Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I kind of like the costume. Not as good as Sara's but much much better than Laurel's

Is that a fishnet pattern/design on the top and leading into the Pants?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

It sounds like there is going to be some kind of conflict over Oliver and the kid. Also it sounds like the writing team is still distracted by their shiny new toys. 

I totally agree with both points though hasn't Arrow come down pretty firmly on the blood family is more important or at least Oliver's blood family is more important. Imagine how much better everyone's life would be if Oliver had let Thea turn MM over to the League in S3. 

I still have hope they realized in life we aren't all lucky enough to have a great biological family and that people that choose to love someone is a as compelling story to tell as one about biological family can be. They made it about one being more important than the other when they could have chosen to show the beauty of both. It's one of the things I find more disappointing.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I kind of like the costume. Not as good as Sara's but much much better than Laurel's

Is that a fishnet pattern/design on the top and leading into the Pants?

I like Dinah's more than Sara's because of the more practical high cut top. Good catch on the fishnet motif!

• Love 3
(edited)

Damn, Dinah's getting a love interest already! Haha. I think either the boyfriend isn't dead or it's the new FBI guy (I could see that happening as she's a cop so they'd be in close proximity). My boyfriend just shouted out loud, "It's gonna be Quentin!" LMAO. 

That official pic of her suit looks much better than the original picture we saw but I still think the short sleeves are a big mistake. 

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If O/F are getting married this year, then it would make sense for them to shift the romantic drama onto the newbies they're pushing.

I hope so! That would definitely be the best way to do things.

(edited)

What does Dinah and Quentin’s relationship look like moving forward?

In season 5, we wanted to explore this idea of someone taking on his daughter’s mantle and what would that look like? That moment where he does say, “Yes, she is the Black Canary,” that is a moment that is certainly one of the steps toward this costume and the evolution of that character. In season 6, it will be building on that and capitalizing on that and also exploring it further.

I don't have a link but assume it's all from the same (EW?) article

Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

That's a great looking picture. I still wish they would do away with the short sleeves/long gloves combo, but the overall costume looks decent and while I am still not a fan of the blonde hair for reasons I have already stated, maybe it won't look too bad if they continue to style it like this!? As for Dinah's love interest, I only have one wish: Please let it be someone who isn't part of the team. These characters need to explore life outside of the Arrowcave more! Thank you.

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Second verse same as the first!

It's so annoying. Ah well, maybe they'll do it better this time around.

Hahahahaha.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

When are the Felicity spoilers coming out because I don't care much about all this other stuff!

Probably not for a while? Apparently Natalie Abrams/EW has an interview with JH out tomorrow so it seems to be focused mainly on Dinah at the moment. I guess we'll see.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

So Dinah is given a love interest and looks like she is going to have an ongoing story arch that includes her own nemesis- three things Laurel Lance never got when she suited up.  Hmmmm...

I like the costume in that poster. I fact I'll go so far as to say it looks better then some of the other character posters for the  Flarrow shows. I don't even mind the gloves and short sleeves combo.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I choose believe that we are hearing about BC and BS now because SDCC is going to be all about OTA and Olicity.

Yeah, it's a little strange this is all coming out a week before SDCC. Like... isn't that where stuff like new costumes and future storylines get revealed? Unless JH isn't going to be at SDCC?

Edited by lemotomato
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why should it matter to BS? (Please don't let there be any more "replace me" lines. Please.) And also, I feel like BS probably should have done a lot of research about E1-LL considering she was pretending to be her in 510. 

Yeah I don't quite get it either given how they set up Sirens feelings towards Laurel. Hopefully that is something they explore if they are going to go there.

32 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I choose believe that we are hearing about BC and BS now because SDCC is going to be all about OTA and Olicity.

I hope so. I really hope so. Or it'll be about Oliver and Myson and Rene and his daughter and maybe there will be a mention of Diggle and his son (but no mention of how Baby Sara once existed). Maybe we'll get a "we'd love to see Felicity's father again, but we'll have to see how the season goes" or something about actor availability. 

Probably more about the masks on the team and maybe something about Slade if he's going to be around for more than the premiere and they choose to announce that. Probably an announcement about the new villain. Maybe some other casting news. Maybe even a joke about how "everyone's dead!" And something about the use of flashbacks, but probably nothing more than we've already read in interviews online. Oh, and a question about any redemption for BS. And ... end of panel. 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why should it matter to BS? (Please don't let there be any more "replace me" lines. Please.) And also, I feel like BS probably should have done a lot of research about E1-LL considering she was pretending to be her in 510. 

Maybe E2-LL is schizophrenic?

LL keeps getting replaced. It's probably BS's villain origin story. Oliver and Sara eloped on their sex cruise. She never got over Sara taking her life. It's a sore subject.

• Love 2

You never get much from the Arrow Panel at SDCC anyway. Most the spoilers come from the press line interviews. 

Remember guys we we got like three straight cons of Olicity wedding spoilers so I'm sure they aren't going to go through SDCC without mentioning Olicity once. Plus Echo teased Smoak Tech so I'm sure that will be mentioned to. 

• Love 2

Here we go again. Family. And judging from how it's been handled in the past on Arrow, biological family will always trump found family.

I wish to see Noah Kuttler and Donna Smoak. But watch, this will be the season Arrow forgets Felicity actually has biological family.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It looks better than the first pic but this is photoshopped so I guess the first pic is closer to what's going to look in reality..

Yeah that's kind of what I'm afraid of.  It looks really good here, but I wasn't wild about it in those earlier pics.

9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Here we go again. Family. And judging from how it's been handled in the past on Arrow, biological family will always trump found family.

I wish to see Noah Kuttler and Donna Smoak. But watch, this will be the season Arrow forgets Felicity actually has biological family.

Marc has already said that pending Toms availability that they have a story plans for Noah.

So if it doesn't happen it will be because the actor didn't/couldn't come back.

12 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Marc has already said that pending Toms availability that they have a story plans for Noah.

So if it doesn't happen it will be because the actor didn't/couldn't come back.

Or the actor is available but they're not willing to meet conditions and price. We'll see ... Arrow doesn't exactly have a great track record securing ahead of time actors they want to use. 

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Or the actor is available but they're not willing to meet conditions and price. We'll see ... Arrow doesn't exactly have a great track record securing ahead of time actors they want to use. 

Maybe. That doesn't change the fact that the writers have already expressed an interest and have planned ideas for Felicity and her bilogical family so it's really way to early to panic or get upset at the writers for not giving Felicity attention. 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Maybe. That doesn't change the fact that the writers have already expressed an interest and have planned ideas for Felicity and her bilogical family so it's really way to early to panic or get upset at the writers for not giving Felicity attention. 

No panic here, not upset, more like setting up very, very, very low expectations. IMO, the best way to deal with Arrow — the show or the spoilers :)

• Love 3

I just hope that even if they can't get TA back (though I really hope they can), they explore how Felicity feels about her father. They don't actually need him around to do that - they can even use that. It doesn't have to be "out of sight, out of mind."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I'm also thinking that they're releasing this stuff now because it will be over shadowed by SDCC announcements. 

• Love 6

5B was pretty good and the press around s5 was as depressing as sh@t so I'm hoping s6 will be okayish no matter what. 

I just want some Felicity/Olicity stuff to get excited about but we did get that last week so I'm probably just spoilt =p

I'd be thrilled for a random pic of EBR to be honest!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I just hope that even if they can't get TA back (though I really hope they can), they explore how Felicity feels about her father. They don't actually need him around to do that - they can even use that. It doesn't have to be "out of sight, out of mind."

They may be able to do that through Felicity helping Oliver with William- giving advice from the perspective of a child who grew up without their father? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know guys, I'm not sure Felicity has anything of value to offer on the subject of children raised by single mothers who then have their father randomly reappear in their life

@LeighAn, omg my sarcasm is directed at the show not you, I'm just a slow typer and didn't see your comment on the same subject.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

If they were good writers they'd use that as a way for her to bond with William. Kind of "I grew up without my dad, too" conversation. (But then they should've used her abandonment issues with her dad in s4 when Oliver found out about William and they didn't so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Not that I want Felicity stuck babysitting William but if he's on the show I do want to see a relationship there, especially if she's going to be his step-mom. 

Edit: Or kinda what @LeighAn said. Haha. Sorry I posted and then saw the other posts!

Edited by Guest

The family theme doesn't worry me too much. 

I'm clinging onto the hope that they navigate Crayola, explore blood family, leading to the wonderful revelation that Olicity want a baby and Oliver wants to experience the whole hog of fatherhood with Felicity, cue S7 where I get my Olicitot wish. 

I just need them to shed light on whether Felicity wants kids cuz I'm not reading her as the kid wanting type so far. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I don't know guys, I'm not sure Felicity has anything of value to offer on the subject of children raised by single mothers who then have their father randomly reappear in their life

@LeighAn, omg my sarcasm is directed at the show not you, I'm just a slow typer and didn't see your comment on the same subject.

All good.

11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I just need them to shed light on whether Felicity wants kids cuz I'm not reading her as the kid wanting type so far. 

She had that talk with Donna where Donna said Oliver would make a good dad and she got all happy and said "I know". So I don't think they have written her as opposed to kids but I don't think it's in her immeadiate priorities.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I immediately went to Not Dead Boyfriend. But I suppose it could be FBI person if that's a character.

Of course we can't rule out Lance because, ya know, Comics! ?

Ha!  Lance is actually exactly where my mind went after they reading WM's line about "Not Diggle, that's what's so much fun."  To me, that sounded like haha, people were thinking it was Diggle but it was (fill in the blank) the whole time!  So I can't help wondering about an existing member of the cast, not someone brand new.  Pike is married, right?  Otherwise, he'd be an option as well.  Technically Rene is around but I think pairing them together would bother me as much as Dinah and Diggle.  

Knowing Wendy, she just created word salad and I shouldn't read into it but yeah, it's a weird thing to say.  FBI guy makes so much more sense.  (Though in truth, I really wouldn't hate Lance and Dinah.  PB is still hot.  ;)   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

FBI guy makes so much more sense.  (Though in truth, I really wouldn't hate Lance and Dinah.  PB is still hot.  ;)   

Assuming FBI Character ends up being male. 

• Love 2

Isn't it nice we're gossiping about Dinah's LI instead of the Armageddon that was Olicity temporary LIs last year. 

I wouldn't mind Dinah and Lance. I want to see the comics people bust a vein and PB is hot in a foxy devil kind of way. Or will they be too busy choking on the Olicity wedding to care. 

• Love 5

Quentin ending up with the woman who not only shares the same name as his ex wife and daughter but is taking over his daughter's BC mantle? Sounds exactly like something Arrow would do. ? ? ?

Honestly, I have no idea who it will be but nothing would surprise me and I can't rule anything out anymore. 

I'm going to say Wild Dog for love interest just because I got vibes from the "Sing Canary" plus he's someone I could buy using the infamous "Pretty Bird" nickname which is oh so important. 

But FBI dude and undead boyfriend are possible contenders. TBH I have no skin in the game. Just happy we no longer have to here about Diggle and Dinah or Oliver and Tinah. ?

• Love 3

I read one fan fic where Oliver and Felicity walked in on Rene and Dinah making out and I still haven't stopped shuddering.  I just can't imagine Dinah with that manchild.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

No panic here, not upset, more like setting up very, very, very low expectations. IMO, the best way to deal with Arrow — the show or the spoilers :)

Yeah, I remember all the comments last summer of how Havenrock will influence Felicity s5.

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

@LeighAnIf they were good writers they'd use that as a way for her to bond with William. Kind of "I grew up without my dad, too" conversation.

I'm not sure they want her to bond with William.  They may want William to be Oliver's thing, with only tangential bonding from Felicity and Thea.

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm not sure they want her to bond with William.  They may want William to be Oliver's thing, with only tangential bonding from Felicity and Thea.

I would very surprised if there was any bonding, remember her opinion on gun violence? Oh that's right, she didn't have one because she wasn't the victim of gun violence. (this show) 

• Love 3