already married, b) getting married, c) never getting married. We know they are getting married so IDGI. Haha.

Was this posted?

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Also, Thea ran after Samantha, so she's gonna be laid up in the hospital or something isn't she?

I think so. For Samantha I'm thinking dead or coma. But, did anyone notice in the TvLine interview, there was a weird moment after Ausiello asked who was there just for show, and both Stephen and David looked at Willa? I'm worried :/

Also, MICHAEL EMERSON!!!

3 minutes ago, looptab said:

Was this posted?

I think so. For Samantha I'm thinking dead or coma. But, did anyone notice in the TvLine interview, there was a weird moment after Ausiello asked who was there just for show, and both Stephen and David looked at Willa? I'm worried :/

Also, MICHAEL EMERSON!!!

I think the wedding question was from the ET interview but I haven't seen it posted either. Just people talking about it.

As for looking at Willa, I thought they were looking at Wendy but I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I am paranoid that Thea is dead, but I just watched it and IMO they didn't look at Willa. 

Hope you're right. There was just this weird beat after she raised her hand and it got me super worried. But maybe I'm just seeing things because I'm not completely awake yet - fingers crossed :)

Oliver's lie to William has got to be, No, your mom wasn't a big flaming idiot running TOWARDS the explosion and getting herself and aunt Thea killed/seriously injured. ? Why does she have to be so dumb? 

• Love 5

I skimmed some press room interviews of WH and KC. Like SA, couldn't find anything really spoilers. WH was asked about Theas relationship with Malcolm and it didn't sound like the interviewer knew Malcolm was dead. She misses the bunker, working with the other actors. There was kind of a pause there and I was reminded about the rumors of problems leading to an episode cut.

KC's interview had some WTF moments. Apparently she pitched the whole BS goes back in time and meets Laurel to MG. She also created her own backstory for BS. I'll recap: She watchedr her father  be burned to death when she was 14. She went after the killers and it turned her into a villain .

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

KC's interview had some WTF moments. Apparently she pitched the whole BS goes back in time and meets Laurel to MG. She also created her own backstory for BS. I'll recap: She watchedr her father  be burned to death when she was 14. She went after the killers and it turned her into a villain .

At least she hasn't head canon that her soulmate Oliver died tragically while they were honeymooning on the Gambit telling her to never give up like the Jack death scene in Titanic and that's how she became Black Siren. Character growth Katie ??

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I skimmed some press room interviews of WH and KC. Like SA, couldn't find anything really spoilers. WH was asked about Theas relationship with Malcolm and it didn't sound like the interviewer knew Malcolm was dead. She misses the bunker, working with the other actors. There was kind of a pause there and I was reminded about the rumors of problems leading to an episode cut.

How do you find the interviews? Thanks.

• Love 1

I can't link on mobile but they are on YouTube. The whedonopolis video Chanel 

EBR and EK's video just went up. I skimmed that too. They don't really answer anything and just kind of joke around. Seriously, if I was a journal I would annoyed that these guys can't tease anything.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Chaser said:

She misses the bunker, working with the other actors. There was kind of a pause there and I was reminded about the rumors of problems leading to an episode cut.

That makes it sound like she's gone, or at least has a separate storyline.  I wonder what's going on there.  I can't imagine them killing her off after what MG said, but....it does sound a little weird.

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

That makes it sound like she's gone, or at least has a separate storyline.  I wonder what's going on there.  I can't imagine them killing her off after what MG said, but....it does sound a little weird.

She probably just means missing the bunker in the no longer a costumed member of the team sense. 

• Love 1

I watched the trailer again. I am trying to get my head around how super duper stupid Samantha is. Are they doing it on purpose? 

It does provide a lovely perspective on why Crayola has a vocabulary that is less sophisticated than a 4yo based on the trailer. 

Bad man indeed!

• Love 8